n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
BoTNSave v0.2.0, the GUI version

Here's the GUI version of the traits exporter/editor. Nothing changed in term of functionality, just added a (crude) GUI. No more typing commands, just double-click it in Explorer. Drag-n-Drop don't work though. Read the enclosed readme for additional info.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018

Here's the GUI version of the traits exporter/editor. Nothing changed in term of functionality, just added a (crude) GUI. No more typing commands, just double-click it in Explorer. Drag-n-Drop don't work though. Read the enclosed readme for additional info.
Our Hero !!!!

Praise be upon you.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Learn to read before being a douche, he said I don't need a - read the change log.

What he meant was, he wants an answer that tells him the new things, like I did, and not just

"Read the changelog pal, it's written there"

Not to be a douchebag, but I see this problem more frequently then ever nowadays in every aspect of life, too many people want stuff spoon fed to them when it takes not even a couple of minutes of work/research. I don't know about you but I learned to do things on my own. The only exception is when it's super complicated but if it's something very simple I try to do it on my own first.

Don't understand how it's not basic knowledge that when a game is being made aka in alpha or beta, they ALWAYS make
change logs of what was added and what was fixed, and if you can't find what you're looking for there's always older changelogs.

For games they're just patch notes. People are given the tools yet they act completely helpless it baffles me. I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass.

And even more so this information can generally be found on the 1st page of threads.

Last edited:

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017

N1ck I don't mean to sound like a simpleton, but this is incredibly overtly complicated. I can't even figure out how to get to the 2nd part and actually figure out how to even get the json file. I understand quite a bit of computer lingo and some more advanced things.

This is sounding like some coding language stuff and that for a lot of people can be very very complicated. I may be making it out to be harder then it is, I can get to the part with putting the save file into the first browse, but after that I'm at a loss as to how to get the json file. Is there a previous step before hand I need to do?

If so I'm confused how to get there, some people just need a full guide explained it a lot of details. I don't generally deal with save editor/ coding stuff, so forgive me.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Learn to read before being a douche, he said I don't need a - read the change log.

What he meant was, he wants an answer that tells him the new things, like I did, and not just

"Read the changelog pal, it's written there"
I've already did it, that's why I've written "don't need".
Maybe try listening to people before getting defensive, antagonizing people isn't how you have a discussion.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Maybe try listening to people before getting defensive, antagonizing people isn't how you have a discussion.
Ironic how you started first ;)

Like I said I just tried being nice, and don't get me wrong he wrote "Don't need - read a change log." I understood that as a "Don't tell me to read the change log"

He should have written something like "Don't need - I read the change log" or "Read the changelog" The way he said it was very confusing. And considering English isn't my native language you can get that.

But anyway I hope you know now I wasn't trying to be an ass. But you should be careful what you write too. You say I antagonized him yet the first thing you replied to me was "Did you miss the part where he said he didn't need it? "

I hop you do have a nice day. =)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
N1ck I don't mean to sound like a simpleton, but this is incredibly overtly complicated. I can't even figure out how to get to the 2nd part and actually figure out how to even get the json file. I understand quite a bit of computer lingo and some more advanced things.

This is sounding like some coding language stuff and that for a lot of people can be very very complicated. I may be making it out to be harder then it is, I can get to the part with putting the save file into the first browse, but after that I'm at a loss as to how to get the json file. Is there a previous step before hand I need to do?

If so I'm confused how to get there, some people just need a full guide explained it a lot of details. I don't generally deal with save editor/ coding stuff, so forgive me.
Have you read the accompanying readme.html? If you have, please tell me where did I lost you, so I can improve it.

Basically, to get the JSON file, you have to set a savegame as the "input", then set a filename as the output. The app will detect this ad disable the "import" button, so you can only either press "Export", or "Exit". If nothing goes wrong, you will have the JSON file as indicated in your "output" field.

To import back, just reverse the process, putting the JSON file in the "input", and a savegame in the output. Mind you, the app will reject if the output is the same file used to create the JSON file.

Yeah, currently the program is complicated, needing the JSON intermediary. A full blown GUI is in the plan though, one that doesn't need JSON import/export, but I planned to write that as soon as a full savegame reader/writer is written (which is in the works now) and tested.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Have you read the accompanying readme.html? If you have, please tell me where did I lost you, so I can improve it.

Basically, to get the JSON file, you have to set a savegame as the "input", then set a filename as the output. The app will detect this ad disable the "import" button, so you can only either press "Export", or "Exit". If nothing goes wrong, you will have the JSON file as indicated in your "output" field.

To import back, just reverse the process, putting the JSON file in the "input", and a savegame in the output. Mind you, the app will reject if the output is the same file used to create the JSON file.

Yeah, currently the program is complicated, needing the JSON intermediary. A full blown GUI is in the plan though, one that doesn't need JSON import/export, but I planned to write that as soon as a full savegame reader/writer is written (which is in the works now) and tested.

I understand that part now, 316609

it was that part in particular, (used lightshot for that pic, it's a great program, that my friend showed me) I was thinking I needed an actual json file for that 2nd part, I didn't know I just needed to name the file in the browse part. So it's exactly what I was thinking I made it out to be harder then it was. Thank you n1ck.

My next question is how do you find a particular monster in the long list? I've been trying to get a specific trait through breeding with no dice. Hence why I wanted to just edit it in myself.

Enercell

Apr 22, 2019
What's the trait or form to make a monster human ? Or did I miss something cause most of the traits on the first monster I have are normal and hominal

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Ironic how you started first ;)

Like I said I just tried being nice, and don't get me wrong he wrote "Don't need - read a change log." I understood that as a "Don't tell me to read the change log"

He should have written something like "Don't need - I read the change log" or "Read the changelog" The way he said it was very confusing. And considering English isn't my native language you can get that.

But anyway I hope you know now I wasn't trying to be an ass. But you should be careful what you write too. You say I antagonized him yet the first thing you replied to me was "Did you miss the part where he said he didn't need it? "

I hop you do have a nice day. =)
And I asked for your interpretation, since I didn't have it. You responded by calling me a douche.I was critical of you since you were being critical of him for needing help that he actually didn't. I don't like people trying to make others feel like a burden, especially when they said they didn't need help.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
What's the trait or form to make a monster human ? Or did I miss something cause most of the traits on the first monster I have are normal and hominal
Hominal means they look human, Exotic means they look more animalistic. Normal is the size, size traits go Tiny, Small, Normal, Large, Huge, Massive.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I understand that part now, View attachment 316609

it was that part in particular, (used lightshot for that pic, it's a great program, that my friend showed me) I was thinking I needed an actual json file for that 2nd part, I didn't know I just needed to name the file in the browse part. So it's exactly what I was thinking I made it out to be harder then it was. Thank you n1ck.

My next question is how do you find a particular monster in the long list? I've been trying to get a specific trait through breeding with no dice. Hence why I wanted to just edit it in myself.
Hmm, I see that now. I should've more clear on that.

The monster is listed in the JSON file like it is listed in the "Select Receiver" list in "Setup Breeding Session". Example, my savegame have these monsters listed in the "Select Receiver"

capture_001_04062019_102456.jpg

So in the JSON file, the 1st in the list is the Breeder (always). The 2nd is Chelsie (originally a Foxen: Vulpuss, hacked to be human, see below), the 3rd is Janelle, a Vulwarg:Lykos, and so on.

FYI, you could open the script (*.pyw file) and search for the text 'legal_tags' for a list of trait tags recognized by the app.

For that you have to actually change the race. No traits can change a monster to human. This is currently outside the scope of the program I've posted. It is however in the works for the next (several) updates. The screenshot I've posted is created by editing the savegame directly with a hex editor.

Enercell

Apr 22, 2019
So I could use hex editor then? I've nodded before but I was struggling with the lack of data given up by the json file using a new char I thought it might have been the data_len# copied onto another monster or offset start and stop but now it make sense....would that information still be available in the .sav file or is that a game file mod/skin?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
So I could use hex editor then? I've nodded before but I was struggling with the lack of data given up by the json file using a new char I thought it might have been the data_len# copied onto another monster or offset start and stop but now it make sense....would that information still be available in the .sav file or is that a game file mod/skin?
There are tons of data in the .sav file which the current program ignored. The offsets (start, end, length) are actually the offsets of the traits structures inside the .sav. This structure is part of a bigger structure, CharacterData, which in turn part of an array.

The race data is inside another structure, RaceTag, which isn't covered by the program yet.

I changed the race of a monster ie Race.xxx.vulpiss to Race.Human but I just get fatal error
Take care that inside CharacterData, there are at least 3 RaceTag structure. Only one of them is the actual monster's race, others are the race of the parents. Accidentally change the parent's race, without taking care of the corresponding GUID structure can lead to unexpected result.

I'm attaching my notes on UE4 GVAS format. It should be universal to any UE4 games. It may be of some help if you're delving into hex editing the .sav files. The BoTN specific structures are still in the works.

The general structure of BoTN savegame is:
  1. Player wealth (orgasium)
  2. an array of fluid storage for each race (semen, milk)
  3. an array of monster data
  4. world data
The bulk of data is in #3, with around 32kb binary data for each monsters.

Enercell

Apr 22, 2019
For all those that want to know. The string that needs to be copied in hex edit starts at offset 00001290 column 04 and ends 000012A0 column 05
The next monster is at 000079A0 after that Its a crap shoot *side note it changed for w/e the original breeder(player) and the hacked monster cant breed each other but can breed or be bred by other monsters ....if you try to breed them together all it does is level each other up.

Also you cant hack and of the NPCs onto actual monsters like the human hack if you do the game freezes when you highlight load game option at opening screen......

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
And I asked for your interpretation, since I didn't have it. You responded by calling me a douche.I was critical of you since you were being critical of him for needing help that he actually didn't. I don't like people trying to make others feel like a burden, especially when they said they didn't need help.
OH MY GOD, if you are an adult you really are childish. I already said I misunderstood what he said, and I have never been critical about him. I even apologized when I said "But anyway I hope you know now I wasn't trying to be an ass."

And you did not ask for my interpretation perhaps you are talking about the wrong person, listen buddy, maybe you are just trolling I don't know, I'm here to help people and have fun. Perhaps the way I said things to him weren't that great, like I said not my native Language, I'm from Belgium. So I do apologize again for whatever problem this may have caused.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes