str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Dude, what.... the.... hell?

At first you look at this new update and think "Holy fuck" this game is getting some huge improvements, it almost feels like an entire new game. Almost gave me an "Hentai Genshin Impact" feel.... Until you realise how yet again Derelict just cant, he just cant add something nice without FUCKING UP BIG TIME something else.

Although the game's menus, visuals and the whole UI feels like night and day in comparison he essentially also made it so the new UI lacks entirely the option to add codes and thus the entire cheat imput is completly removed. So although Im missing out something like he hided that option behind some kind of interaction, making the game still clunky to deal with it again, that option is nowhere to be found.

Clothing options now only show up if you happen to have a clothed preset and there's a whole lot of messes that I just didnt bother to mess around with it past the very first minutes.

Seriously I could stand before Derelict messing up with game progression but removing cheats. Now that's a dealbreaker for me with this fuking game.
cheat menu works fine use ` key (top left under ESC)

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
cheat menu works fine use ` key (top left under ESC)
Thanks, that showed it up for me. But my point stands. He made the cheats to be something in which you dont have to memorize each code, but by making accesing the menu to imput them super unintuitive and in some cases clunky to deal with. So again, a nice adition but by fucking up something else, again.

Before it was simple and easy to imput a code. Now you need to have someone else to tell you how to open up the menu to do that or figure out on your own that the line "A command prompt can be summoned at anytime with the ~ key" from the update notes, is suposed to be the thing you need to do to imput the game's cheats now.

A key that BTW is dumb to have for such task, first, for not being able to reasign that keybind, and second to have that as the only keybind, being that players of all the internet, with different keyboard special key's placements and configurations play this game and thus having to press said key for them can be quite tricky to even properly do. Ill give you my own example. I use a Spanish keyboard layout and I had to switch to the English layout to use that damn key to make that menu pop up, because no key on my ENTIRE keyboard seemed to work until I did so. The only game I remember that gave me such headache was one with a single situation required for that, in which I had to deal with it ONCE every new playthorugh with something very specific that was from a mod for it and even that can be easily circunvent by playing as an admin.

Wont even bother to test if saves still work but, yeah, nice adition but sadly Im feeling excited about upcoming updates cause although there's a solution for the problem Im having, is yet again a reincidental set of issues....

Last edited:

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
For the folks that have issues making the cheats menu to pop up, I recommend you to go on Windows settings and install the English US keyboard layout config, then after you switch to that, if you tap on the key under ESC youll have the menu to appear. Annoying, I know, but at least is a temporary solution until this dev decides to stop thinking that everyone would have his masochistic soulslike dedication to figure shit out to play his game and maybe care for the players that lacks that patience, specially after seen his constant fuckups by adding a damn Menu Keybind to be able to be reasigned

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks, that showed it up for me. But my point stands. He made the cheats to be something in which you dont have to memorize each code, but by making accesing the menu to imput them super unintuitive and in some cases clunky to deal with. So again, a nice adition but by fucking up something else, again.

Before it was simple and easy to imput a code. Now you need to have someone else to tell you how to open up the menu to do that or figure out on your own that the line "A command prompt can be summoned at anytime with the ~ key" from the update notes, is suposed to be the thing you need to do to imput the game's cheats now.

A key that BTW is dumb to have for such task, first, for not being able to reasign that keybind, and second to have that as the only keybind, being that players of all the internet, with different keyboard special key's placements and configurations play this game and thus having to press said key for them can be quite tricky to even properly do. Ill give you my own example. I use a Spanish keyboard layout and I had to switch to the English layout to use that damn key to make that menu pop up, because no key on my ENTIRE keyboard seemed to work until I did so. The only game I remember that gave me such headache was one with a single situation required for that, in which I had to deal with it ONCE every new playthorugh with something very specific that was from a mod for it and even that can be easily circunvent by playing as an admin.

Wont even bother to test if saves still work but, yeah, nice adition but sadly Im feeling excited about upcoming updates cause although there's a solution for the problem Im having, is yet again a reincidental set of issues....
im discovering some issues as well mine are nothing to do with the key for cheats you may have some issues with saves
ive encountered a few problems BUT game is kind of addicting so i forgive the bugs LOL

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
can't find the bunny girls...where are they now?
Last time they were on Lustwoods, where the Foxgirls and Wolfgirls spawn. When you're there, follow the river down to a watermill, that's the reference youll need. When you see that, walk a bit further, still river down, and youll see an entrance with a stairs on the left, they lead to a platform and on the top of it there's an area with some easter eggs around, that's where they spawn.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
im discovering some issues as well mine are nothing to do with the key for cheats you may have some issues with saves
ive encountered a few problems BUT game is kind of addicting so i forgive the bugs LOL
To be honest I was excited to try this update out but the whole cheats menu disapearing, even after finding a fix for it has annoyed me enough that has killed my mood to play it. Maybe later Ill give it a try but right now Im far too pissed. Specially cause is not the first fuck up that this dev does on this same kind of regard. And I keep wondering how long is gonna take for this dev to do an actual dealbreaker screw.

Reactions: str8up

gavinhooder

May 7, 2018
Lol this game regresses instead of progress with every update, it just adds things that are completely unnecessary for the current state of the game, why remove the cheat mode if this game doesn't have any plot or things to do anyway except catching and making hybrids, why introduce any savepoints if this game doesn't have any meaningful choices anyway?
He really doesn't know what to do with this game to keep the morons who sponsor him and not work hard
I need the gif thats in your signature..

Kanjimaru

Jan 26, 2018
For those who has not pressed the tilde button on the key looks like this ~, there is a nice little question mark next to the text box that shows you the working commands/cheats

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Loading old saves does not work - surprisely. Author obviously doesn't care about players progress, so with every build you must start anew. I've got some "fatal error" when naming my giant catgirl. This random name generator has obviously some bug that crash game. Cheats are not issue, but you must switch to ENG keyboard. That guy doesn't know how to make it that it can work on any keyboard layout. :-/ Disappointing so far...

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Loading old saves does not work - surprisely. Author obviously doesn't care about players progress, so with every build you must start anew. I've got some "fatal error" when naming my giant catgirl. This random name generator has obviously some bug that crash game. Cheats are not issue, but you must switch to ENG keyboard. That guy doesn't know how to make it that it can work on any keyboard layout. :-/ Disappointing so far...
Saving is weird right now in general. If you "overwrite" a save and then load that save in the same session then at a glance it looks like it saved because you retain your currency which is what I used as a point of reference. If you quit the game and load, however, then you'll find that everything has been reset to the first time you saved in that slot. Now if you save in another, unused save slot, everything looks like it transfers over correctly but your money will reset to zero. This is definitely a "wait for the hotfix" update.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Why play the game is all you're going to do is cheat?
Because the gameplay loop is grindy as hell if you're following the base progression. And Im talking hours upon hours of grind until you get to something substantial. A problem that did not existed many versions ago cause you didnt had to bother about stupid cockblock gates to reach the area where the demons spawn among others. Now if you want a nice Cambion or Succubus you need to do all the bullshity quests until you are able to reach said area. Area that you could go straight to it from minute 1 in regular gameplay if all you wanted was to bang some hotie demogirls. Now you cant unless you spend hours on game progression until that area is even plausible accesible.

That or you cheat. And to be honest, to even ask why play the game if you wanna cheat. I have to ask, why care about engame content if youll get bored by the endless grind midway and close the game to play something more rewarding and entertaining WITH decent and specially NEW endgame content? Sometimes I get amazed by the edgyness some people tend to show.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The UI couldn't be more lifted straight from Genshin if he tried. I doubt he spent much time at all on it.
The Inventory, Quest board, rounded buttons and even the text face all remind me of GI.

Aug 29, 2020
as sad as it is to see it Abandoned, i kinda saw this coming, when a game hardly get any updates then usually it will get smaller and smaller updates until it's abandoned, not always but it happens alot sadly, even sadder here because i've known about this game for years, since the early demos Rest in Piece
:(
Well........ i stand corrected. it is NOT abandoned, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: HeadsExplode
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes