PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I like the story, character and render but it's another one of those confusing sandbox renpy gameplay again, sigh.... Is there no quest log on what you have to do next? Do I just have to fast travel and talk to everyone randomly hoping to trigger a story sequence?
Gold stars to continue the main story, silver stars for the other events. Also, and this is a bit counter-intuitive, some events are only triggered in the morning after you slept alone. Some events trigger when you arrive at a certain destination.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I like the story, character and render but it's another one of those confusing sandbox renpy gameplay again, sigh.... Is there no quest log on what you have to do next? Do I just have to fast travel and talk to everyone randomly hoping to trigger a story sequence?
<SIGH> This 'confusing sandbox renpy gameplay' will be made very clear if you just CLICK ON THE "?" QUESTION MARK on the control menu at the top of the screen.
The game flow is described, the way to make money/credits is explained, and the QUEST LOG is explained as well as much more.
I think you'll find this 'Sandbox' much less confusing and far more pleasureful then.
The way it is set up, Once you understand it, it is impossible to miss the next adventure.
and PLEASE Pass this along to the next "I hate Sandbox Games" guy?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
You're telling me this shit isn't confusing? I though this is a adult visual novel not Paradox strategy management games. Just answer yes or no. Can I play this game for story only without all the grinding, ship upgrade, management stuff.

screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AJBit

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
You're telling me this shit isn't confusing? I though this is a adult visual novel not Paradox strategy management games. Just answer yes or no. Can I play this game for story only without all the grinding, ship upgrade, management stuff.
You could just use the console to give yourself money and ignore all that other stuff. It's what I do after I lost my save a while ago.

Reactions: NukaCola

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
at least this in confined area not whole town and waterworld is worse than this.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Dude, if grinding and management stuff isn't your thing, that's perfectly fine, but why are you even downloading a game with a sandbox tag?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Yes,
I'm telling you this "shit" is not confusing...to people who do more than look at pictures.

No,
all the "grinding, ship upgrade, management stuff" is part of the responsibility of being a Ship's Captain in a large Universe of possibilities that make up a very large story that is still unfolding. That is why it is a 'dual mode' game, "free roaming and Mission oriented" If you'd have read the title on Page 2.
...but you obviously didn't.

Look, if you don't want to 'live in Callisto's Universe', making your own decisions, discovering things and having surprises and watching a saga unfold, that's fine with me. There are lots of other games out there for your taste.
But I'd advise you not to be so crisp about four help screens I put a lot of effort into to SHOWING and TELLING anyone how to play, advance, make credits, find plot items, and hopefully encrease their enjoyment of a game I happen to love, well you just might piss me off. You should be a little more polite with your opinions on other people's hard work. Kapish?

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
Bruh that's a real insult to the difficulty of a Paradox game and you know it. This ain't even close to that type of difficulty XD. IMO the game isn't that grindy, but like if you're looking for something you can speed through like Midlife Crisis then this probably ain't for you.

Reactions: professorx10
Feb 9, 2021
I loved the prologue but now that we've moved on, what is the point of this game. set course here buy stuff. set course there, sell stuff. sleep with tanya or get a bj from the doc.... how much patience do I need? I'll keep trying. the help screens are good, but I must be doing something wrong.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is a star system in play, from the ship center blueprint.
I loved the prologue but now that we've moved on, what is the point of this game. set course here buy stuff. set course there, sell stuff. sleep with tanya or get a bj from the doc.... how much patience do I need? I'll keep trying. the help screens are good, but I must be doing something wrong.
Follow the stars, like the walk of fame.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
Bruh that's a real insult to the difficulty of a Paradox game and you know it. This ain't even close to that type of difficulty XD. IMO the game isn't that grindy, but like if you're looking for something you can speed through like Midlife Crisis then this probably ain't for you.
i just wish other forms of money-making other then buying and going to a new system were in the game or the ones that are were better, i never touch salvage missions because flipping stock is just better in my experience and that gets boring fast. or if we could do actual battle with the random ship encounters instead of running away or getting shot at and then running away to get some salvage from them would be nice.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
No,
all the "grinding, ship upgrade, management stuff" is part of the responsibility of being a Ship's Captain in a large Universe of possibilities that make up a very large story that is still unfolding.
to be fair the quest log showing what is available/ bypassed is just kind of bad, for example, the kitchen scenes with lia and Tanya, are only doable on certain days but because we have no way to know when people like this are in that spot it is really easy to either do a quest and get time skipped over that spot in which case you have to time skip a whole bunch to then get to a spot where you can or you get locked out entirely. or the side missions where i literally just sit in the menu click on a new station and time skip till it eventually happens because there is no log to give me an idea of when or where i should go to do something. My go-to example that i feel every sandbox game should implement is something similar to the calendar in personal trainer because it lets you see where everyone will be at a certain day/ time and lets you plan accordingly*which would make even more sense here because as you said we are a captain of a ship, in that i should have the ability to know what my crew will be doing throughout the day).

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
i just wish other forms of money-making other then buying and going to a new system were in the game or the ones that are were better, i never touch salvage missions because flipping stock is just better in my experience and that gets boring fast. or if we could do actual battle with the random ship encounters instead of running away or getting shot at and then running away to get some salvage from them would be nice.
You're running a cargo ship, not a pirate vessel. Besides, the side missions bring in a lot of money also.
Salvage runs are hit or miss, but you can economise a bit by only doing them when in the same sector, thus avoiding the cost of a stargate jump (and the possible appearance of a pirate).

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
The story can go very fast, but to trigger the events you sometimes have to sleep alone. A cruel trick by the dev if you ask me, but you can always cheat a bit by skipping to the next day, and if nothing happens, rolling back and invite one of the cuties to your bedroom.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
salvage runs aren't miss even if gets 10 units of something, it's still free so profit when sold where gets best price.

can try pirating but since ship isn't best suited for that it's not recommended.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
salvage runs aren't miss even if gets 10 units of something, it's still free so profit when sold where gets best price.

can try pirating but since ship isn't best suited for that it's not recommended.
The only problem is that you have to keep your hold empty if you want to collect salvage, so that's a day trading lost. Salvaging and selling 10 units of grain brings in a lot less profit than hauling two cargo holds of 80 units of a high priced commodity during the same period.

Reactions: Doxxi

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
You're running a cargo ship, not a pirate vessel. Besides, the side missions bring in a lot of money also.
Salvage runs are hit or miss, but you can economise a bit by only doing them when in the same sector, thus avoiding the cost of a stargate jump (and the possible appearance of a pirate).
I'm not saying let me go around murdering whatever i want there is a huge difference between being a pirate vessel and letting us attack pirate vessels that attack us( since there are times where every form of defense you have will fail, i have had at least 4 ships where i have had to take damage or bribe them), the best you can get from salvaging in my experience is an 80 unit hit on something, and then you just immediately transition into flipping once you sell it off

Doxxi

May 19, 2019

Not entirely true since you lose out on 70 units of items that you would have had flipping, the only time i completely run salvage is if i start it on Monday and get 80 units of something then i will go sell it before starting on flipping vendor stuff for the rest of the week till the reset.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes