4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

HV10

Feb 20, 2018
HUH that fast?!? A welcome suprise if true. Honeslty i thought the soonest timeframe would be by the end of the year. Or anything related to a release teaser from Toro.
It's gonna take a while for translations I think

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
HUH that fast?!? A welcome suprise if true. Honeslty i thought the soonest timeframe would be by the end of the year. Or anything related to a release teaser from Toro.
Well, it has been almost a year and half since the blog that announced the game, which already had some artwork and gameplay screens so it was already being worked on before that even. If you compare the release dates of bs 1 and 2, they're only a year and a few months apart.
Depends on how text heavy it is and how big it is. BS 2 took almost 2 years for an official translation but dlc 3 took like 2 months. I think they were done by the same person. If that's the case, they probably have a process down to speed along translations so maybe it won't be too long, if that same person picks it up.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Toro seem to be a workaholic then. Pushing these games constantly out. Maybe it really was just the CGs that took so long compared to the main rpg-maker stuff. Toro upped the total CG amount 2-3 times. At least if i remember that correctly Toro mentioned there will be no LvL up/Stat system for RDH. Ahhh i know translation will take a while but happy to hear its sooner than later.

Maybe RDH will also get DLC content down the line. But from Toros Twitter it already seems stacked with content.

Aug 22, 2022

He claimed a summer release for dead red hood in the last blog

I can't be sure since by the time I got into black souls, dlc 1 was already part of the game. If I had to guess, she was just added to the requirements once it came out.
Feels odd if only she got retroactively added, but I guess it does make sense lore-wise since she's one of those who falls to Jubjub. I have yet to have a full grasp on the story and it will probably take some time before I do get it because I plan to at least do one more run just for the Moonlight Greatsword and another one wherein I go full SEN 0.

The requirements to Ending B kind of surprised me though because I thought I needed everyone alive but I was still able to get it after killing Wolris and imprisoning both Shisha and the Duchess after I got their covenants to max level.

Last edited:

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
ChatGPT translations are definitly servicable enough that the game should be playable and understandable pretty much on day one (or whenever someone decides to make such a translation)

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Abhorrent cloak is in the big hole in the wall in jabberwock's home. Phalanx spell is obtained from the phalanx enemy, whose location is reached by interacting with one of the busts in rabbit hole. One of those busts leads to phalanx, another one leads to the rabbit door.

Reactions: pienao

Deathstar1200

Aug 4, 2021
Hey guys, do you have general tips for someone who goes blind? I played Blacksouls 1 and I remember if I went to certain locations too late, there are sad consequences. I don't want to use the guide, but still I am not sure I want to spend days grinding for endings.

Aug 22, 2022
Deathstar1200 you're in luck because I just finished my mini FAQ. At first, I just took down bullet points as some sort of checklist for my own runs but then I just decided to format it properly so that newcomers won't have to travel through hundreds of pages and accidentally get spoiled in the process (d-definitely not me). Though, to be honest, I can't really guarantee that this is free of spoilers, thanks to the nature of the game and our ability to glean context from a few words, I'll still do my best to make it as spoiler-free as possible. For more information, check out the some of the users' posts/walkthroughs in the credits section.

Black Souls Main Game + DLC 1 FAQ
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Credits:
Phenir
Jacodu
ShinV
gette
schala
-Black Souls 2 Walkthrough + Boss Guide ( All endings, minimum stats / gear ) ( )
-j no pictures nobulbous to ii ( )
-Black Souls JP wiki ( )

Last edited:

Deathstar1200

Aug 4, 2021
Deathstar1200 you're in luck because I just finished my mini FAQ. At first, I just took down bullet points as some sort of checklist for my own runs but then I just decided to format it properly so that newcomers won't have to travel through hundreds of pages and accidentally get spoiled in the process (d-definitely not me). Though, to be honest, I can't really guarantee that this is free of spoilers, thanks to the nature of the game and our ability to glean context from a few words, I'll still do my best to make it as spoiler-free as possible. For more information, check out the some of the users' posts/walkthroughs in the credits section.

Credits:
Phenir
Jacodu
ShinV
gette
schala
-Black Souls 2 Walkthrough + Boss Guide ( All endings, minimum stats / gear ) ( )
-Black Souls JP wiki ( )
What does SP mean?

Edit: I've read some parts I think that won't spoil my experience. You get SP from defeating bosses? Is this right?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022
What does SP mean?

Edit: I've read some parts I think that won't spoil my experience. You get SP from defeating bosses? Is this right?
Not necessarily, but most of the time that's what increases it. In the library there are 10 candles on top of the main white door. By progressing the game, a candle lights and by lighting 10 candles, you can fight the "final boss" and get the ending. Forgot to answer SP stands for story progression.

I say "not necessarily" because there are some things that increase it that aren't related to fighting bosses such as talking to a particular NPC at SP0 in the Spore Forest or entering certain areas.

An overall guide on this can be found from this post:
all saves

DLC3 companions
DLC3 visual novel
effect of LUK on status ailments

!!!IMPORTANT!!!
This post (and everything it links to) was last updated before the release of the official English translation. Everything below this notice may or may not be up-to-date with current content and some names may be different between the fan and official translations.
!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Quick walkthrough, some lore, and full save by hahahaZXC

Major spoilers, obviously. Feel free to point out stuff I missed or anything I'm wrong on. Also, the map in the txt file was mangled for me, so I fixed it. Still in Japanese though, so Google Translate is your friend. If formatting breaks it again, I also attached a picture you can use an OCR on or something.

Reactions: Deathstar1200

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

Credits:
Phenir
Jacodu
ShinV
gette
schala
-Black Souls JP wiki ( )
Not necessarily, but most of the time that's what increases it. In the library there are 10 candles on top of the main white door. By progressing the game, a candle lights and by lighting 10 candles, you can fight the "final boss" and get the ending. Forgot to answer SP stands for story progression.

I say "not necessarily" because there are some things that increase it that aren't related to fighting bosses such as talking to a particular NPC at SP0 in the Spore Forest or entering certain areas.

An overall guide on this can be found from this post:
There's 4 places you can get progress without fighting a boss. Besides the spore forest event, the remaining three are getting past the guards at the start of the rose maze by any means (including suicide, bill's note, or fighting them), pulling the lever in the crypt of the cathedral, and entering upper lutwidge from the south

Reactions: Omnom88

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I didnt register the guards at the maze also trigger progress. There is always something new to learn about BSII.

Aug 22, 2022

There's 4 places you can get progress without fighting a boss. Besides the spore forest event, the remaining three are getting past the guards at the start of the rose maze by any means (including suicide, bill's note, or fighting them), pulling the lever in the crypt of the cathedral, and entering upper lutwidge from the south
Thanks for calling me out on my mistakes; I'll edit in what you said. I can't believe I mistyped Griffy's considering I did it to death in my runs. As much as possible, I don't really want to go the JP wiki because I'm currently practicing the glorious language of the Nihonjin (for Rance X haha) and I force myself to read it raw, but I'll clean up the list for completion's sake. Admittedly, I just rushed the release of my .txt because it seemed like I could bank in on someone who was asking for advice.
At first I tried to split between Nightmare and Madness spirits but I ended up with just two spirits for the latter: the big boy at Fuming Forest for a particular fairy tale and the nameless one at the Nameless Forest for the turnip fairy tale. It was then that I realized that I really wasn't paying attention to what the victory splash screen showed up and that I needed to do another run. Thankfully, I can clean it up because I still plan to do one more run, but this time, this will be my last run in preparation for DLC 3.

Just have some questions; do you know what specifically triggers Red Hood to appear at the Hotel? In my Fairy Tale run, I just met with Red Hood thrice: at her initial meeting, at Bathory's, and at the Mushroom Village, and she didn't show up when I did the Hotel event. It was only in my SEN 0 run wherein I met with her a lot that she showed up there.
Also, does the advice that you at least need 10-20k stats per attribute for DLC 3 still hold up? I'm still going through DLC 2 and I'm still building up my stats by what I think is the way according to the forums: by buying the 300k black soul from Mabel.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for calling me out on my mistakes; I'll edit in what you said. I can't believe I mistyped Griffy's considering I did it to death in my runs. As much as possible, I don't really want to go the JP wiki because I'm currently practicing the glorious language of the Nihonjin (for Rance X haha) and I force myself to read it raw, but I'll clean up the list for completion's sake. Admittedly, I just rushed the release of my .txt because it seemed like I could bank in on someone who was asking for advice.
At first I tried to split between Nightmare and Madness spirits but I ended up with just two spirits for the latter: the big boy at Fuming Forest for a particular fairy tale and the nameless one at the Nameless Forest for the turnip fairy tale. It was then that I realized that I really wasn't paying attention to what the victory splash screen showed up and that I needed to do another run. Thankfully, I can clean it up because I still plan to do one more run, but this time, this will be my last run in preparation for DLC 3.

Just have some questions; do you know what specifically triggers Red Hood to appear at the Hotel? In my Fairy Tale run, I just met with Red Hood thrice: at her initial meeting, at Bathory's, and at the Mushroom Village, and she didn't show up when I did the Hotel event. It was only in my SEN 0 run wherein I met with her a lot that she showed up there.
Also, does the advice that you at least need 10-20k stats per attribute for DLC 3 still hold up? I'm still going through DLC 2 and I'm still building up my stats by what I think is the way according to the forums: by buying the 300k black soul from Mabel.
As for the best way to get stats, yes Mabel has the goods or rather, the location. It is fastest to use the boss rush instead of the dungeon itself as the reward at the end includes 50 souls + you get enough souls from kills to buy another 20-30 if you use double soul drops. Prior that repeatedly fighting Miranda works and before that would be eyeballs at the crash site using storm ruler. Also you don't need to use outer one souls as any black soul gives the same amount of stats per soul spent. You could just buy from Hein if you find looking for Mabel in the dungeon bothersome.

BTW, make sure you pick up the true vorpal sword if you haven't already.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes