4.80 star(s) 81 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
What?

But I killed Jub Jub (technically it was past progress 10 but I stopped activating bonfires and didn't die).

Yet I still saw this, although I had no master keys at that point. Yet they were still alive when I came back later. I even finished Griffy's questline and got Lorina killed (rest in peace my beloved).
Did you use homeward bonedust? Jubpocalypse triggers on death, bonfire resting (lighting is ok), or bonedust.
Is the DLsite version a different updated? I'm watching a stream and they got the game from there. While the bonus file says I have all the DLCs I'm trying to figure out why the carts are stopping me from getting tearing grudge. Also the version they are using seems to have the equip button as more than a E and skills and magic is called Techniques.
Sounds like you are using the pre dlc 3 fan translation. When/where did you download it from? Because the version here should be up to date. By all dlcs, what do you mean? There's 3. God of the deep ocean, old king of the chess, and crown of the lion and unicorn.
DLsite has the official translation and a bunch of changes like OST. This here is has the fantranslation and old OST. That should be it unless OP changed since then.
The one here is not a fan translation. Pretty sure there is not a fan translation that includes dlc 3 at all. The one here does have the old OST though.

Last edited:

Goldines

Apr 17, 2020
I finished dlc 3, gosh i wish i could go back to black souls 1 sometimes to just a childish story but i can't and am left wanting more, i do wish an hope even that end g is the true end but as we're gonna have black souls 3 i'm sure it ain't, i could and i'm rn breaking my mind trying to understand everything looking in this thread i see some people don't know some answer or don't agree with others anyways i'm sure people who are smart will figure this game out and what it all means, heck maybe it was already figured out and i'm just not looking in the thread enough, either way i still need to kill some peeps go far on the chaos and do mirandas quest, it was enjoyable but i do think the first one was better in some ways. this also made me look into the life os lewis carrol and the liddell sisters and i read alice in wonderland all over again, i was most happy doing it and think if anyone have time they should do too.
TLDR: cool weird game me like waiting for part 3 now :)

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
The one here is not a fan translation. Pretty sure there is not a fan translation that includes dlc 3 at all. The one here does have the old OST though.
I got into an argument recently about the Witch of Thorns entry in the CD and apparently the one in here has a different description

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Was that before or after dlc 3 dropped? Because prior to dlc 3 I think the version here was the fan translation.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Hmm I wonder. I don't get any results for a fan translation that includes dlc 3 though. (download link is dead though lol) might work on a dlc 3 game but not translate the new stuff? I kind of doubt it though since dlc 3 did modify a good number of the older maps. Maybe the other person was arguing based on this fan translation though, or do you know for a fact they got it from dlsite?
What is really making me question his version is
I'm trying to figure out why the carts are stopping me from getting tearing grudge. Also the version they are using seems to have the equip button as more than a E and skills and magic is called Techniques.
which sounds really weird. I just redownloaded the version here (using mega link) and copied a save over and was able to get tearing grudge immediately. Not to mention the text error although that might just be a locale issue.
I am very confident there is no fan translation for dlc 3 and most likely any version of the game you can find that includes dlc 3 is the official version, besides the bgm. I mean, you can download the trial off dlsite and compare some of text to the version here. It's all the same.

Reactions: dd777 and Cepheus-2

Cepheus-2

May 8, 2022
Hmm I wonder. I don't get any results for a fan translation that includes dlc 3 though. (download link is dead though lol) might work on a dlc 3 game but not translate the new stuff? I kind of doubt it though since dlc 3 did modify a good number of the older maps. Maybe the other person was arguing based on this fan translation though, or do you know for a fact they got it from dlsite?
What is really making me question his version is
The one I'm playing does, and I think it's the fan translation?

Btw, is the bit about needing to have Depth 6 in Chaos Dungeon true?

I got unlucky and was still Depth 2 at 100 floors. So painful.

Did you use homeward bonedust? Jubpocalypse triggers on death, bonfire resting (lighting is ok), or bonedust.
Nope, I didn't even light bonfires, but like I said, it cleared up when I continued Griffy's questline (I unlocked Lorina's castle and she appeared there and then I was able to unlock the Mock Turtle's house and Griffy showed up.)

Probably a bug. I've had issues where I can't exit the menu screen too and have to save and quit.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The one I'm playing does, and I think it's the fan translation?

Btw, is the bit about needing to have Depth 6 in Chaos Dungeon true?

I got unlucky and was still Depth 2 at 100 floors. So painful.
What bit? I don't think depth 6 is needed for anything specifically. Depth 9 on the other hand...
Nope, I didn't even light bonfires, but like I said, it cleared up when I continued Griffy's questline (I unlocked Lorina's castle and she appeared there and then I was able to unlock the Mock Turtle's house and Griffy showed up.)

