DatBoi6983

Jul 29, 2020
The economy got fucked with the last update. Now that milk/semen is an individual item, all nephelym give the equivalent of 1 unit of milk/semen per harvest. However, the prices weren't changed to compensate... before, a handful of ayrshire bovaur could net you upwards of 1000mL/day, at 7 shiny per mL... now they give 3-5 units per day, but the price is still 7 shiny, so instead of 7000 shiny you're getting closer to like 150. Getting money with milk/semen is WAY too slow to be worth it, anymore, the only way to get any money early game now is with fern, and that's 150/scene. Have to do 19 blowjob scenes with fern just to buy a single 2000 shiny barn now... way too slow to progress and get anything.

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
why can I not use my old preset? I've transferred my preset file to the new location in the %appdata% but it doesn't show up.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The economy got fucked with the last update. Now that milk/semen is an individual item, all nephelym give the equivalent of 1 unit of milk/semen per harvest. However, the prices weren't changed to compensate... before, a handful of ayrshire bovaur could net you upwards of 1000mL/day, at 7 shiny per mL... now they give 3-5 units per day, but the price is still 7 shiny, so instead of 7000 shiny you're getting closer to like 150. Getting money with milk/semen is WAY too slow to be worth it, anymore, the only way to get any money early game now is with fern, and that's 150/scene. Have to do 19 blowjob scenes with fern just to buy a single 2000 shiny barn now... way too slow to progress and get anything.
DH seems to be doubling down and then redoubling the grind with each new version.
By the time 1.0 releases, you can expect to be able to fuck only once per day if the current pace of grindfocus persists.

This game could have been the bees knees. And while the UI overhaul is a step forward, the cycle of progression itself hasn't changed at all since I can remember. He can fix all the bugs he wants but until he readds in a way to view the Breeder's status without interacting with the Breeding Pen, I'll be skipping updates and playing something else that has a gameplay loop that is at least a little more player-friendly. I mean, FFS, he could make it so that the portals to each field have their own mini-chains given to the player by the Blessed in each region to open that area's portal.
Having to complete 95% of the game just to teleport is not contributing to the player's enjoyment.
Some races don't seem to have field-bound Blessed (such as the Matriarch) so they ought to be given by the Blessed in Hedon Township IMO.

To be absolutely pedantic, a 2000 Shiny Barn through only Fern would rounded up to 14 times (13.3333333 recurring) ;)
It's still too much, I know. To be frank, I don't bother milking my furries. I just keep an eye on the Quest Board instead.
Sure, it seems to request hybrids and other things you don't have ready access to (such as requesting a Futa Kestrel while you're chonking through Lustwood) but it can be worth a lot more than these POS items that milking spawns.
Come to think of it, maybe PsOS would sell for more. /s

Last edited:
Reactions: tanngiost

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
DH seems to be doubling down and then redoubling the grind with each new version.
By the time 1.0 releases, you can expect to be able to fuck only once per day if the current pace of grindfocus persists.
You fuck once and it knocks out your back, so you have to lie in bed for a week to recover. On the plus side, at least we'd finally have an interior to the house.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah at this rate this game should be renamed "Grinders of the Nephelym" cause playing it without cheats on every update gets so motherfucking tediously grindier that it turns systematically boring, not worth the time you play it "legitly".

Grind based games tend to make the grind to be rewarding in some way due to their possibilities but the issue is that BotN's aditions are way too few for the massive amount of extra work that each new updates forces you to deap with. Like:

- Added the Pawsmatti system to learn positions by overhauling the existing positions to be mostly functional among all pairings (Not always) and adding just 1 new position.... But demanding you to sell at least about 20 nephs minimum to get the enough currency to buy from said NPC.

- Added the gates progression system to give quests for the players to follow with only the two bunny areas being new, along with the so promised Seraphims heavens but forcing you to have races like Demons only be accesible after IRL days spent on playing in speedrun pace.

- Added the vagrants system which makes the homestead much more lively, but dealing with a system of stats capture instead of requiring skill to "tame" the nephs like before, wouldnt be a problem if you didnt had to grind for levels and stats to be able to capture those nephs.

- The newly introduced economy issues you guys have mentioned + the always eternally annoying save wipes problem that is the only game Ive seen that seems to have it. And I played a damn lot of games, I dont recall a single one that had such an everlasting issue with such thing that at some point didnt got fixed. Specially when the damn saves seem to have backwards compatibility. Like, saves made in version 0.2 womt load on version 0.3 but saves made in version 0.3 DO load on version 0.2.

tanabe74

Aug 16, 2017
Yeah at this rate this game should be renamed "Grinders of the Nephelym" cause playing it without cheats on every update gets so motherfucking tediously grindier that it turns systematically boring, not worth the time you play it "legitly".

Grind based games tend to make the grind to be rewarding in some way due to their possibilities but the issue is that BotN's aditions are way too few for the massive amount of extra work that each new updates forces you to deap with. Like:

- Added the Pawsmatti system to learn positions by overhauling the existing positions to be mostly functional among all pairings (Not always) and adding just 1 new position.... But demanding you to sell at least about 20 nephs minimum to get the enough currency to buy from said NPC.

- Added the gates progression system to give quests for the players to follow with only the two bunny areas being new, along with the so promised Seraphims heavens but forcing you to have races like Demons only be accesible after IRL days spent on playing in speedrun pace.

- Added the vagrants system which makes the homestead much more lively, but dealing with a system of stats capture instead of requiring skill to "tame" the nephs like before, wouldnt be a problem if you didnt had to grind for levels and stats to be able to capture those nephs.

- The newly introduced economy issues you guys have mentioned + the always eternally annoying save wipes problem that is the only game Ive seen that seems to have it. And I played a damn lot of games, I dont recall a single one that had such an everlasting issue with such thing that at some point didnt got fixed. Specially when the damn saves seem to have backwards compatibility. Like, saves made in version 0.2 womt load on version 0.3 but saves made in version 0.3 DO load on version 0.2.
Yeah tbh what makes this game grindier are Traits condition
If only someone make a cheat table from CE to modify traits it will be piece of cake

• Hey there
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah tbh what makes this game grindier are Traits condition
If only someone make a cheat table from CE to modify traits it will be piece of cake
Another is the rarity to find said traits. One of the most hideous quests you have to do is the damn Hornball Bee one. I remember in one playthrough searching for the right neph for a literal hour until a damn one spawned with the right gender.

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
Another is the rarity to find said traits. One of the most hideous quests you have to do is the damn Hornball Bee one. I remember in one playthrough searching for the right neph for a literal hour until a damn one spawned with the right gender.
There is an easy workaround though.
Some species of nephs tend to have certain traits more often than others.

So, you can catch one with the required trait (e.g., Vulwarg with Hornball) and then crossbreed it with the other species (e.g., Thriae) until the offspring with proper traits and qualities is born.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Two questions
1. Where is the auto save located which is created when sleeping?
So I can load that save, would be nice.
2. Why is the carpenter ALWAYS toy of the day?
I skipped a day at a time, ran up the hill just to see him(her, FUTA) in the stocks each fucking day!
I want to build stuff!

dusk2340

Oct 7, 2017
Two questions
1. Where is the auto save located which is created when sleeping?
So I can load that save, would be nice.
2. Why is the carpenter ALWAYS toy of the day?
I skipped a day at a time, ran up the hill just to see him(her, FUTA) in the stocks each fucking day!
I want to build stuff!
1. im pretty sure the auto save just overwrites over your manual save
2.im not sure i think thats a bug it never really happens like that for me

Reactions: t727

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
im assuming there still is a world level system in the game or has that been removed? because i cannot for the life of me find where that info is in game, on the barn menu's or what not. and id like to know how much progress im making especially if i just have to release my nephelym

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes