3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
At risk of getting yelled at because I'm not sure where to go with these questions and because Ruby is the best girl I'll put them here.
I'm willing to throw some money at the creator but
1. I ain't interested in rent seeking I'm willing to throw down $100 or so but want to do it all at once not $10 a month.
2. I aint putting my credit card info on the internet any more, too many problems. I am willing to get a Visa gift card and use that is that a feasible solution?
If this is the wrong place to be asking these questions call me a dumbass and point me to the right place for them.
hmm in theory this should be possible but has some limitations. i am not shure if patreon accepts prepaid cards but maybe with a new paypal account with only a limited sum it should work. the downside after the money i gone the subsribtion will run out and there will not be a new update exept the dev put it so that even past subscribers get the new version but that can i think only answer someone who subscribed before.
but the biggest problem with this is the long intervalls betwen updats if you have to pay monthly but only every 4-5 month an update is releast you will waste a lot of money. so better yust make a paypal account and only sub when a new version is released or if you only want to support him and are ok with getting later updates from here sub to one of the higer tiers one time.
I think patreon tos should tell if prepaid cards get accepted.

Reactions: CircaAD and 0tt0von

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
hmm in theory this should be possible but has some limitations. i am not shure if patreon accepts prepaid cards but maybe with a new paypal account with only a limited sum it should work. the downside after the money i gone the subsribtion will run out and there will not be a new update exept the dev put it so that even past subscribers get the new version but that can i think only answer someone who subscribed before.
but the biggest problem with this is the long intervalls betwen updats if you have to pay monthly but only every 4-5 month an update is releast you will waste a lot of money. so better yust make a paypal account and only sub when a new version is released or if you only want to support him and are ok with getting later updates from here sub to one of the higer tiers one time.
I think patreon tos should tell if prepaid cards get accepted.
Thank you for the info, I'll see what I can figure out don't wanna derail the thread more than I already have.

EridianX

Jul 24, 2018
It's an interesting idea for a story and so far it's not bad, but god i wish someone would have proof read things beforehand. Like it's understandable, but sometimes i have to re-read things to get what the hell is being said. Just the structure is off sometimes in sentences. Others the lack of punctuation and shit makes it hard to know if something is a question, statement, etc. And then others i think they meant to straight up say something different. Like a few times the word why was used when i think they meant something like what instead. At least it would have made sense a couple of times. So not a huge deal, but a good proof reading and restructure of dialogue would go a long way to improving the entire thing overall. And it would be relatively easy to do, since it's not unreadable or anything in it's current state.

A good example would be a line that stuck out to me earlier. it says: Okaay what is this sentence? This is how to make a roam a couch for myself. Like that one line is a perfect example of what i mean, and is kind of funny as it starts out saying what is this sentence lol. It should just be something like : And that's how you make room on the couch. And that's it. The entire: okay what is this sentence? is not needed and the rest is just broken and misspelled.

Last edited:

Sanholo45

Jan 5, 2021
Like others on here I am having trouble running this on mac. I have tried both PC ang mac versions and i launch using renpy launcer v 8.0.3. I have patched it using latest patch version and loaded the shoddy multi mod including the optional files.
It will open to the main menu but as soon as i try to enter an mc name the game crahes and i get the following message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback

File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show

File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 569, in execute
init -500 screen say(who, what):
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 572, in execute
window:
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 591, in execute
if persistent.say_window_alpha < 0.6:
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 591, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
File "scripts/script.rpyc", line 68, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "scripts/script.rpyc", line 68, in script
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 891, in execute
statement_name("say")
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 47, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback

File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show

File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2798, in do_with
return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/Applications/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 572, in execute
window:
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 591, in execute
File "game/ShaddyMod/ShaddyScreens.rpy", line 591, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'float'

macOS-10.13.6-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Buried Desires 0.45
Mon Mar 20 00:31:10 2023

Without the multi mod it seems that it will run. So any other mac users struggling should download renpy and use it to launch the game. and not use the shaddy mod

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
So I'd like to get everyone opinion of what difference's they noticed between the love route and dominance route. Because so far I'm getting mixed reviews stating that there really is no difference. I'm the kind of player that usual goes the the love route or harem route, but the point of the game make's it like the MC need to be more dominate in his personal life as to not be disrespected or guiding his daughter to a better path at home. And in some games the dominance thing only really work on certain character. I'm sure your going to need to be more dominate with the school girls but I'm wondering more about the effects of it in his home and whether I should use it or not.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Does Janet or can we rid of her? Pardon my lack of knownledge but what is loli?
Perhaps it is a reference to the old Schoolhouse Rock segment on adverbs.
"Lolli, Lolli, Lolli! Get your adverbs here!"
Or it is another of those borrowed words from Japanese Manga/Anime/AVN culture (which was a borrowed word from the novel by Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita.

From Urban Dictionary:
1. Loli - Young girl/Young-looking girl; age neutral; SFW by default. Its also used to describe a body type, age is ignored.

On the other hand, this site defines Loli as:

• Loli [Girls with undeveloped bodies in sexual situations. Read rule 7.]
And Rule 7 states:

Content (a game, image, video, story, animation, etc.) depicting nudity or sexualization or sexual/erotic activity involving prepubescent character(s) is prohibited. A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character. 2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably. As this involves some discretion, if you are unsure ask a Staff Member.

Interesting. Rule 7 apparently doesn't prohibit pubescent and postpubescent minors. It's probably because one can easily claim someone with a pubescent or postpubescent look is over 18...

dewayne4478

Dec 10, 2022
Perhaps it is a reference to the old Schoolhouse Rock segment on adverbs.
"Lolli, Lolli, Lolli! Get your adverbs here!"
Or it is another of those borrowed words from Japanese Manga/Anime/AVN culture (which was a borrowed word from the novel by Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita.

From Urban Dictionary:
1. Loli - Young girl/Young-looking girl; age neutral; SFW by default. Its also used to describe a body type, age is ignored.

On the other hand, this site defines Loli as:

• Loli [Girls with undeveloped bodies in sexual situations. Read rule 7.]
And Rule 7 states:

Content (a game, image, video, story, animation, etc.) depicting nudity or sexualization or sexual/erotic activity involving prepubescent character(s) is prohibited. A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character. 2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably. As this involves some discretion, if you are unsure ask a Staff Member.

Interesting. Rule 7 apparently doesn't prohibit pubescent and postpubescent minors. It's probably because one can easily claim someone with a pubescent or postpubescent look is over 18...
thank you, should of guess i saw a post refering to young girl with loli in it.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes