3.30 star(s) 55 Votes

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
I don't get it. Why is it that so many of these games have such well crafted and customized women but a protagonist that looks like out of the box tall Jimmy Neutron?
Same!
There are perhaps 2-3 models of MC that actually look good and not like old men, femboys, 15 year olds, nerds, psychopaths or brainless jocks.

Good (as in not the list above) examples imo are (though some are debatable (d)):

- summers gone (after the haircut)
- university of problems
- the newerwhere tales (came out today)
- savior
- no more money
- college kings
- above the clouds (d)
- my best deal (d)
- life in santa county (d)
- nursing back to pleasure
- young again
- helping the hotties
- apartment 69
- a man for all (d)
- worlds of wonders
- lust theory (d)
- chasing sunsets (d)
- where it all began
- how to fix the future (d)
- Artemis

then there are those where the MC barely (if ever) is seen as it's supposed to be from his pov
- savior
- heart problems
- city of broken dreamers
- dreams of desire
- a.o.a. academy
- where the heart is
- haleys story
- bright lord
- personal trainer
- milfs of sunville
- wvm
- college bound
- superheroes suck

My guess is that there just aren't that much good male models out there and the few that are, are used quite often.

Last edited:

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
The game isn't bad but I think the MC's appearance is a little weird but I loved the story, it really intrigued me and Linda's appearance was very good. I hope we can see her as a LI.
And damn we definitely need revenge path for some of the girls. Emma, Kate, Charlotte and Annie!(yeap definitely Annie). No matter how much Annie is from the family, I don't think a single apology will save you from the humiliation you've been through for a year and she was still having fun talking to her friends.. Its just not enough. For now, I think the only forgivable person is Sarah (Im not so sure tho). She didn't do anything directly to anyone but doing nothing is just as bad.. I'm looking forward to the new update.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogokin

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
You have a list of vns and games based on male hairstyle? :unsure:
These are just some games where the MC is not a total negative distraction from the gaming experience.
The MC in Summers gone has a very weird hairstyle and gets a haircut throughout the story that makes him look less like a homeless person.
Other then that there's nothing in my comment where I'm writing about hairstyle.

Reactions: Connie W
Feb 17, 2022
Damn I love a good revenge but I have my reservations if that's what we will actually get. With the dev introducing a "morality meter" it makes me think going for some justified revenge will end up being the "bad endings" type of shit, while MC fully embracing his wet cardboard spine and falling for inevitable sob stories of these unrepentent cunts will lead to the "good endings".

I really hope the dev has the balls to go full-on scorched earth on these bitches. Please oh please have the fortitude to go down that dark as fuck but totally justified path!

Connie W

Jan 25, 2018
Same!
There are perhaps 2-3 models of MC that actually look good and not like old men, femboys, 15 year olds, nerds, psychopaths or brainless jocks.

Good (as in not the list above) examples imo are (though some are debatable (d)):

- summers gone (after the haircut)
- university of problems
- the newerwhere tails (came out today)
- savior
- no more money
- college kings
- above the clouds (d)
- my best deal (d)
- life in santa county (d)
- nursing back to pleasure
- young again
- helping the hotties
- apartment 69
- a man for all (d)
- worlds of wonders
- lust theory (d)
- chasing sunsets (d)
- where it all began
- how to fix the future (d)
- Artemis

then there are those where the MC barely (if ever) is seen as it's supposed to be from his pov
- savior
- heart problems
- city of broken dreamers
- dreams of desire
- a.o.a. academy
- where the heart is
- haleys story
- bright lord
- personal trainer
- milfs of sunville
- wvm
- college bound
- superheroes suck

My guess is that there just aren't that much good male models out there and the few that are, are used quite often.
I just feel like the game creators are just saying "fuck it" and deciding to not put any work into them. They spend time and energy into creating the women but zero effort on the protag who will be in nearly every shot. We know that countless ladies from games are "25% of her, an 40% of her, etc., and heavy feature edits". But the guys are usually just out of the box. It feels skipped over.

Since you named games I'll name some figures :) . From the render side there are some good places to start for guys if you're willing to put some work in. Michael (in all of his iterations), Shaun (by Kadaj777), Jun Jie, and CC Puck are good places to start for a young adult protag. Each also has decent skins. For flavor and edits try adding some Asher, Hans, or Boyfriend. For adult males try Tristan, Nix, Zak and Pheonix1966's Dan and Sean. For younger looking young adults, just a little (not much at all!) of Ceejay or Memphis goes a long way. I can credit and link to any of these if anyone wants.

fruitsalad15

Jul 24, 2022
How far along is the game? I played it and I loved the forced public nudity with the protagonist and Amber. Is there any plans to be able to humiliate the girls in the same way? Like stealing their clothes and towels while they're showering, forcing them into the halls naked like Amber, or maybe even something like a dissolving bikini or "accidently" ruining all their clothes. Just some ideas haha
From what I played it's pretty short sadly.

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
IcarusLabs since I really like your game, let me give you some well-intentioned piece of advice: don't implement any analytics functions in your game without letting players know about them and giving them the option to turn them off. And don't enable them by default. Many players, including me, don't like this!
Sorry for the issue guys! I am new to programming and I saw this on a post somewhere about analytics in VN games. I didn't think this through at all. I should have thought to make it optional at the very least. It is gone now and won't be coming back.

I have uploaded v0.1.6 that has removed analytics.

My sincere apologies if you were bothered by it.

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
How far along is the game? I played it and I loved the forced public nudity with the protagonist and Amber. Is there any plans to be able to humiliate the girls in the same way? Like stealing their clothes and towels while they're showering, forcing them into the halls naked like Amber, or maybe even something like a dissolving bikini or "accidently" ruining all their clothes. Just some ideas haha
From what I played it's pretty short sadly.
This is only Episode 1, so we are just getting started. I like your ideas. Lots of fun things planned!

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
Tempted to play but that MC's hair... I hate that hairstyle so much... It actually manages to trigger me every time I see it. It's like bad cliche villain hairdo #1 and besides being an awful hairstyle, it feels so wrong to see it on the protagonist.
lol, I'll have to add in a TRIGGER warning for this! How about this for EP3? So traumatized from events, MC gives up the revenge business and focuses on his real passion: smooth jazz.

mc_hair.png

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
So, will this be a revenge story?
And if so, how vengefull?

Btw a lot of new devs on here just work on their 'projects' in their offtime untill they reach a patreon milestone so don't worry too much about that.
(It's becoming a Patron on Patreon by the way, not becoming a Patreon on Patreon.)

Reactions: IcarusLabs

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Going by planned tags it's nothing hardcore.
Oh, I don't mean something like graphic violence, moreso the tone and whether it will just turn into your run of the mill harem love story with a mostly forgiven and forgotten background/story.

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
So, will this be a revenge story?
And if so, how vengefull?

Btw a lot of new devs on here just work on their 'projects' in their offtime untill they reach a patreon milestone so don't worry too much about that.
(It's becoming a Patron on Patreon by the way, not becoming a Patreon on Patreon.)
This is my offtime!!

Yes, it is a revenge story, but you get to choose your path. Don't expect cartel style executions, but there is some real revenge moments in EP2.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
lol, I'll have to add in a TRIGGER warning for this! How about this for EP3? So traumatized from events, MC gives up the revenge business and focuses on his real passion: smooth jazz.

View attachment 1966720
Looks better, actually. Give him some beard and mustache, and those bitches will think twice before messing with this guy.
Say "what" again I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say "what" one more Goddamn time!

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
As someone that has witnessed and been a victim of bullying, this storyline intrigues me. I do hope we get to see decent resolution in getting back at those bullies, Annie and Sarah included. Annie basically chose her side when she threw those five years of being step-siblings down in a drain by siding with her bully friends. It would be pretty impossible for her to not know that MC was not only constantly tormented because of her friends, but also that he got beat up so badly that he had to go to hospital, that kind of shit is really hard to ignore. Sarah is also guilty for not speaking out against the things the group did, instead she reinforced their behaviour by just being there with them. While i won't go as far as some here have that there is no way for the group to redeem themselves, it will be hard for the to get trust and forgiveness from MC, considering it wasn't just one simple prank they pulled on him and others. The spreading of nude pics of someone and forcing someone to streak in school like that is the kind of things that will traumatize or even drive some people to suicide.

Basically the group would have to go through similar level of pain that MC and Amber went through so that there would be any chance of redemption after all that, or actively seek redemption by turning in the ones that were really guilty of it and publicly come clean with their crimes.

All in all, interesting story and i'm eager to see how it continues.

Derpyshanks

Jul 14, 2021
Damn I love a good revenge but I have my reservations if that's what we will actually get. With the dev introducing a "morality meter" it makes me think going for some justified revenge will end up being the "bad endings" type of shit, while MC fully embracing his wet cardboard spine and falling for inevitable sob stories of these unrepentent cunts will lead to the "good endings".

I really hope the dev has the balls to go full-on scorched earth on these bitches. Please oh please have the fortitude to go down that dark as fuck but totally justified path!
This. I called this back on the first update. And tbh, it feels like its headed more towards that with this update.

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
Looks better, actually. Give him some beard and mustache, and those bitches will think twice before messing with this guy.
Say "what" again I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say "what" one more Goddamn time!
mc_hair.png

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
View attachment 1966810

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."
Lol, now we're talking. Seriously man, do it. :)

3.30 star(s) 55 Votes