DoisacChopper

Mar 13, 2020
I think azar is very cute which leads me to say she's best so far but haven't interacted with all of the girls yet
as a side note hana and the mother always feel sus to me which is a shame

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Does Rags get completely removed from the game after you kill Illfang?
If you don't kill him then Raggs will shows up later.

Out of curiosity, which is the best girl so far for you guys?
I quite like the new naughty Hana

Btw i can now leave the memory lane after the revisit but it's still weird as i entered the memory lane through the journal in my house but choosing to leave i got teleported to the docks where the fortune teller stood only now she's gone :LOL: 33.jpg .

Reactions: rKnight

Sole

Aug 8, 2017
I got got curious about planescape and started playing it, so I haven't interacted with most of 3.6, as of now I'd say Azar she's cute when she's not completely ignoring you, I assume Hana is sofia from the prologue so that should count for somthing but like all the other girls I don't feel like I have a good grasp of her personality. Also yeah, mother seems super suspicious and Hana seems super brainwashed so...

Reactions: DoisacChopper

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Don't think Onyeka shown up yet for berserker so not much can say about her yet, and Rogue female one has yet been made it seems as Sangsue is side character for Rogue. So right now either Azer or Hana. Both Hatchy and Kaliska don;t have much yet.

Restia985

Jan 14, 2018
Can you not interact with the thief girl that was caught in the artisan’s village yet? The boy in the middle of the path keeps repeating the same line without moving

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
I got got curious about planescape and started playing it, so I haven't interacted with most of 3.6, as of now I'd say Azar she's cute when she's not completely ignoring you, I assume Hana is sofia from the prologue so that should count for somthing but like all the other girls I don't feel like I have a good grasp of her personality. Also yeah, mother seems super suspicious and Hana seems super brainwashed so...
Hana and Sophia are not related. Originally I had planned for a grown-up version of Sophia to pop-up in the DLC as a new girl, but I have way too much progress to make to be adding new girls. The DLC will be featuring a mission called "girls' night out", with only Hana and Kaliska (no MC involved). I'm actually having BLAM do the CG of it (foot kink artist, I'll put his talents to good use, his art is a perfect match for Kaliska).

Don't think Onyeka shown up yet for berserker so not much can say about her yet, and Rogue female one has yet been made it seems as Sangsue is side character for Rogue. So right now either Azer or Hana. Both Hatchy and Kaliska don;t have much yet.
I've actually been considering removing Onyeka entirely, or leaving her as a 2nd class girl for berserker, will see. Originally I had thought that the class girls have to be the same class as the MC, but in hindsight that doesn't make much sense, nor does it make for a good mechanical balance (as proven by the frail blood magus teaming up with even more frail Azar). In Onyeka's place I've been thinking of making a trap character, that the player can sissify over time (requiring testosterone builds that berserkers naturally start with).

Sangsue will never have a romance option in the base game. Rogue players can keep her as an assistant/little sister. If there ever is a sequel with a significant timeskip (at least 2 years or so) I might have her get kinky, but for now she's not mentally or physically developed enough to do that in good conscience, and it wouldn't make sense.

The rogue's "real" romance is actually having her art being done right now. She's a chinese vampire noble, and she can cast light magic (cyan and white being her primary colors). She will be covering femdom kinks, without going towards making the MC a trap (low testosterone but without raising estrogen). She will be retroactively added in 3.5's dungeon (the locked door at the final floor), along with some extra content for it.

If you don't kill him then Raggs will shows up later.
You have to meet him AND do his mini trust ritual for that to happen. I've recently added a line when meeting him for the first time, saying that since the player made it that far more humans might follow, so it's time for him to pack his things, which is what saves him.

Can you not interact with the thief girl that was caught in the artisan’s village yet? The boy in the middle of the path keeps repeating the same line without moving
Only as a rogue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mabodofu

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Another thing what has me curoious is what's the plans for blood mage and adventurer class in terms of minor side cotent, which way Berserker has boulders and such tat require their massive strenght to move and rogue has chests and certain looting to then.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Another thing what has me curoious is what's the plans for blood mage and adventurer class in terms of minor side cotent, which way Berserker has boulders and such tat require their massive strenght to move and rogue has chests and certain looting to then.
I was thinking of including a mini-game that only blood magi can solve, but it won't be done till version 4 gets released. For adventurers... Eeeh... Hm...

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Maybe give adventurers quests, cough fetch quests as inside joke, so they have more little quests to operate on. Have people see them are errand boy or babysitter.
There are quite a few of them around already.
Edit: Very evil blood magi will also end up "babysitting" Azar anyway.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
1: I think the inventory menus should start on "All" when first opened instead of Field, Axe, Shield, etc. Little weird to have to arrow down to see everything in each menu.

2: Memory Lane is a bit jarring on the accept/decline stuff. Gives you a long story you have to spam through if you don't want to read the description again, and then you're prone to accidentally refusing or accepting the perk. Could you set it so after it's read the first time, there's an option to just see the perk bonuses without the story (Or just an option to immediately avoid the story text)? The perk titles themselves don't really do much to explain the bonuses, easy to forget what they all do (Especially if you just had to spam through 10+ windows of story text). Getting Ocarina of Time flashbacks to when the owl would ask you if you need a refresher on the tutorial out of nowhere and you'd accidentally say "yes", lol.

3: The final message there should probably also show the bonus the perk gives, not more story text. The player will be comparing the bonus to another and it'd be best if you have a chance to look at it at the accept/refuse dialogue.

Good example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bad example:

4: The perks in general are probably available to the player too soon at the start of the game for how complex the game/combat system seems to be. It would probably be better to not make that available right at the start of the game. I really can't make a proper educated decision on which of these would be best. The player knows almost nothing about the world or how useful or detrimental most stats are at this point. I know you can save it for later, but this is probably still going to cause a lot of issues of people picking a bad perk early on because they want some bonus. Needing to show people damage formulas to explain things instead of having some reliable/simple foundation for how spells work is also kind of iffy.

5: So far there seems to be some issues with the game expecting the players to understand the game as well as you do as the dev. I hope you'll remember to try to think about how a player with no experience with your game will see/experience things. This is a pretty common thing, but it could become a major issue if the game is complex enough. Big difference between a game that doesn't hold your hand and a game that expects you to have dev level knowledge right off the bat. It's more than just in how the mechanics work in the game, it's also in how information is displayed or not displayed to the player. Memory Lane has a lot of issues with that for example. Basically the short version is the game should be more user/player friendly.

Dark Souls is a hard game, but nobody has any trouble understanding how to play it. Even the class selection screen gives you an idea of the kind of stat build a character using the chosen weapon might want to aim for. Sure as hell doesn't make the game easy, does it?

Stuff like that needs to be properly explained to the player. It doesn't always have to be in text, even just giving the player some experience with the game before you ask them to make a big choice can help. The perk system not being available until you've played for a couple hours would do wonders for it for example. The player would have a chance to level up to see how many stat points they can expect from that, they'll be able to check out shops/gear for an idea of how valuable resistances are, they might have time to try out relationships so they can see how detrimental penalties from perks could be to those, etc, etc. As it is now, you're basically making a blind leap picking a perk that early when it should be at least a mildly informed decision.

The difficulty should be in the gameplay, not in understanding how shit works, or fighting the ui or whatever. There's a time and place to fuck with the player, and a time and place to explain things to them properly.... so you can fuck with them without being unfair, lol.

Last edited:

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
1: I think the inventory menus should start on "All" when first opened instead of Field, Axe, Shield, etc. Little weird to have to arrow down to see everything in each menu.

2: Memory Lane is a bit jarring on the accept/decline stuff. Gives you a long story you have to spam through if you don't want to read the description again, and then you're prone to accidentally refusing or accepting the perk. Could you set it so after it's read the first time, there's an option to just see the perk bonuses without the story (Or just an option to immediately avoid the story text)? The perk titles themselves don't really do much to explain the bonuses, easy to forget what they all do (Especially if you just had to spam through 10+ windows of story text). Getting Ocarina of Time flashbacks to when the owl would ask you if you need a refresher on the tutorial out of nowhere and you'd accidentally say "yes", lol.

3: The final message there should probably also show the bonus the perk gives, not more story text. The player will be comparing the bonus to another and it'd be best if you have a chance to look at it at the accept/refuse dialogue.

Good example:
Bad example:

4: The perks in general are probably available to the player too soon at the start of the game for how complex the game/combat system seems to be. It would probably be better to not make that available right at the start of the game. I really can't make a proper educated decision on which of these would be best. The player knows almost nothing about the world or how useful or detrimental most stats are at this point. I know you can save it for later, but this is probably still going to cause a lot of issues of people picking a bad perk early on because they want some bonus. Needing to show people damage formulas to explain things instead of having some reliable/simple foundation for how spells work is also kind of iffy.

5: So far there seems to be some issues with the game expecting the players to understand the game as well as you do as the dev. I hope you'll remember to try to think about how a player with no experience with your game will see/experience things. This is a pretty common thing, but it could become a major issue if the game is complex enough. Big difference between a game that doesn't hold your hand and a game that expects you to have dev level knowledge right off the bat. It's more than just in how the mechanics work in the game, it's also in how information is displayed or not displayed to the player. Memory Lane has a lot of issues with that for example. Basically the short version is the game should be more user/player friendly.

Dark Souls is a hard game, but nobody has any trouble understanding how to play it. Even the class selection screen gives you an idea of the kind of stat build a character using the chosen weapon might want to aim for. Sure as hell doesn't make the game easy, does it?

Stuff like that needs to be properly explained to the player. It doesn't always have to be in text, even just giving the player some experience with the game before you ask them to make a big choice can help. The perk system not being available until you've played for a couple hours would do wonders for it for example. The player would have a chance to level up to see how many stat points they can expect from that, they'll be able to check out shops/gear for an idea of how valuable resistances are, they might have time to try out relationships so they can see how detrimental penalties from perks could be to those, etc, etc. As it is now, you're basically making a blind leap picking a perk that early when it should be at least a mildly informed decision.

The difficulty should be in the gameplay, not in understanding how shit works, or fighting the ui or whatever. There's a time and place to fuck with the player, and a time and place to explain things to them properly.... so you can fuck with them without being unfair, lol.
1)Good point, but not a priority atm. Might do it eventually.
2)You can just keep "Control" pressed to fast-skip dialogues, and you don't run the risk of accidentally pressing anything.
3)Fair enough, might change those next patch.
4)It's part of the basic character customization, which is one of my favourite things when I start RPGs. It's unlikely I will change it. As for damage formulas, I see too many RM games where you get almost no information about what exactly skills or states do. One of my priorities when making BR RPG was giving the player every bit of info, right from the get go.
5)Again, complexity in character creation is one of my favourite things to experience in games. I loved Fallout 2 thanks to its numerous choices in character creation (it's where I got the perk system from, only I removed the 2 perks limit Fallout 2 had). I understand it's not for everyone, but I'm also certain there are a lot of people who are really into it.

Actually Dark Souls was the single biggest inspiration for providing all the information to the player, because of how much I absolutely despised the lack of info in that franchise (I don't like Dark Souls in general.) For example knowledge that iframes can make you invulnerable during specific animations when it makes no sense that you'd not be hit. The fact that, Dexterity actually affects casting speed from 35 to 45 and not a single point above or below that. Or how are you supposed to guess how gear scales with upgrades? I had to keep bloody wikipedia charts open the entire time while playing DS 1 & 2 to make sure I was actually building my character as I wished, which is something I really didn't want folks experiencing in BR. I do understand the player might be flooded with information, but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of transparency.

The reason I expressly mention that "Memory Lane is revisitable" as soon as the player enters it for the first time is so the player feels no pressure to make decisions on the spot.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
1)Good point, but not a priority atm. Might do it eventually.
2)You can just keep "Control" pressed to fast-skip dialogues, and you don't run the risk of accidentally pressing anything.
3)Fair enough, might change those next patch.
4)It's part of the basic character customization, which is one of my favourite things when I start RPGs. It's unlikely I will change it. As for damage formulas, I see too many RM games where you get almost no information about what exactly skills or states do. One of my priorities when making BR RPG was giving the player every bit of info, right from the get go.
5)Again, complexity in character creation is one of my favourite things to experience in games. I loved Fallout 2 thanks to its numerous choices in character creation (it's where I got the perk system from, only I removed the 2 perks limit Fallout 2 had). I understand it's not for everyone, but I'm also certain there are a lot of people who are really into it.

Actually Dark Souls was the single biggest inspiration for providing all the information to the player, because of how much I absolutely despised the lack of info in that franchise (I don't like Dark Souls in general.) For example knowledge that iframes can make you invulnerable during specific animations when it makes no sense that you'd not be hit. The fact that, Dexterity actually affects casting speed from 35 to 45 and not a single point above or below that. Or how are you supposed to guess how gear scales with upgrades? I had to keep bloody wikipedia charts open the entire time while playing DS 1 & 2 to make sure I was actually building my character as I wished, which is something I really didn't want folks experiencing in BR. I do understand the player might be flooded with information, but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of transparency.

The reason I expressly mention that "Memory Lane is revisitable" as soon as the player enters it for the first time is so the player feels no pressure to make decisions on the spot.
I haven't played Fallout 2, but looking at the perks info, I notice some differences in your system that change things pretty drastically.

1: The perks are simple and easy to understand. Look at how they can all be summed up in a single sentence. Compare that to some of the perks in your game that needs a wall of text to explain what they do and have multiple effects and penalties all wrapped together.

2: The perks have level requirements. It does what I suggested your perk system should do and gates perks until you've had time to experience the game and learn about how useful the perk could be.

If you meant traits instead of perks, those things still apply to a slightly lesser degree as well. Still easier to understand for sure. Take a look through most those traits, especially the descriptions. Look at how precise they are and how well they explain all the traits. They often even give you an example of what kind of playstyle would benefit from those traits for the traits that aren't completely straightforward (Hell, even the names describe their benefits/penalties pretty well). for example: "By not paying attention to any threats, you can act a lot faster in a turn. This lowers your Armor Class to just what you are wearing, but you sequence much faster in a combat turn."

Even somebody that has no knowledge of the game can get a decent idea of how valuable those could be to certain types of playthroughs. Fallout also has the advantage of being made by a large company and being completed, so there's a level of assurance that each perk has some value. In this game that has yet to be fleshed out, that doesn't really exist yet to be frank. How many enemies deal lightning damage? How valuable is avoiding insanity? Who knows, not a new player, that's for sure.

Basically the tldr: You want a similar system, but your traits and game mechanics/systems are more complex, more difficult to understand, and you don't really give the player an idea of how useful the trait could be like Fallout does. Your game is very different from Fallout as well and would require various tweaks to get something similar with the same level of player/user friendliness I feel.

P.S: I'm a big fan of 3 and especially New Vegas btw, so I'm much more familiar with those systems.

Yeah, I know Dark Souls doesn't explain everything, but it also doesn't hinder your ability to play to not explain everything either. You mention the dex boosting casting speed and such but your average player doesn't even need to know that. Over time they'll learn about the invincibility frames too most likely or just play in a way where it isn't needed to rely on them. Dark Souls is like "Easy to play, difficult to master", which is different from this game feeling like "Difficult to play, ?? to master". Those things also aren't thrust at you in the form of a decision in the same way the perks here are. If the game made a big deal out of it in a similar way, I'd agree with ya.

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison I feel. 2D and 3D systems for rpgs generally need to be pretty different, especially when we're talking turn based vs real time combat. I definitely understand what you're going for, especially thanks to the Fallout comparison you mentioned though. I hope you can get that feel in your game because it is a cool system, just needs a little tlc to reach it imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: noted88

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
The advanced armor recipe description said it unlock "light vest". My smithing reach lvl 9 but still not be able to craft it. Is the crafting option for this item missing or it require higher smithing lv still? I'm curious since other items in this recipe require smithing lv 5 at most.

Reactions: rKnight

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
The advanced armor recipe description said it unlock "light vest". My smithing reach lvl 9 but still not be able to craft it. Is the crafting option for this item missing or it require higher smithing lv still? I'm curious since other items in this recipe require smithing lv 5 at most.
Not sure since L Vest requires lvl 3 or higher in smithing skill.

Reactions: sonhot
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes