Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
that room is fixed in next update.
Thanks for the reply. Since now I know that you're actually reading these I can mention some other stuff I found in the latest untested version (saves refused to work at all in the latest tested one for me).

Dying or loading a save makes you lose your items (not sure if this is intended but I hope not since dying to a bad jump over a pit just to lose unique gear I had to go out of my way to get sucks). What's worse is that it also makes you lose key items like artifacts and keys. It also removes progress. After dying or loading I would go back to boss fights or NPCs and it would act like it was my first time.

Sometimes loading or dying even adds equipment. Once or twice it somehow gave me the perversion artifact despite not having it yet.

Maps aren't consistent. I can enter one door, go back out of it, and be in a different room from where I started. Some exits (mostly in the cathedral) will also loop or just take me to different parts of the building.

The unarmed elbow drop attack can be used to clip through ceilings and platforms above you by doing it at the right height while under them. This was pretty useful a few times for speedrunning the cathedral by clipping onto an upper hallway from the hallway below it but obviously not intended. It can also clip you out of bounds like MrMax mentioned. Also sometimes it would keep me in the drop pose even after I land, leave me unable to press any buttons, including escape, requiring a game restart. Even using a trainer to teleport directly to a spot on the floor I was previously standing on still left me in the falling state.

The "exit to menu" button closes the game.

Trying to go back to talk to the water girl will give you a text option to speak with her but clicking it will do nothing and clicking again will close the text box.

After beating the first boss the scroll for the chain curse that she drops will remain on the ground even after you pick it up. Standing over it will just spam the noise it makes.

The maps (particularly the cathedral map) aren't accurate and don't reflect all the paths you have available.

Drop attacks and sliding (sliding in particular) are insanely OP. With a high level and the best gear in the dev room equipped I can do about 30 damage a swing. Naked at level 1 I can do over 50 just from sliding. The short cooldown on sliding doesn't matter much when you can hit entire groups at once and it even has the bonus of hitting downed enemies so you're able to stunlock them.

The execution animations are nice but often do less damage to enemies than if I had just spent that time mashing attack.

I wasn't able to replicate it but once when I was fighting the first boss she dropped a bell that just stayed there on the ground. She was still able to drop more that disappeared normally and I'm not sure if it remained able to hurt you as I didn't touch it.

You may have done this one on purpose to make game progression more easy during this early stage of development but the middle mouse button burst attack is crazy OP. It does around 80% of the first bosses health and will one shot anything else I've come across.

If you try to do a vertical (or any other) jump while on a staircase facing down it your jump height will be cut in half. This doesn't happen if you're facing up the stairs.

While moving up the bell tower there are a couple jumps where you can trigger cherubs on platforms above you if you jump too high. Then they fly off to an unreachable part of the room and spam ranged attacks at you through the floors and walls.

Also this one is subjective but the design of the cathedral and forest are much worse than the design of the prison. The prison had a bunch of concise rooms with a neat level of verticality in them (barring the one that led to the leper which was a slog) while the forest is one long flat line with enemies placed on it and the cathedral (excluding the bell tower and a couple smaller rooms) is 2 long hallways stacked on top of each other. It's honestly not fun walking through those just holding shift to spam dash and nothing else. Maybe add a little pond in the forest paths you can swim down into for some loot to break things up? And focus on those wide open spaces in the cathedral or have you pass through storage and bedrooms as you move through it. Just a suggestion.

Best of luck! I tossed a few bucks your way on patreon and hope others do the same so it's just not that one creepy pregnancy fetish guy in your comments!

Edit: Oh and where do I use the amphitheater key? I'm pretty sure it's where you get to fuck that nun and I would assume you use it somewhere in the cathedral but I combed that entire area many times and found nothing.

Reactions: Retired123

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Okay let me try to respond to these issues in groups.

Dying or loading a save makes you lose your items (not sure if this is intended but I hope not since dying to a bad jump over a pit just to lose unique gear I had to go out of my way to get sucks). What's worse is that it also makes you lose key items like artifacts and keys. It also removes progress. After dying or loading I would go back to boss fights or NPCs and it would act like it was my first time.

Sometimes loading or dying even adds equipment. Once or twice it somehow gave me the perversion artifact despite not having it yet.
The "exit to menu" button closes the game.
Maps aren't consistent. I can enter one door, go back out of it, and be in a different room from where I started. Some exits (mostly in the cathedral) will also loop or just take me to different parts of the building.
Trying to go back to talk to the water girl will give you a text option to speak with her but clicking it will do nothing and clicking again will close the text box.
All Fixed in 0.0.282

The unarmed elbow drop attack can be used to clip through ceilings and platforms above you by doing it at the right height while under them. This was pretty useful a few times for speedrunning the cathedral by clipping onto an upper hallway from the hallway below it but obviously not intended. It can also clip you out of bounds like MrMax mentioned. Also sometimes it would keep me in the drop pose even after I land, leave me unable to press any buttons, including escape, requiring a game restart. Even using a trainer to teleport directly to a spot on the floor I was previously standing on still left me in the falling state.
"Should be" fixed in 0.0.282. I made adjustments to the "updraft" mechanic of the elbow drop in order to prevent too much upward force. I couldn't replicate the frozen animation you mentioned but will keep an eye out for it and fix it once I know why it's happening.

After beating the first boss the scroll for the chain curse that she drops will remain on the ground even after you pick it up. Standing over it will just spam the noise it makes.
This issue will have to be addressed in a future patch.

Drop attacks and sliding (sliding in particular) are insanely OP. With a high level and the best gear in the dev room equipped I can do about 30 damage a swing. Naked at level 1 I can do over 50 just from sliding. The short cooldown on sliding doesn't matter much when you can hit entire groups at once and it even has the bonus of hitting downed enemies so you're able to stunlock them.

The execution animations are nice but often do less damage to enemies than if I had just spent that time mashing attack.
I made some adjustments to damage calculations all across the board. Balancing the combat math will probably take a few more iterations but I think it is getting closer. Try 0.0.282 once it's available and let me know your thoughts.

I wasn't able to replicate it but once when I was fighting the first boss she dropped a bell that just stayed there on the ground. She was still able to drop more that disappeared normally and I'm not sure if it remained able to hurt you as I didn't touch it.
This too will be fixed in a future patch. I simply ran out of free time to debug some of these.

You may have done this one on purpose to make game progression more easy during this early stage of development but the middle mouse button burst attack is crazy OP. It does around 80% of the first bosses health and will one shot anything else I've come across.
Yes it was meant to be a total nuke, just for the sake of making things easier for the moment. I have many more runic powers planned for the future but for now that one is a sort of placeholder.

If you try to do a vertical (or any other) jump while on a staircase facing down it your jump height will be cut in half. This doesn't happen if you're facing up the stairs.
Unity physics engine... it hurts me more often than not. I am going to write my own surface collider for ramps, rather than use the ones provided by Unity. Might be a few updates away but it is definitely on my list.

While moving up the bell tower there are a couple jumps where you can trigger cherubs on platforms above you if you jump too high. Then they fly off to an unreachable part of the room and spam ranged attacks at you through the floors and walls.
My A.I. scripts need more fine-tuning. In this update I made some adjustments but I know of several other places that I need to eventually get cleaned up. This too is on my list.

Also this one is subjective but the design of the cathedral and forest are much worse than the design of the prison. The prison had a bunch of concise rooms with a neat level of verticality in them (barring the one that led to the leper which was a slog) while the forest is one long flat line with enemies placed on it and the cathedral (excluding the bell tower and a couple smaller rooms) is 2 long hallways stacked on top of each other. It's honestly not fun walking through those just holding shift to spam dash and nothing else. Maybe add a little pond in the forest paths you can swim down into for some loot to break things up? And focus on those wide open spaces in the cathedral or have you pass through storage and bedrooms as you move through it. Just a suggestion.
I listened. Cathedral now has some storage rooms and teleport doors to keep things from getting too stale. I also really like your idea for a lake in the forest, and I started shaping that out this evening. It wont be ready until next update but it is going to happen.

The massive emptiness of the cathedral is somewhat intentional. When I truly finish with it, it will be massive, but also packed with rooms, traps, events and gear. I made these hallways long enough to give me room for each new thing as I make them.
The layout of the cathedral is going to change a few more times as I start adding the more important rooms and bosses to it. This also ties back to some of the map inconsistencies, where I will begin adding a new room or character, change the map, then realize that something is fucked up about the addition. I will then remove the character/room/whatever but forget to change the map back. Then several updates later I notice the mystery rooms in the map and will have already forgotten what the hell I was doing in the first place.

Best of luck! I tossed a few bucks your way on patreon and hope others do the same so it's just not that one creepy pregnancy fetish guy in your comments!

Edit: Oh and where do I use the amphitheater key? I'm pretty sure it's where you get to fuck that nun and I would assume you use it somewhere in the cathedral but I combed that entire area many times and found nothing.
I really REALLY appreciate the support! The key is used in the cathedral hall named "Apse". Jump to the second level and make your way all the way to the right. End of the hall you will find the door.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Alright. Been checking out the new build. Got a few things.

For starters the frame rate seems massively improved. Don't know what sorcery you did to pull that off but good work. The scene with Kara in the prison works now too which is awesome.

The layout of Riebe is still kind of broken. I like the new areas but it still teleports you around a bit. Taking the staircase leading to the West bell tower works but trying to head back the way you came takes you to the North East Aisle right by the entrance to the East bell tower.
bells.png

Unfortunately death still removes gear seemingly at random. I died having leather armor, a shield, a blindfold, and a bone equipped with a whip in my inventory. When I respawned I had nothing (except for the horn and chain gauntlets) equipped and a bone in my inventory. While I can understand death making you lose weapons that can be dropped by enemies it seems unfair for it to make me lose unique items I had to go out of my way to get like the shield or armor. It also removes progress including bosses defeated and sex scenes seen.

Loading is still kind of broken. Sometimes you're fine. Sometimes it removes gear just like you had died.

Throwing a pot in the dungeon froze Kovald in place. He's not doing animations and no buttons are working. Can't even exit to the menu. Music in the background and the animation of the health and a chandelier in the back is still working so it's not a game freeze.

Slide attack still seems jank. It's now doing even more damage. Before it did around 55. Now it's doing over 70. Although now it doesn't knock enemies back, just down onto the ground. Throwing is also insane. As far as I can tell there are 2 throw animations. The first one you just pick them up with both hands and throw them back dealing 70-80 damage to them when they land. The second one you pick them up with one hand and throw them onto the ground dealing 70-80 damage. But then they still fly back and it does another 70-80 damage when they land.

The damage of the execution animations don't scale with weapon damage. It's a flat 70-80 no matter what you have equipped.

Opening the book while paused and then closing it again will let you resume playing the game with the pause menu still up.

Sometimes enemy attacks don't have attached animations or the damage is done the exact same time the animation begins. Making the shield pretty much useless. Your own attacks also sometimes don't animate. Especially the mid air ones.

I was able to send the first Brother of the Departed into the shadow realm. I went to slide attack him, he moved up into the air a bit into that dark area but he never came back down, and now he's gone. I can hear him still trying to hit me though so he's either clipped out of one of the walls or he's floating in that dark bit and has become intangible because I can't hit him and he can't hit me korvald1.PNG

Doing a slide attack on knights in the forest after doing a drop attack on them will rocket them into the stratosphere off the screen. If they survive the fall then you can launch them up again with a second slide attack. This also sometimes happens with Templar knights but not every time. It doesn't happen to sisters though.
Edit: After more testing I found out that you don't even need to do drop attacks. Any slide attacks on knights are now shooting them into space. Even in Riebe.
Edit2: I think I figured out what causes it. I realized that I don't shoot knights into space when I start the slide from far away. Turns out that while sliding through an enemy Korvald does a bunch of chip damage. Each bit of damage pushes the knights up a bit. If I slide from far away I only hit them with one or 2 chips and push them up a bit. When sliding close I hit them with each one and for some reason on knights it stacks, seemingly exponentially.

The stair clipping still happens. And now without that platform on the side I can't jump the gap due to the shortened jump height when facing down the stairs.

The "Say everything by saying nothing at all" sex scene doesn't actually play. It just stays on the first animation with no text. You can back out though. It plays fine in the gallery.
I tried following your instructions to find the nuns but the door on the upper far right of Apse leads to the ambulatory encounter with the angel. The door beyond her ends the game and forces me to restart. (luckily I had been copying key saves into a separate folder to avoid them being overwritten)
I later found the nuns in the Iron Abbey but when you try to leave the scene with the nun jacking you off it teleports you to the door in the Apse. Of course going through that takes you right back to the ambulatory.

Here's an imgur gallery with some extra gifs of various glitches including those knight ones.
Overall great update! Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Alright. Been checking out the new build. Got a few things.

...[snip]
Thank you for the detailed account of each issue. Once I get these fixed I will post a summary of the causes, just for the sake of visibility to anyone reading these that is interested. I will get these patched as soon as I can.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Thank you for the detailed account of each issue. Once I get these fixed I will post a summary of the causes, just for the sake of visibility to anyone reading these that is interested. I will get these patched as soon as I can.
Would you like me to PM you with these issues in the future? I don't want to make the game seem in worse shape than it is. I had to go out of my way to find a lot of those.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Would you like me to PM you with these issues in the future? I don't want to make the game seem in worse shape than it is. I had to go out of my way to find a lot of those.
Yeah, either that or you can join my discord for the game. I have a channel for bug reports there.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Doing a slide attack on knights in the forest after doing a drop attack on them will rocket them into the stratosphere off the screen. If they survive the fall then you can launch them up again with a second slide attack.
LOL, after looking at the gifs, I think that if I can't fix it I will just rename the skill to something like the "Viking Punt". Korvald takes leg days at the gym VERY seriously!

larry69

Apr 25, 2019
I wish you would make a MEGA link, atleast for these earlier builds as itch.io download speed is too slow

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
New build available. Most of the issues you reported should now be fixed.

larry69

Apr 25, 2019
How to get past the 2 nuns in the iron abbey?
Also second door scene in the abbey teleported me to the chapel

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
There is a new preview build available for anyone who wants to help me test.

If you are going to help with testing please post findings on my discord:

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Once this new build passes tests, I will be writing up the changelog to detail all the new stuff (there is a lot). Biggest change is the new "Urge" resource mechanic. This replaces the "Beacon of Perversion" requirement to have sex with enemies. Now you have a bar that fills as your health is reduced. Once full, you can grab any female enemy and "corrupt" her into a combat ally. Combat allies have been fully revised into a proper game mechanic as well, you even get to recruit Kara once you rescue her.

There is so much more like mounts, a ton of crafting recipes (for weapons, armor and potions), 4 new bosses, new explorable areas, several new sex scenes (including one which requires that you die and "Try Again"), new weapons including 2 entirely new weapon types (bows and spears), revisions to artifacts (the jug of ??? is now a molotov cocktail), and lastly the new Rune system. It's a lot to cover in detail.

Anyway, if you are testing for me then enjoy, otherwise just stay tuned and I will get the polished release ready very soon!

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes