3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
This kind of implies that the mafia storyline was good, which it was not.
What? No! In the first couple of versions there was nothing like that and the game was just a corruption/school game and THAT was great!
The mafia part just came with the update with Luna and THAT was the only one. Then came massive community backlash and it was changes to "just a dream" There was a whole text about the matter from dev on the discord server.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
... Then came massive community backlash and....
Out of interest, blacklash on the dev's discord by paying customers or
the usual entitled outcry of non-backers complaining about stuff they pirate
on THIS VERY pirate site?

A lot of folks tend to ignore the fact that this a pirate board and
NOT the offical renpy / DAZ3D AVN community.

Also a lot of devs that have been active on this board have been driven
away by...lets just say overly entitled kiddy bullcrap as I don't want
to offend those faint-hearted little flowers or they might give me
a facepalm emote and thus ruin my day! ;)

Anywho I find it sad that parts of the community drive creators away with their behavior.

I rarely comment on stuff that I do not like about a VN as I go by
"if you do not have anything meaningful to say don't bother saying anything at all".
Saying that one personally does not like a certain thing for personal preferences
is not meaning full or constructive critisim.

But in this case I gotta openly admit that I am a bit confused about the latest update.
I am so because of the story progression. To me the MC having intercourse with Luna
seems premature or rather out of place at this early point in the story.

To me there was no built up. If one wanted to add sex scenes early in the story
the wife is the most logic partner for doing that. And / or the sister as the MC
and her seem to have past relationship in that direction.

And for me that would be a part of the story that I would have liked to been advanced
and also everything revolving around the school and the class.

Conquering the "tenants" and "best friend's tenants" usually is the price or goal at the end
and thus the Luna scene at this time of the story felt out of place for me.

Also I admit having skipped some dialogue but wasn't there earlier on talk about the sister
moving in with the MC because of her divorce? So why did the MC drive over to their house?

So I have to agree with some folk here saying that the story seems a bit all over the place.
But it could also be because we don't have the full story yet.
It could all make sense in 5 or 6 updates time.
And that's exaclty what I will do, sitting out a couple of updates.

Btw. the earlier Luna / Motel arc was not that bad. And I can understand that in the early parts
creation of their VN the dev had tons of different ideas and those changing as the VN started to
take shape and sometimes it's difficult to let go of a particular idea that you are really fond of.

I do not understand the outcry about it when it happend.

ANd it's not like everyone is happy now anyway, right?
Lesson in life: One can never ever please freaking everone.

Yup, more than 2 lines of text and thus impossible to handle for lot of folks nowadays.
Kinda sad too. Humanity is on the decline.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
It depends on how the criticism is communicated. Yes, there was some destructive criticism, but some people, including myself, tried to criticize constructively.

The problems that many had with the motel update:

1. the protagonist was established as more or less faithful (depending on the player's choices). In the Mafia update, he then jumped everything female that wasn't on the trees, namely a stranger in a restroom at a rest stop or gas station and a runaway on a drug trip.

2. the protagonist said about himself that he could handle small monsters. That was in the first version. In the Mafia update, he then punched his niece in the face with his clenched fist, if I'm not mistaken, after he could no longer stand her taunting (she was also on a bad drug trip).

3. the lack of decisions. In the entire update, there was no decision that mattered in any way. There were a few dialogue options, but they had no impact. Also, the events from points 1 and 2 happen regardless of what you choose. In the end, this update could have been a video clip and it wouldn't have made a difference.

4. the shot in the stomach: as already mentioned, assuming he survives this at all, would entail a rehabilitation period of a few months. From the psychological consequences that could take years to the end of his life (which in the worst case would be just a few minutes if our John Cena is unlucky) serious consequences (PTSD) and ensure that he can never do his job again. As I said, if he survives at all. In short, the dev has thereby taken his own protagonist out of the story. Without the chance that you as a reader and viewer can somehow act to avoid this.

5. If this mafia story was planned from the beginning, then it was simply poorly communicated. The rascal in me would call that misleading advertising, so to speak. In general, this mafia story was more irritating than anything else. If the dev wanted to make a mafia story, then he should have communicated it directly that way. Then everyone would have known what to expect and there would have been less scolding. In short, we have either a story that is not what it was advertised as or a dev who doesn't know where he wants to go with his story. Where I come from we have a saying: too many cooks spoil the broth. Especially since the advertised premise of this VN, as already listed by me before would have provided enough ideas for the plot without having to come up with a rather forced Mafia plot.

Imagine watching Lord of the Rings on blueray, for example, and in the middle of the film it's no longer Lord of the Rings but a Rosamunde Pilcher love story.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Anywho I find it sad that parts of the community drive creators away with their behavior.

"if you do not have anything meaningful to say don't bother saying anything at all".
Saying that one personally does not like a certain thing for personal preferences

But in this case I gotta openly admit that I am a bit confused about the latest update.
I am so because of the story progression. To me the MC having intercourse with Luna

the wife is the most logic partner for doing that. And / or the sister as the MC

And for me that would be a part of the story that I would have liked to been advanced

Conquering the "tenants" and "best friend's tenants" usually is the price or goal at the end

Also I admit having skipped some dialogue but wasn't there earlier on talk about the sister
moving in with the MC because of her divorce? So why did the MC drive over to their house?

So I have to agree with some folk here saying that the story seems a bit all over the place.

Btw. the earlier Luna / Motel arc was not that bad. And I can understand that in the early parts
creation of their VN the dev had tons of different ideas and those changing as the VN started to
take shape and sometimes it's difficult to let go of a particular idea that you are really fond of.

Yup, more than 2 lines of text and thus impossible to handle for lot of folks nowadays.
Judging by how fast his earnings on patreon have been dropping, I am pretty sure that the plebs weren't the only ones that weren't happy with the direction of the game.
imagem_2022-04-22_170311891.png

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020

Cant divide which group auf ppl ranted the most but the result was an explanation for the dev that the plan was something like a detective/noir story. This was -as seen in the first update with this idea- a 180° turn of the game. Maybe the idea was something like Breaking Bad but cmon.

MC already has PTSD from its last job... how tf should he master this kind of situation/life where his niece gots kidnapped from the mafia...

Like i said before: The first couple of updates where a school/family corruption game and it was great. If the game would have stayed like this it would have been a great success.

And assuming that a dev needs a lot of time for a story to wright and all, i can totally understand that its BS now, since the dev needed to shit out a whole new one out of nowhere in an instant to develope the game further.

Still sad what happend to the game tho.

Reactions: Mystermask

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Edit: Ah looks like I found 2 ,4, 6 , 8 9 and still counting of those faint-hearted little flowers already judging by the faceplams. ;)

Judging by....
Interesting tidbit. Thanks mate. Judging by that graph I think it's fair to assume
that the general part of the backers are not satisfied. As to why we could
only speculate but it most likely is that they do not like how certain things
went after their inital subscription.

Cant divide which g....
I agree that the mafia part did not correspond with the synopsis written on the first page.
And honestly those 2 settings would make for 2 good different games.
Even an honest upstanding teacher going down the mobster route out of circumstances
would make an interesting story but I guess that could have been introduced differently.

It depends on how the criticism is communicated. Yes, there was some destructive criticism, but some people, including myself, tried to criticize constructively.
.... Rosamunde Pilcher love story.
Well in the opening scenes with the therapist the MC would say that he'd feel no remorse
about having an affair or sex with a different woman, so I wouldn't say he was that faithful
to begin with.

But I have to be honest, it's so long since I played that particular update that I don't
remember everything about it.

But logic plot holes so big you could fit a semi truck through are not that much of a deal-breaker for me.

But I agree with you, the descritption on the first page reads differently.

And last thank you guys Dudlbert, Badjourasmix and MrLKX
for your elaborate answers. Seems like there are still some actual
human beings on here that are able to read and answer in a civilized manner
with full sentences and punctuation marks. (y) Faith restored.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020
The start of this game had a lot of potential.
Then we drove off into some side stories before even properly establishing the primary part of the original story, there's been what one school day? where there was introductions? I honestly don't even remember now. We just got shoved into the luna arc, which personally I don't have much interest in, her new look is just a complete wtf. It feels like those shows with a different director every episode.
Just stick to the original story for a few releases at least?

PreachyLocust

Apr 20, 2021
its like who ever made the first 2 updates, didn't make the rest of the game.

I really don't know how to can fuck this up so badly.
Preach! I really don't know what happened. This game had a lot of potential. Could have easily been a hit with a few dialogue improvements. You had a great premise, an MC with a past trauma, subjected to coming back to teaching in very particular circumstances which could derail the progress with the shrink. You had an interesting school/home dynamic in which you could choose to be a loving teacher/father/husband or go the disciplinary/corruption/blackmail route. Instead the story was derailed by a series of random, weird events like the kidnapping, the creepy lollipop girl or the chick that likes to hang around the school parking lot.

I wish the dev could just focus on a singular, coherent story instead of just presenting a random series of events. I haven't lost all hope yet though. This would be a project I'd love to support.

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
I wish the dev could just focus on a singular, coherent story instead of just presenting a random series of events. I haven't lost all hope yet though. This would be a project I'd love to support.
Yeah the whole side stories thing, not sure why developers think people want them to work on completely separate projects instead of focusing on one game, not to mention how disjointed the story itself is.

PreachyLocust

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah the whole side stories thing, not sure why developers think people want them to work on completely separate projects instead of focusing on one game, not to mention how disjointed the story itself is.
The thing is the twins side story was actually great. I really really liked it. And all the feedback I've read here regarding that piece of content appears to be similar. That one should be part of the main story. The others are doodoo though.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
At least focus of the story was correct this time. No gangsters, no MILF's, just lovely teens. Basically I liked the stories, but delivery was weak. Instead of usual talk about breast sizes and sex, we got weird sexual education. Ruby as a maid was great idea, just done bit weirdly. And Luna... Hair colour change was huge step backwards with her looks. Tattooes were already dimishing her beauty badly enough and now she became almost unrecognizable. And again, idea of rapefantasy and voyerism was good, but writing could have used some improvements.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes