Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
On this we both agree, I have several paid games, but prior to all games that I currently have, I tried at least once every single one of them with a pirate copy before acquiring any of it, some of these games I don't even play anymore, but the fact that they were worth it made all the reason for me to still buy a copy.

Same with those games on patreon, I have one moment or another sponsored some people's work, I sponsored guys like Cypress Zeta author of home invasion (now renamed Snow Daze) when he was still working on Overwhored, because I felt compeled by the sheer ammount of entertainement that game brought me, same thing with Akabur's trainer games.

Cypress Zeta for example knew his games were being pirated, heck he even went on 4chan and talked with some of the people who pirated versions of his games, he would usually ask them to wait at least a week or so before distribute pirated copies of his games so his sponsors could have some sort of advantage, Akabur is even more laid back he says that if it is in the internet someone will eventually pirate it, getting angry over it is a waste of time.

Authors like that motivates me to sponsor, not only their works but others who prove to be worth of me spending money on them, I won't say I will sponsor all of them (since I'm broke mostly of the time), but those truly noteworthy shall obtain any financial aid I can give
Same with sunsetriders for me. A pirated version was the reason I sponsored his patreon. I even told him before.

Reactions: 3xpurt

Gyron

Mar 3, 2017
Same with sunsetriders for me. A pirated version was the reason I sponsored his patreon. I even told him before.
Icstor for me, been supporting him since Incest Story 2 after pirating Milf Control and Incest Story 1.

dugoth

Nov 23, 2016
Can pirating help a game? Sure, sometimes, word of mouth advertising and all that, for good/high quality games. Word of mouth backfires on mediocre/crappy games though and they of course lose $ as a result of pirating. This, so far, as been a good game and has probably benefited overall.

That said he, as a content creator/author, has not only the right but the responsibility to protect his intellectual property. If he fails to do so in many areas he would, essentially, legally forfeit any copyright or claim to the materials he created. Further with his pricing scheme in his Patreon he doesn't have to find a way to protect his game permanently, he just needs to find a way to keep it from being hacked/cracked for more than 5-7 days so that those who pay $40 feel justified in getting their content earlier than those paying $5, and those paying $5 feel satisfied they got it before it was cracked/broken/hacked.

If he can find a way to keep his game secure for a week+ from first release he'll be able to maximise his profits, keep his investors satisfied that they are receiving what they're paying for, and still benefit from piracy word-of-mouth advertising once the game get's hacked and released widely, even though he hadn't "intended" for it to be available for non-patrons.

Ultimately, in this sort of instance, overly aggressive piracy can backfire and prevent the creation/development of new or higher quality content as content creators need to spend more money and time securing their property rights that could be better directed towards content creation, and potentially shut down the entire process. As with anything it's a balancing act, and the arguments that piracy is somehow morally justified or ethical are as hypocritical as claims that content will never be pirated.

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
Also the reason I bought Rimworld, Sunless Sea and Baldur Gate series. It would have been too much work to constantly download every new version of the game. I just bought it once I knew I would enjoy the game and let the updates come to me either automatically via Steam or mail for something like Rimworld.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Are you able to actually anyone besides Aunt Kira, or is it only blowjobs from Alice, masturbating with Lisa, and watching Eric fuck your Mom?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
up to $18000 on the patreon still complaining about pirates. The hardest life.
C'mon dont be mean, at least give him some heart emoji or something...
DMCA works as well as your DRM.
We'll always win so give up on trying to stop us and actually develop the game.
-Love TCMS :firstimekiss:

dugoth

Nov 23, 2016
There's a lot more hardworking people out there and they actually strive to improve their game and future games and he does not. Clearly in it just for the money
Unlike the rest of the world who work for free, and never ask for raises or expect more than they're offered up front? That's how a market works, you price something high enough until people stop wanting to pay for it and it stabilises. He's gained over $10k in Patreon contributions in 2 weeks, much less than his monthly content release schedule. Clearly the demand for his product is still higher than the price. Why should he give it to you, or anyone, for free when there's someone else willing to pay him for it? Have some sense man. Hell, one could argue just as easily that you're greedy for not wanting to pay him for his work, that sword cuts both ways, and one side isn't any more wrong just because it cuts the other guy instead of you.

As to his content release schedule, all things considered I'd say he's produced more and added more content than others in his field with similar products, of a generally higher quality if he could hire on a decent translator/editor. He may not be able to afford the salary of additional employees to help though...you know...being so greedy and all. This last patch was more about fleshing out the underlying game mechanics and getting the foundations of the game set for future development I think mostly, as he hopes that saves from this new version will be able to be continued to be used in the next, which doesn't work if he plans on adding additional content before the current end-point later.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

EnTeeArrr

Apr 5, 2017
I've seen the scene where Eric confronts you about teaching Lisa and you can give her up to him or start a war. Is there anything similar with Alice?

Akai

Apr 3, 2017
I've seen the scene where Eric confronts you about teaching Lisa and you can give her up to him or start a war. Is there anything similar with Alice?
I don't think so. I tried everything but i don't able to stop the scene with lingerie and massage. I even reduce her relationship with eric using the ikaruga's cheats. Its only reduce the scenes trigering amount. I don't really like ntr. So because of this i started the game over and over again because i don't want to even seeing the front of the mom's door, lisa, eric and mom inside. Only way to prevent the ntr is war with him. I can withstand the idea of the alice's massage scene but i don't withstand the idea lisa's seeing what she don't need to see even its can't be shown openly.

Vanteal

Mar 7, 2017
A little off topic here, but how on earth do you view or convert all the .iso images to a viewable format found in the download/photos section?

Nov 21, 2016
A little off topic here, but how on earth do you view or convert all the .iso images to a viewable format found in the download/photos section?
check previous messages there is some people who explain how and even already have images files as a dl link somewhere (don't know where since I wasn't interested in checking it out so kind forgot which page it is)

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Added images to OP so people stop asking for them

Reactions: tobias

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Add savegames also, before older sister message and punishment ;)
Cant attach them thanks to chrome update that fucked with xenforo so I linked the comment.

hashiiim

Aug 30, 2016
i dont believe the next update will be in may 2nd .... since he hasnt posted any plans for v0.4 ....

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Ok, i just went throu all the paths, and i can't wait for the next update.
Please, patreon : keep us posted about anything :p

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes