STet

Apr 17, 2020
The change in exe name is a starting as of this version and will be that name moving forward.
I read the description of this build as soon as it came out. I don't care what DH was guided by when changing the name of folders and files. The ability to launch the game on Steam was important to me, and in the end I succeeded.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Oh ffs, they actually removed the male characters?! God, I'm all for content for everyone, but I'm seriously getting sick of futa content replacing male roles in games these days. Futas are an addition to, not a replacement for an actual male. Fuck that shit... I'm glad I didn't download this game again only to find out the one thing I liked about it was gone. :rolleyes:
But thanks for letting me know - you saved me some hassle.
Slightly more complicated than that. It used to be that every type of character was running a different model and skeleton, which made sex animations a nightmare to create. So he yanked all that out and replaced it with a standard body and skeleton, and, to avoid the same problem in the future, appears to have pretty much dropped nonstandard body types (naga/taur/amorphous blob etc.) with the exception of blessed nephelym.

I've done the math in this thread before on why that particular decision checks out. Short version is that every body type he adds exponentially adds to the number of animations he has to create for any given sex position.

Now that's why they were removed. Why some males haven't come back and others just never got implemented is an entirely different matter, and that's been explained above. I seem to recall a statement from derelict about not implementing any new males unless they brought something unique to the table.

Reactions: Releasethebungus5

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
This fk is this
Game Internal Name Change Info

OBF is the new internal name. (0.753.7 and later)
RADIANT was the old one (prior to 0.753.7)

CURRENT NAMETYPEOLD NAMEFUNCTION
OBF.exeExecutableRadiant.exeGame Launcher
OBFFolderRadiantGame Assets and Code
OBF-Win64-Shipping.exeExecutableRadiant-Win64-Shipping.exeMain Executable
%LOCALAPPDATA%\OBFFolder%LOCALAPPDATA%\RadiantSave/Configuration Folder

The following files have the internal code name in them (and thus can't just be copied, at least without modification).

Engine.ini
Game.ini
GameUserSettings.ini

Save files do reference the internal name but they are compatible if copied/moved to the new location.

Notes

Steam, right now, is not removing RADIANT because if the user is still on the public build it would break the game (literally), once the OBF switch is public things will get less messy (I chatted with DH on this issue).

If you have both, in theory if run RADIANT you will run the latest public build, if you run OBF it will run the newest test build. I would not recommend renaming one to the other as it will then load assets from a different version. (If you insist on this route, you'd need to rename the folder and the Radiant-Win64-Shipping.exe to match - I haven't tested such a procedure and don't recommend it.)

Last edited:

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
game looks huge and amazing, until you find out it has a lot of repetitive content. if the dev would just let go of this so called "story building" that isn't really there anyway, and start adding more positions that would be a good direction to go in. also voice/moans and some of the more aggresive stuff that other game has, would help a lot. what was the name.. wild life I think.

Nghtly

Sep 9, 2019
Oh ffs, they actually removed the male characters?! God, I'm all for content for everyone, but I'm seriously getting sick of futa content replacing male roles in games these days. Futas are an addition to, not a replacement for an actual male. Fuck that shit... I'm glad I didn't download this game again only to find out the one thing I liked about it was gone. :rolleyes:
Big same brother, Male on Female is where (surprisingly) my degeneracy ends, futa just doesn't get it done for me, the power dynamic is just completely lost which for me is where the essence of my boner lies.

On the bright side though, BotN is a damn beacon to other developers out there that breeding games are still a very, very viable and lucrative pursuit. In addition to this, the foundation of an excellent hentai title is sewn into the core gameplay loop - breeding. You almost cannot lose with breeding titles, the genre alone will gain substantial interest - shit even Kotaku covered Breeding Season all those moons ago.

With that said, DH is a fucking monster for creating BotN, one man band creating a game like this? God tier, full stop, and we can only hope and pray that more individuals of his caliber role through and roll the dice with an H title. Hopefully with a bit more M on F in the future :p

Reactions: Vagician and Zedire

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
As others said, its about the NPCs. You still will have a male player character (that has to do at least one [scene skipable] futa to proceed in quests!). It just becomes stupid when you create a female player character since its only futas and furrys(scalys?) for her. Or when you turn off futa and cant do some inner race breeding at all (like elves, harpies, beegirls, catgirls, bunnygirls or sharkgirls last time I checked).

A poster above said a male Titan is underway though. Since their only monstrous feature is their size I'm curious how that will turn out...

PS: (pure assumption on my part) Its not like the dev hates straight m/f sex. On the contrary; he prefers that. If I recall correctly he has even be quoted a few pages back to not even like adding dicks to females because he prefers the (quote) pure female form. He just loathes creating male characters up to the point that hes in complete denial about the handicap it is with the type of game he develops.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019
Does the dev ever read the forums here? cause if so, it would be nice if we could change the size of the spirit form and got a few more varied species like snakes, spiders, etc. after all there are already blessed Nephilim of those species

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Does the dev ever read the forums here? cause if so, it would be nice if we could change the size of the spirit form and got a few more varied species like snakes, spiders, etc. after all there are already blessed Nephilim of those species
We're unlikely to see that, because every new body type exponentially adds to the workload. Currently with a single-size player, that means blessed nephelym scenes only require a couple of animations, maximum. That number of animations will need to be done for every size the player can be. So to use Kybele as an example, she has two player animations (one for giving and one for receiving.) If the player has variable sizes corresponding to the wild nephelym, that jumps up to twelve animations, six each for giving and receiving. Doable, but not ideal and understandable to avoid.

On the other hand, adding custom body types creates an exponential workload. Every combination needs its own unique animation. Right now we have one body type with six sizes and eight animations, meaning that to fill out all combinations as Derelict has claimed he wants to do, we have 1 * 6 * 6 * 8 = 288 hand-tooled animations. For one body type and eight sex positions. If we add in a new body type like snakes, that means we have to account for the snakes having sex with each other, the bipeds having sex with each other, bipeds receiving from snakes, and snakes receiving from bipeds. That changes it to 4 * 6 * 6 * 8, or 1,152 handmade animations. Then we add spiders, which means we need to account for spider/spider, snake/snake, biped/biped, spider/snake, snake/spider, spider/biped, biped/spider, snake/biped, and biped/snake. The numbers are now 9 * 6 * 6 * 8, or 2,592 animations made by hand. For eight sex positions.

For good measure, let's add centaurs and slimes in. That makes for centaur/centaur, slime/slime, spider/spider, snake/snake, biped/biped, centaur/slime, slime/centaur, centaur/spider, spider/centaur, centaur/snake, snake/centaur, centaur/biped, biped/centaur, slime/spider, spider/slime, slime/snake, snake/slime, slime/biped, biped/slime, spider/snake, snake/spider, spider/biped, biped/spider, snake/biped, and biped/snake combinations that need to be handled. The math is now 25 * 6 * 6 * 8, for a grand total of 7,200 handmade animations. For eight sex positions.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
game looks huge and amazing, until you find out it has a lot of repetitive content. if the dev would just let go of this so called "story building" that isn't really there anyway, and start adding more positions that would be a good direction to go in. also voice/moans and some of the more aggresive stuff that other game has, would help a lot. what was the name.. wild life I think.
He was focussing on adding new races and positions until a whole lot of people were whining here on F95zone, on his Discord and on Patreon that they wanted some kind of story, progression in the game. They didn't want all positions and races available from the start. He eventually caved to the demand and started implemented the store NPC that learns sex positions and added the progression gates.

Now you see people whine the other way around, saying he shouldn't add progression and just focus on sex positions. So tiresome... ffs there's no pleasing people. I'm amazed he kept this going so far, getting yelled at/hearing whining from all sides.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Now that's why they were removed. Why some males haven't come back and others just never got implemented is an entirely different matter, and that's been explained above. I seem to recall a statement from derelict about not implementing any new males unless they brought something unique to the table.
So what is it that futas bring to the table that males and females don't already? This is my point where I said futas are in addition to, but not a replacement of males; males bring something unique to the game in that they aren't females -- or females with dicks -- and have their own aesthetic.
And in a game revolving around reproduction, not adequately representing one half of that reproduction is just weird.

I can't be the only one who feels genuine male characters cannot be replaced in games.

There are still male characters. Starfallen, Foxen, Dragon, Demon, and Bovaur males are all still there. And I believe plans to re-add Titan male as well.
That's fair enough, but there's been no innovations with new males since - they were the same guys that were available ages ago, apparently before the dev decided he wasn't into making males (if that's true).

As others said, its about the NPCs. You still will have a male player character (that has to do at least one [scene skipable] futa to proceed in quests!). It just becomes stupid when you create a female player character since its only futas and furrys(scalys?) for her. Or when you turn off futa and cant do some inner race breeding at all (like elves, harpies, beegirls, catgirls, bunnygirls or sharkgirls last time I checked).
Which is exactly my problem, because I only play as a female breeder. If you play as a male breeder you have a smorgasbord of choice, but from my perspective and taste, I don't enjoy going after female -- or female-like -- characters.

I mean, if the only problem was the female breeder's lack of hetero choices I could still argue away[what I consider to be a downside for my personal preference] for the sake of the game's main point of breeding 'NPCs', but as you pointed out, unless you like futas and have that optional feature turned on, the breeding itself is compromised.

You have to argue something is a bit wrong with a game if an optional feature (that is purely a matter of player taste) gets in the way of the entire purpose of the game. Futa should have been 'in addition to', rather then the rule.

PS: (pure assumption on my part) Its not like the dev hates straight m/f sex. On the contrary; he prefers that. If I recall correctly he has even be quoted a few pages back to not even like adding dicks to females because he prefers the (quote) pure female form. He just loathes creating male characters up to the point that hes in complete denial about the handicap it is with the type of game he develops.
The heck would make someone loathe creating a male character when it's half the formula of the whole point of the game. That's stupid af. If he'd started out only creating futas and females and been transparent that's all it would ever be, at least we'd have known what to expect.

Look, I can appreciate that the guy is doing it all alone - I'll give him props for that, and the fact that it's of pretty decent quality (if it wasn't I'd care a whole lot less) - but you'd think if he had such a hangup surely he could get someone else to create the male characters to his specifications. I'm no expert on the costs involved in game design, but with nearly 7,000 supporters on Patreon, and more then 650 subscribers on SubscribeStar, surely he'd be able to afford hiring someone to work on the one aspect of his game that he doesn't want to do, but which is an essential element in a breeding game.

Also, he loathes creating male characters, and he's said he prefers the pure female form, and yet despite that he's happy to settle for putting a dick on a female to save himself the hassle. Talk about lack of conviction. But hey, in the end he's still making a lot of money off of this, so perhaps in his mind that's enough to take a leaf out of Todd Howard's book and say, 'It just works'.

But anyway... :rolleyes:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
He was focussing on adding new races and positions until a whole lot of people were whining here on F95zone, on his Discord and on Patreon that they wanted some kind of story, progression in the game. They didn't want all positions and races available from the start. He eventually caved to the demand and started implemented the store NPC that learns sex positions and added the progression gates.

Now you see people whine the other way around, saying he shouldn't add progression and just focus on sex positions. So tiresome... ffs there's no pleasing people. I'm amazed he kept this going so far, getting yelled at/hearing whining from all sides.
As harsh as it sounds, the fact that the Dev of this game caved to demand is nobody's fault but his own. You can't blame nor control people's opinions and desires and whatnot - that's gonna happen no matter how good or bad your game is. You can control what value you put on those opinions (especially as it applies to what you want as the dev), what you choose to follow, have guidelines in place that let them know their position from the start, and accept you're never going to please everyone (that's just life).

If you're going to create a game using the platform of Patreon, you've gotta be aware of what you're heading into from the start.

You've either gotta have a solid plan and outline for your game, which includes being clear about what the game is gonna be about and include, and exactly how much say Patrons will actually have in affecting the game - and stick to it no matter what comes or how much some people may complain. Money will be finite but the product will probably be one you can feel happy with in the end. This will also probably end up being the product that more people will be happy with because it will actually have direction.

Or you go in with a baseline concept/demo and the skeleton of a story that appeals, and have every intention to let Patron's dictate much of the game's content outside of the plans you've made to drive it forward, accepting full well that the game will probably drift aimlessly and well away from your original idea as you struggle to cater toward their whims. It may never get finished, or it may end in a way that won't satisfy very many people (including yourself), but at least it will satisfy your bank account as long as you continue to dance to those Patron's whims.

And people who complain on forums like this aren't really who those devs have to worry about, nor are they in many cases. It's the ones that pay for you to listen to their complaints that are, which is why if you're not clear from the start on just how much influence their money is buying them when they join, and stick to that, then you have nobody but yourself to blame.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So what is it that futas bring to the table that males and females don't already? This is my point where I said futas are in addition to, but not a replacement of males; males bring something unique to the game in that they aren't females -- or females with dicks -- and have their own aesthetic.
And in a game revolving around reproduction, not adequately representing one half of that reproduction is just weird.

I can't be the only one who feels genuine male characters cannot be replaced in games.
Hell if I know. I was just passing on some of what Derelict has said in the past on the subject. Considering how much of a fuss he kicks up against anal as well as males, I'm mildly surprised the game isn't locked to a male player and female nephelym in missionary position to make literal tons of children.

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021

some people don't know what they want, question is why not do both, he can work on the hardly any story he's got there. while also adding positions from time to time. every update should have one new animation let's say.

I'm just throwing ideas here ye? just sounds logical to me, you should never focus on a single content unless it's something huge that will make the game a lot better.

keith111100

Jun 10, 2017
what this "incest patch" do? enable's incest between who & who?
For example, You have Breeder or Nephelym A to breed with B then they have offspring, you could make that Nephelym A or B can have sex with its offspring, and they can also get another offspring, which usually have negative trait as a result of incest.

Without the patch, Nephelym A or B cannot have sex with its offspring, instead they get message that prevent them to do it.

Reactions: 9inchz

Antiforma1

Apr 21, 2019
For example, You have Breeder or Nephelym A to breed with B then they have offspring, you could make that Nephelym A or B can have sex with its offspring, and they can also get another offspring, which usually have negative trait as a result of incest.

Without the patch, Nephelym A or B cannot have sex with its offspring, instead they get message that prevent them to do it.
the Debauched trait works in that aspect ingnoring the negative impact of inbreeding thats what its says i think.

Reactions: keith111100
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes