aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Actually, I believe it was inspired by Breeding Season.
There was a time, long before the gate progression system and sex position unlocking being implemented, that i believed this to be true. I can play the game almost all day during that iteration.. just focusing on breeding for traits, hair/face combinations, and colors..

Now the gameplay is so tedious that i can't even stand playing these late versions for over 1 hour

• Hey there
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
my 0.760.0 version save not compatible with 0.760.6 build. how do i fix?
Welcome to the reality of BotN where every 4-5 updates, even if minor ones break previously made savefiles. Yet playing the same saves on much older game versions somehow DO load.

Quazar87

May 6, 2017
got a 10 year old dell laptop and this game laggy as hell was looking around for a new laptop and there all these i5, i9 and im kinda at a lost.. could u be a tadbit specific
Yeah, a 10 year old laptop is not going to be able to comfortable run a modern game. I would consider an "entry level gaming laptop" to be a $700-$1000, 15 inch, generally i5 processor ones. The nice ones go up to $2,000 but then they get ridiculous. I don't think anyone needs to drop $4,000 on a top of the line Razor.

It looks like the ASUS - ROG Zephyrus 14” is currently having a big sale. Down to $1,000 from $1,700. That's a quality one, really packs a lot of power into a smaller form factor.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah, a 10 year old laptop is not going to be able to comfortable run a modern game. I would consider an "entry level gaming laptop" to be a $700-$1000, 15 inch, generally i5 processor ones. The nice ones go up to $2,000 but then they get ridiculous. I don't think anyone needs to drop $4,000 on a top of the line Razor.

It looks like the ASUS - ROG Zephyrus 14” is currently having a big sale. Down to $1,000 from $1,700. That's a quality one, really packs a lot of power into a smaller form factor.
Yeah mine currently is about 5 years, laptop alone cost me 750 bucks with an i5 and BotN on high runs now at about 25-40 at times. However Im starting to notice that more modern games just arent cutting it. Cyberpunk for example while "playable" the experience is honestly ass and that's with everything on the bare lows.

It's perfect for doing a lot of non gaming things or if your games are pretty much pre-2019 released. However it no longer reaches the minimums. So Im forcefully having to build a desktop one but Im not sure which specs should I aim for to have a machine that could last at least about 10 years without requiring an upgrade, at least, not for running from passing the recommended to not even reach the minimums cause it gets quite annoying when a game is simply base framerate unplayable on low.

florameriadoc

Jul 8, 2017
strange, it doesn't work for me and I have the latest version: Early 0.760.6.

Do I need to press CTRL or SHIFT and the key under escape, or maybe ctrl + shift + key under esc?

nevermind, I found the answer on Discord, I need to be a patreon member to make the cheats work

Aug 31, 2020
As I said, Derelict (Main dev of this game) is a big Dark Souls player. And many people that know him have mentioned how part of his way of playing those are transfered into the game like the whole skipping progression mockery.

And again, the parelelisms I brough between the both are:
1. The tediousness to get something done and how even when you know how to do it, the experience more often than not can be more frustrating than fun for the average player.

2. The phylosophy of preventing cheating at all or severely mocking you to do so to the point of invalidating any potential non-sandbox gameplay using them. Forcing you into either 100% sandbox or grind to death. And honestly I suspect he doesnt have removed the sandbox elements cause that would axe 75%+ of his income and perma damage his reputation as a developer but that doesnt prevent him to show you how much he despises you to do so.

3. Both the fact that the main dev is a souls player, you see the experience his game delivers and how is not the first case Ive dealt with in which a dev is fan of said hard games and their developed ones suffer from an annoying game loop.

And 4. How the latter point applies both inside the game with the restrictions and forced tediousness it has and outside the game with the hostily and mockery both the dev and hardcore follower base seem to have. The only difference is the way they say it. In soulslikes they say "git gud", in BotN they say "the game is still on alpha and people seem to be dumb enough to forget that alpha games are prone to changes and nothing is yet set in stone so big changes need to happen and things like save wipes are necesary". Which.... Frankly neither are worth shit. They're basically a synonimous to say "F U and deal with it or stop playing".
The issue is that it does not translate well into BotN. Soul is essentially a rhythm game. The reward is learning the unique induvial rhythms and completing it. The idea of BotN is economics, the idea that you need to fulfil the requests before the deadline or risk being whisked away to prison. Last time I've checked, and throughout the times I've played. Never had I received a hard deadline about breeding. The further the game developed. The less it was about breeding and the more retarded it became. Now you're some "super-hero-god-person-thing-that-needs-to-have-sex-with-the-animals-because-reasons-to-save-the-world". Now go kindle that bonfir- I mean, pussy portal.

I also love the engaging gameplay of pressing spacebar. Totally the best part of the game outside of the walking simulator. At least Cloud Meadow has a card-like pokemon system that was somewhat enjoyable and entertaining to play. Souls respawns encounters to keep it engaging. What does BotN have to keep it engaging while traversing the barren lands? And what's the point once you've unlocked the transportation? Why, why do you have to traverse the area, when you can just event lock it like a normal dev so that once you've reached a certain requirement. You'll gain access to those creatures. At the same time, he'd probably make it so grindy you might as well do the old warcraft trick of a drill a piece of cardboard overnight while you sleep.

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
nevermind, I found the answer on Discord, I need to be a patreon member to make the cheats work
No you don't need to be a supporter. Just press the tilde key and you should see a field to enter cheats at the bottom of the screen. You don't need to press anything else to bring it up, just the tilde key.

florameriadoc

Jul 8, 2017
No you don't need to be a supporter. Just press the tilde key and you should see a field to enter cheats at the bottom of the screen. You don't need to press anything else to bring it up, just the tilde key.
yeah, well I joined anyway and after I found out that I could change the key "tilde" to something else so I managed to make it work.

My tilde key is located elsewhere and I don't know how to active it correctly

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
yeah, well I joined anyway and after I found out that I could change the key "tilde" to something else so I managed to make it work.

My tilde key is located elsewhere and I don't know how to active it correctly
Some people aren't on US layout keyboards, so the tilde key doesn't work for them - myself included.
For example on mine where the tilde would be on a US keyboard, I have the grave accent key.

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
What does BotN have to keep it engaging while traversing the barren lands? And what's the point once you've unlocked the transportation? Why, why do you have to traverse the area
As for myself, before even starting to play the game, I had spent many hours thoroughly designing and customizing my character. Just for the sake of good looks.
So now, no matter how much running and walking it takes, it's always a pleasure to watch! :)

screen02.jpg screen03.jpg screen04.jpg

screen01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_Rock90

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
As for myself, before even starting to play the game, I had spent many hours thoroughly designing and customizing my character. So now, no matter how much running and walking it takes, it's always a pleasure to watch! :)

View attachment 2618682
Going by the presence of all five stats that game had to determine capture chance, I'm guessing this is from an older version.

AutoDux

Apr 26, 2018
Did I soft lock myself by using the centaur's key to get to the dragon matron and then using that key to get to climax peak? I don't wanna take the slime's key until I can trade the pearl.

Loading96

Jul 28, 2022
I used the Creator mode code, and the game just reminded me to unlock Creator Mode.Can someone tell me where I should go to edit neph

Duke_Nukem

Mar 8, 2018
Alternatively, you can glitch your way down from the bee area to the shores and plains areas if you solve an (unintentional) jumping puzzle and are patient. Then you can activate the quests in those areas to get the necessary keys to finish everything off.

The basic idea is to start at the stone bridge leading from the plains to the jungle neko area (preferably grabbing the respawn stone here for when you fuck up).
  1. Turn to face the hill while at the top of the stairs (i.e. the direction of the ranch), and note that a few well placed jumps can get you on top of the stone columns. One jump to the rock, a second to a higher rock, then a third to the column.
  2. From there, you go over the mountain (toward the ranch) or around the right side by jumping around and down the geography, being careful not to fall too far or slide of the edge.
  3. The shores are actually easier to get down to (going around the right side) as there is no invisible wall on this path. In contrast, getting to the plains requires you to go all the way around to the gate (where the wall invisible wall ends just short of the door). It isn't trivial, but it isn't speedrun difficulty either, and I have done it 3 different times for different release builds to avoid disappointing slime waifu and to unlock certain nephs/traits early.
  4. Once you are done exploring the new areas and collecting missions, just save and reload to return to the ranch, or if you have already unlocked the desert, you can just open the portal in that area instead.

TLDR - Just skyrim your way over the geography to break the fucky progression system.
I did it, I glitched into a new area! ^^

dusk2340

Oct 7, 2017
Did I soft lock myself by using the centaur's key to get to the dragon matron and then using that key to get to climax peak? I don't wanna take the slime's key until I can trade the pearl.
monarch should be in dragons peak and should help you open hive lands, so if you get a keystone from her then get the keystone from queen bee you should still be able to make it to the shore

Reactions: AutoDux

AutoDux

Apr 26, 2018
So my Sylvans stopped getting pregnant at all. Is this normal? Also, is the juicy perk common at all?

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes