TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This is really enjoyable, as someone who enjoys my WoD games it's quite fun starting a game and having a decent idea of wtf is going on.

My only ask is if possible when you complete the next parts, can you add a little popup that tells us that we've finished all the story that's been made so far? I may have spent a while trying to progress the story before figuring out it was just the first quest :ROFLMAO:
Thank you, yes, we had planned that, just forgot to get it into the first release. That is one of the things my coder it working on now, along with a new ui. It was in the last demo I had, but it was popping too soon.

BonkTime

Jan 11, 2021
Thank you, yes, we had planned that, just forgot to get it into the first release. That is one of the things my coder it working on now, along with a new ui. It was in the last demo I had, but it was popping too soon.
Awesome, thanks dude. Love the way you are going about being a creator as well. I find many mistake not bowing to the whims of the user with a refusal to communicate, so loving that you even take the time to reply. Thanks dude

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Awesome, thanks dude. Love the way you are going about being a creator as well. I find many mistake not bowing to the whims of the user with a refusal to communicate, so loving that you even take the time to reply. Thanks dude
Things are going kind of crazy right now, but I am always happy to talk about it, here or on Discord.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
May 15th, 2022 Update

As many of you know from my other updates, I have been having some incredibly bad luck with my last set of computer updates, from frying 5 of my hard drives, to my new parts not booting.

The good news is that I managed to get my new computer to boot (2 of my ram sticks also got fried), but the OS keeps locking up since I can't install USB drivers, and it needs an input device. No PS2 port on this MB...

I am also making some more upgrades on the lesser one, so that it is even faster.

I managed to get some adult animations done, and I am getting closer on this scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Finally, some...
sad good news.gif

Okay, so they finally issued the refund for the motherboard, will take 3-4 days, then I can order a new one. Watching the bank for that. Worst case, I should have the main computer up and running again in about 2 weeks, and the backup can go back to doing lesser jobs.
We will see...

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sorry to hear about your 'puter.
Thanks, yeah, it's been a nightmare of an upgrade, one of my worst bits of bad luck, and that says a lot.
I scraped up enough to order another MB, though I haven't gotten the refund yet. The bad news is that the ETA is the 17th. But, the good news is that it is not going to have to cross an ocean.

Reactions: rimarakuiscoming
Mar 17, 2021
Thanks, yeah, it's been a nightmare of an upgrade, one of my worst bits of bad luck, and that says a lot.
I scraped up enough to order another MB, though I haven't gotten the refund yet. The bad news is that the ETA is the 17th. But, the good news is that it is not going to have to cross an ocean.
Did you catch the movie reference? "What? Did your mommy get you a 'puter for Christmas?"

• Haha

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's fair seeing as the movie came out in 1995.
Yeah, it's been a few min since then, and I have been pretty stressed over this whole upgrade mess lately. Trying to get my work done on one pc, has been a challenge.

Dec 1, 2021
When a game gives me the option to write the last name of a muscular manly protagonist, i simply can't control myself, my fingers begin to write away involuntarily the words 'John Rambo'.
I'm sorry developer guy.

• Haha

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
When a game gives me the option to write the last name of a muscular manly protagonist, i simply can't control myself, my fingers begin to write away involuntarily the words 'John Rambo'.
I'm sorry developer guy.
Don't feel bad, I usually end up going with 'Gawd Damnit', it tends to have funny moments, like "Finally, you're here, Gawd Damnit!"

• Haha
Dec 1, 2021
Don't feel bad, I usually end up going with 'Gawd Damnit', it tends to have funny moments, like "Finally, you're here, Gawd Damnit!"
Anyway, unrelated thing to point out but it's kinda strange that this vampire society has no vampire names like the Camarilla the idea behind it is that that's the name other vampires will use to refer to you, so they don't need to remember your new name every time a century passes.
In masquerade novels older vampires always say that they often forgot their human names.
In the interactive novel, Night Road, the name we pick for our protagonist it is said to be his vampire name and even he/she who's just a neonate, has forgotten their human name.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anyway, unrelated thing to point out but it's kinda strange that this vampire society has no vampire names like the Camarilla the idea behind it is that that's the name other vampires will use to refer to you, so they don't need to remember your new name every time a century passes.
In masquerade novels older vampires always say that they often forgot their human names.
In the interactive novel, Night Road, the name we pick for our protagonist it is said to be his vampire name and even he/she who's just a neonate, has forgotten their human name.
They do to some degree, but they are referred to more by their titles, the player is generally referred to as 'Enforcer', since that is his job, and his boss is just called 'The Mistress' by anyone who knows her. They generally change their 'legal' names every decade or three, depending on how old they appear. The name we pick for the MC and his ghoul are their current ones, after a semi-recent change.

Side bit of trivia, your ghoul used to fight under the name "Lefty Lucy".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Dec 1, 2021
They do to some degree, but they are referred to more by their titles, the player is generally referred to as 'Enforcer', since that is his job, and his boss is just called 'The Mistress' by anyone who knows her. They generally change their 'legal' names every decade or three, depending on how old they appear. The name we pick for the MC and his ghoul are their current ones, after a semi-recent change.

Side bit of trivia, your ghoul used to fight under the name "Lefty Lucy".
Other, unrelated thing, this mistress began to count her life in millenia instead of years because of how old she is. however, a millenia is about 1000 years and humanity as we currently know it existed for 100,000 according to science. (Creation mythos also state we are even older than that)

So what type of old is she then? you don't need to state a age but just say if she was young at the time of Gilgamesh or is she was a antediluvian thing.

Either way, it's quite weird John Rambo managed to blood bound her.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Other, unrelated thing, this mistress began to count her life in millenia instead of years because of how old she is. however, a millenia is about 1000 years and humanity as we currently know it existed for 100,000 according to science. (Creation mythos also state we are even older than that)

So what type of old is she then? you don't need to state a age but just say if she was young at the time of Gilgamesh or is she was a antediluvian thing.

Either way, it's quite weird John Rambo managed to blood bound her.
That depends on the mythos, and who is interpreting them. Some people think the universe is only about 6000 years old.

While almost no one knows for sure, and I am thinking about doing an origin flashback near the end if people want to see that, but several thousand or so. She is the oldest vampire that anyone has met personally. lol
I had initially intended to make her much older, but then the lore started to come together, and things had to change a little. The game takes place in 1999, so roughly 3-4000 years.

Reactions: EmperorGus
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes