GilgaEnuma

Aug 14, 2018
Honestly, I think it was a bad idea for the dev to add the NTR bad end, if that is all the NTR they will ever have, as a bad end. Because the game now gets the NTR tag, which will only decrease the amount of attention it gets from the target audience, since some avoid the tag like the plague without ever checking if it is avoidable or not.

And well there is no benefit to having said bad end, because those that do check that tag will instantly leave when they find out it is only a bad end and not a possible route choice. Should have just made it a generic bad end without the NTR if only going to be a bad end and not an optional route (for reasons stated before being, decreases target audience without providing any sort of increase elsewhere).

Like all it has achieved is pissing some fans off (to the point of leaving), and getting le badge of shame (for a romance game) being the ntr tag.

That all being said, should be added to genre that it is avoidable, like so "NTR (Avoidable)", so people know that it isn't forced.

tldnr: why bring all the issues and trouble of having a tag on your game... just for a single bad end.
From changelog:
EXTRA SPECIAL CONTENT:

An NTR Bad Ending Event has been added to the game!

[Completely sponsored by Frezal, one of the game's biggest Patrons!]

The requirements for this bad end are the following

-Sofia/Etna/Lyra/Viviana/Blair to 4 Hearts.

-Ignore Raven's sign to stay away within her story.

(IF YOU'RE WEAK OF HEART DO NOT SEE THIS, NTR IS NOT FOR EVERYONE)

Note "one of the game's biggest Patron". If that's the guy's thing and he supported dev then let it go m8. Event is silly easy to avoid.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
From changelog:
EXTRA SPECIAL CONTENT:

Note "one of the game's biggest Patron". If that's the guy's thing and he supported dev then let it go m8. Event is silly easy to avoid.
I agree very much, he also stated on the 2.0 that he will add warning so people don't fall by mistake there.

As far as I know about the patron, its one of the 4 main guys on the discord, the 4 horseman, when he says biggest Patron he does not mean money, those 4 have been with the dev from the beginning, even since his first game (Passion City) which sadly got corrupted.

The dev never did the game for monetary gains, I don't think he would care of the potential loss if people just see a tag and leave.

Honestly, I think it was a bad idea for the dev to add the NTR bad end, if that is all the NTR they will ever have, as a bad end. Because the game now gets the NTR tag, which will only decrease the amount of attention it gets from the target audience, since some avoid the tag like the plague without ever checking if it is avoidable or not.

And well there is no benefit to having said bad end, because those that do check that tag will instantly leave when they find out it is only a bad end and not a possible route choice. Should have just made it a generic bad end without the NTR if only going to be a bad end and not an optional route (for reasons stated before being, decreases target audience without providing any sort of increase elsewhere).

Like all it has achieved is pissing some fans off (to the point of leaving), and getting le badge of shame (for a romance game) being the ntr tag.

That all being said, should be added to genre that it is avoidable, like so "NTR (Avoidable)", so people know that it isn't forced.

tldnr: why bring all the issues and trouble of having a tag on your game... just for a single bad end.
Don't get me wrong I do agree with you, but if people won't give a chance to do the game, or try to check if the NTR is avoidable or not that's on them at the end of the day.
They limit themselves.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Don't get me wrong I do agree with you, but if people won't give a chance to do the game, or try to check if the NTR is avoidable or not that's on them at the end of the day.
They limit themselves.
To be fair... I had to search and read multiple comments just to find out it was avoidable.... and if you hate NTR like the plague... it just isn't worth that amount of effort.... which is ironic since I hate it like the plague XD for me any dick besides MC is ntr since I don't want it, and i immerse... so I am MC :p but I love certain art so that causes me to check :S

But for the average person who hates it, there isn't really any good reason to check games when the thread is labelled as NTR, unless you know the dev, or really like the art style (which is rare for people to do), or you have played before that tag was relevant.

There is also the fact that there are devs who have done "sike forced unavoidable NTR" so if a game you like suddenly has that tag... well you can see where I am going with this, is easier for some to just move on then go through the possible pain/annoyance at having something you like ruined yet again.

That all being said, I still don't see why they even added that, if they aren't going to actually have an NTR route... like why would you take all the cons, and not a single of the pros (the pros being you get that target audience at the cost of a chunk of your original target audience, and aditional dev work... etc.), like to me seems like they are just needlessly making it harder to reach their target audience for no good reason, besides shock value for a bad end (which you can do without ntr very easily).

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
From changelog:
EXTRA SPECIAL CONTENT:

..... I get they want to please their patrons... but doing so at the cost of target audience is just self-sabotage my dude.

They lose more than they gain, having the tag for just a bad ending. Cause it is a lot of traffic that suddenly goes poof, not to mention you now gonna get pissed of ntr-fans about there being no actual ntr route.

Like I personally think they should have just made a special edition, just for that patron, and not have it in the main version of the game, that way you can please them and still not have only the cons of that tag. I myself would never do that myself though, no matter how much a patron would pay me, since i hate that shit.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Or you could use a tiny bit of common sense and read the changelog where it is and it tells you it's avoidable because you need to do a specific thing to trigger it....
You completely missed the point, if that is all you got out of it lmao. Almost no one checks the changelog for that kind of detail, you check genre and/or dev notes.

Use a tiny bit of common sense as you put it, to think about where one should find these kind of details. And how it would affect the size of the target audience, cause Spoiler Alert it ain't gonna help the game, which is my whole damn point lmao.

What kind of person that hates NTR like the plague is gonna even open a thread with that tag? cause it ain't many, yet they are the kind of person that would enjoy this game and is a decent chunk of the target audience.

Hence my point, that if they gonna add it, it should be because they are adding a route for it, not for a single bad end once off, which I now know was to reward a single patron (which could have easily been done as a once off special edition just for them, to avoid decreasing target audience for main game, and still satisfying the patron).

Last edited:

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
You completely missed the point, if that is all you got out of it lmao. Almost no one checks the changelog for that kind of detail, you check genre and/or dev notes.

Use a tiny bit of common sense as you put it, to think about where one should find these kind of details. And how it would affect the size of the target audience, cause Spoiler Alert it ain't gonna help the game, which is my whole damn point lmao.

What kind of person that hates NTR like the plague is gonna even open a thread with that tag? cause it ain't many, yet they are the kind of person that would enjoy this game and is a decent chunk of the target audience.

Hence my point, that if they gonna add it, it should be because they are adding a route for it, not for a single bad end once off, which I now know was to reward a single patron (which could have easily been done as a once off special edition just for them, to avoid decreasing target audience for main game, and still satisfying the patron).
I mean, if you're following the game I think people should at least read the dev notes for a new update, I know some people do, but others don't. (We've had people on this thread trash talking the puzzles even though its on big letters on the main page, and subsequently on the tutorial on the game.)

The more I think about it, avoidable NTR should be THE tag.
It would just help everyone.

But then there's Waifu Academy, great game but it has unavoidable NTR, tragic.
Still a great game nonetheless, and I still play every iteration.

I'm just glad there's a choice here, I checked the bad ending and boi.
That shit was just fucking sad :cry:

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I mean, if you're following the game I think people should at least read the dev notes for a new update, I know some people do, but others don't. (We've had people on this thread trash talking the puzzles even though its on big letters on the main page, and subsequently on the tutorial on the game.)

The more I think about it, avoidable NTR should be THE tag.
It would just help everyone.

But then there's Waifu Academy, great game but it has unavoidable NTR, tragic.
Still a great game nonetheless, and I still play every iteration.

I'm just glad there's a choice here, I checked the bad ending and boi.
That shit was just fucking sad :cry:
uhhhh what? since when does waifu academy have unavoidable ntr? That game doesn't have any NTR. There is a dude that tries to get in with your girl but you stop him, (hilariously might I add), and you also cuck him (well sorta, the "marriage" is kinda fake). It has netori, but afaik no ntr.

Also... changelog isn't really dev notes, dev notes is its own separate thing on a thread. i.e. people don't check changelog for dev notes... they check dev notes :|

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
uhhhh what? since when does waifu academy have unavoidable ntr? That game doesn't have any NTR. There is a dude that tries to get in with your girl but you stop him, (hilariously might I add), and you also cuck him (well sorta, the "marriage" is kinda fake). It has netori, but afaik no ntr.

Also... changelog isn't really dev notes, dev notes is its own separate thing on a thread. i.e. people don't check changelog for dev notes... they check dev notes :|
????

I keep forgetting the name of the girl(the one who the father is always drunk ex-reporter), but I remember a train sequence that there's no way to avoid that with that girl.
There's no penetration but there IS other things.

That is NTR and that was unavoidable.

Well, the dev doesn't put out dev notes, he puts out the changelog, why not read it :(

EDIT: He kinda does post something similar, but its not a dev notes its a roadmap for the next update.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
????

I keep forgetting the name of the girl(the one who the father is always drunk ex-reporter), but I remember a train sequence that there's no way to avoid that with that girl.

Well, the dev doesn't put out dev notes, he puts out the changelog, why not read it :(

EDIT: He kinda does post something similar, but its not a dev notes its a roadmap for the next update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the changelog thing.... uhh.... spoilers... and sometimes you just want to go in blind and find shit for yourself... unless it is ntr.... fuck ntr :p

Anyway important info like that shouldn't be just in le changelog, should be on the main thrad, which since this one doesn't seem to be controlled by the dev, can be put aside, however the points about the ntr tag on this game in general still stand, just not worth it for the loss of attention/possible revenue (hell they could have lost some patrons over it, some people have a zero tolerance policy which is fair enough).

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

Well I guess I'm a unicorn then since as much as I despise NTR, if there are other tags I DO enjoy, I will do my homework and read the Changelog & Dev Notes along with skimming through the thread posts to evaluate the context of said NTR, if it is avoidable, along with how bad and how prevalent is it. If I feel the NTR content is negligible compared to the content I enjoy and the story premise overall, then I may give it a go and worst case scenario either Fast-forward those scenes or stop playing altogether.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
????

At the risk of going on a side tangent, I played it for the first time recently and that scene has optional NTR. You can allow it to progress all the way or stop it just before it gets out of hand by attempting to rescue her. Granted, you get your ass kicked, but your interruption buys enough time for another character to make her entrance and save the day kicking all their asses.
/rant

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Well I guess I'm a unicorn then since as much as I despise NTR, if there are other tags I DO enjoy, I will do my homework and read the Changelog & Dev Notes along with skimming through the thread posts to evaluate the context of said NTR, if it is avoidable, along with how bad and how prevalent is it. If I feel the NTR content is negligible compared to the content I enjoy and the story premise overall, then I may give it a go and worst case scenario either Fast-forward those scenes or stop playing altogether.
Not saying they losing the whole of their target audience, just a chunk of it (majority or minority? no idea tbh, I just know it is enough to be considered a chunk). I also check to see if it is avoidable if something about it catches my eye.But a lot of people don't as well (which is the whole basis of my point).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not so much a Unicorn as a sane, rational thinking human being like a portion of the community here. Those that are capable of reading something and thinking for themselves if that something would be to their liking or not.

Then you have the "NTR ... REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" group that appear in every .. single .. thread whether it's tagged with NTR or not and complain about it.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Not so much a Unicorn as a sane, rational thinking human being like a portion of the community here. Those that are capable of reading something and thinking for themselves if that something would be to their liking or not.

Then you have the "NTR ... REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" group that appear in every .. single .. thread whether it's tagged with NTR or not and complain about it.
...... this comment, right here, is the definition of ironic.

"reading something and thinking for themselves".... proceeds to read and not think, labeling anything they don't like as "REEEEEEE"

718935295348703244.gif

You would do well to understand the difference between anger, concern and confusion. Cause only the latter two have been expressed by yours truly.

• Angry
Reactions: Parthornax

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
...... this comment, right here, is the definition of ironic.

"reading something and thinking for themselves".... proceeds to read and not think, labeling anything they don't like as "REEEEEEE"

View attachment 1296451

You would do well to understand the difference between anger, concern and confusion. Cause only the latter two have been expressed by yours truly.
Amusing you took it upon yourself to assume I was referring to you, in this case I wasn't. The people i'm referring to would know who they are if they saw it, they are the same people that go around calling me toxic saying I start fights yet it's only them I have a problem with and only them I "star fights" with and that's due to the amount of shit and bullying they do to devs and i'm sick of their bullshit.

There are 4 of them, I won't name names, I can do without another warning.

That being said, allow me to share the wisdom of Ava with thee dear name taken from a legend....

Earlier you claimed you had to search through the thread to find out if the ntr here was optional and along with others faepalmed me saying use common sense. It seems telling people to use their own sense offends them so allow me to help and share mine.

EXTRA SPECIAL CONTENT:

This is in the changelog, something everyone without question should read before asking questions about updates, it's what it's there for and why common sense is all that's needed.

Note the end of that quote...

So to answer whether the ntr event is optional or not does indeed only involve common sense.

See common sense dictates that if you don't want to see the event, don't ignore Raven thus making it avoidable.

It should have taken you 2 minutes of reading something the dev provided not searching an entire thread.

THIS is why I get aggro with people. THIS is why i'm toxic because shit is so simple yet people keep complicating it beyond all reasonable proportions and when I point out that it is indeed the fault of certain people i'm addressing they don't like it.

All the information you needed was already provided, you chose to make it harder for yourself.

Common sense, nothing more.

200 (1).gif

Reactions: ju1zzed

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Amusing you took it upon yourself to assume I was referring to you, in this case I wasn't. The people i'm referring to would know who they are if they saw it, they are the same people that go around calling me toxic saying I start fights yet it's only them I have a problem with and only them I "star fights" with and that's due to the amount of shit and bullying they do to devs and i'm sick of their bullshit.

There are 4 of them, I won't name names, I can do without another warning.

That being said, allow me to share the wisdom of Ava with thee dear name taken from a legend....

Earlier you claimed you had to search through the thread to find out if the ntr here was optional and along with others faepalmed me saying use common sense. It seems telling people to use their own sense offends them so allow me to help and share mine.

This is in the changelog, something everyone without question should read before asking questions about updates, it's what it's there for and why common sense is all that's needed.

Note the end of that quote...

So to answer whether the ntr event is optional or not does indeed only involve common sense.

See common sense dictates that if you don't want to see the event, don't ignore Raven thus making it avoidable.

It should have taken you 2 minutes of reading something the dev provided not searching an entire thread.

THIS is why I get aggro with people. THIS is why i'm toxic because shit is so simple yet people keep complicating it beyond all reasonable proportions and when I point out that it is indeed the fault of certain people i'm addressing they don't like it.

All the information you needed was already provided, you chose to make it harder for yourself.

Common sense, nothing more.

View attachment 1296632
yeah just so happened to be a comment replying to me, on the topic that I brought up... You can try saying otherwise... but come on, that passive agressive directed at me was so obvious.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
yeah just so happened to be a comment replying to me, on the topic that I brought up... You can try saying otherwise... but come on, that passive agressive directed at me was so obvious.
I didn't took it to you actually either, I believe that tone was specifically for the morons that aren't able to even read, yet have the nerve to come talk about it :(
And I really understand the point when you have people calling the game trash because of the puzzles, and some other random stuff they could know all by simply reading the game's 1 minute tutorial.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't need to be passive aggressive hun, you should know by now I have no problems telling people when I have an issue with them.

If I was aiming it at you, i'd tell you I was aiming it at you.

I get nothing by denying it, if I think someone is an idiot then I want them to know I think they are an idiot. I've had issues with a certain group of people on this forum for some time now, you I barely ever interact with.

4.30 star(s) 87 Votes