Probably a bug. I've had issues where I can't exit the menu screen too and have to save and quit.
I'm not actually sure what your issue is here. Are you wondering why you didn't find poisoned griffy? or did you find poisoned griffy but then also did her sidequest afterwards?

Reactions: Cepheus-2

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Maybe their version is a weird mix from whatever site? I know i got it from here and then later bought the DLsite version.
However i do see here and there people mention differences in translation. But never asked the direct differences.
The only mention i found here was someone pointing out the difference between fairy tale & alice in wonderland references.
But that was years ago.

I got into an argument recently about the Witch of Thorns entry in the CD and apparently the one in here has a different description
You got my curiosity, if you dont mind elaborating what was the difference the other person pointed out? Compared to the offical one?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
To unlock dlc 3.
You don't need chaos dungeon almost at all for dlc 3. You just need to meet Mabel which you can do by just touching the door near the bonfire.
Also, yes I did find poisoned Griffy, and still managed to do her sidequest afterwards. I think its a glitch.
weird af. I guess one of the later griffy appearances doesn't check for jub jub properly. Although if you did trigger jub jub, griffy's body should be outside the restaurant no doubt (unless you killed/raped her, or she demonized).

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Maybe the other person was arguing based on this fan translation though, or do you know for a fact they got it from dlsite?
I just know they told me I was using the f95 fan translation patch instead of the DLsite one

You got my curiosity, if you dont mind elaborating what was the difference the other person pointed out? Compared to the offical one?
It said "But the god didn't know what to do with her, so she grew even more powerful than Cinderella" instead of
"But the god who doesn't know how to hold back made her into an existence stronger than even Cinderella

The key difference was "grew", the discussion was stupid people claiming Grimm was one of the strongest beings in fiction then Witch of Thorns got brought up to say it could rival Azathoth and eventually grow stronger so Grimm could too

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
It said "But the god didn't know what to do with her, so she grew even more powerful than Cinderella" instead of
"But the god who doesn't know how to hold back made her into an existence stronger than even Cinderella

The key difference was "grew", the discussion was stupid people claiming Grimm was one of the strongest beings in fiction then Witch of Thorns got brought up to say it could rival Azathoth and eventually grow stronger so Grimm could too
Huh. I will definity mark this down and come back to it when i start my new run 100% to refresh my memory for DRH.
Thanks for the context!

Ohhh you had to deal with powerscalers? My condolences...the shounen brainrot certainly spilled over into various corners of the net.
The Azathoth statement is wild regardless. Because we dont even know what kind of version Toro will use nor how much will be BlackSouls original interpretation of it. All we saw was a weird depiction of a brain part & a silly song.

CantoPorAmor

Aug 26, 2022
Hello guys, I wanted to know if there is a penalty for using the "smoking" option since the latter automatically raises your level but it is strange that it raises my level without asking for anything in return. Does anyone know what will happen?
Screenshot_20241004_152459.jpg

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Hello guys, I wanted to know if there is a penalty for using the "smoking" option since the latter automatically raises your level but it is strange that it raises my level without asking for anything in return. Does anyone know what will happen?
View attachment 4099929
She dies if you smoke too much
I just know they told me I was using the f95 fan translation patch instead of the DLsite one

This confirms my suspicion. I found the old fan translation for pre-dlc 3 here. I checked the demon princess of thorns description in that translation and it uses that exact line so yeah. "Grew" is from the old pre-dlc 3 fan translation, while the version here does not use that term.
Furthermore I checked the menu translations and that fan translation uses "spells and magic" instead of "techniques". So that first guy and the guy you were arguing with were/are both using the pre-dlc 3 fan translation for some reason. I hope you feel vindicated lmao.
And just to further cement this is the official translation here, I checked the few common events in the trial version and they are exactly the same as the version here.

Last edited:

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022

This confirms my suspicion. I found the old fan translation for pre-dlc 3 here. I checked the demon princess of thorns description in that translation and it uses that exact line so yeah. "Grew" is from the old pre-dlc 3 fan translation, while the version here does not use that term.
Furthermore I checked the menu translations and that fan translation uses "spells and magic" instead of "techniques". So that first guy and the guy you were arguing with were/are both using the pre-dlc 3 fan translation for some reason. I hope you feel vindicated lmao.
And just to further cement this is the official translation here, I checked the few common events in the trial version and they are exactly the same as the version here.
Well damn

CantoPorAmor

Aug 26, 2022

Damn it
I smoke 4/5 times
She will die?
I am able to start from 0 for it. I liked the character

4.80 star(s) 81 Votes