nmm

Jun 12, 2017
Is there any way to increase read speed?
If you mean reading books in the library, there is a workaround, but it requires enabling the console and a little bit of work.

To enable console, make sure the game is not running, then go to the game folder and open renpy/common/00console.rpy with a text editor (notepad will work), and then search for "config.console = False" (without quotes) and change "False" to "True", then save and close the file. This will enable the in-game console by clicking Shift and the letter O simultaneously.

In the console, type: alltime then press Enter, then type: timeday_read, then press Enter. Doing so will display the current value of both variables.

alltime is a variable responsible for overall game time. every minute that passes adds 1 to this value.

timeday_read hovers between 0 and 5, depending on how many times you read any book (in the library). Setting it to 0 resets the counter.

What you need to do is to go to the library and make sure your current time is early enough to read any book five times before the library closes, then check alltime value (say it is equal to X) and memorize this value, then read any book five times, then set timeday_read to 0 and alltime to X, then repeat as desired.

Hint: In the console, you can type several commands in one line by separating each console command with a semicolon, so for example, you could type alltime=X;timeday_read=0 (where X is the value you want).

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
Is there something else with the Librarian? I've read all of the books and all I'm getting is a scene where she's up on some ladders and I see she's got a plug in

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
In the changelog for v0.98.5, among other things, we read
The motel has been updated, including an overnight meeting with the police.
Ahyone knows how to trigger this?
I went at the motel (alone, not with Ruby) and slept there again and again, but the only event triggered is the policeman having a blowjob from a prostitute, and it seems exactly the same already available in previous v0.98.5

Do I have to go to the motel with Ruby or what to see the new scene?

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
In the changelog for v0.98.5, among other things, we read

Ahyone knows how to trigger this?
I went at the motel (alone, not with Ruby) and slept there again and again, but the only event triggered is the policeman having a blowjob from a prostitute, and it seems exactly the same already available in previous v0.98.5

Do I have to go to the motel with Ruby or what to see the new scene?
the same happend to me as well, Unable to trigger the event, as well the new changeing clothes scene in the Cafe seems not to trigger.
We shall see how it goes with 0.99

GGFFTT_1

Dec 14, 2021
Since v0.98 I can't reach two things:
- Ruby is still with FP 1, I don't have her number, but I've made all available events including "2 bottles of vine"
- Teaching is not available at all - no VP in the university etc.

What could be wrong?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Teaching is not available at all - no VP in the university etc.
Seems to be removed, *It did lead nowhere anyway, but maybe some of the members which has more close contact with Kosmos can shed some light.
Ruby, FP 1? did you close her path by accident on the Wine drinking event? and what is with Tennis court? did you play tennis with her ?
*Edit: I didn't get it either that why I am asuming

TheRipper007

Apr 28, 2019
Could someone please upload a 100% save from the end of v0.98 (or it's beginning with the content of 0.1 - 0.97 included)?
I really don't want to start all over again and just using the "skip to latest content" option doesn't make that much sense to me, as the parameters are ridiculously low at the beginning.
Thanks!

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Could someone please upload a 100% save from the end of v0.98 (or it's beginning with the content of 0.1 - 0.97 included)?
I really don't want to start all over again and just using the "skip to latest content" option doesn't make that much sense to me, as the parameters are ridiculously low at the beginning.
Thanks!
1689785073331.png
that means that the Old saves don't work ! sorry good thing is that cheatmenu is integrated in the UI

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Thanks!
A save at the end of 0.98 is here (actually with that save you still have some dates with Ruby to do, but stats are high).

Saves of 0.97 and earlier don't work on 0.98 and later.

Reactions: TheRipper007

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Anyone other than me has issues after latest Windows update?

Yesterday v0.98 and v0.98.5 were working, then I updated Windows before going to sleep, and today v0.97 works but v0.98 and v0.98.5 dont. The exe starts (pinwheel spinning) and then aborts abruptly without even writing a proper error message in log.txt

--- EDIT: all what's in log.txt after the exe aborts is the following few lines:
Thu Jul 20 00:14:05 2023
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.08s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.77s
Loading error handling took 0.04s
Loading script took 7.37s

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Anyone other than me has issues after latest Windows update?

Yesterday v0.98 and v0.98.5 were working, then I updated Windows before going to sleep, and today v0.97 works but v0.98 and v0.98.5 dont. The exe starts (pinwheel spinning) and then aborts abruptly without even writing a proper error message in log.txt
You may want to check your Win defender settings seems that it is in quarentine or similar that happend to me with a different game as well
Edit: was curious and started the game again, and It happend to me as well, I tried to run it with admin rights and it worked.

Last edited:

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
You may want to check your Win defender settings seems that it is in quarentine or similar that happend to me with a different game as well
I've tried to add the exe to Windows Defender exclusions, then the whole base directory of the game, but the exe still aborts.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways :)

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Hello
Where or how do I find the room for the webcam studio.
Thanks
Guess Ill be the one to answer this one for ya. In my experience its somehow a random event. I havent forced it to trigger yet at least. When moving around the area where you can find Ashe and her secret room, then a scene will trigger where a dude with an axe offers you a key. That key can be used to unlock a door in the street next to Barbs home. From then its just about following the quest.

Best of luck to you..

Reactions: KingArthur101

nmm

Jun 12, 2017
Is there something else with the Librarian? I've read all of the books and all I'm getting is a scene where she's up on some ladders and I see she's got a plug in
This is probably the only scene, and seemingly it keeps resetting and repeating! Probably a bug.

Reactions: xapican

Helm_Holm

Dec 11, 2020
I cant get Rubys Number (after the 3Some Scene with Alex).
I cant play Tennis with her, caus she issent my Frind an in the Sportcenter i can only buy new Membership.
Anyone knows what to do?

GGFFTT_1

Dec 14, 2021
Seems to be removed, *It did lead nowhere anyway, but maybe some of the members which has more close contact with Kosmos can shed some light.
Ruby, FP 1? did you close her path by accident on the Wine drinking event? and what is with Tennis court? did you play tennis with her ?
*Edit: I didn't get it either that why I am asuming
I've made the Wine event with her and done all tasks. Also I've played tennis once and now when I'm trying to play with her is says "You should befriend more with Rubi first".

Bomber86

Modder
Feb 27, 2023
hey,
does anyone have a walkthrough or know where to get it? all that is needed is an overview of when, where and with whom an event is triggered (day, place and time). the hints are nice, but a listed overview would still be best.

3.50 star(s) 80 Votes