imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Honestly, playing it now and i doubt you'll have any need of that. I barely remember last time there was any choice in the updates beside pounding Riley or not, that is.
only the last one was really a choice, do the mom, or the daughter

• Haha
Reactions: Aground9437

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
What is a xx/xy character?
Every now and then, there'll be a dialog between two "characters" named xx and xy, commenting on what's happening in the story. It's something cringe the dev wrote into the script that I guess they intended to be the angel/demon on your shoulder trope. Except they're only talking to each other and by extension, the player.

I hate feeling like the person who wrote whatever you're reading is sitting next to you as you read it. Like they're enjoying the smell of their own crap.

Exarioch

May 21, 2018
I know that's night time but it is a little too dark to see anything.

A little short for a update, but leaving a ending like this ( the Alice scene ) probably means that will have an interruption ( I truly hope not )

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
Been following the game since day one. The gay/trap content has been there nearly since inception, it's clear the Dev (DLGB) planned for that content and it's part of their overarching vision. It's open-minded and equal opportunity in its "bad guy" approach.

From my perspective, it looks as though the Dev is having fun exploring the story, the characters, the VN medium, and the RenPy engine. They also update relatively regularly, the renders are good (albeit derivative), and the game is not a buggy mess. For a game that I'm not paying for, that's quite a lot of positives.

I can understand why there are those who want the game to subscribe to their own personal preferences and kinks -- and there is nothing wrong with those players who have their own likes and dislikes -- but this game has been tagged 'gay' and 'trap' for over a year. Despite how loud they cry, they do not speak for every player, and moreover, it's far too late to throw money at the Dev and demand they change their entire concept.

Constructive criticism is one thing, insofar as it respects the Dev and seeks to help them improve on their creation in accordance with their vision or is in response to feedback requested by them. Pounding the table is not constructive. It's just whinging.

If a player is here in this thread, now, I suggest they either decide to be along for the ride or they should go look for other games that better suit their tastes. It's F95zone: there are so very, very many games to choose from.

TLDR; the game is what it is, it's what the Dev wants it to be, please get over it, can we get back to enjoying the game for what it is and what we'd like to see next?

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I know that it's nighttime, but it is a little too dark to see anything.
I agree. I've seen this in a few games; it's a lazy way of creating an atmosphere, in my opinion.

why does the game force me to sleep in bed? why don't i have the option to sleep on the sofa? why does the game force me to choose between mother and daughter? why can't i skip it? what the fuck?
and more importantly where is Riley in this update?
always just Haley and Alice we want more Riley scenes!
OMG, You knew, going in, dude.:LOL:

(we want more Riley scenes!) :unsure: Are there two of you playing the same game on your PC? :LOL:

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
This update feels a bit truncated. Also I agree that the bedroom scenes were a little too dark. Finally, Hailey is such a damn brat, this game needs way more spanking scenes.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Been following the game since day one. The gay/trap content has been there nearly since inception, it's clear the Dev (DLGB) planned for that content and it's part of their overarching vision. It's open-minded and equal opportunity in its "bad guy" approach.

From my perspective, it looks as though the Dev is having fun exploring the story, the characters, the VN medium, and the RenPy engine. They also update relatively regularly, the renders are good (albeit derivative), and the game is not a buggy mess. For a game that I'm not paying for, that's quite a lot of positives.

I can understand why there are those who want the game to subscribe to their own personal preferences and kinks -- and there is nothing with those players who have their own likes and dislikes -- but this game has been tagged 'gay' and 'trap' for over a year. Despite how loud they cry, they do not speak for every player, and moreover, it's far too late to throw money at the Dev and demand they change their entire concept.

Constructive criticism is one thing, insofar as it respects the Dev and seeks to help them improve on their creation in accordance with their vision or is in response to feedback requested by them. Pounding the table is not constructive. It's just whinging.

If a player is here in this thread, now, I suggest they either decide to be along for the ride or they should go look for other games that better suit their tastes. It's F95zone; there are so very, very many games to choose from.

TLDR; the game is what it is, it's what the Dev wants it to be, please get over it, can we get back to enjoying the game for what it is and what we'd like to see next?
Right. The Dev does give the player/Reader the option to skip the gay/trap scenes anyway. Regardless of my opinion on the whole "Trap" stuff to begin with the story is good. I must have been a noob because I never heard of the "Trap" Genre. I was familiar with the Male to female genre though. The particular stories I know, they were curses, or experiments gone wrong hell even revenge upon a bully using hypnosis and Science. The Mansion plotline in this story I thought something was going on with that crazy woman, that makes the MC look like SuperMan in comparison. Anyway the gay stuff can be skipped so I see no reason not to continue the playing.

kavashy

Aug 23, 2019
You sound incredibly mad, but you're also so afraid to come out and say it that I can't tell what I' shoudl be making fun of you for being mad about lmao

I don't think he's speaking in euphemisms. He's referring to the angel and devil characters that are named xx or xy that narrate every so often.

Reactions: hawk784563

shynos

Jul 21, 2021
Hello guys: I have problems getting my game to run with this update, when it reaches the Mc scenes at the door of Riley's room with the mother after oral sex or masturbation through both routes it tells me end of the update but you are scenes from this latest update don't work for me, someone tell me what to do
Thank you

Reactions: miki766

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Well, obviously. Not my point & I'm pretty sure nobody here will stop their self relief habits waiting on one game.
Just pointing out how disappointing this turn of events is, considering the potential it had.
But hey, at the very least it didn't turn into a massive scam, with gacha mechanic and season passes...
True. It's an unusual story and really pushing the limits... probably a few legal limits, who knows. Not everyone's a good writer, and I think many devs are really newbies at this so, creating the game in general can be a task and planning out a story is more of a task than most realize. I can program in many different computer languages. I have created graphics in many ways in the past three decades and I have created at least one non-visual novel game (written in C) that was downloaded millions of times (it was free), but... writing a good story game, like a visual novel I find more difficult. I have a lot of respect for writers.

Who knows, maybe the dev will come up with some new ideas and redeem himself. It's not easy.

4.00 star(s) 111 Votes