NoManF

Jan 21, 2020
What orders can you open the gates to avoid getting soft locked?
I do: complete first quest -> open dragon cockgate -> open cow area -> bee area -> cove rapture (then is supposed to be easy to open the other ones)
[also don't make the magaslime sad, you don't need that key at the beginning]

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
you can do this: Kybele's quest > open Bovar area > get monarch quest (and dryad since you're in the area) > open Bee gate and get dryad's bee for quest > open cove area > go meet kraken > sex kraken > go get pearl > use pearl to get orb from mega slime so you can enjoy mega slime any time. after that open at will, you will not be blocked by anything at this point.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Yup, you can't. Happy Megaslime is the only missable.
See spoiler my post there https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders...51-1-alpha-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-5006150

IMO the beach part is pretty bad. The left-hand route (-> orcs) is very easy to overlook, and the clam is too stupidly hidden to find her without a hint.
DH definitely needs help/recruitment or he won't be getting anywhere...if there's still any doubt left about this. Oh well, that's a problem for his patreons to deal with <shrug>

Reactions: formasual and Freki

Y2k94

Jan 16, 2019
Then get it?
I mean it aint hard.. First google result that popped up searching for that was:

... Theres a limit to how helpless one can be.
funny thing is, it says i already have it and therefore cant install

DB-Super085

Apr 9, 2019
Error
The following component(s) are required to run this program:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
I’ve downloaded and installed all different files for that and still get that message.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
It looks like if you have sex with the slime twice, and then go get the pearl, she never wakes up to trade you for the pearl, so you are forced to steal it and make her sad, even though the pearl is in your inventory. Very poor UX.

DB-Super085

Apr 9, 2019
Error
The following component(s) are required to run this program:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
I’ve downloaded and installed all different files for that and still get that message.
Never mind. Finally got it to work. I found an all-in-one download and that one worked. :)

Reactions: Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
It looks like if you have sex with the slime twice, and then go get the pearl, she never wakes up to trade you for the pearl, so you are forced to steal it and make her sad, even though the pearl is in your inventory. Very poor UX.
Then you should not have sex with the slime till after the trade or only once till you get the pearl. Why is it poor UX when you did not think of the other two possibilities the dev wrote into the game?

• Angry
Reactions: Cryswar

NoManF

Jan 21, 2020
did you sleep?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Then you should not have sex with the slime till after the trade or only once till you get the pearl. Why is it poor UX when you did not think of the other two possibilities the dev wrote into the game?
The pearl does not appear until after the slime goes to sleep, and the slime does not go to sleep until after you've had sex with her twice. So the other two possibilities are not actually possible.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The pearl does not appear until after the slime goes to sleep, and the slime does not go to sleep until after you've had sex with her twice. So the other two possibilities are not actually possible.
Actually, I just looked into it because apparently my assumption that Derelict would do something sensible like tying the pearl into the relevant bit of progression was wrong. Instead, this is 90s style "use a guide or fuck around and find out for yourself" world progression. The pearl is unlocked by fucking Mirru, the kraken in the cove of rapture. There is literally no ingame indicator for it, nobody in this thread seems to have pointed that out until this page, and while it exists on the wiki now, it got added three months after becoming relevant. (July content versus October edit)

So yeah, for those who want a happy mega slime:
  1. Unlock the cove of rapture without fucking the mega slime.
  2. Fuck mirru, the kraken on shore.
  3. Swim offshore and dive for the pearl. It's at a roughly 3 o'clock direction from the end of the docks.
  4. Go to the mega slime and offer to trade the pearl for the keystone.
This is the level of "literally no clue was given" that I expect modern games to have for rare, literally useless easter eggs rather than something like a primary yes/no choice in general progression.

Last edited:
Reactions: opodin and Cryswar

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
The Slime girl should wake up at some point. I did the same things, sexed her until she fell asleep, got the pearl and when I came back she was still asleep. I went and did other things for a few days and came back to find her awake again.

I have no idea what the trigger is to get her to wake up, but you should be able to talk to her again, at some point, and give her the pearl.

Reactions: Rebel Ry

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
where is the incest content?
There are no NPC's that come out and say 'Hi, I'm your mom/dad/son/daughter'. You only encounter them on the farm, in the breeding pen.
First, use your breeder with one of your captured Nephlym until one of the 2 are pregnant.

Next is that, when that kid is born, you can have sex with them. Doesn't matter if you were the mother or father, you should get a message about this not turning out well when you sex up your kids at the farm. Any resulting kids from that, can get the abomination trait or the sterile trait, if one of you have the debauched trait there is a chance the kid will be normal.

Finally, congratulate yourself on encountering the incest 'content' of the game.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So yeah, actually. The megaslime portion of the progression is objectively bad UX. Points against it, from a UX perspective:
  • There is literally no indication in-game that the pearl exists until you find it.
  • The pearl being accessible is locked behind an arbitrary event unrelated to the relevant progression. (Fucking the kraken, specifically)
  • The only way to find out in-game that the pearl is relevant to the megaslime is to talk to her before taking her keystone, but after having managed to find the pearl. Literally just happenstance via opening up the relevant dialogue option.
  • There is literally no indication in the game that taking the keystone from the slime will result in her never, ever talking to you again. (Don't give me BS about the messages on how she has it as a friend and really likes it - those come explicitly with the context that she was lonely, which have the implication that she'd be willing to talk to you even without the pearl or keystone because, again, lonely.)
  • There is no way to undo the decision once you've made it, forcing you to discard a save with (assuming you didn't cheat), literal hours of work because you made a 100% blind choice.
This kind of progression is thirty years out of date. This is the kind of progression Nintendo used to sell NES games in the late 80s and early 90s, where being able to beat an arbitrarily difficult game gave you schoolyard bragging rights because the internet didn't exist in a way where it was relevant to spoiling this info.

And you know what it takes to fix this? Aside from the obvious "actually tell and show the player things" bit, all it takes is literally just adding the option to offer the pearl to the sad and sobbing megaslime after she wakes up. At that point it's still bad UX, but at least it's bad user experience that's in line with the rest of the game's progression instead of significantly worse.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes