3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Betisis this game looks good. Some scenes are "burnt" (too much luminosity) but it seems you corrected the issue in the following updates because then the renders looks quite fine in that aspect. Could you please tell us what DAZ model you used for Gabby? She looks really well done. I think the non-teen, adult models look much better than the others, you also always posed them in a perfect way. Some faces in the younger ones are a bit too much weird in my opinion, but that is a common problem among many games it seems.
You are doing great with the story, go on with your vision whatever it is regarding cheating, NTR and all the stuff the same people always complain about. The story has to be coherent with your vision not theirs. Please check more the English texts. There is probably a bug in the scene with the sister in the daughter's room, because you repeat the previous final scene if you chose to go on with her.

Much of the criticism this VN has received has been addressed factually.

The problem started with the Mafia update, which was made a side story because of the strong negative criticism.

What was the problem here?

No free decisions that had any kind of influence in any way. In the end, the whole update could have been made into a video clip and it would have effectively made no difference. For comparison, in the first update you had the option to flirt with your colleague in the teachers' lounge or not. In the update, he jumped every almost every female that was available - with the exception of his niece.

The slap the MC gave his niece, who was on a drug trip, for having too loose a mouth. The man is a teacher who in previous updates has said of himself "I have experience in there dealing with little monsters" - if that is his approach and unless I am greatly mistaken he works at a fairly elite school - he does that once to one of his students and the parents would sue his ass into the next century.

Then towards the end of the update he was shot and it's pretty obviously implied that it's a potentially fatal wound if the doctors don't get there fast enough. Not only was there again no option here to avoid this potential bad ending, effectively Betisis had written his own MC out of its own story with this decision. For even if MC survives the gunshot wound because the doctors should arrive in time, which is doubtful since the motel is relatively remote:

1. physical recovery from such a wound is several months to years, with rehabilitation until complete mobility is restored. And it is not guaranteed that no physical damage will remain.
2, The psychological consequences of such an injury can be even stable personalities unpleasant things like PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders and somatoform disorders.
3, The main character had started his job as a teacher 1-2 days before the gunshot injury and is directly out of work for at least several months. Not only does this have the likely consequence of the school looking for another teacher to fill the likely vacant position again, but we also have a discrepancy with a previously established side story, namely the one in which the MC rushes to the aid of the two twins and gives the girls' would-be fiancé or whatever he was going to be a good punch in the nose. We don't have any information when exactly this takes place, but: In later updates we learn that it must have happened sometime between 2 main updates and under no circumstances is someone with such a gunshot wound driving around in a car and giving someone a punch in the nose. He'll be lucky if he's not in an induced coma at the time and peeing in a bag.

Then we come to the update that followed the Mafia update and revealed it to be a nightmare:

Here we have a clearly noticeable drop in text quality, meaning punctuation, spelling and the like. Also, his wife is suddenly jealous about something and suspects MC of infidelity, even if he hasn't even flirted with a colleague due to our decisions. One can argue here that this was intentional in order to have a certain element of drama later on, but with regard to the drama around the VN, it would probably have been advisable to give an explanation for this somewhere earlier in the plot. Regarding the fact that the MC was suspected of having an affair with a student, it could have been established here in earlier updates that his wife has certain trust issues with her husband. One of several examples of how potential is wasted here.

From here on I can only refer to the comments of other users: In later updates, our Sir Hump-a-lot then suddenly had seemingly erectile problems with his wife, again completely without explanation and contrary to earlier updates where this was not a problem.

The problem that Betisis has is, among other things, that it tries to address too many people at once and to have too many ideas at once but no consistent thread for its own plot. If you have four people and everyone wants either a salad, a soup, a main course or a dessert you can't expect to do all that with one dish and satisfy everyone. You will have a disgusting mass that no one really likes.

Accordingly, I can't agree with your comment: If you go into an echo chamber and factual criticism is ignored, you end up with something like Ghostbusters 2016.

At the moment, Buried Desires has nothing that is really distinctive for me: Characters are relatively interchangeable apart from preferences that one or the other may have, the MC is at best boring and at worst absolutely unlikable and with the self-confidence of a mimosa, and some options that the backstory of the MC and the plot offer are ignored and instead topics are taken up that make you wonder: Ok, when are you all finally going to Oprah Winfrey?

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Much of the criticism this VN has received has been addressed factually.

The problem started with the Mafia update, which was made a side story because of the strong negative criticism.

What was the problem here?

No free decisions that had any kind of influence in any way. In the end, the whole update could have been made into a video clip and it would have effectively made no difference. For comparison, in the first update you had the option to flirt with your colleague in the teachers' lounge or not. In the update, he jumped every almost every female that was available - with the exception of his niece.

The slap the MC gave his niece, who was on a drug trip, for having too loose a mouth. The man is a teacher who in previous updates has said of himself "I have experience in there dealing with little monsters" - if that is his approach and unless I am greatly mistaken he works at a fairly elite school - he does that once to one of his students and the parents would sue his ass into the next century.

Then towards the end of the update he was shot and it's pretty obviously implied that it's a potentially fatal wound if the doctors don't get there fast enough. Not only was there again no option here to avoid this potential bad ending, effectively Betisis had written his own MC out of its own story with this decision. For even if MC survives the gunshot wound because the doctors should arrive in time, which is doubtful since the motel is relatively remote:

1. physical recovery from such a wound is several months to years, with rehabilitation until complete mobility is restored. And it is not guaranteed that no physical damage will remain.
2, The psychological consequences of such an injury can be even stable personalities unpleasant things like PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders and somatoform disorders.
3, The main character had started his job as a teacher 1-2 days before the gunshot injury and is directly out of work for at least several months. Not only does this have the likely consequence of the school looking for another teacher to fill the likely vacant position again, but we also have a discrepancy with a previously established side story, namely the one in which the MC rushes to the aid of the two twins and gives the girls' would-be fiancé or whatever he was going to be a good punch in the nose. We don't have any information when exactly this takes place, but: In later updates we learn that it must have happened sometime between 2 main updates and under no circumstances is someone with such a gunshot wound driving around in a car and giving someone a punch in the nose. He'll be lucky if he's not in an induced coma at the time and peeing in a bag.

Then we come to the update that followed the Mafia update and revealed it to be a nightmare:

Here we have a clearly noticeable drop in text quality, meaning punctuation, spelling and the like. Also, his wife is suddenly jealous about something and suspects MC of infidelity, even if he hasn't even flirted with a colleague due to our decisions. One can argue here that this was intentional in order to have a certain element of drama later on, but with regard to the drama around the VN, it would probably have been advisable to give an explanation for this somewhere earlier in the plot. Regarding the fact that the MC was suspected of having an affair with a student, it could have been established here in earlier updates that his wife has certain trust issues with her husband. One of several examples of how potential is wasted here.

From here on I can only refer to the comments of other users: In later updates, our Sir Hump-a-lot then suddenly had seemingly erectile problems with his wife, again completely without explanation and contrary to earlier updates where this was not a problem.

The problem that Betisis has is, among other things, that it tries to address too many people at once and to have too many ideas at once but no consistent thread for its own plot. If you have four people and everyone wants either a salad, a soup, a main course or a dessert you can't expect to do all that with one dish and satisfy everyone. You will have a disgusting mass that no one really likes.

Accordingly, I can't agree with your comment: If you go into an echo chamber and factual criticism is ignored, you end up with something like Ghostbusters 2016.

At the moment, Buried Desires has nothing that is really distinctive for me: Characters are relatively interchangeable apart from preferences that one or the other may have, the MC is at best boring and at worst absolutely unlikable and with the self-confidence of a mimosa, and some options that the backstory of the MC and the plot offer are ignored and instead topics are taken up that make you wonder: Ok, when are you all finally going to Oprah Winfrey?
Maybe I was not clear in my comment, but I referred to him being free to explore themes like infidelity or sharing or plot twists, not refusing constructive critics about plot holes or incoherent stories. I am all for useful feedback but some people simply refuse or protest if a theme is in a game, so practically asking every game developer to accommodate to their taste.
The changes you listed are related to quality improvements more than censoring a thematic.

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Now I ask, if he puts an ntr at this point, do you think he will be able to save his game? Or will he sink it for good? Let's face it, the problem with this game is the story, not the fetishes. He knows how to make animations, he has good models, what he needs is to clean up this mess that he turned the game into. Adding something like NTR or sharing at this point, I don't think is a very practical idea. Not to mention that he may lose many of his supporters.
I make it very clear, the game is his, he does what he wants, but that he is prepared to face the consequences, be they good or bad.
I've tried contacting him on Discord, but he doesn't respond. I wanted to be a supporter, but not sure what I'm going to find in front of me, I can't.
It seems NTR or sharing could really fit the game because you can make MC cheat a lot, so the wife is already cucked. Everything seem to lead to a wife's revenge if you make the wrong choices. If a theme is well implemented in a story I don't see why avoid it. The only issue should be the quality of the narration.

Dec 8, 2020
Maybe I was not clear in my comment, but I referred to him being free to explore themes like infidelity or sharing or plot twists, not refusing constructive critics about plot holes or incoherent stories. I am all for useful feedback but some people simply refuse or protest if a theme is in a game, so practically asking every game developer to accommodate to their taste.
The changes you listed are related to quality improvements more than censoring a thematic.
And what is the difference in you asking to add NTR. You are just as bad Ntr /Sharing is not a part of this game and not hinted at so you are the one trying to change the story to add ntr Manipulative and hiding it in a complement. So it is dev do what you want but add ntr.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
I think there is already sharing going to be in the game with the older daughter and her girlfriend or whatever she is as you get two options walk in on them or let them be. I think one option will open a him only route and other one the old daughter will have a relationship with the girl as well route. For me I have no problem if she has a relationship with the girl.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He's working on the story, I hope he can do something cool. But most importantly, we're going to have a lot of action with Ruby in the next update. (one of my previous comments)
I really hope it gets better with the next updates. I thought since the first release that this game had a lot of potential, and even though I have criticized the direction of the story, I would love to see this game succeed.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I really hope it gets better with the next updates. I thought since the first release that this game had a lot of potential, and even though I have criticized the direction of the story, I would love to see this game succeed.
Understandable, I mean let's face it, the story went all over the place, and made zero sense, and he was just banging randoms all the time and there was nothing in it like was portrayed in the beginning.
Fingers crossed it gets back on track.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I wish Betisis well, but I also wish they were better with criticism. I get that it was harsh (IMO it was 100% deserved) but I really want to know what they was thinking? If there is one single moment in ANY game's development that I would like to know about it's this. This is the JFK magic bullet for me. The fact that he's turtling up from criticism makes it hard for him answer that question. What happened with the direction of the game and why did he lead people on about where it was going? The first two updates were these beautifully constructed scenarios with family and love. Then it instantly became unrecognizable.

I'm glad the game is currently going "back to its roots" but I would still like to know why? Did a mind eating amoeba tell them it was a good idea? Regardless, if in the worst timeline where we all fell in love with this direction, How long would it take to come back to the happy-go-lucky family portion? Would the first part be completely arbitrary to the direction he was going? Would the MC wake up with 6 months passed and his teaching job is in the trash. What was the point of introducing the students at the school then? Why do this whole thing with Psychiatrist if there was never any intention in dealing with it.

Ahhhhh! I'm rambling. If Betisis is reading this, don't see why you would, I wish you luck on your project and hope that one day you can talk to us earnestly about the direction. THEN, I would be willing to check out your game after this about Mafias, young girl punching and having sex with random bimbos in a public toilet :p

Reactions: Mystermask

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi. I just discover this game. What are the change in direction of the story are you talking about? Is it good or bad? I want to know before invest time in it.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Hi. I just discover this game. What are the change in direction of the story are you talking about? Is it good or bad? I want to know before invest time in it.
The change in direction referred to here was met with so much consistent criticism across the board that it's been removed from the game, so no need to worry in that regard.

As a result though, there hasn't been a whole lot of content added to the game since, as fixing/recovering from that dumpster fire took a great deal of time lol.

The game objectively has a lot of potential, but there's not enough there yet from what I can tell to say whether or not it's recommendable just yet. That said, you may as well give it a go - the set up is not just competently done, it leave you hopeful and excited for future content. This is part of why the backlash was so strong: because the set up was executed so well.

And now that that bizarre 'change of direction' mentioned before has been removed, you can enjoy it without colossal whiplash.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The change in direction referred to here was met with so much consistent criticism across the board that it's been removed from the game, so no need to worry in that regard.

As a result though, there hasn't been a whole lot of content added to the game since, as fixing/recovering from that dumpster fire took a great deal of time lol.

The game objectively has a lot of potential, but there's not enough there yet from what I can tell to say whether or not it's recommendable just yet. That said, you may as well give it a go - the set up is not just competently done, it leave you hopeful and excited for future content. This is part of why the backlash was so strong: because the set up was executed so well.

And now that that bizarre 'change of direction' mentioned before has been removed, you can enjoy it without colossal whiplash.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious though. Can you tell me without spoil the story. What are the change that cause the backlash?

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the info. I'm curious though. Can you tell me without spoil the story. What are the change that cause the backlash?
Hm.. I can give it a go, sure.

A set up in which a not so holy teacher goes to an all girl school and is tasked specifically for the express purpose of establishing discipline and order in the girls there (sounds nice right) suddenly and inextricably finds himself in the middle of a bad 80s action flick.

Mystermask

Feb 14, 2020

A set up in which a not so holy teacher goes to an all girl school and is tasked specifically for the express purpose of establishing discipline and order in the girls there (sounds nice right) suddenly and inextricably finds himself in the middle of a bad 80s action flick.
I would add "with all the implication and the plot from the begining throwed in the bin", but yeah, that pretty much summerize it.

Glad it got change.

Reactions: NukaCola and Mograx

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017

So the change in the direction is this part? "inextricably finds himself in the middle of a bad 80s action flick". I'm playing it now and currently at the part where the boss guy invite the MC to dinner. From what you described, I guess he got drag into some mafia/gangster story? If that was the case then yeah. I can see why it cause strong backlash.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
So the change in the direction is this part? "inextricably finds himself in the middle of a bad 80s action flick". I'm playing it now and currently at the part where the boss guy invite the MC to dinner. From what you described, I guess he got drag into some mafia/gangster story? If that was the case then yeah. I can see why it cause strong backlash.
It was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mystermask

Feb 14, 2020
Well, a plot when you suddenly get mugged by the mafia could be done well and would not suffer that much backlash imo. It was more the sudden slap into your niece face that was a problem since he was supposed to be an expert teacher(hence throwing the begining into the bin), and the forced sexual intercourse with a meth-whore (both things that got changed fortunately) that was the problem.

There is still some things left from the removal of these parts that need to be reworked like being forced to tell your wife that you cheated on here later into this last version even if you didn't and played the faithfull path. I really hope that the next version put the game back on the track and these plot holes will be removed, hopefully.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 89 Votes