Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
How would I turn on VSync without a way to get into the settings menu? I'm assuming there's a setting in the *.ini files (wherever they may be)?
ehhm, like with any other program without a good in-game graphics menu.

Nvidea control panel => Manage 3D Settings => not in Global Settings because then you change it for all software. but Program Settings. make a new one for OBF.exe (or the ..\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11\OBF\Binaries\Win64\OBF-Win64-Shipping.exe) and turn it on there (and tweak other settings too if you like for better (worse?) performance or/and quality)

Last edited:

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Because the dev thinks the players' time is worthless.
You are funny. Why doesn't the developer do it, why does it do it ... Who are the questions addressed to? Have you seen DH posts here? Go to Discord and ask the developer questions. True, yesterday, when the F95 was mentioned there, the moderator immediately wrote:
"-F95 doesn't have a healthy relationship with this server."
"-Why?"
"-Because they annoy us with questions for stuff they don't legally have access to."
So, when asking questions on Discord, do not mention this forum.;)

BreederFan

Oct 22, 2021
This is a great game. I don't see any problem about new things.

Why? Isn't this game free?

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Go to Discord
No thanks. Shit design is shit design and it being pointed out here or on discord or wherever else is not going to change that.
If you feel like you're up to the task of defending the game's time wasting grindy design- go for it. You may even invite whatever discord mods to help you out.

Reactions: Dirty Pimp and J_M

STet

Apr 17, 2020
No thanks. Shit design is shit design and it being pointed out here or on discord or wherever else is not going to change that.
If you feel like you're up to the task of defending the game's time wasting grindy design- go for it. You may even invite whatever discord mods to help you out.
Actually, I accidentally addressed the previous answer to you, I wanted to answer JK3.

Last edited:

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
With how grindy Derelict likes this game to be, are we sure he isn't into teasing/denial?
No, not really sure about what he wants with this game. Money, I suppose... because, obviously, he doesn't really care about improving the gameplay; nor the graphics for all that matter. Do you guys like his animations? Do you like his color palette (as everything is reddish at any time of the day?). I am aware that some people like their massive tits, but what about the other players that may have different opinion on the matter... That doesn't bother him a bit so to me all is good and very cool and also very dead... project.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Maybe you don't have a good taste about designs.. maybe you don't know enough about the things added.

Maybe you are doing something wrong..

This is a breeding game you already breed tons of things non-stop and you call it grindy now?

It looks like not so right to me..
"The game is about x therefore it has to be repeatitive, grindy and slow" is not the greatest argument you thought it was.
You'd think this is about a Korean MMO or something.

Reactions: RidiculousG

hater45

Mar 7, 2017
The previous system was fine and didn't really need a change until way later in development. This new system is just painful as what would take less than a few hours has exponentially jumped for not even new content. It was the same as the gates, what exactly were the purpose of them? The dev should just worry more on the meat of the game. Breeding system> sex animations> Races > items/fluids> barn expansion> grind.

BreederFan

Oct 22, 2021
You'd think this is about a Korean MMO or something.
This is a breeding game which you breed. You breed for minutes, hours.. and a little tip for you about future of this game.. you will breed more..

I don't know what do you expect from a breeding game at all?

If you can't handle it, just use cheats.. it is sandbox

Last edited by a moderator:

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I don't know what do you expect from a breeding game at all?
I expect breeding, not grind. Those are two different things but apparently the dev could only afford an ESL apologist who doesn't understand the difference.
If you can't handle it, just use cheats.. it is sandbox.
Buddy, you don't have the grasp of the English language to pull off snark so just drop it.
Nobody ever described this game as "hard" because diffculty is not a factor when it comes to anything in this game, which may partially explain the boredom.
You know you got a well designed game when even its apologists go "just use cheats lol".
By the way, I don't know where this recent fad of using "sandbox" as "non-game" came to be but I'll happily direct you to some sandbox games that have both gameplay and difficulty.

Reactions: schneefall

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
No, not really sure about what he wants with this game. Money, I suppose... because, obviously, he doesn't really care about improving the gameplay; nor the graphics for all that matter. Do you guys like his animations? Do you like his color palette (as everything is reddish at any time of the day?). I am aware that some people like their massive tits, but what about the other players that may have different opinion on the matter... That doesn't bother him a bit so to me all is good and very cool and also very dead... project.
I've been following this game on and off since before it was posted here and in that time I've come to understand that this will probably never have what I would consider "satisfying" gameplay and that is because of one thing: Derelict doesn't really play games. This isn't an assumption either, he outright admits on discord that beyond the souls series he doesn't play video games and that shows in his work. I believe that he genuinely cares and wants to create something good but his reluctance to come out of his comfort zone combined with his lack of experience in actually experiencing games and the systems that make them satisfying to play makes for a poor development mindset.

The reason I say this is because if he really was just in it for the money he would enable male on male content among other often requested features but he doesn't, for better or worse. The optimist in me wants to say that once all the systems have been built they'll "click" together which has been the case before such as when color blending and the "atypical" trait made breeding more interesting but with every "gameplay" change it feels worse to me. Unlike with the changes to breeding coloration I don't see how he could make the process of actually catching and breeding interesting with what he has now, the gameplay loop is flawed at its core which is only made worse with the recent addition of race specific world levels.

The erotic content is too separated from the gameplay, the game is grindy so naturally you want to be efficient so what do you do? You buy fluids to catch nephelym which means you don't see sex. You want to raise their levels to complete mission board requests? You use the "quick" option in breeding which means you don't see sex. Now you might be thinking "well taking the quick sexless path is optional, just don't do it" but you're looking at an insane grind if you plan on, for example, raising a races world level by catching through surprise sex, you will absolutely get bored of the animations long before you're through.

Here's the crux of the situation: How do you fix these problems without making the game even more grindy? This is where I'm at and why I believe the game will likely never be anything more for me than an animation viewer. To end on a positive note I think the Motherly trait was a great addition, making pregnancy more relevant and rewarding and anything that increases xp gained is a godsend.

RumouredMolecule

Jul 10, 2019
No, instead you have to release over 600 nephs to increase your level by 1 for better nephs instead of breeding for betters one.
You don't have to raise 600 nephs, every neph has a different value based on rarity, level etc. you can raise 60 nephs with 10 value and release them but you can easily get them to value 50 and you only need to release 12 of them to get '600' values.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
You don't have to raise 600 nephs, every neph has a different value based on rarity, level etc. you can raise 60 nephs with 10 value and release them but you can easily get them to value 50 and you only need to release 12 of them to get '600' values.
You are right, one doesn't need to catch 600 nephs to level one world by one level and I shall go with your number: 60. Catching one neph runs an animation that takes 30 seconds (more or less). Do you agree with that? If yes, lets do basic arithmetic: 60 x 30 = 1,800 seconds = 30 minutes! Can you call this 30 minutes, gameplay? I actually went through all this process and believe you me, it got old very, very fast...

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes