JurnalEu

Aug 10, 2017
South Valley caves or other?
One of the caves in South Valley - south east cave in the corner. There is minotaur sitting near it. Immediately after entering the cave the fight with regular minotaur warrior begins, after which the game crashes

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
One of the caves in South Valley - south east cave in the corner. There is minotaur sitting near it. Immediately after entering the cave the fight with regular minotaur warrior begins, after which the game crashes
The problem probably lies with you continuing an autosave from that cave entrance. The data folder has been updated, but your save has recorded that event as having started in that autosave, so it will play it anyway. Do you have an earlier save? (even one just outside)

IHC

May 8, 2021
Since the dev himself is answering the questions, I would like to ask something too: What should I do after completing the Kobold quest and where should I go next? If you could, can you list out the dangerous level of each locations as well as places to go in order? Is it true that you could get locked out of some romance options depend on your chosen class?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Since the dev himself is answering the questions, I would like to ask something too: What should I do after completing the Kobold quest and where should I go next? If you could, can you list out the dangerous level of each locations as well as places to go in order? Is it true that you could get locked out of some romance options depend on your chosen class?
I'm only answering the strictly technical stuff. Spoiling my own game with a walkthrough doesn't sit right with me. And yeah, each class has an exclusive romance, and even for universal ones, some girls may simply not like your class and have you start at a lower romance level than normal (though this doesn't forbid you from romancing them).

IHC

May 8, 2021
I'm only answering the strictly technical stuff. Spoiling my own game with a walkthrough doesn't sit right with me. And yeah, each class has an exclusive romance, and even for universal ones, some girls may simply not like your class and have you start at a lower romance level than normal (though this doesn't forbid you from romancing them).
Damn guess I gotta see the walkthrough file then. It doesn't mean that I couldn't romance other girls but it will be harder right? Oh and btw thanks for replying so fast, didn't really expected that tbh. Overall a great game since it gives off a completely new vibe, not easy and casual as other rpg games but on a dark souls or bloodborne level.
Edit1: there isn't a guide or walkthrough in the game file, and the guide section in the main page is kinda old (2022) so a little insight about the locations would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Decent game, I like the dark fantasy feel of it.
I also see that dev don't give a fuck about being PC which is big + in my book.
I'm early in the game so far, but so far I don't think it's current rating is fair.

Reactions: sonhot

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Damn guess I gotta see the walkthrough file then. It doesn't mean that I couldn't romance other girls but it will be harder right? Oh and btw thanks for replying so fast, didn't really expected that tbh. Overall a great game since it gives off a completely new vibe, not easy and casual as other rpg games but on a dark souls or bloodborne level.
Edit1: there isn't a guide or walkthrough in the game file, and the guide section in the main page is kinda old (2022) so a little insight about the locations would be much appreciated.
If your character has high testosterone female npcs will like you more and react more positively. Play a high estrogen character if you want gay or femdom contents.
I always go west toward Black Cry after finishing the Konold business.

Reactions: Joyvankek

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
If your character has high testosterone female npcs will like you more and react more positively. Play a high estrogen character if you want gay or femdom contents.
I always go west toward Black Cry after finishing the Konold business.
Make sense.
Btw, how much my morality have influence over them?(Our possible romance interests)
Overall how much morality affect the gameplay and how world react to us?

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Make sense.
Btw, how much my morality have influence over them?(Our possible romance interests)
Overall how much morality affect the gameplay and how world react to us?
Do you mean the karma stat? Iirc last time i played, karma does have some influence over many things such as quests, skills, small events and whether priests would do business with you.

As for romance i'm not sure. But my guess is that some girls will like mc with either low or high karma more and some girls just don't care much.

southamerika

Sep 13, 2021
I am Japanese. I can only speak simple English, but I would like to know the route of azar after the update. I have made Hana my friend, defeated the minotaur and got to the school where azar is, but after that I can't progress. Do you need anything else? Or do I need to go somewhere?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
I am Japanese. I can only speak simple English, but I would like to know the route of azar after the update. I have made Hana my friend, defeated the minotaur and got to the school where azar is, but after that I can't progress. Do you need anything else? Or do I need to go somewhere?
You do meet her again a few times, but she doesn't have much major content yet. Her 1st big mission will be added in either the 2nd upcoming patch or the 3rd, depending on when the artist finishes her new CGs. (I have hired someone very special for it.)

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
I think, the game might be a little bit difficult for newcomers, especially when there are so many variables. Admittingly, the difficulties also make it interesting. Hey, developer, I would suggest adding gallery if not now, at least, when the game is finally finished. Otherwise, the ability to have more than 9 saves lol. I would personally like the ability to have unlimited saves cuz im a save fanatic baby! Anyway, thanks for the wonderful game and keep it up, man!

dragon 19

Mar 27, 2019
game wont play it says i have not got the player to play the game. i looked on the installation section and could not see anything about this and did a thread section for game stating problems and could not see anything there ever. i would appreciate some help all

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
game wont play it says i have not got the player to play the game. i looked on the installation section and could not see anything about this and did a thread section for game stating problems and could not see anything there ever. i would appreciate some help all
You're pressing on the wrong .exe file. Choose the one with the type "Application".

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
People keep complaining about grinding, but I have specifically made sure BR has zero grinding in it... Most encounters are skippable, and you don't earn exp or even gold from killing regular mobs.
Yes but don't you see the problem? It's not the EXP itself it's the structure. Let me give you an example, there's that quest in the first city where the old tavern owner asks you to kill rats in the basement. You'd think this would be easy enough, but no if you fight more than 2 rats you have a chance of just dying to them.

There's 2 reasons for this. Firstly the number of enemies that spawn each time is random, you could face 2 rats on one of the sprites the first time, but if you reload the game and go back to that same rat sprite, next time there are 3-4 or god-forbid 5. Enemies coming in under random numbers makes the combat extremely random and rng based, as especially if you didn't pick certain classes you'll still lose mot of your heath if you can't kill them fast enough, and that's even if you win in the first place.

Second is the dmg numbers, they are random. I'm not talking about critical hits, I'm talking base dmg. Yes you can get lucky and kill a mouse with a crit. But base dmg wise you can do say 1/3 of their health with one swing and then 1/2 of their base health the second swing. Why? Why make dmg rng based? it doesn't make the game more challenging, it just makes it so safe-logging is the only reliable solution to any encounter. Even Pokemon doesn't have damage swings from the high/low-rolls this bad.

When you put the two together it makes it so those encounters (which as you said grant 0 EX or GOLD) end up either killing you and/or draining your health and forcing you to spend GOLD to buy potions and heal.

If you aren't lucky, you essentially get into a steady decline of fighting random enemies, buying potions, and eventually running out of money and unable to heal yourself or do any quests, die.

Now because I'm not an asshole who is just complaining I want to give some constructive criticism with solutions. Firstly make every encounter have a set number so the player can know how many they will face. This doesn't have to be displayed like "There are 2 rats" or whatever, but make it so that if a player sees they fought 2 rats at this particular spot, next time they fight that same group they know there will be 2 rats so they can prepare.

Second is make base dmg do a set amount of dmg, not random rolls. If you hit for 450 on one hit, the next should do 450 at least. Crits can be a separate dmg calculator that deals a percent bonus from that base dmg. (This is also why those rng dmg rolls suck because as they are in the game right now you can get a crit on a low roll and do less dmg then you'd do on a high roll attack.)

And lastly MAKE enemies give exp and gold. it doesn't have to be a lot, but enough that players can reliably save enough to buy potions and stuff they need for quests. It doesn't have to be outright gold, maybe increase the price you get for selling meats or such? But make it so when a player kills a few enemies, they have enough to heal what they lost eventually.

This game looks like it could be great, but there are so many issues in the gameplay that drive it down. I hope you address and fix these issues.

(Also add some m/m stuff at some point, I saw a few scenes before but it would definitely help your game increase player freedom if they could. Besides if the world sees those relationships as taboo wouldn't that just make the scenes themselves more exciting? I don't see why you gave up on them.)

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Yes but don't you see the problem? It's not the EXP itself it's the structure. Let me give you an example, there's that quest in the first city where the old tavern owner asks you to kill rats in the basement. You'd think this would be easy enough, but no if you fight more than 2 rats you have a chance of just dying to them.

There's 2 reasons for this. Firstly the number of enemies that spawn each time is random, you could face 2 rats on one of the sprites the first time, but if you reload the game and go back to that same rat sprite, next time there are 3-4 or god-forbid 5. Enemies coming in under random numbers makes the combat extremely random and rng based, as especially if you didn't pick certain classes you'll still lose mot of your heath if you can't kill them fast enough, and that's even if you win in the first place.

Second is the dmg numbers, they are random. I'm not talking about critical hits, I'm talking base dmg. Yes you can get lucky and kill a mouse with a crit. But base dmg wise you can do say 1/3 of their health with one swing and then 1/2 of their base health the second swing. Why? Why make dmg rng based? it doesn't make the game more challenging, it just makes it so safe-logging is the only reliable solution to any encounter. Even Pokemon doesn't have damage swings from the high/low-rolls this bad.

When you put the two together it makes it so those encounters (which as you said grant 0 EX or GOLD) end up either killing you and/or draining your health and forcing you to spend GOLD to buy potions and heal.

If you aren't lucky, you essentially get into a steady decline of fighting random enemies, buying potions, and eventually running out of money and unable to heal yourself or do any quests, die.

Now because I'm not an asshole who is just complaining I want to give some constructive criticism with solutions. Firstly make every encounter have a set number so the player can know how many they will face. This doesn't have to be displayed like "There are 2 rats" or whatever, but make it so that if a player sees they fought 2 rats at this particular spot, next time they fight that same group they know there will be 2 rats so they can prepare.

Second is make base dmg do a set amount of dmg, not random rolls. If you hit for 450 on one hit, the next should do 450 at least. Crits can be a separate dmg calculator that deals a percent bonus from that base dmg. (This is also why those rng dmg rolls suck because as they are in the game right now you can get a crit on a low roll and do less dmg then you'd do on a high roll attack.)

And lastly MAKE enemies give exp and gold. it doesn't have to be a lot, but enough that players can reliably save enough to buy potions and stuff they need for quests. It doesn't have to be outright gold, maybe increase the price you get for selling meats or such? But make it so when a player kills a few enemies, they have enough to heal what they lost eventually.

This game looks like it could be great, but there are so many issues in the gameplay that drive it down. I hope you address and fix these issues.

(Also add some m/m stuff at some point, I saw a few scenes before but it would definitely help your game increase player freedom if they could. Besides if the world sees those relationships as taboo wouldn't that just make the scenes themselves more exciting? I don't see why you gave up on them.)
-Yyyeah... The max default number of rats in that basement is 2, for a healthy mind.
-The damage differences only manifest in the very early game due to the formula used (attacks have a -+ X variance to them, with X usually being 20<=X<=50). Later in the game it's pretty unnoticable.
-You can use crafting to make stuff with the items enemies drop, which you can sell, or at least use to heal yourself. You need to find the recipes first though.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
-Yyyeah... The max default number of rats in that basement is 2, for a healthy mind.
-The damage differences only manifest in the very early game due to the formula used (attacks have a -+ X variance to them, with X usually being 20<=X<=50). Later in the game it's pretty unnoticeable.
-You can use crafting to make stuff with the items enemies drop, which you can sell, or at least use to heal yourself. You need to find the recipes first though.
Yeah no, I can attest to there being 2-4 rats, it happened enough that I can't forget, it was basically a soft lock for that quest for me, I thought it'd be easy exp since grinding on boars wasn't doing anything but no, it's harder to kill rats than boars or wolves out of the gate. And that still doesn't solve the issue. All overworld fights follow this formula, wether you run into a sprite or just have wolves/boar appear for example, you may fight just 1, or maybe a horde. It makes every fight a coinflip, especially on lower levels, when you may not be able to face those fights.

I can't confirm or deny late game because I haven't reached that far (I think).

And yes there is crafting, but the problem is that too costs money which you need to sell a lot of shitty items to make money from (grinding) or risk a quest at low levels. (Which thanks to that dmg and random enemy number, is a coinflip).

But still you shouldn't justify the rng combat with late game fixes things, it's the early game that convinces players to get to that late game. If most people are put off by the combat at the start but are promised "it gets better", that's hardly an improvement when it could just stay consistent from the start. And I'm pretty sure everyone can understand the frustration of hitting an enemy for half health and thinking that next attack will kill, only for it to not kill, and the enemy does more dmg to you than the last turn.

I just think the combat needs changed, at least to a point where dmg is consistent enough for players to gauge whether they can win or not with what they have.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes