nulnil

May 18, 2021
im assuming there still is a world level system in the game or has that been removed? because i cannot for the life of me find where that info is in game, on the barn menu's or what not. and id like to know how much progress im making especially if i just have to release my nephelym
It's hidden now, but it's still there.

And for some reasons the console commands don't work.

You'd think they'd at least playtest the game?

Reactions: darkgryffon

t727

Jan 4, 2018
1. im pretty sure the auto save just overwrites over your manual save
2.im not sure i think thats a bug it never really happens like that for me
So if I save on slot #13 whenever during the day, do my stuff, sleep and then fuck up the next day my autosave will be the #13 save?

• Angry
Reactions: IXL and DevSteve

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Before i take another try at this game, how bad are the bugs right now?

Thanks in advance guys.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Before i take another try at this game, how bad are the bugs right now?

Thanks in advance guys.
In versions 0.760.X, a lot of things are either broken or not working properly. If you play it, it's only out of curiosity. And so, you need to wait for a new Public build. Latest working version of .

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
In versions 0.760.X, a lot of things are either broken or not working properly. If you play it, it's only out of curiosity. And so, you need to wait for a new Public build. Latest working version of .
Thanks, i'll wait a while then if it's a steaming pile of bugs right now.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Game not dead your just trolling
The game actually did receive the abandoned tag, which this site's staff does not hand out lightly. That tag, once applied to a thread, is only removed if the game updates. Rather conveniently, the dev just happened to push the next update within a few days of the tag getting applied to this thread. After four months of nothing but the occasional statement about a UI update being a work in progress.

DrThraxGLA

Mar 19, 2019
The game actually did receive the abandoned tag, which this site's staff does not hand out lightly. That tag, once applied to a thread, is only removed if the game updates. Rather conveniently, the dev just happened to push the next update within a few days of the tag getting applied to this thread. After four months of nothing but the occasional statement about a UI update being a work in progress.
Still game not dead because I am in the Discord group

• Haha
Reactions: HeadsExplode

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
This whole back and forth you're having is about a post made roughly two months ago.
Sure, it's not abandoned NOW but for a while it did actually look dead.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Still game not dead because I am in the Discord group
I wasn't aware that your personal presence in the Discord group is what is keeping the game from dying. Shame on me, I guess.

In all seriousness, though. This game was tagged abandoned by the forum's moderators. It was tagged as abandoned due to going from a history of high frequency small updates to a history of low frequency, sporadic updates, to no updates for an extended period of time. The moderators do not apply the abandoned thread on a whim, because f95 is a very large forum and mislabeling a game can have a tangible negative impact on a developer's bottom line. Statements and information from a game's developer are taken into account when the tag is applied, and sometimes an "active" game gets tagged because, like this one, it appears that the author has suddenly stopped putting work into it despite claims to the contrary.

The tag is gone now. It is gone because the developer pushed an extremely buggy, very clearly unfinished update out the door well before it was ready. Derelict published that update within a few days of the game being marked as abandoned, and the state of the update says as much about what happened as the timing does.

Variablefig

Jun 12, 2022
its the old one
The one on Github by LiquidBleh? How do you even open it? The xaml file tries to run internet explorer and then crashes, or self downloads on any other browser, and as far as I've seen there is zero documentation of how it's supposed to operate anywhere.

If it is LiquidBlehs one can you help me out? Or point me at the correct one if I have found some weird abandonware?

DrThraxGLA

Mar 19, 2019
I wasn't aware that your personal presence in the Discord group is what is keeping the game from dying. Shame on me, I guess.

In all seriousness, though. This game was tagged abandoned by the forum's moderators. It was tagged as abandoned due to going from a history of high frequency small updates to a history of low frequency, sporadic updates, to no updates for an extended period of time. The moderators do not apply the abandoned thread on a whim, because f95 is a very large forum and mislabeling a game can have a tangible negative impact on a developer's bottom line. Statements and information from a game's developer are taken into account when the tag is applied, and sometimes an "active" game gets tagged because, like this one, it appears that the author has suddenly stopped putting work into it despite claims to the contrary.

The tag is gone now. It is gone because the developer pushed an extremely buggy, very clearly unfinished update out the door well before it was ready. Derelict published that update within a few days of the game being marked as abandoned, and the state of the update says as much about what happened as the timing does.
It's moderators that sound like they failed to validate by sending a message to the developer before making a abandoned tag. It all falls down to no commutation with people.

• Angry

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's moderators that sound like they failed to validate by sending a message to the developer before making a abandoned tag. It all falls down to no commutation with people.
You misunderstand - if the moderators applied the tag despite the developer claiming they are still working on the project, it is because the moderators determined that there was a high chance that the developer was not, in fact, working on the project. Which is not all that unusual on this forum, unfortunately.

It's very easy for someone to say they are working on a project. That is why the forum's moderators refuse to remove the tag unless an actual update is provided.

Edit: Actually, I can be even more clear about this. The game and developer's history were taken into account when the abandoned tag was applied. When the abandoned tag is applied to a game that the developer claims is still being updated, it is because there is a significant risk that the developer has stopped actually working on the game and is instead coasting on existing subscriptions and donations. If the developer is telling the truth about still working on the game, they can typically push an update in short order (as Derelict did) in order to get the tag removed. The state of rushed updates like that also serve as an indicator of how things are going behind the scenes, too.

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
You guys are making it out more complicated than it is. When the abandoned tag is applied it's because the developer hasn't publically posted any updates over a certain period of time which is 3 months, I think? To my understanding it doesn't matter if it's paywalled or not, it just has to be visible where they sell their game e.g. patreon or steam. Most devs don't update their game to have a tag removed from a pirate site and moderators don't keep personal tabs on thousands of developers. Yes, some games go a long time without the abandoned tag but they do so for the same reason that they aren't updated to the latest version despite said version already being posted in the thread: no one is reporting it.

This is getting off topic now and discussion regarding the game being abandoned is moot, the dev isn't dead, the game isn't dead, it will continue to get slow updates that make the game more monotonous and we all like cbt. The end.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes