lebedix

Aug 3, 2017
Hello. A question for connoisseurs.I took a stone from a slime, opened a valley with cows and bunnies. Took the quests from Dryad, bring her a bee. Took the quest from butterfly, bring her a fox. and the centaur, bring her Wolfe.
So, do I need to lvlup some specific nifelim to a specific level? Or any fit, of this race? I lvlup and lvlup them, but the quest dialogue does not appear during conversation ...

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The only thing that needed more thinking about was what to do with the Nephs.
By that, I mean whether to release for World Level Progress or trade with the Emissary for favour tokens.
The way I'm going, I'll be using Sterile Nephs for the World Level and viable ones for the Emissary.

lebedix, check the quest board under Special Requests. That will tell you exactly what they need: Race, Gender, Traits and Level.
You also fulfil the request from there.
Once you do so, it'll tell you to go and talk to the one that gave you that request.

Last edited:

hater45

Mar 7, 2017
You don't have to raise 600 nephs, every neph has a different value based on rarity, level etc. you can raise 60 nephs with 10 value and release them but you can easily get them to value 50 and you only need to release 12 of them to get '600' values. Try to understand the game mechanics and what the others are saying here before making any assumtions
Did you play prior to his hotfix? going from 3 to 4 was a massive jump in terms of points that is was daunting. Even with you dropping the number to 60, that seems insane as it feels more like you are just padding out the game. Why am I spending so much time breeding up good nephs just to release them for small gain? Why not use those blessed nephs to increase world levels by doing stuff for them, and their demands get harder and harder so you have something actively building up to?

Reactions: Reaverer

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Hello. A question for connoisseurs.I took a stone from a slime, opened a valley with cows and bunnies. Took the quests from Dryad, bring her a bee. Took the quest from butterfly, bring her a fox. and the centaur, bring her Wolfe.
So, do I need to lvlup some specific nifelim to a specific level? Or any fit, of this race? I lvlup and lvlup them, but the quest dialogue does not appear during conversation ...
The information you are looking for is on the breeding request board, just outside the farm, on the road going to town. There should be two tabs when you look at the board, one of them will be special requests. If you look at that, it will tell you what each of the Blessed Nephelym want and the required levels and traits needed.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
ehhm, like with any other program without a good in-game graphics menu.

Nvidea control panel => Manage 3D Settings => not in Global Settings because then you change it for all software. but Program Settings. make a new one for OBF.exe (or the ..\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11\OBF\Binaries\Win64\OBF-Win64-Shipping.exe) and turn it on there (and tweak other settings too if you like for better (worse?) performance or/and quality)
I don't have NVIDIA... I have an Intel.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So, I think it's pretty clear that the overwhelming majority of people in this thread agree that the last thing this game needs is more timesinks. I tend to agree as well. So, under the assumption that suggestions involving the player spending more time grinding are off the table, what could be done to improve the flow and experience?

Quite a lot, actually. Some suggestions include, but are not limited to:
  • Increase the player's movement speed.
  • Add idle animations and pathing to the farm, and allow some of the player's nephelym to wander about and do things. They could laze in their yards, wander around, use the stools and benches you use to milk them, fuck each other, etc. We already know the game has some degree of pathfinding and such for the nephelym since they can wander their areas, and single-character animations like lazing around, leaning against walls, etc. are far less involved than making two-character animations. (Just six per "position" rather than 36.)
  • Add more nephelym to the town. The game already has a dialogue system that hooks into variables, and Unreal absolutely supports variables needed to create a basic relationship system. It wouldn't be difficult at all to create a setup where the player could optionally woo townsfolk into bed using conversations and materials that the game already has.
  • Add more detail to the world. This could even be hooked into the recent upgrade system, where upgrading a specific area improves it visually.
  • Lewd collectables could be added to the world. These could be in the form of things that get added to the ranch as decorations, or in the form of plants and other gatherables that have (potentially temporary) stat boosting or transformative effects. (The latter of which already exists in the lore and visuals)
  • Unlocking an area could create global changes to the world. Perhaps it expands the town in some way, like adding nephelym from that gate to the town. Perhaps it allows theming specific to that area to "encroach" upon the rest of the world to an extent.
Most of the above is actually fairly simplistic to implement compared to the more standard requests of additional body types and more sex positions. I could make other suggestions, such as nephelym subspecies that are unlocked by increasing their world level, but the point here is really about the work to payoff ratio for both the developer and players.

Last edited:

Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
I don't have NVIDIA... I have an Intel.
then it can be enabled / disabled by using command-line Arguments.

See :

so, for example (if your installation is in D:\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11) ;

With Vsync => D:\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11\OBF.exe -Vsync

No VSync => F:\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11\OBF.exe -NoVsync

if games ini files are no longer valid (for example when you have issues after upgrading/downgrading hardware)

D:\BOTN_Windows_x64_DX11\OBF.exe -REGENERATEINIS (warning!!! all changes made to those ini files and in-game settings will be lost).

Last edited:

Ilaem

Dec 27, 2017
How do I upgrade the ranch? When I try to catch monsters it tells me I don't have enough space. I tried to explore the area a bit, but if I start exploring, the game kills my old pc XD.
I already keep the settings at a minimum and go to a few fps, if I go to Lustwood it sometimes happens to go to 1fps / minute ...

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
How do I upgrade the ranch? When I try to catch monsters it tells me I don't have enough space. I tried to explore the area a bit, but if I start exploring, the game kills my old pc XD.
I already keep the settings at a minimum and go to a few fps, if I go to Lustwood it sometimes happens to go to 1fps / minute ...
Every barn has a limited capacity that cannot be upgraded yet, if you've caught too many you need to release a few to make room. This is assuming you've already bought the barns from the pink cat in town, check the wiki for locations but she isn't very hard to find. Lustwood has always been a pain, it actually used to be worse, believe it or not. I have a decent rig and while I get passable frames there it spikes my temps like nothing else.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
what could be done to improve the flow and experience?
Mostly quality of life features.

-create selection options (select all pregnant, non-pregnant, all vulwargs, everything-but-x), make it possible to release multiple nephelym at once
-add keyboard support for choosing and confirming, right now enter and space don't do anything so you have to click a whole lot
-make a single menu for collecting semen and milk from your nephelym, there's no good reason to have to run to every single dwelling
-make a skip animation option during wild sex
-make wild nephelym spawn sometimes outside of their zones. The world feels empty and sterile (ironically) because 95% of it is unpopulated with nothing in it. Stumbling upon a rarer nephelym by accident would be a nice surprise and a change of pace

And those are only small QOL changes which still leaves the fact that there is pretty much no gameplay or sound design. I think there are 2 looped moans and that's it.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Mostly quality of life features.

-create selection options (select all pregnant, non-pregnant, all vulwargs, everything-but-x), make it possible to release multiple nephelym at once
-add keyboard support for choosing and confirming, right now enter and space don't do anything so you have to click a whole lot
-make a single menu for collecting semen and milk from your nephelym, there's no good reason to have to run to every single dwelling
-make a skip animation option during wild sex
-make wild nephelym spawn sometimes outside of their zones. The world feels empty and sterile (ironically) because 95% of it is unpopulated with nothing in it. Stumbling upon a rarer nephelym by accident would be a nice surprise and a change of pace

And those are only small QOL changes which still leaves the fact that there is pretty much no gameplay or sound design. I think there are 2 looped moans and that's it.
These are all good points as well. I was more considering content/progression, since that's the prior focus of the ongoing complaints. That said, QoL additions like these would also have a dramatic impact.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Where is this even explained? How do I see my "world level?"
The world level of the race can be seen by hovering the cursor over the level of the mob when looking at its characteristics.
Also look here. Currently in the topic header there are links to the real version 0.754.1

Last edited:

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
As I expected, you don't even know how the new things work.
Than please do explain how new things work, because grinding through a fuckton of releasing to get the world level up is also my experience. Or are you just being petty and splitting hairs on the 600 number? Yeah, I know that in the 0.754.1 version the number is 400 - whoah there momma! What a difference! It's almost as if the grind was very, very, very slightly reduced!
You are right, one doesn't need to catch 600 nephs to level one world by one level and I shall go with your number: 60. Catching one neph runs an animation that takes 30 seconds (more or less). Do you agree with that? If yes, lets do basic arithmetic: 60 x 30 = 1,800 seconds = 30 minutes! Can you call this 30 minutes, gameplay? I actually went through all this process and believe you me, it got old very, very fast...
You also forgot to mention that you and your nephs have a very limited amount of lust (which is essentially stamina). Low level nephs and the breeder at low level will have very little max lust and you need to get back to the house and sleep to replenish. You can use the 'infinite lust" cheat to skip the lust mechanic, but you can do that for almost anything in the game, so that's not an argument. In other words, the process is even longer than your math indicates, so people will get tired of it and go for the most efficient route:
1) buy a ton of fluids, use them to get as many nephs as possible, and run to the barns to release them all, or
2) catch one neph of the needed species, disable pregnancies in the settings, activate the infinite lust cheat and massacre the "Q" key on their keyboard.
Both of these approaches should be a nightmare scenario to the developer - the best way to play your game is to skip through everything... If I was a dev, this state would terrify me.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
The world level of the race can be seen by hovering the cursor over the level of the mob when looking at its characteristics.
Also look here. Currently in the topic header there are links to the real version 0.754.1
That's not terribly helpful. So I need to hover over a mob to know the world level? Why not put it someplace useful?

:Tries in game:

WTF are you on about? How do I know how many nephelym to release to advance a "world level?" What is my progress? This is poorly designed, and I say that as a paid subscriber.

Your screenshot shows level 5. I'm asking, "How the F do I get to level 2?"

> The world level of the race

It's by each race? That seems excessive. So I'm capped at 500 on Vulwargs, with no idea how to advance, and I have to do the same for Thyrid? To get to get the next wall stone;? That seems onerous. I have doubts that you played your way to level 5.

Last edited:

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
You also forgot to mention that you and your nephs have a very limited amount of lust (which is essentially stamina). Low level nephs and the breeder at low level will have very little max lust and you need to get back to the house and sleep to replenish. You can use the 'infinite lust" cheat to skip the lust mechanic, but you can do that for almost anything in the game, so that's not an argument. In other words, the process is even longer than your math indicates, so people will get tired of it and go for the most efficient route:
1) buy a ton of fluids, use them to get as many nephs as possible, and run to the barns to release them all, or
2) catch one neph of the needed species, disable pregnancies in the settings, activate the infinite lust cheat and massacre the "Q" key on their keyboard.
You are absolutely right, I forgot mentioning that.

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
That's not terribly helpful. So I need to hover over a mob to know the world level? Why not put it someplace useful?

WTF are you on about? How do I know how many nephelym to release to advance a "world level?" What is my progress? This is poorly designed, and I say that as a paid subscriber.

It's by each race? That seems excessive. So I'm capped at 500 on Vulwargs, with no idea how to advance, and I have to do the same for Thyrid? To get to get the next wall stone;? That seems onerous. I have doubts that you played your way to level 5.
Please double check on what version of the game you are playing (it should be 0.754.1 at top right corner of the main screen).
STet's post was true and helpful (for me at least).

To answer to your second question / remark:
You have to increase the World Level for each species. There is one exception though: orcs, elves and slimes share the same world. May be more but I cannot remember now.
I don't think I reached level 5 on all worlds and frankly I shall never try that. I had enough of this game and probably I shan't play it again for a very long time, if ever. I really like the idea of the breeding game but this implementation is not the one for me. Regrettably.

Reactions: Darkaura

STet

Apr 17, 2020

Progress and gameplay claims should be addressed to the developer, not to me. But first, learn to read and use search.
https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders-of-the-nephelym-v0-754-1a-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-6782631
https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders-of-the-nephelym-v0-754-1a-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-6798916
How to raise the characteristics of a breeder, let me explain with an example: to raise the "strength" from D to C, you need to catch a mob with a strength characteristic of D or better and fuck him until the "strength" rises. At the same time, you can pump several characteristics, in the event that the mob has an icon in the form of an eye on which there is a Roman numeral from I to V, symbolizing the number of characteristics available for simultaneous improvement.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018

If you read through the recent comments, most everyone else has been making comments similar to yours about how excessive the recent changes have been.

Yes, the world levels are for each, individual, race. There are some that share their world level, the Bovar and Minotaurs, the harpies and bats, and (I think) the elves, goblins, and orcs share the same WL.

If you are still confused about where to find the world level information, maybe this will help. If you hover your mouse cursor over the level of the nephelym, it will show you a popup with information about the current world level, your progression towards the next world level and how much the selected nephelym will add to the progress.
world level.png

To increase the world level, you need to capture a nephelym and then go to your barns and release them into the wild.
WL1 neph are only worth about 7-10 points each, so you will need to capture A LOT of nephelym. Uncommon nephelym will spawn at WL2, that are worth a bit more when released 15-20 or so. WL3 will have rare and Unique spawns that are worth even more and at WL4 you can get legendary spawns that are worth quite a bit if you release them.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Maybe he could link opening the portals to World Level 2. In the case of one zone having more than one type of Neph (ie Lustwood), both Foxen and Vulwarg would have to be WL 2. At that point, what's-her-name would show up at THAT zone's portal. For the one at the farmstead it'd be activated in tandem with the first portal unlocked.
I feel that if DH were to continue with the World Level system, this would make it have more of a point.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes