Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I disagree.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The problem for many people is that there is no desire to replay the game once you encounter Eric. As others have mentioned, he comes in so powerfully, and turns the family against you with shocking ease, even when you seem to be making the right decisions. The entire wallet arc was an exercise in thinking you were making progress towards getting rid of him, only to be kicked in the balls again and again. It's like playing a video game, and things seem to be going fine. Then suddenly a boss-level opponent comes in out of nowhere and kills you no matter how many times you restart. I have several games that I've never finished because I seem to be physically incapable of getting around certain encounters that I seem ill-prepared for. But Eric has them all beat.

I did replay the game several times trying to get around Eric. They all ended with me being sent to military school, and with me getting madder and madder at the same time, because after restarting from the top, I'd still end up being sent to military school. I definitely wasn't going to be friends with him. Meanwhile, each replay made me lose interest in Ann, Alice, and Lisa because 1) they were being dicks to me thanks to Eric, and 2) they were all becoming part of Eric's harem each time, when I was expecting the opposite when I played the game. Eric not only required you to play things perfectly after he appeared, but he also required you to have played them perfectly from the start. But there was also luck involved as well. It all came together to make Eric a huge, unexpected and annoying obstacle in a game that up until that point had been fairly sandbox in style. In my case, he turned me against the female relatives as much as he turned them against Max. It took a bit of time and the knowledge that I could cheat my way around Eric to get me to return to the game.

TheEdge

Jun 5, 2017
Hello @DarkSilver!
I have to admit that I'm surprised you're here listening our opinions and suggestions about the game. Thanks for that! :)

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@Corambis
I am sorry for you because you just don't know how to play the game.

First read this all the way through so you can understand what needs to be done.
This walkthrough is just to get you started and you need to keep on doing the thing it says to do for day 1-10 until you get the money from cam's to support your self, either pay off Eric or pay 300 a week on monday to keep him at bay.
Just make sure you have 1000 cash on hand at all times till you get rid of Eric.

Then download and read the walkthrough here:

Do all this before you start a new game and you will have a lot of fun. (If you like this style of game.)

If you need any help after doing all this please ask in this thread

Pinesama

Aug 9, 2017
You have a different definition for OP than most.

I may. I also may be dismissively biased against terms like OP or P2W.

That said, I totally get what you are saying and can appreciate your point of view. You're not wrong... A BIG part of my satisfaction comes from achieving my ideal "universe". That and all the trial and error contribute to my enjoyment of a game. Hell, even these discussions add to the experience for me.

Unless you operate with many different saves and keep track of them. The grind is not THAT fun, so to start over after you find yourself shafted doesn't add greatly to the experience nor the satisfaction. Imho it doesn't matter if you Patreon or not. It would be like force yourself to watch through an awful movie just because you bought it and not pirated it.
I freely admit to save scumming.

The problem for many people is that there is no desire to replay the game once you encounter Eric. As others have mentioned, he comes in so powerfully, and turns the family against you with shocking ease, even when you seem to be making the right decisions.
Interesting.

Edited your posts and added a spoiler. Please use them when wall of texting in a reply :c
Hopefully this is better this time...

Last edited:

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
The entire wallet arc was an exercise in thinking you were making progress towards getting rid of him, only to be kicked in the balls again and again. It's like playing a video game, and things seem to be going fine.
Well said. Bad game balance. Bad game design. Russian game developers are NOTORIOUS for making games stupid hard. Which can have it's appeal, as long as you are not repeatedly forced to watch your rival fuck your mom... The modded, post-wallet version of this game is the only way to play, and even then, it't SUPER GRINDY.

markmaso

Jun 2, 2017
@DarkSilver have you thought about releasing an official walkthrough for each update?your game is definetely the most complicated on patreon and a lot of times many of us sit there not knowing how to progress on the new content for each update.
P.S complicated isnt bad.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
@DarkSilver
How many updates of BB are you planning to make? I hope it doesn't end in v1.0...
I keep seeing this with the erroneous assumption that 1.0 comes after .9. 1.0 could be a hundred iterations away, after .10, .11, .12... .99, .10. Both MrDots and DarkCookier are beyond .100, how can fans still not yet grasp how software versioning works?

Last edited:

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
many of us sit there not knowing how to progress on the new content for each update.
For some, that's the "fun" part.

For me, I've grinded through so many days in-game, that blindly searching for triggers has lost it's appeal. I could see it it being interesting if one were doing it from a fresh play-through, (post wallet as doing OP Eric again is a non-starter) but hiding the trigger at Thursday 3AM and at the end of Alice's expensive blog route, was some bullshit.

So yeah, I agree with you, DS should really start including a walk through, or at least some clues behind spoiler tags, with releases, if he's going to be a bit of a dick, about hiding triggers in remote corners of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corambis

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
overrated and very easy to handle
BS. Eric is WAY OP, plz NERF!

No casual gamer on their first, second or third play-through would know how to beat him, and even then you'd need to save-scum. And if you don't like NTR as most do, figuring out how, is one of the most unpleasant experiences ever.

Hell, just getting the swimsuit and dress before him takes precision, massive save-scumming, and you still need to get lucky. Took me 2 tries working from a walkthrough.

Last edited:

markmaso

Jun 2, 2017
For some, that's the "fun" part.

For me, I've grinded through so many days in-game, that blindly searching for triggers has lost it's appeal. I could see it it being interesting if one were doing it from a fresh play-through, (post wallet as doing OP Eric again is a non-starter) but hiding the trigger at Thursday 3AM and at the end of Lisa's expensive blog route, was some bullshit.

So yeah, I agree with you, DS should really start including a walk through, or at least some clues behind spoiler tags, with releases, if he's going to be a bit of a dick, about hiding triggers in remote corners of the game.
yeah i feel ya wait button mashing!took me 2 days to get the third dialogue choice to let me get to alice's room while she is blogging and at the end im not sure how i got it to work...after 2 days(real life)

Reactions: Darkaura

Pinesama

Aug 9, 2017
I could see it it being interesting if one were doing it from a fresh play-through, (post wallet as doing OP Eric again is a non-starter) but hiding the trigger at Thursday 3AM and at the end of Lisa's expensive blog route, was some bullshit.
What trigger are you referring to?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
BS. Eric is WAY OP, plz NERF!

No casual gamer on their first, second or third play-through would know how to beat him, and even then you'd need to save-scum. And if you don't like NTR as most do, figuring out how, is one of the most unpleasant experiences ever.
It only took me one time on my first play through and getting sent to camp before I figured it out.
My 2nd time playing was no problem at all and was the most fun.

Reactions: Shirafune
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes