formasual

Jan 17, 2019
That's not the offspring. That's the newly pregnant neph.
The On-screen text should read "Congratulations! insert neph name here is pregnant!"
I'm not properly explaining it, this is all just happening after the OBF move. I've been playing this game since about the time I made an account here, going on 3 years. So, I'm familiar.
The issue is that when the offspring birth is triggered its not actually creating a new offspring. Maybe because it can't, instead it picks one of the parents to sit in the spot and look like a new creation with cum splatters.
I can't do anything but "Accept" after this happens. Literally I have to press "Accept" to move on. If this was a new offspring there would be the choice to set it free or even rename it. When I go back to the barn there should be one there named "some neph's offspring" since I certainly cannot rename it. But there isn't one there.

If everyone made the OBF move and hasn't had any issues breeding then its just me. I'll just have to troubleshoot some more later.

Thanks for your reply tho =)

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
That's not the offspring. That's the newly pregnant neph.
The On-screen text should read "Congratulations! insert neph name here is pregnant!"
Oh my, I just noticed what you were saying. After a change like that I guess I should have checked all settings. I went to check and sure enough "Pregnancy" was activated. I haven't had that setting on in forever. Didn't realize I should have checked that. Makes sense with the move I guess. But weird that no other settings were changed or overwritten.

Thanks again for your reply =)

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️

zoe.castillo

May 17, 2020
Hi guys. I've installed the new version 753.7a and I've moved the save from radiant folder to OBF, but my saves don't work anymore. I can see the slot in "load game", but when I select one of these it says me that the slot is no longer compatible. My previous version was 753.2a. How should I solve this?

Last edited:

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Ironically, I hate PlayStation also. Now I know why.
But you are correct. My hatred for Crapple is the companies business policies more than anything. And they are far, far, far worse than anything Microsoft has done as of now.
Macintosh is based on BSD. As is the PlayStation's OS. They are unix-like. That should be a thing worthy of mentioning. BSDs are some of the best operating systems for specific tasks. They are a true successor to the original Unix (at least I think so). MacOS is by no means inferior. It's just that Apple's decisions can hurt both the OS and the user. Same can be said for Microsoft. Hopefully your opinion should be re-evaluated.

Sacreblue

Jan 21, 2019
You can gain forms (and customize them inside their racial specifications) of captured Nephs when interacting with the Kitsune at the temple.

I guess in that screen it is a female or futa player having assumed a Titan Neph form.
Well, i try to do what you say and i cant

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
As the re-write of the patch tool is coming along I'm terrified of 0.753.8 making me start the rewrite again (that already happened with .7 when he changed the name of everything lol).

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Hi guys. I've installed the new version 753.7a and I've moved the save from radiant folder to OBF, but my saves don't work anymore. I can see the slot in "load game", but when I select one of these it says me that the slot is no longer compatible. My previous version was 753.2a. How should I solve this?
I believe there was a save wipe since 753.2. Its inevitable after so many updates it seems. At least we can be lazy sacks for now ;)

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
Well, i try to do what you say and i cant
I do not know how it works in deep detail and how it has evolved. I did it only twice months ago with some old builds and I never bothered with getting a Titan form; only Angel for female PC and Wulvarg for male.

I can only guess that if it works at all (which the shown screen indicates) it must be related to the Kitsune.

4access

Dec 20, 2019
Last update (the .6) said, old savegames don't work anymore.
That happens with almost every update and it's not because it has to be that way -- he just hates us.

I have played Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space since their inception and Fenoxo's team has always migrated the old saves when they had to change the in-game data structures.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
That happens with almost every update and it's not because it has to be that way -- he just hates us.

I have played Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space since their inception and Fenoxo's team has always migrated the old saves when they had to change the in-game data structures.
Flash vs Unreal. That's a bit of a mountain you just jumped there.

• Haha
Reactions: hentaigunman

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Flash vs Unreal. That's a bit of a mountain you just jumped there.
In overall program architecture, sure. But basic data management is basic data management, and forward-safe save handling has existed for longer than Unreal engine. In point of fact, many of the save invalidations done for this game are unnecessary from a save handling perspective, and serve only to force people to run through content from scratch. That said, I can't speak for the recent invalidations, as I haven't poked at the save handling since just after DH wrapped up with the progression content. And that had a mountain of unnecessary save invalidations in it.

keeshah

Aug 16, 2020
I think you understand this wrong. This isn't a save game invalidation, he changes constructs of the player, the houses, the npcs and so on. If an array has to be converted to a new one, this is often a lot of work, since you have to do it for the whole savegame. If you do this in a team, you can ask somebody else to write this code. But the new save game must fit to the new features, since he codes alone, he skips that part. Why not, it's not that it isn't fun to reopen all the game, just playing the game after you finished it already, what is the long term goal after all?

Hyperfapz0r

Jun 26, 2017
God the animations of this game suck. All that clipping has ruined it for me.

Also the sex positions are garbage. I mean when i heard i needed to unlock sex positions i was expecting some exotic positions, instead i found the most vanilla positions known to man such as missionary and cowgirl.

Too bad because the design and the gameplay are good, but the lack of good sex scenes is a no no for me.
They should take some lessons from Wild life

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
God the animations of this game suck. All that clipping has ruined it for me.

Also the sex positions are garbage. I mean when i heard i needed to unlock sex positions i was expecting some exotic positions, instead i found the most vanilla positions known to man such as missionary and cowgirl.

Too bad because the design and the gameplay are good, but the lack of good sex scenes is a no no for me.
They should take some lessons from Wild life
Sounds like you'd be better off playing Wild Life then.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally I think the fact that the portals don't open until very late game isn't so good. These days I just grab two or three from each zone and breed those because I know I'll get what I'm looking for eventually.
Also, having to put up with Doggy for about 33% of the game does eventually get boring and trying to speedrun until you get the portals is next to impossible.
Pawsmaati's temple is just too far out of the way to routinely go without a portal. As is the field with the Gobbos.
I'd either scrap her intent (reuse her for another mid-game purpose) and use the alt positions as quest rewards or bring her a wee bit closer.
The barns could also do with being more expensive. Right now you could fill your Vulwarg jars and sell them and have enough money from just that to buy every barn that Cassie can build for you. I'm not suggesting they cost thousands to the point of being so expensive as to make them unafforadable.
Higher prices or lock Amber-Mae and Camilla's shops behind character-specific quests - and no, not "Bring me a twenty foot Bovaur with ZZZ cup tits" style quests. Something meaningful to that character would be best.

Right now, all Amber-Mae and Camilla care about is milk and semen respectively. Something along those lines, perhaps?
He could bring back the old model for Amber-Mae and have her transformation be the end result. This would also open her shop.
She does love Bovaur Milk, after all.

Camilla seems sexually frustrated. She likes being the town toy but I think having instant access to it isn't the best.
That could be the goal she wants. If she isn't in the pillory the following day, she'd open the shop for you.

On another note, I wish Cassie could knock up my Breeder.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I think you understand this wrong. This isn't a save game invalidation, he changes constructs of the player, the houses, the npcs and so on. If an array has to be converted to a new one, this is often a lot of work, since you have to do it for the whole savegame. If you do this in a team, you can ask somebody else to write this code. But the new save game must fit to the new features, since he codes alone, he skips that part. Why not, it's not that it isn't fun to reopen all the game, just playing the game after you finished it already, what is the long term goal after all?
I understand unreal save handling just fine, and the specific portion I called out was the series of updates where he was adding progression. What changed in saves during that? Nothing. Literally nothing changed. Specifically, the progress gates are handled via global true/false flags. If you've done the thing, it gets added to the save as a string in a list. If you haven't done the thing, it doesn't exist in the save, at all, in any shape or form. (From a technical perspective, unreal handles it so that the flag is true if in the list, and false if not in the list) There is precisely one flag in that list in a new game, and it's for Fern's first stage.

So, given the knowledge that the different game versions during progression updates were actually compatible with each other, what reasons could exist for invalidating saves?
  • Force testers to run through the full progression each time, thus ensuring a larger range of testing and higher likelihood that someone encounters a flaw in the setup.
  • Ensure that players who encountered a flaw in the setup and got locked out of prior progression are locked out and forced to start a new save where that will presumably not happen again.
  • Spite
The third one is on the list because the developer is a person and people have emotions, and his reaction to being asked for ways to bypass the progression testing (during which he also disabled the all portals cheat) was to implement a cheat named "imma lazy sack" which, at least for a while, would drop big bold message to the effect of "I'm sure your mother would be proud" when used.

And, just to be clear: if he is changing game critical save arrays every single time the game updates? That's not exactly a good sign. The only time those should be getting updates with that degree of frequency is when a prototype is so new that the save format itself (and its interaction with the core systems) is still actively being built. That's not the kind of thing that should be relevant in the case of a changelog like:
Fluids are now displayed at each barn
Q hotkey can be used for quick actions at barns and breeding yards
Nephelym lists are now sorted alphabetically
Details are displayed by default when interacting with roamers
Project renamed from Radiant to OBF (this will make sense later)
Copy and paste added for faces in creator mode
Fixed Mega Slime's dialogue
Fluids display: That's a rendering/ui change, fluids have been in save format for ages.
Hotkey: that's a hardcoded hotkey to activate new UI. Nothing tied to saves
List sorting: Technically this could involve sorting them in the save too, but if you need to change your save format to sort a list, you really shouldn't be in gamedev. (It also doesn't need to change the format, the nephelym are stored in a list in the save and their order in said list is largely irrelevant)
Details display: yet another UI change. Nothing tied to save format.
Project rename: this involves a fair chunk of technical interaction between parts of the compiled/exported project, but if the save is involved here literally all that would need to change is the filename. (And generally, the save isn't part of this specific issue aside)
Copy and paste: yet another user interface change. No bearing on save formats, just on what the player can do.
Mega slime dialogue: this could theoretically impact saves, but everything tied to the mega slime is a global flag like the ones I mentioned above. Adding new dialogue choices or progression paths tied to the mega slime literally just boils down to adding a new flag and then setting up when and how it interacts with the dialogue. It would honestly be more work to invalidate the save and reset how the dialogue works overall than to fix it in a forward-safe manner that wouldn't invalidate saves.

And if a bugfix is big enough to warrant breaking changes in save handling, it's big enough to be spelled out instead of relegated to a "fixed miscellaneous bugs" note.

TL/DR: Derelict has a history of literally unnecessary save invalidation, so I am not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt when saves are incompatible with a new version and nothing overtly related to saves has changed.

Last edited:

Mardrigon

Feb 14, 2018
funny how I never seen a preset trade location something to be added in the game maybe a town vendor for best designs of patrons?? voted on by patrons (but I would say only get one breed for each patron, ie elf or dragon not both)
just an idea

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Still waiting on Steam to get the OBF version update. Considering it just got 0.753.0, it will probably take some time.
I know that I can play it without Steam as it isn't tied to the platform.

keeshah

Aug 16, 2020
I understand unreal save handling just fine, and the specific portion I called out was the series of updates where he was adding progression....

TL/DR: Derelict has a history of literally unnecessary save invalidation, so I am not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt when saves are incompatible with a new version and nothing overtly related to saves has changed.
Well your words are quite harsh, considering, that they come in a forum, that offers his game for free. If I would have your negative opinion about this game, I would choose one of two options:
1. Play another game
2. IF I'd know the Unreal engine that good, I'd make a better game.

So, what's it gonna be?
Cheers,
Kee.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Well your words are quite harsh, considering, that they come in a forum, that offers his game for free. If I would have your negative opinion about this game, I would choose one of two options:
1. Play another game
2. IF I'd know the Unreal engine that good, I'd make a better game.

So, what's it gonna be?
Cheers,
Kee.
I chose both, actually. But I keep personal and professional lives separate, which is why the latter isn't something that shows up here.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes