Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I reassign all the training officers (save 1, I need him for council government type) once the second squad is fully trained.
I'm reluctant to reassign the wardens, because
a) they were expensive to assign
b) the scientists I want to reassign them as are even MORE expensive.
c) I still need female wardens (only once have I gotten a full staff and I had to save-scum to do that).
Once you installed a government, you don't have to fullfill the requirements anymore. Not sure if that tip is in the uploaded version or not.
a) maybe, but at some point you don't need them anymore, at some point you can sell females at the auction if gold is an issue
b) i would never reassign them, since research is the most precious "resource", rather reasign villagers
c) but why? you don't have to get everything you could get. try to fullfill mission targets and do your thing

A less than fully staffed prison or lab don't seem to produce much.
The village doesn't seem to suffer from this effect, it seems pretty linear.
It is one thing (besides training) I can usually cut back on
Village is easy, because without materials you can't do anything. Lab is hard on purpose, since you don't lose research progress and research is powerful. Prison level is important in generel, but for gangbang you need only male wardens, no females needed.

I've never gotten beyond level 1 tools / level 1 fertilizer
I haven't much time to play, but as i tested the research focus, it seemed pretty powerful to me. I found the IQ bonus that good, that i thought about nerfing it.

Will the port let you trade money for food and/or building materials ?
Will the port let you trade building materials for money and/or food ?
Port has influence on many things. Auctions, supplies (supply system comes with next update most likely), food and you can trade. Not sure yet what can be traded, but it will be some time until port gets added.

I've never had more than one drug available. The success rate of trainings other than gangbang seem too low, even with a fully staffed prison. Perhaps your definition of "pretty decent" and my definition differ.
Yeah, i have to balance that somewhat. But a fully stuffed prison isn't good in itself. Depending on what you want to train you have different requirements. Check the "training style+" button above the training options. For further info check the "?".
Humiliation is bugged anyway, i fixed that for next update.
But when you are more advanced, training concubines with pleasure can be relatively easy (focus love). When you have about 15, switch to focus fear. With some luck you get scientists.
I usually put my first few slaves into my HQ, since it has an influence on some training types.
Increase training chance of whores with gangbang by using focus corruption. When you want a slave once in a while, switch to focus fear.

That's the "disciplinarian" achievement, correct ? I've got that, it gives ONE female warden. I'm not sure what 'each area' means. Do you mean in each stage ?. I'll keep better track of how long it takes her to produce something, but it seems to not be much until the prison is fully upgraded.
Yes, each stage. Prison level has an impact and you need a few male wardens aswell.

In generell, it can be a better strategy to just put a little of everything in each building to activate the event chances. Depending on what you need most, switch the whores around. Then focus on what you need to get the game running. For me, it's not always the same, since it depends on what exploring gave you most. You have lots of materials? Skip village. Lots of gold? Skip brothel. And so on. What you always need is prison and at some point food. But i never start with food, because it slows your overall process.
For now watchtower can be ignored, since there is no real use yet (and no events). But it will change when combat is added.
Watchtower however helps catching escapees. When your company on patrol duty is good at scouting (which it should be), then you have chances to "train" a catched prisoner. Outcome is either whore, slave, pet. Nothing i would build upon, but it's a nice side effect, especially with the new fear mechanics (fear will be humility with next update).

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I've managed to get the achievements "Scientist" and "Lab Rat", but not "Highbrow" (difficult to train female scientists with the 'humiliation' option broken. Same with "Master", can't reliably train pets.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Once you installed a government, you don't have to fullfill the requirements anymore. Not sure if that tip is in the uploaded version or not.
So the government requirement is only checked when that government is installed ?
That means a dictatorship doesn't have to worry about the number of soldiers falling too low ?
I would have thought that losing the prerequisites might mean you fall back to anarchy.

EDIT: I see now a change of government survives the end of a stage. Starting a new stage, there's no way you could keep the prerequisites.

b) i would never reassign them [scientists], since research is the most precious "resource", rather reassign villagers
Once a scientist, always a scientist (until that happy day when I've researched everything possible, if that's even doable). I meant reassigning a male warden as a scientist. That's expensive.

EDIT: I see discoveries survive a stage change, so it's a quite valuable thing.

Prison level is important in general, ...
But a fully stuffed prison isn't good in itself. Depending on what you want to train you have different requirements. Check the "training style+" button above the training options. For further info check the "?".
Humiliation is bugged anyway, i fixed that for next update.
But when you are more advanced, training concubines with pleasure can be relatively easy (focus love). When you have about 15, switch to focus fear. With some luck you get scientists.
I usually put my first few slaves into my HQ, since it has an influence on some training types.
I don't recall any hints about what having concubines and/or slaves in your HQ does. I'd been moving the slaves to the glory hole ASAP for income and selling off concubines for the same reason.

For now watchtower can be ignored, since there is no real use yet (and no events).
It's the secondary criteria in the last stage. I've only ever used it to park a random pet at. But I've never gotten all five.

Watchtower however helps catching escapees. When your company on patrol duty is good at scouting (which it should be), then you have chances to "train" a catched prisoner. Outcome is either whore, slave, pet. Nothing i would build upon, but it's a nice side effect, especially with the new fear mechanics (fear will be humility with next update).
I've seen that once or twice, but I tend to keep fear high to prevent escapes. Am I keeping it too high, leading to suicides ?

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
By paying close attention to the math (not what I'm usually looking for in a game) AND having drugs available AND using the training focus, I was finally able to get those two Achievements. The only one of the not in development ones I'm still missing is "Strong Seed". Perhaps next playthough.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I don't recall any hints about what having concubines and/or slaves in your HQ does. I'd been moving the slaves to the glory hole ASAP for income and selling off concubines for the same reason.
Originally, they helped with base fear and loyalty, but that mechanic was useless. All they really do atm is increasing love for pleasure training style.

I've seen that once or twice, but I tend to keep fear high to prevent escapes. Am I keeping it too high, leading to suicides ?
Suicides increase whenever you force a girl to do something against her will. Basically, nearly all the time. But there are differences, but it's in the description of the training styles and the governments.
Fear will be obsolete with next update. What i added just interacted with a lot of other stuff, therefore i have to change a lot. But it's a good thing, since due to that i came a little closer to some other things i want to implement, like combat.
I think 1 or 2 days until next update.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
not what I'm usually looking for in a game
Keep in mind that it's not supposed to be completed within those few missions available.
When i finally can rework existing missions and add new ones, you can do achievements more on the go.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Beta v4 is uploaded.

- Fear is history, it is replaced by humility. Works similiar to loyalty, except that it will decrease every week.
I added "provisions", those give the player an option to deal with humility (apart from training) and some other stuff, like the ability to send companies to gather supplies or recruits/prisoners
- player military rank now works as intended
- rewrote some descriptions that weren't valid anymore
- added/changed some end turn summary's and the associated events
- shortened ToDo list somewhat
- lot's of other small changes

Next steps
- I still have to update the loyalty/humility summary, but that's more complicated than it looks like and i need an idea what info's are useful; therefore it may take a while
- next important thing is the missions (area design) and the objectives/achievements; when those are done, i think the game will actually be more like i wanted it to be; when i do the missions, i also will look into food production
- i also have to rebalance the training; i made one small change though, pleasure training get's a love bonus from the players gold. the more gold you have, the higher the bonus (up to 50 bonus for 100 gold)

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
First Impression: Almost all my female subjects committed suicide before I discovered the prison to be able to build humility.

EDIT: Without female prisoners to work with, my OTHER female subjects are losing humility and there's nothing I can do about it. Just because I'm trying to capture some, doesn't mean I'll get any. Why can't I use existing female subjects ?

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Without female prisoners to work with, my OTHER female subjects are losing humility and there's nothing I can do about it.
You only have other female subjects because of the achievements. If you don't want to lose them, just assign soldiers and adapt reeducation asap. Problem solved.
Apart from that, i haven't done the missions yet.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Does the "death rate" hit that you take from adopting reeducation only affect overcrowed prisoners ? I was concerned that it would exacerbate my first complaint.

EDIT: Got a "hang" on New Day "right after breakfast ...". Can't continue. Using the "back" arrow allowed me to continue.
EDIT2: And now I'm stuck in a "Food" loop. It zoomed up to week 88 before telling me I'd failed the stage.

EDIT3: Started again, happened again on week 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klausus

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Does the "death rate" hit that you take from adopting reeducation only affect overcrowed prisoners ? I was concerned that it would exacerbate my first complaint.
No, it's the suicide rate. I change the description in game to make it more clear.
It the same with the death rate from governments. Those 2 add up.

EDIT: Got a "hang" on New Day "right after breakfast ...". Can't continue. Using the "back" arrow allowed me to continue.
Thanks, found it right away, it was a spelling error.

EDIT2: And now I'm stuck in a "Food" loop. It zoomed up to week 88 before telling me I'd failed the stage.
Food loop? Zoomed up to week 88? Do you have a save?
Iam not sure i understand what happened here. It was during end turn and food always repeated?

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Food loop? Zoomed up to week 88? Do you have a save?
I am not sure i understand what happened here.
It was during end turn and food always repeated?
Yes. The "Food" statement repeated over and over again. But I suspect it was a side-effect of the misspelling you've already found. I'll wait for a patch before attempting to reproduce again.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Yes. The "Food" statement repeated over and over again. But I suspect it was a side-effect of the misspelling you've already found. I'll wait for a patch before attempting to reproduce again.
I asked for thread ownership, iam not sure, but i think it will allow me to update the game myself.
The food loop must be something else, since food is handled earlier. So far i have no clue how to reproduce it.
When i find it, i post a patch here.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I will attempt to reproduce it.

EDIT: If you bump into the "freeze" at "Right after breakfast ..." and use the "back" arrow, then hit <return> to continue, you may get stuck in the Food loop. If you then left-click, the loop will repeat until you break out some weeks later.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I will attempt to reproduce it.
Thank you. Maybe it has something to do with using the back button. Without refreshing afterwards, some weird stuff can happen.
Here is the html file only. That should fix the other bug at least

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
During Green Valley, ended up with [number NaN] whores. Attempting to use the back arrow resulted in the Food loop.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
During Green Valley, ended up with [number NaN] whores. Attempting to use the back arrow resulted in the Food loop.
Do you mean whores or female subjects? Do you remember on which screen (in which menu) you were?
Because i have a hard time finding the bug

EDIT: Maybe you could provide me with a savegame when you encounter it again. I testplayed up to mission 3 three times and never encountered it. That would help me a lot.

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I'll try to remember to save each day, and try to reproduce it.

Edit: I really want a check-box to make "Re-education" auto-renew. I keep forgetting to.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I'll try to remember to save each day, and try to reproduce it.
Thank you. But maybe even a few days earlier would help. You may have a different playstyle and therefore i don't have the "luck" to run into the bug. I really try to do things i usually never do, just to create it.
Because i searched the code many times and have no idea anymore. I don't want to add new stuff before the game runs smooth. I played too many games where developers just added content after content but bugs from day 1 still there.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes