3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
not saying I agree or disagree with your opinion but it's better this way than going with that shitty plot that came out of nowhere
so in the end I'm thankful for that bad update ending up being a dream.
Dude just think of it this way. Waiting for months for an update only to later finding out that it was all a dream. That's a big fuck you to our face from the developer.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Dude just think of it this way. Waiting for months for an update only to later finding out that it was all a dream. That's a big fuck you to our face from the developer.
To be fair I think it wasn't supposed to be a dream but the update got very negative feedback from the fans so he decided to scrap that storyline. It still sucks because we could've advanced the story with other characters but it wasn't like the dev was purposely trying to piss off his fans.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
I get it , I understand but I prefer that big fuck you in our face than continuing with that crappy plot
but that's just me.
To be fair I think it wasn't supposed to be a dream but the update got very negative feedback from the fans so he decided to scrap that storyline. It still sucks because we could've advanced the story with other characters but it wasn't like the dev was purposely trying to piss off his fans.
I don't think so. He must have written the story before rendering it. Changing this important aspect of this game will mean changing most of the story.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I don't think so. He must have written the story before rendering it. Changing this important aspect of this game will mean changing most of the story.
changing a story that was not shown to us , just a small part of it , that received backlash (and that was normal) so.,.it shouldn't affect us
anyway , I for one am glad that the story was changed ..from that ..god awful plot (kidnappings murder etc etc) which did not fit wiith the former releases.
That's my stand on it and will not "debate" further :p
this is not meant with disrespect or anything like that, just saying for me it's kinda pointless to comment on it further on :p

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
No, it's not 65 relationships, It's better to think of the patch as 65 variations of dialogue changes as that's how it's written in the code. This type of patch is an prime example of the most tidiest way to maintain a patch...through dialogue variables. Dev should really reconsider as list will grow to to a very difficult size to manage extremely fast. But, that's sometimes the learning curve some need....the hardest road possible.
True enough. A lot of those variables in the incest patch indicate how one person addresses another under different circumstances, and is individualized for each relationship in both directions (father-to-daughter and daughter-to-father, i.e.). For instance, the last variable in the list is pD64 = "Mooooooooom" :ROFLMAO:

It's easy in the non-incest version where they're all just 'friend'. :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
True enough. A lot of those variables in the incest patch indicate how one person addresses another under different circumstances, and is individualized for each relationship in both directions (father-to-daughter and daughter-to-father, i.e.). For instance, the last variable in the list is pD64 = "Mooooooooom" :ROFLMAO:

It's easy in the non-incest version where they're all just 'friend'. :D
It truly is the one of the most tidiest and worst ways to instantiate a patch variable. There's more than one way to skin that cat, but one example of an efficient method is to boolean one variable (example patch = True and then use that 1) change character relationships as needed ( landlady, roommate, etc ) and in the script dialogue have snippets checking if patch is either True of False. Write out the dialogue rather than relying on a million variations of different variables Example:
Python:
if patch:
    player "I will don't worry, Mooooooom." # easily does away with pD64, etc with 0.5 seconds of typing
elif True:
    player "I will don't worry, Ms. Landlady."
It ain't rocket science, but like I said before, sometimes we all learn the hard way rather than sitting back and thinking things all the way through to completion. Every goal needs a complete action plan to reach it efficiently....winging it with "what works" at the moment can grow into an unmanageable monster quite rapidly (kind of like my first marriage, but I digress :) ). Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doing it like that would also be forbidden on Steam/Patreon because the game isn't allowed to contain forbidden assets - even if they are inaccessible without a patch.
Please refer to step 1. It's been done in over a thousand different projects successfully. Again, it's not rocket science, it's a very easy obstacle to overcome with minimal effort. I could easily give a full working example but was just making the point. Besides, I'm not coding for the next hour as it's time to eat some waffles!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Most are getting away with it but some games have also been banned for it. These rules are more strictly enforced on Steam it seems and Patreon probably doesn't actively check for it unless they want to get rid of someone.
Again, see step 1. Step 1 resolves the whole thing. There's no "getting away with it" when it's not even there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What do you mean by step 1?
Of course there is no problem if the game only contains allowed content and an "unofficial" patch adds (or replaces it with) forbidden stuff.
..1) change character relationships as needed ( landlady, roommate, etc ) ...
You can debate all you wish and/or defend the method that's currently being used. My point is that there's more than a handful of ways to patch 100% that are more efficient and less tedious, tried and true. You conveniently cherry-picked only one part of my point which was the boolean portion to call me out but the rest of the details are equally required. Have a good one.

Reactions: ohhaiguize

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Yeah, there are a lot of things here the dev needs to work on. The renders are very nice, but the story/dev/writing/scenes all need a LOT OF WORK.

1: stop with useless buttons. If there is only one option, dont use a button.
2: get someone good with English to proofread. Tired of you call a Mother "he" and so on.
3: stop the clickfest. every new image is a transition > new image > click required to show text > transition > new image > click required to show text, etc. Each image/dialog is 3 clicks. It should be one. Reduce the transitions between EACH IMAGE and whe you change the image, show the text. Dont require ANOTHER click to make the text appear. You already have enough extra clicks in all of the useless no choice buttons.
4: give better hints at what the options mean when you finally DO give choices. You offer 3-4 buttons and I frequently have no clue what each will do without trying each.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes