Salva95O

Nov 2, 2021
I confirm everything, this does not mean that I hope the game is abandoned but I hope it makes the developer understand that we need to understand what is happening if he intends to continue updating the game or if he doesn't care anymore. The last time the abandoned tag was placed after many months of inactivity he showed up to say that the game was not abandoned and a few days later he published the user interface update with the promise of faster updates, obviously it wasn't like this and I, like many other users, need to understand what the fuck is happening

Reactions: MalkavsRustyBones

akaiku

Jan 30, 2024
if you want the editor to work to beat the pride quest, just change the lists.json file in the editor, line for me was 30, to this:
"Trait.Stat.Nymphomania.#":"-,1,2,3",

Reactions: TalRash4

Karack

Jan 19, 2022
Beside the fact that we got between 3 to 5 update a year wich is already a huge FU to everyone supporting this game. And Btw on patreon we still have "updated roughly every 1-2 weeks" tf .

The fact that he doesn't want any other dev working on the game because apparently " They will take advantage of me " rhetoric.

What really piss me off is the fact that Derelic doesn't communicate at all, we're not asking for much here, just a short update on what has been done what's the next steps once every 2 weeks that's all.
But no, nothing on patreon ; substar or on discord (maybe he talk on his private patreon discord channel idk).

Add to all that the huge amount of cash he's milking per month for bearly anything. Sheeeesh man !!

I needed to vent a bit. Have a good one :p

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
I think human offspring as a result of Breeding with the breeder should be an option. What do you guys think?
It's been stated that the player character is the last or only human for a lore reason so I doubt human offspring will ever be a thing.

Ergonomicsheep

Apr 25, 2022
It's a pity that the project is in this state, but maybe one day the original dev will get a bee in their bonnet and start making content again. It's still fun for what the game is in its unfinished state, but not "Support the dev for X a month in the hopes they will come back" fun.

It's the sad risk that Patreon carries, or any Early Access title. Sometimes it turns into a rose, other times it rots in the swamp. Maybe it will inspire someone else to make an equally ambitious project one day.

rocket1league

Dec 16, 2021
The dev has a history for releasing updates every 6 months or so.

The rules for the abandoned tag is no news for 3 months.

Now everybody is losing their minds lol

Reactions: GOSDEP

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah the fact that even on his Discord it's been from before November since he said anything, like, AT ALL, says it all. Very ironic that he kept keeping the project to himself not willing to have anyone else working on it but then end up abandon it. Always with lots of biases towards adding this or that and mocking players to not stand by his grindy as hell game.

The funny thing is that half of his reasoning for doing the XYZs he did was to avoid the drama that canceled Breeding Season which was the game that inspired him, and yet he with his insistance managed to bring this game to this state for neither wanting anyone to join but neither willing to work on it. Isn't that pretty much the same ending of sorts? His own personal struggles vs how the community kept supporting it cause they wanted something different or at least coherent and him constantly changing terms.... IDK honestly. I think that we're on a time were you have to be very mindful when you decide to buy or support a game developer or dev team cause in the end you either get messes like this or Cyberpunk and on the other hand you have games that truly care about their player base and release innovative masterpieces like Palworld.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
The dev has a history for releasing updates every 6 months or so.

The rules for the abandoned tag is no news for 3 months.

Now everybody is losing their minds lol
Yeah but not for staying dead silent even on Discord for longer than 3 months. And that's the current situation

Reactions: Suntec

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
It's the sad risk that Patreon carries, or any Early Access title. Sometimes it turns into a rose, other times it rots in the swamp. Maybe it will inspire someone else to make an equally ambitious project one day.
Problem is, in my experience, most projects actually end up abandoned, or at least its 50/50. Time will tell how many projects on average actually end up completing since Patreon funded projects is still a fairly new phenomenon.

I think the cause of so many abandoned projects is due to an inherent flaw with subscription funded games. That being; There is literally no real incentive for creators to actually complete their games. In fact, there is more of an incentive to not complete the project. That's why so many devs just keep going until they get bored and basically can't get themselves to work on the project any longer and just abandons the whole thing in the end, often times without even telling their supporters.

It makes sense tho, you receive money every month for developing a game but what happens when that game is complete and there is no more development going on? Most supporters will stop giving them money of course. You can try and start up a new project but what if lots of your supporters aren't really interested in that? At best, you keep most of your supporter and your income does not change, at worst, you loose a ton of money. Its litterally better, from a financial standpoint, to not complete games ever and prolong development for as long as humanely possible.

The only exception are for creators who plan to make their life career about creating adult games, they might be more inclined to build a good and reliable track-record for the longevity of their career. But vast majority of amateur devs don't plan on doing this forever.

Supporters are much more inclined to keep throwing money at the same project, even if development is extremely slow or non-existing, rather than supporting a new project due to a bias in the brain called the . I honestly wish this was more known among supporters and they start being more picky with whom they throw money at because its honestly disgusting how so many creators are taking advantage of this.

TL;DR: There are financial gains for devs to never complete games. That is why half, if not most, projects end up being abandoned and never finished. Devs are essentially taking advantage of supporters.

Last edited:

rocket1league

Dec 16, 2021
TL;DR: There are financial gains for devs to never complete games. That is why half, if not most, projects end up being abandoned and never finished. Devs are essentially taking advantage of supporters.
These games are way more lucrative than they should be. You can make one successful adult game, collect tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of several years while you work your primary job, dump those returns into your favorite investment bond, stocks, or index fund, then you are set for life.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes