3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Errrrggg ... I dunno how I feel about the progression of the game.

While improved graphics are nice, this feels to me like the devs are focusing too much on aesthetics while the community (well, I at least) would prefer more content (e.g. more items, weapons, levels, H-scenes). Sorta reminds me of Skyrim, where the devs were so focused on improving silly things like the transparency of water textures instead of addressing bugs and collusion errors ...

I think the good news is that they've addressed WHY they're improving Julia's functionality, so that the new mechanics can be added, which is preventing me from throwing a tantrum. :p

Reactions: Onkin

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
Errrrggg ... I dunno how I feel about the progression of the game.

While improved graphics are nice, this feels to me like the devs are focusing too much on aesthetics while the community (well, I at least) would prefer more content (e.g. more items, weapons, levels, H-scenes). Sorta reminds me of Skyrim, where the devs were so focused on improving silly things like the transparency of water textures instead of addressing bugs and collusion errors ...

I think the good news is that they've addressed WHY they're improving Julia's functionality, so that the new mechanics can be added, which is preventing me from throwing a tantrum. :p
Actually improving the water shader was crucial, because it was extremely taxing even on the highest end GPU's. Adding more shit is kinda hard when the developer is working on 3 projects at once lol

Reactions: Xarn and Nagato_

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Actually improving the water shader was crucial, because it was extremely taxing even on the highest end GPU's. Adding more shit is kinda hard when the developer is working on 3 projects at once lol
Well, I meant I could've cared less if there actually WEREN'T any flowing water in the first section, or if it were low res.
I am thankful of course that they did optimize, since my game was crashing constantly due to memory leaks.

As for the 3 projects, I suppose that's another gripe; pretty much every dev works on multiple projects at once and it either slows down development/stops a project altogether, or one/both of the games suffer as a result.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
That sad feeling when this is literally still a better resident evil game than 5 and 6.
Tbh if Leon story didn't go up up and away it would have been the best one in the game but they added in those bullet sponge enemies and added too much high action crap that it when down. Chris is just bad all around for its heavy action and sponge enemies and Sherry was just annoying since it wanted to focus on RE's weakest element at times. The crazies thing is that they could have easily made it work as it was going for something like the original RE2 were you played the role of all key players in stopping the bio attack.
RE5 problem was that it had too much action and rarely was the player ever on the same level as the special enemies unless they replayed to boost their equipment, maybe. Also most of the enemies worked like RE4 enemies but tougher which might be why the scariest thing in the game was a cockroach, with its motion blur cloud as it approaches for its attack. Then when you consider the fact the game is about a virus with a higher rate of failure than it is to make a tyrant it seems like the villains should have just scrapped it and moved on to something that works.

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
Holy shit I've just realised that when the dog is taking Julia in missionary theres an belly bulge ^^ Nice.Wish there was bulge on big guy..would make sense since his "size".

elhlyn

Jul 5, 2017
Tbh if Leon story didn't go up up and away it would have been the best one in the game but they added in those bullet sponge enemies and added too much high action crap that it when down. Chris is just bad all around for its heavy action and sponge enemies and Sherry was just annoying since it wanted to focus on RE's weakest element at times. The crazies thing is that they could have easily made it work as it was going for something like the original RE2 were you played the role of all key players in stopping the bio attack.
RE5 problem was that it had too much action and rarely was the player ever on the same level as the special enemies unless they replayed to boost their equipment, maybe. Also most of the enemies worked like RE4 enemies but tougher which might be why the scariest thing in the game was a cockroach, with its motion blur cloud as it approaches for its attack. Then when you consider the fact the game is about a virus with a higher rate of failure than it is to make a tyrant it seems like the villains should have just scrapped it and moved on to something that works.
The argument I heard in regards to Resident evil 5 & 6 was that it's a good game but as a resident evil, let alone a horror game it fails much in the same way saying Minecraft is a horrible turn based strategy game.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
That sad feeling when this is literally still a better resident evil game than 5 and 6.
I'm pretty sure this franchise died after 2. Oh wait, dc code veronica was pretty good too, but I didn't like nemesis. 4 was kinda a different game whatsoever. A gather this one more like 4, which was not a bad game per se, but well…

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I tried this game a while back and decided to try again. Before, I felt that the game had a lot of promise and just needed some time. This time I think the game is super clunky and difficult and . I couldn't even get close to escaping the trap room this time and with no way to continue a save, I'm done play testing this one. I'll check back in another year.

Reactions: oxking72

oxking72

Apr 29, 2017
This game needs some serious work with some of the aim mechanics, and the swing mechanics with the knife. The zombie's hit speed is much faster than you hitting with your knife. Though I would like to point out that some zombies die with 2 hits to the head while others are 4 or 5.

3.80 star(s) 44 Votes