3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I wish Betisis well, but I also wish they were better with criticism. I get that it was harsh (IMO it was 100% deserved) but I really want to know what they was thinking? If there is one single moment in ANY game's development that I would like to know about it's this. This is the JFK magic bullet for me. The fact that he's turtling up from criticism makes it hard for him answer that question. What happened with the direction of the game and why did he lead people on about where it was going? The first two updates were these beautifully constructed scenarios with family and love. Then it instantly became unrecognizable.

I'm glad the game is currently going "back to its roots" but I would still like to know why? Did a mind eating amoeba tell them it was a good idea? Regardless, if in the worst timeline where we all fell in love with this direction, How long would it take to come back to the happy-go-lucky family portion? Would the first part be completely arbitrary to the direction he was going? Would the MC wake up with 6 months passed and his teaching job is in the trash. What was the point of introducing the students at the school then? Why do this whole thing with Psychiatrist if there was never any intention in dealing with it.

Ahhhhh! I'm rambling. If Betisis is reading this, don't see why you would, I wish you luck on your project and hope that one day you can talk to us earnestly about the direction. THEN, I would be willing to check out your game after this about Mafias, young girl punching and having sex with random bimbos in a public toilet :p
That's asking a lot from this dev. They are among the worst I've seen when it comes to communication and updates. 99% of their posts are "Quick peek in game renders #random number". There is not taking criticism well and then there is crawling under a rock with your tail between your legs. That and they wouldn't have to "fix" the issues if they had a planned story. From what I've seen they don't have that though. They just poke and hope and then you are left with what we have now.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think the dev's problem generally looks like this, from my personal perspective as someone who is relatively creative on the road myself.

Too much at once: The dev tries to do too much at once and take as many people with him as possible. Where I come from there is this idiom: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

The Timeline: As already mentioned, the timeline is a bit of a mess so far. I've talked about the bullet wound often enough and I don't think anyone wants to read it anymore. I think a timeline with dates and events in his history would help him a lot. The dev wouldn't even have to publish this but as his own help. Also some research for certain things can't hurt, other than the gunshot wound.

I also think it would help the dev to get people on board who would be more critical of his work. I don't know the dev enough to judge him, but a lot of people can't handle criticism, even if it's presented in a purely factual way, and either get defensive-trotsy and say to themselves now more than ever, or go into hiding and bury their heads in the sand.

In my D&D group we are two core DMs. I've felt it myself in the last few months, our second DM has too, and even people like Matt Mercer struggle with it: creative work can burn you out incredibly fast and hard, and depression and other mental health issues can happen very quickly when you've burned yourself out, and in the worst case scenario it can lead to some kind of problems. And I would argue that it makes no difference whether you play D&D or create a VN. For me personally, it was a little helpful to take a break for a few months. Am I over the hill again in the meantime? I don't think so, but at least I'm back to the point where I can work on the stuff for 1-2 hours every day.

What to think about the preview image of post #2890. We don't know yet how it will look after the revision, but here's my impression:

The location looks like ne kind of spa or resort to me. What I just have to ask myself again: Does our protagonist really have time for something like this?

If we go purely by the optics, then this VN is on a very high level. However, I agree with the article that the dev should communicate more. As I said, it's not always easy to deal with criticism, especially if it's not helpful, however, I think such exchanges can only help to get a different perspective.

Last but not least, I think that as a newbie somewhere, be it VN or D&D adventures, you should not set yourself the goal of creating a legendary epic. For learning the basics, like pacing the story, I think standard is easier and better. The standard premise had provided enough ideas.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Is the side story canon? Like the twin and Luna story?
The twin story is supposed to be canon but a bit in the future, the Luna story was a regular update until everyone told the Dev it was shit and ruined the game so he scrapped it and made it a non-canon side story.

Reactions: NukaCola

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The twin story is supposed to be canon but a bit in the future, the Luna story was a regular update until everyone told the Dev it was shit and ruined the game so he scrapped it and made it a non-canon side story.
Is The twin story still being updated or that is the end?

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
You are a developer what would you do:

A. I would continue developing the game as planned
B. I would continue to develop the game, but follow the feedback from the players
C. I do not pay attention to the players and release DLC that no one asked for, but I do it so that the DLC gets mixed up with the saves of the main plot, messing them up, then I add random characters to the main plot because I run out of ideas

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Predatorx7

Dec 25, 2021
I put the patch here in the "game" folder. but I feel that the patch is not working... more than half of the image on the first page of the gallery is locked and also it seems to me that some scenes have been cut out.. For example when it's Christmas and there is a scene where Emma is with a girl in her room and it looks like she he wants to kiss Emma and suddenly there is a cut and the girl leaves...

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
You are a developer what would you do:

A. I would continue developing the game as planned
B. I would continue to develop the game, but follow the feedback from the players
C. I do not pay attention to the players and release DLC that no one asked for, but I do it so that the DLC gets mixed up with the saves of the main plot, messing them up, then I add random characters to the main plot because I run out of ideas

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A developer should create the story they want to create, it might be good, it might be shit, but it has to be better than what they'd produce trying to please "everyone" (like that's possible).

The man who has never made a mistake has never made an attempt.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My impression is that the dev already has the problem with the too many to please which then leads us to all the updates after the MC was struck down by his niece. He had a plot that offered enough material.

Reactions: Tatsuya25

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Is there any lesbian/Bi content? And if so is it avoidable?
The only scene I remember with girl on girl (but no actual lesbian sex) is Claire playing with and sucking on Nora's boobs, and IIRC it's not avoidable, but it's been a while, so I could be wrong

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
This is game is all over the place it feels like they skipping time
You are at your job for 2 days and it is like you are taking too long to get results.
Then it jumps to xmas
Then it jumps to each of the girls
Then it jumps back to the Player who is visiting his sisters house.
That is why it feels like time is being skipped.
Everything needs to flow a lot better

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
The only scene I remember with girl on girl (but no actual lesbian sex) is Claire playing with and sucking on Nora's boobs, and IIRC it's not avoidable, but it's been a while, so I could be wrong
That is the only scene I saw with anything that comes close to girl on girl

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Is there sharing in the game? i read some older comments saying there will be or is sharing. if so i'm out i don't share my pussy lol. ffm 3some with MC is ok but no other dick in Li. also if there is why no swinging tag?

• Angry
Reactions: jinxw1 and tazaaron

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Is there sharing in the game? i read some older comments saying there will be or is sharing. if so i'm out i don't share my pussy lol. ffm 3some with MC is ok but no other dick in Li. also if there is why no swinging tag?
There is no tag because there is no sharing or swinging. The plot of this game shifts, and it is unclear where it will end up. So far the plot has hinted at family corruption with MC also being a perverted teacher, but then it shifted to a mafia style game, then that was dropped after fan backlash and became a side story, and it seemed headed back toward family in the last update. Through all of that, there was no sharing.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes