Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
Excuse me, it's been a long time since I played and I can't find help about mechanics, like making a nephelym a vagrant. There is no help somewhere that explains UI and mechanics ?
You can pick only one neph out of each barn (via the barn interface) to set it as a vagrant.

Vagrants roam across the farm and have sex with each other (unless you make them male-only).

You, as a player, can have sex with them out there, whenever you wish.

Vagrant pregnancy is possible on random basis, if you mark the appropriate option in the game menu.

Reactions: Graymond

Lizst

Jan 7, 2018
Content
It's been awhile. The game is not dead, but development has slowed due to some real life issues.
  • Added: Essence requirements in the barn UI
  • Added: New dialogue for Emissary that explains Essence
  • Added: Dialogue options are now categorized where needed to provide more space
  • Fixed: Many bugs introduced in the last build

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
When i started a game with a male and then i go to the settings, after i go to "Others" in settings, the game crashed (every time):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2024-02-23_104119.png

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
is it possible to get pregnant or impregnate a NPC?
Just once. You need to feed Fern 100 times, wait till she has evolved to the 3rd stage, and then have sex with her.

There will be no pregnancy though, just an unusual offspring (another NPC).

Jun 10, 2018
Can't remember how to catch males as a male character, also incest patcher nor making a imma.degenerate file are working

Last edited:

STet

Apr 17, 2020
When i started a game with a male and then i go to the settings, after i go to "Others" in settings, the game crashed (every time):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 3379029
This is due to the fact that a language other than English was previously selected. Delete the Game.ini file located along the path: C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\OBF\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor, or open it with Notepad and change the value in it to "Language=0".

Reactions: Tomoushie

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Seems the updates slowed down a lot recently. Seeing rumors that the game's been abandoned, that true, or are there legit reasons for it?
Last I checked was a few months ago during the essence patch, and not much has changed it seems.

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
This is due to the fact that a language other than English was previously selected. Delete the Game.ini file located along the path: C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\OBF\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor, or open it with Notepad and change the value in it to "Language=0".
Thanks, it works !

arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
Seems the updates slowed down a lot recently. Seeing rumors that the game's been abandoned, that true, or are there legit reasons for it?
Last I checked was a few months ago during the essence patch, and not much has changed it seems.
This place automatically applies the abandoned tagged after a couple of months without an update.

Hellrider666

Aug 8, 2017
I've been documenting an attempt at brute-forcing the solution to essence here, since the information on the thread seemed unclear and contradictory.

This is what I know so far:
- Essence-level 1 for the most part requires you to breed in a single stat, that isn't occurring on the variant naturally. For most it needs a rank C, but some early Nephelym only need a D in Aptitude.
- Essence 2 requires you to breed in a rank 2 of a specific trait onto a nephelym. So far, I've found it takes traits that are non-cosmetic, and somehow " " with the nephelym, like having a higher rate of appearing. It seems that stats have just about no impact on the second tier.
- Essence level is tracked for each variant individually, including separate categories for male/female.
- The difference from essence is minuscule.

Rank 2 only gives you a minor increase in the chance of one extra stat being higher, and rank 3 allows you to find the trait you bred for in the wild, while giving an equally tiny stat-increase. You will still find plenty of straight E's, even at rank 3. I have not seen it unlock the more powerful breeding traits yet, which is a shame because those really matter now, since most variants don't have B-ranks available in the wild.

Also, for breeding traits, an unannounced change is that now you apparently can strengthen traits by breeding two individuals with the same trait together, but I have only managed to have it happen up to rank 2. With limited sample size, so far I have not made a rank 3 trait in +30 attempts, though there is potential that some mechanic is interfering with it, like for example inbreeding.

EDIT 3: Finally, there is some strong evidence found on the last two tiers. According to testing, Essence 4-upgrade requires you to simply provide a High Level Nephelym, 42 according to that post.

Essence 5-upgrade requires a Third-tier signature trait, same trait as the second rank.
Hello there, i'm completely new to the game, and genetics game overall.

Above is the "guide", but even with this, i'm lost :

In order to upgrade Essence level, what do I need to do ? Catch 2 Foxens with D Aptitude in the wild and then breed them together ? Waht if I don't have any with D Aptitude ?

Thanks in advance.

RockType

Oct 15, 2017
Hello there, i'm completely new to the game, and genetics game overall.

Above is the "guide", but even with this, i'm lost :

In order to upgrade Essence level, what do I need to do ? Catch 2 Foxens with D Aptitude in the wild and then breed them together ? Waht if I don't have any with D Aptitude ?

Thanks in advance.
I thought the most recent patch-notes said that they added an explanation for the Essence-tiers? I haven't actually played the current version so I can't tell.

Anyways, for Foxen essence 1, you only have to breed a Foxen with anything that has a D-or-higher in Apt. Breeding with another species just makes the chances of the offspring being Foxen 50%

Once you get one, if the system is the same as before, you can just turn it in.

Also, if you have already bought a Hybrid Hut, (or whetever it was called) some pairings will have a chance of being hybrid-species which... I can't remember if they count.

Either way, the essence-difference was pretty slight the last time I played, so decide for yourself if pursuing it is the most fun thing for you.

Hellrider666

Aug 8, 2017
I thought the most recent patch-notes said that they added an explanation for the Essence-tiers? I haven't actually played the current version so I can't tell.

Anyways, for Foxen essence 1, you only have to breed a Foxen with anything that has a D-or-higher in Apt. Breeding with another species just makes the chances of the offspring being Foxen 50%

Once you get one, if the system is the same as before, you can just turn it in.

Also, if you have already bought a Hybrid Hut, (or whetever it was called) some pairings will have a chance of being hybrid-species which... I can't remember if they count.

Either way, the essence-difference was pretty slight the last time I played, so decide for yourself if pursuing it is the most fun thing for you.
Thanks for your answer.

The thing is I don't have anything that has D in Apt. Is there a way to upgrade the letter for each trait ? Cause i've been trying to upgrade the letter (breeding 2 sames race with E in apt) but couldn't.

I've never seen neither foxen nor Vulwarg or Risu having D in apt.

Also, how can I upgrade letters for the 3 traits for the Breeder ?

femboytom

Jan 6, 2024
Thanks for your answer.

The thing is I don't have anything that has D in Apt. Is there a way to upgrade the letter for each trait ? Cause i've been trying to upgrade the letter (breeding 2 sames race with E in apt) but couldn't.

I used the wiki as a guide, it helped out a lot :)

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
This place automatically applies the abandoned tagged after a couple of months without an update.
Am aware, in fact 8 months is the usual cutoff point, but the tag applies only if official updates or activity of the developer cease in relation to the game. I'm asking if anyone who follows the development more closely can give details, because there hasn't been any significant update in relation to game mechanics since the essence update, and I don't follow the development close enough to see anything beyond the updates on here.

It's quite common that a game is effectively abandoned via irrelevant updates or developer posting on their Patreon or whatever in relation to the game, but the tag doesn't apply yet. So I want to know if this is one of those cases, because it would be a shame to see BOTN flop after becoming quite a remarkable game.

May 25, 2022
Thanks for your answer.

Hello! I am playing this game at the same time as you (roughly) and more or less at the same stage in the game!
Like the wiki says, Orcs have D or C aptitude, so you could get some orcs from the wild, also the Formurian (sharks)!
To turn them in, you have to go over to the emissary.

Hope this helps :)

Hellrider666

Aug 8, 2017
I used the wiki as a guide, it helped out a lot :)

Hello! I am playing this game at the same time as you (roughly) and more or less at the same stage in the game!
Like the wiki says, Orcs have D or C aptitude, so you could get some orcs from the wild, also the Formurian (sharks)!
To turn them in, you have to go over to the emissary.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

Gotta find the Orcs and the Sharks then, I've just discovered the Titans

• Red Heart
Reactions: femboytom

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
Can't remember how to catch males as a male character
You have to obtain fluids (milk and sperm) either by milking the caught nephs or purchasing from Camilla and Amber-Mae.
Then you can give appropriate fluids to wild nephelym (make sure you have the list of their preferences which can be found in the wiki). If there's a message that the neph "wants more", you catch it; otherwise it's wrong fluid.

incest patcher nor making a imma.degenerate file are working
Most likely, you have created a file named imma.degenerate.txt instead of imma.degenerate (check the file extension properly!) or placed it in the wrong folder.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I enjoy the easy going vibe the game has.
While I do enjoy a good bit of post hole digging and building fencing, I do like to relax with a game no0w and then.
Sometimes I like to go wild and shoot with a pew-pew spray 'n' pray.
Maybe I want to build a city.

But what I really like to do is relax.
BotN provokes no real aggression or stress, unless one counts the grind. Even then it's pleasant. Not meant to be hard, and I don't believe "difficulty" is really something that is associated with this title.
Well...

I do want to dissect what I just said there about difficulty. No, there are no 'Timed Hits,' or, 'Relex modes'. In this case it's mostly an RNG thing you have to try and push around, manipulate.
So, RNG...it's "Difficult" to win the Lottery, but it's easy to play.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes