Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I shouldn't need a walkthrough to know how to play the game, especially one that had been straightforward up to that point. A game shouldn't require such tight adherence to a schedule as the sole route to success. I don't like using walkthroughs. They feel a bit like cheating, since they're external to the game itself. They shouldn't be key to not losing the game. A game shouldn't let you play that deeply before finding out everything you did up to that point was wrong.

But after failing enough to Eric, I did try the walkthrough. Just that act made the game even less fun. And all it did was get me a little further into the game. I kept getting caught trying to steal his wallet, no matter how many times I replayed it. I believe the walkthrough for that is to save your game some point before that, and keep trying. Save scrumming should not be a part of progressing in a game. I'm hardly the only person to be stuck by Eric, or to hate the character. And I can't imagine what it was like for people before there were options to get rid of him.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
It only took me one time on my first play through and getting sent to camp before I figured it out.
My 2nd time playing was no problem at all and was the most fun.
Were you able to do it without Eric fucking Alice or Kira? Cause those unpleasant surprises come rather late with out you knowing that "about your blog" or 2nd photoshoot trigger them, and any way to get rid of Eric did not happen until .5. So, if you were playing .4, you were kind of fucked, in keeping Eric's influence low. The game at .4 was a disaster for anyone not into NTR. Exactly the opposite of "Incest game of a lifetime."

I REALLY doubt you figured out how to avoid Eric on one play though.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@Corambis
I am sorry for you because you just don't know how to play the game.

First read this all the way through so you can understand what needs to be done.
This walkthrough is just to get you started and you need to keep on doing the thing it says to do for day 1-10 until you get the money from cam's to support your self, either pay off Eric or pay 300 a week on monday to keep him at bay.
Just make sure you have 1000 cash on hand at all times till you get rid of Eric.

Then download and read the walkthrough here:

Do all this before you start a new game and you will have a lot of fun. (If you like this style of game.)

If you need any help after doing all this please ask in this thread
You shouldn't have to play by a walkthrough to get anywhere in a game. A player is supposed to discover by him/herself. But it should be a ta phase where you don't end up quit in frustration and just want to throw the thing out of the window and never return. Penalities is fine as long as there is recovery and chance to redeem a situation without have to start over or backtrack to much.

Reactions: Asphyx and Darkaura

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

I shouldn't need a walkthrough to know how to play the game, especially one that had been straightforward up to that point. A game shouldn't require such tight adherence to a schedule as the sole route to success. I don't like using walkthroughs. They feel a bit like cheating, since they're external to the game itself. They shouldn't be key to not losing the game. A game shouldn't let you play that deeply before finding out everything you did up to that point was wrong.

But after failing enough to Eric, I did try the walkthrough. Just that act made the game even less fun. And all it did was get me a little further into the game. I kept getting caught trying to steal his wallet, no matter how many times I replayed it. I believe the walkthrough for that is to save your game some point before that, and keep trying. Save scrumming should not be a part of progressing in a game. I'm hardly the only person to be stuck by Eric, or to hate the character. And I can't imagine what it was like for people before there were options to get rid of him.
My 2nd playthrough was not using a walkthroug, I only found the walkthrough on my 4th playthrough but I was already doing what it said to do.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Were you able to do it without Eric fucking Alice or Kira? Cause those unpleasant surprises come rather late with out you knowing that "about your blog" or 2nd photoshoot trigger them, and any way to get rid of Eric did not happen until .5. So, if you were playing .4, you were kind of fucked, in keeping Eric's influence low. The game at .4 was a disaster for anyone not into NTR. Exactly the opposite of "Incest game of a lifetime."

I REALLY doubt you figured out how to avoid Eric on one play though.
Not the 2nd playthrough but I was able to keep him away from both sisters by using the photo to keep him at bay.
As for Kari as long as you don't do the 2nd photo shoot he will not screw her.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You shouldn't have to play by a walkthrough to get anywhere in a game. A player is supposed to discover by him/herself. But it should be a ta phase where you don't end up quit in frustration and just want to throw the thing out of the window and never return. Penalities is fine as long as there is recovery and chance to redeem a situation without have to start over or backtrack to much.
I only post the links for the walkthrough to help players who are having problems playing the game.
I crashed and burn the first time I play but my 2nd time I screwed over Eric with Kate's mom help.
I use the wallet to get something from Eric but I have forgotten what it was but now I use the wallet info to get rid of him asap.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I keep seeing this with the erroneous assumption that 1.0 comes after .9. 1.0 could be a hundred iterations away, after .10, .11, .12... .99, .10. Both MrDots and DarkCookier are beyond .100, how can fans still not yet grasp how software versioning works?
I think he probably will use not 1.0 1.1 1.2 etc but instead will go with 0.10 0.11 0.12.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
That, did not exist in .4. So if you have not had the .4 experience, I doubt you can grasp how livid those of us who did, and were patrons at the time, still are.
I started here with the 7.3 build.

I will become a patron next month with the new build comes out.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Not the 2nd playthrough but I was able to keep him away from both sisters by using the photo to keep him at bay.
As for Kari as long as you don't do the 2nd photo shoot he will not screw her.
But you don't know that, until it happens, and I doubt you'd learn that on one play through.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
But you don't know that, until it happens, and I doubt you'd learn that on one play through.
Thats right I did not learn it until my 3rd playthrough for Kari but I did learn about the keeping him away from the sisters the 2nd playthrough.

U

User_20074

If you get rid of him - thats it, he will not return
Why? as much as I hate eric, his role makes this game looks interesting even though he really pissed me off but that's the good part of him like Joffrey or Cersei in GOT. Now with him gone, I thought this game would be boring but until you put those acting scene, the game becomes interesting again, well done.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hell I did not know how to finish Alice's blog quest until my 12th playthrough.

Reactions: Darkaura

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Why? as much as I hate eric, his role makes this game looks interesting even though he really pissed me off but that's the good part of him like Joffrey or Cersei in GOT. Now with him gone, I thought this game would be boring but until you put those acting scene, the game becomes interesting again, well done.
Then don't get rid of him... you have a choice ._.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Then don't get rid of him... you have a choice ._.
The downside to that, is you don't get to access the new content, and I suspect that it would be too difficult for DS to manage both paths and schedules, and code for Eric and non-Eric, doubling his workload for a path that most do not even want. That kind of (incompatible) fork, will likely have to wait until the main path is finished. I sure hope he does not leave the Oliva path hanging, though as I don't dig anal.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes