Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Styl1sh Have you encountered a save that when loaded and you enter the breeding pit.. the Nephs names are all NULL. I'm sure I did something wrong but I'm not sure what it was. I was using the HxD editor.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Now that I think about it, could you make NPCs chase each other, not only player?
That would be nice. It'd be interesting to see some degree of interaction between the wild nephelym take place, instead of them reacting exclusively to the player. I mean, it would accomplish literally nothing as far as gameplay goes, it would be more eyecandy than anything else, but still...

Reactions: NitroSM and Pixune

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Never had that happen to me. You messed something up big time!
For real LOL happened twice.. I believe.. the breeder can only take certain traits. I tried some and it was fine.. I added more and then that happened xD

[IV]_Nomat

May 3, 2019

Release Notes: 0.732 Alpha
  • Fixed severe frame drops caused by fur.
  • Worked around other engine frame drops.
  • Added new ranch menu, it's accessed from the house.
  • New experimental basic physics for roamers, while they walk around.
  • Now including the runtime DLLs, should no longer require installing runtimes.
  • Fixed issues from the last build.
Understand, fixing that fur hitch was no joke. It took days of writing and rewriting complex code to figure out the right way of generating vertex buffers the way modern engine versions expect. There are still a few engine lag spikes introduced in the latest version that are out of my control. Likely they will be fixed in the next version.
That being said, much optimization remains on my end. Memory usage is high, and the FPS could be better.
Special Thanks to Translators
  • taVee (Thai)
  • frost90909090 (Portuguese)
  • meguimo35 (Portuguese)
  • FuzileiroGamer (Portuguese)
  • Stringfish (Japanese)
  • SATO Yoshinori (Japanese)
  • pubro (Russian)
  • Erizer (Russian)
  • BigDuck90 (Russian)
  • Foxyz (Russian)
  • bloodraven9 (Russian)
  • Nothany-Hishyasun (French)
  • Zlobor45(Slovak)

Sep 10, 2018

Release Notes: 0.732 Alpha
  • Fixed severe frame drops caused by fur.
  • Worked around other engine frame drops.
  • Added new ranch menu, it's accessed from the house.
  • New experimental basic physics for roamers, while they walk around.
  • Now including the runtime DLLs, should no longer require installing runtimes.
  • Fixed issues from the last build.
Understand, fixing that fur hitch was no joke. It took days of writing and rewriting complex code to figure out the right way of generating vertex buffers the way modern engine versions expect. There are still a few engine lag spikes introduced in the latest version that are out of my control. Likely they will be fixed in the next version.
That being said, much optimization remains on my end. Memory usage is high, and the FPS could be better.
Special Thanks to Translators
  • taVee (Thai)
  • frost90909090 (Portuguese)
  • meguimo35 (Portuguese)
  • FuzileiroGamer (Portuguese)
  • Stringfish (Japanese)
  • SATO Yoshinori (Japanese)
  • pubro (Russian)
  • Erizer (Russian)
  • BigDuck90 (Russian)
  • Foxyz (Russian)
  • bloodraven9 (Russian)
  • Nothany-Hishyasun (French)
  • Zlobor45(Slovak)
It's nice to see some portuguese translations being done, hope it is in BR

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Only consistent issue is the RAM hike.
Styl1sh Something I wanted to bring up since you know more about the hex editing. I have Hybrid Neph with 18 total traits but in the Hex it only shows 12 (the number corresponding to how many traits) I used the reference photos you posted WAY back in the thread. Your advice was to change that number when you add a trait.. How do I move forward? Are there certain traits that get counted while others don't?

Edit: I originally thought the Appearance Traits would be ones to not count towards that number but I'm not sure it is true or there is just something missing. My Neph has 18 traits but the Hex is only stating 12. I have 5 Appearance traits which is just 1 shy from 6 which would have supported my train of thought but.. it fell short of 1 :D

Last edited:

Daliass

May 14, 2017
sorry to ask but if someone has a link for the new update, i'dd like to test if my computer is still dying every 2 seconds after the changes the dev made in it. Hopefully it will not, seeing that i've still played that game a lot even with the lag, i feel it has so much potential.

Styl1sh

Feb 15, 2018
Only consistent issue is the RAM hike.
Styl1sh Something I wanted to bring up since you know more about the hex editing. I have Hybrid Neph with 18 total traits but in the Hex it only shows 12 (the number corresponding to how many traits) I used the reference photos you posted WAY back in the thread. Your advice was to change that number when you add a trait.. How do I move forward? Are there certain traits that get counted while others don't?

Edit: I originally thought the Appearance Traits would be ones to not count towards that number but I'm not sure it is true or there is just something missing. My Neph has 18 traits but the Hex is only stating 12. I have 5 Appearance traits which is just 1 shy from 6 which would have supported my train of thought but.. it fell short of 1 :D
HxD is correct though - the number is hexadecimal. 12 in hex is 1 * 16 + 2 * 1 in decimal, giving you 18.

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Styl1sh You have anything that could teach me how to read that then? Because I can't make sense of that. When you have other Neph's with only say 2 or 3 Traits and the Hex states 2 or 3..
NVM.. Did a Google Search and found a website that explains it.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes