3.80 star(s) 43 Votes

Damnro

Mar 31, 2020
I mean that's like the main issue, some of their screenshot saturday shit was head scratching at best, I can understand redoing code so that the updates further along aren't so scuffed. Cool, but like, holy sweet mother of fuck, it's been 4 years, and we've gotten next to no where on animations or enemies, they'd get more money if they actually delivered content instead of whatever the hell we got now, and not wasting it on those side projects, the however many they did.
It's their choice. They have not ready nor prepare to crunch themselves on one project with just 2 peoples doing everysheet. Even if they got more money i doubt they could hire some professional devs or something. They tried to hire outside peoples in the past already, and it didn't go well too

Dec 25, 2018
how do you move key items into the box?
I can't select it.. [edit]
owh sorry my bad..
You have to edit the special button to toggle the menu in the options..

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
My God, and we 've been waiting for this for so long, the nightmare is just awful, no new animations, enemies buttons a and D don't work, I don 't know what will happen next in general, I don 't expect that, they will finish this game.

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
People complaining about lightning, do you perhaps have shadows set to low? I have them set to max and the lights are fine, setting it to low makes the game blinding so try that.

As I've said before, no new animations so this update is already a flop for me, but I'll go a bit into details (not like the devs roam around here anyway):

The metal detector mechanic is janky, I love the idea of being weaponless in a zombie-filled room, but this level has way too much of it and there's no option to remove everything from the inventory at once, which is MUCH needed if you want to keep the mechanic as it is.

The level in on itself is fine, maybe some rooms are a little too cramped and you can't dodge or do anything which is bad* but overall I liked a lot the design and the fact that you sometimes have to run because you don't have your weapons.

Pubes are eh, they don't look good at all but then again I don't know how to switch inbetween styles.

The zombies being able to grab you from behind and break your clothes all at once is a very nice addition that I've been wanting for a while. It reminds me of the zombie dog from Captivity which can grab you only if you show him your back. Glad they've removed the silly running grab animations from zombies, and added a new slower and more "dangerous" one (still waiting for sex to actually do anything in this game). The slower animation works well in the new level, but I would assume it's trash in open areas like literally all of the other levels (except for the house).

*As for the cramped spaces being bad, it's because there's this new "zombies spawning everywhere" mechanic where zombies respawn in all of the rooms, except you sometimes get the big zombie to spawn inside a fucking corridor and even worse a corridor where you don't have your weapons. How are you expected to actually progress in this case? You can't dodge because the space is cramped, you literally can't pass through because he's way too fat, the only option left is to just lose and hope it doesn't happen again.

Reactions: Multiplayer

Dhitz

May 29, 2021
Really don't understand sooo many negative nanny's here on the forum.

Really appreciate that there is a new update and you don't have to wait a year for it
I'm actually glad they added a new map even if it's small
at least it shows they work on something
while working hard, obviously new bugs pop up
I hope we dont have to wait one year to fix this too much elasticity on the zombies side.....

Houson we have a problem! :O

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multiplayer

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
Really they should have made that your inventory is locked when going thru "no metal hallway" ..not EVER going to play this shit again and it was freaking short..what the heck..

Reactions: VoxElectra23

Dhitz

May 29, 2021
when I say negative nanny...
the problem is not when you report a bug/issue
the problem is that we all wait for an update,
then you get an update and you can't appreciate the new content/features/fixes
even that it comes with new bugs... sadly
software development always comes with bugs :alien:

Reactions: reodd

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
Are the old fantasy card keys still working?

*edit: I tried and they are not working anymore. I deleted my old files in AppData.

Last edited:

Theonesmith

May 1, 2020
So for me I got to the end (the metal detector was cool but way over done) and the last medallion would not place. I had all 4 and she refused to place the last one so could not complete the mission. The other annoying thing is I basically did the whole mission hand to hand no weapons because of the metal detector things

Reactions: rhial

shado990

Jan 10, 2018
So for me I got to the end (the metal detector was cool but way over done) and the last medallion would not place. I had all 4 and she refused to place the last one so could not complete the mission. The other annoying thing is I basically did the whole mission hand to hand no weapons because of the metal detector things
Theres 5 medallions 1 of them is different and does nothing you probably picked up that one.

Mar 29, 2020
I passed the game, which I can say in principle is not bad, but there are no new animations of new enemies, zombies also literally appear out of thin air, which makes the game nonsense only killed and one has only to go out the other door and have to kill again, and so in principle it will go, but animations need to be added more, I think this is not only my opinion, I wish good luck to the developers. Excuse my English

ZoneTan20

Dec 15, 2018
I find the big guys just get stun-locked with the knife and seem to take far less hits to die than previous version.

Oh and as mentioned can't change appearance, that menu seems locked as well as trigger points for unlocking anything don't seem to work (like hair change unlock).

D.K

Nov 3, 2017
when I say negative nanny...
the problem is not when you report a bug/issue
the problem is that we all wait for an update,
then you get an update and you can't appreciate the new content/features/fixes
even that it comes with new bugs... sadly
software development always comes with bugs :alien:
That is so far from the point, 2 people is not an excuse for taking a WHOLE YEAR to make one SINGLE level. For fucks sake, D-lis, the absolute unit that made https://f95zone.to/threads/night-of-revenge-v1-0-6-mlt-d-lis.52284/ took 4 years. Worked on the game ALONE, the coding, the artwork, the story, literally everything was made by them; in the same 4 years, VersusX has done barely anything outside of giving us a bunch of animations (two? three? on a kind of boring boss tbh). As well as like 3 new levels now, the first two levels have been in the game for a long ass time now.

It's almost like we're forced to wait a year for an update, because that's how long it takes for them to work on one. Of course people aren't going to appreciate how little there was in the update, it feels exactly like an update from Eromancer.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
That is so far from the point, 2 people is not an excuse for taking a WHOLE YEAR to make one SINGLE level. For fucks sake, D-lis, the absolute unit that made https://f95zone.to/threads/night-of-revenge-v1-0-6-mlt-d-lis.52284/ took 4 years. Worked on the game ALONE, the coding, the artwork, the story, literally everything was made by them; in the same 4 years, VersusX has done barely anything outside of giving us a bunch of animations (two? three? on a kind of boring boss tbh). As well as like 3 new levels now, the first two levels have been in the game for a long ass time now.

It's almost like we're forced to wait a year for an update, because that's how long it takes for them to work on one. Of course people aren't going to appreciate how little there was in the update, it feels exactly like an update from Eromancer.
This right here. It's a literal year of waiting for an update, and while it's not as blatantly money-stealing as Eromancer and MatM, it's a fair comparison. Sure, I'm not paying for it and I'll freely admit that to anyone who wants to argue, but I also can't defend that they take a ridiculously long time to make updates. To your point, I completely agree that one year is more than enough time for a single level, regardless of the engine or number of people working on it. The last update was pretty much just a boss monster which had mixed interest. This one seems to have a mechanic nobody wants (the metal detectors) or that is poorly implemented.

I think the issue is that lots of us want certain things (obviously, we're all disappointed by the lack of animations, and personally, while I'm happy there's a new level, I'd like some sort of new enemy or equipment, unlocked cameras during scenes (without console), specific bugfixes, and maybe a pregnancy/corruption feature or something since cum inflation does nothing except slow you down and is easily curable, making it more of a novelty than a real game mechanic). However, VersusX is either using the money Patrons pay them for their side projects, or their Patrons actually WANT those projects. Regardless and unfortunately, this particular game's dev cycle is extended. Not sure about you, but I have absolutely no interest in any of their other projects and I don't see many users here clamoring for them either since those projects are far more generic and inundated in their saturated market.

I'm really curious on how the devs decide what to add for each update. I'm not a Patron (thank god), so I have no access to their Patreon and can't see if they create polls or have any way to receive feedback. But if they're not being held accountable and their Patrons just blindly throw them money (insert Fry meme here), then they can just sit back and work on updates nobody wants, or updates that are so minuscule and/or effortless that it's not even worth updating in the first place, while taking literal years to do so, a la MatM. I'm not accusing the devs of being lazy. I'm saying I'm concerned they're not being effectively productive considering their demographic.

I've yet to fully play the new update, but it also seems there are quite a few bugs. While it's common, it's also not especially auspicious, considering the previous game version had some fairly annoying bugs as well that weren't addressed.

Reactions: D.K

Damnro

Mar 31, 2020

Lmao you are comparing professional devs with literally 2 freaking dudes who barely both learn to code and produce a project for real. Also the engine is different so different problems they encounters, i'm not even defending VersusX but by comparing like this is just bullsheet on so many levels. Just so you know dummies, Bioasshard run on Unreal Engine 4 - full 3D real time, with real compile graphic pipeline like Shadow cache, lightning, etc... While Night Of The Witch Revenge run on Unity and being a 2.5D Side Scroller, mean lesser 3D effects they need to worry about. Not to mention D-list devs had already succeeded developing their first game is Bullet Requiem so they literally already have balance codes and assets to reuse in Night Of The Witch Revenge, and even with all that it still cost 4 Years to develop that game, just so you know Game Dev is not something you can say: " Hey let put this, let code this out of thin air and it will be perfect with no bug or problems ". Your whining should be spent for those who work on long run Visual Novel Renpy with ultra laziness not these dudes. Or maybe you wanna be a genius and help them with coding and optimizing an already troublesome engine ?

3.80 star(s) 43 Votes