ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this is a graphic masterwork...truly stunning to look at...and the cum on her face looks like cum..not Cinnabon icing :p sure it needs some tinkering to be less oblivious as to what TF you are spossed to do..but it is only 2 updates in folks..give him a chance...dev is talented AF..i have faith....

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I’m assuming at some point there’s going to be a use for all the credits earned via trading, buying upgrades, gifts, running costs.
not much story/character progression but is early I guess. Interactions with girls could do with more of a sense of choice.
Also Never like being lumped in a pre-existing relationship. So hopefully you can ditch her in future.

It is very beautiful and in particular The hypergate animation is very impressive. Certainly worth keeping an eye on as to how it develops.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Game really needs more "interaction" content with the other girls, but I think Xavster first wants to expand and flesh out some of the other mechanics, like actually visiting planets and stations, as well as being the silent supporters of a brothel (I hope it will be somewhat a management game, and we get to assign some of our girls there?). We'll have to wait and see how all that is going to mesh with the main storyline. I don't mind it being somewhat sandboxey, but do hope the girls and the storyline don't end up too much on the backburner.

Some more planets/systems would be nice, though I understand those will take time to develop.

The animations are rendered great! Sometimes they look a bit mechanical, but making nice flowing animations really is a massive undertaking, and, to be honest, quite boring work. That's why many people buy animations, which, to be honest, are rarely top quality either. From a designing point of view, more fluid animations are either too expensive buy (and it's hit&miss when buying them) or too time consuming to make.

Tldr:
-needs more (physical) interaction with the rest of the crewmembers
-storyline shouldn't be put on the backburner for too long
-more places to visit
-animations are overall acceptable: crisp rendered but not always fluid in motion.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

After that amazing prologue you put out and all my hopes for what this game could be, it became a FUCKING SANDBOX with FUCKING SALES MANAGEMENT as the only fucking activity.

WHAT THE UTTER HELL?! Firefly-like space adventure turns into a game about selling shit and pointless conversations with a little sex thrown in.

Fuck me I'm so disgusted at what you did to this game I could puke.
I'm with you. Although I didn't try playing this one yet, It seemed like it was going to be a good one. Downloaded and rummaged through the image folder only to find out it's another Sandbox game. How come these games are almost never tagged as such??
I usually like to support games that are early in development to help them get off the ground, but it seems so many games now start out as a VN and then turn into a sandbox/free roam nightmare. This is making me ever so hesitant to support projects knowing that there is a very good chance of this happening. It's safe to say now I won't be playing this one, but the images, animations, setting, premise, and presentation are all fantastic. I wish the developer no ill will, as I was not a supporter to begin with.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I'm with you. Although I didn't try playing this one yet, It seemed like it was going to be a good one. Downloaded and rummaged through the image folder only to find out it's another Sandbox game. How come these games are almost never tagged as such??
I usually like to support games that are early in development to help them get off the ground, but it seems so many games now start out as a VN and then turn into a sandbox/free roam nightmare. This is making me ever so hesitant to support projects knowing that there is a very good chance of this happening. It's safe to say now I won't be playing this one, but the images, animations, setting, premise, and presentation are all fantastic. I wish the developer no ill will, as I was not a supporter to begin with.
I don't get it ... Xavster already told us what's the game going to be right after they released the porlogue - in this post.

So why is there so much hate now because of the open world?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

After that amazing prologue you put out and all my hopes for what this game could be, it became a FUCKING SANDBOX with FUCKING SALES MANAGEMENT as the only fucking activity.

WHAT THE UTTER HELL?! Firefly-like space adventure turns into a game about selling shit and pointless conversations with a little sex thrown in.

Fuck me I'm so disgusted at what you did to this game I could puke.
Let me preface by saying I'm not trying to change your minds, nor am I saying that my points will improve the experience for you. Just as an FYI, though, the commodities management isn't required:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In speaking with Xavster before this update's release, I suggested adding a Hint system (lightbulb icon at the top), so you know what to do to progress certain characters; and a Locator (the i icon at the top), so you know where characters are at different times on different days. There's also a Skip Time button (>>) if you need it.

This doesn't eliminate the sandbox format, ofc, but it should hopefully make things a bit easier. Characters' storylines progress by interacting in general, especially in cases indicated by the hint system. Again, this might not be enough for you, but I tried to suggest to Xavster some tools to ease the pain.

Reactions: McWoodz and Aelth

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I don't get it ... Xavster already told us what's the game going to be right after they released the porlogue - in this post.

So why is there so much hate now because of the open world?
I didn't know. I haven't been following this. Just discovered it now. My comments were more based on other experiences I've had with projects I was supporting and/or playing and then the gameplay turned sandbox on me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I didn't know. I haven't been following this. Just discovered it now. My comments were more based on other experiences I've had with projects I was supporting and/or playing and then the gameplay turned sandbox on me.
I definitely understand the frustration with sandbox games. I could name tons that really frustrated the hell out of me, but I won't bother. Given the quality of Xavster's work so far, I do think this is a lot better than many of those. That said, it obviously isn't for everyone. I'm not sure why this isn't tagged sandbox now; it really ought to be. Maybe with focusing on the game itself, Xav hasn't yet gotten to updating tags.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Got a bit carried away with the trading...went from 5k to 125k lol....

and this is super cute.
View attachment 441597
I decided to stop at 100k... still, I wish we had more worlds and more goods we could trade in. Guess that will came along as we progress through the game.

And yeah, that is super cute.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Let me preface by saying I'm not trying to change your minds, nor am I saying that my points will improve the experience for you. Just as an FYI, though, the commodities management isn't required:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In speaking with Xavster before this update's release, I suggested adding a Hint system (lightbulb icon at the top), so you know what to do to progress certain characters; and a Locator (the i icon at the top), so you know where characters are at different times on different days. There's also a Skip Time button (>>) if you need it.

This doesn't eliminate the sandbox format, ofc, but it should hopefully make things a bit easier. Characters' storylines progress by interacting in general, especially in cases indicated by the hint system. Again, this might not be enough for you, but I tried to suggest to Xavster some tools to ease the pain.
It's not really entirely my point. I get the idea of having the characters individual stories, and it affecting the ship conversations.

But I was expecting this adventure storyline in this massive galaxy where things would actually happen. Plot and substance. Not just Dating Sim stuck on a floating metal coffin in space never actually going anywhere. You jump between systems and make trades but the only locations you visit are within the ship itself so this massive world and the ideas behind it all go to waste on what is essentially "Talk to girls, increase relationships, boink.... but in space."

Unless something really changes, this sandbox girl sim/trade game is a gigantic waste of potential.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Its too early to judge the sandbox one way or another. Still has a ton of stuff to be implemented, and as it is a space game with a ton of potential stuff (main story, girls stories etc.) making it a sandbox could make sense in this case. Its hard to string all that together in a VN style game.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The prologue gave a lot of background for the setting, and cries for several story arcs to follow and bring to some conclusion. I'm sure this can be done in a sandbox game, and I do hope Xavster will follow up on all those things that are going on in the universe. Keeping them just as "background information" would be a massive waste of something that could be very worthwhile to play, not to mention, it'd mean a waste of all the effort put into the prologue.
I don't believe Xavster is one to invest all that work into something that "just looks nice for a background", if you read his comments on other peoples' work in the Daz3D Art thread, you'll find he's very much reasoning, and would rather give every little detail a purpose. A hostile species like the Krillin controlling Orion, but the player having no problem going there for trade runs, doesn't sound like a reason to even have that species. Such a pointless detail doesn't fit with the developer we're talking about.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The prologue gave a lot of background for the setting, and cries for several story arcs to follow and bring to some conclusion. I'm sure this can be done in a sandbox game, and I do hope Xavster will follow up on all those things that are going on in the universe. Keeping them just as "background information" would be a massive waste of something that could be very worthwhile to play, not to mention, it'd mean a waste of all the effort put into the prologue.
I don't believe Xavster is one to invest all that work into something that "just looks nice for a background", if you read his comments on other peoples' work in the Daz3D Art thread, you'll find he's very much reasoning, and would rather give every little detail a purpose. A hostile species like the Krillin controlling Orion, but the player having no problem going there for trade runs, doesn't sound like a reason to even have that species. Such a pointless detail doesn't fit with the developer we're talking about.
It's not really entirely my point. I get the idea of having the characters individual stories, and it affecting the ship conversations.

But I was expecting this adventure storyline in this massive galaxy where things would actually happen. Plot and substance. Not just Dating Sim stuck on a floating metal coffin in space never actually going anywhere. You jump between systems and make trades but the only locations you visit are within the ship itself so this massive world and the ideas behind it all go to waste on what is essentially "Talk to girls, increase relationships, boink.... but in space."

Unless something really changes, this sandbox girl sim/trade game is a gigantic waste of potential.
Yeah, I think I see your point. I'm pretty sure the limited amount of content for v0.02 is mostly due to the shift over to sandbox. Xav said tons of the code was optimized as well, so — unless some major issue in the code is found later — the lion's share of time in the future will likely be on content. Given what was set up in the Prologue, I'm pretty certain this will be more than a dating simulator game. I'm not sure when different types of content will be added, but I would expect a lot more than just relationship updates to be in place going forward.

This is, after all, only a v0.02. Some points that make me very optimistic about the game's future:
  • Continued discussion about the Krillen and how dangerous they are: A conflict with the Krillen and Callisto is almost inevitable.
  • There are three systems at present: There is plenty of room for more systems to be added, and even in just those three systems, there is obviously huge potential for events (on board Callisto as well as off-ship). These can still very easily be something more Firefly-style (which is what I also personally hope for).
  • Kara and Tanya both left their former employer: Although Vincent is probably dead by this point (or possibly has a very clever method of hiding), there's no reason to assume those with whom he'd done business before won't cause problems.
  • Kara has a mostly unknown past: There's plenty of potential for some former enemy to track her down. On the romantic side of things, maybe there is a former lover that shows up too?
  • Kara, Rachel and Alice are on board: Although from a "realistic" perspective you would obviously want security on your ship and for away missions, from a game / story perspective, there's really no reason to take time to flesh any of these characters out — especially as capable warriors — unless their skills will be used in later situations.
  • Julia is on board: Again, an obvious choice for any spacecraft, but plot-wise, I sense some kind of infection / a lot of post-battle scars in the future.
I have a feeling there's a lot of great content for this game going forward.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Firstly thanks to everyone that has played the game and responded in this thread.

To clarify v0.2 was largely to establish the roaming environment of the ship, such that a story line could be developed from there. I would say that the time invested was roughly 40% coding / 40% ship environment / 20% story line. This is a significant departure from the prologue (0.1) which was 90% story line and 10% coding. Moving forwards this focus will change back to story line development, as 0.2 was a technical exercise to establish a base such that I can tell a story from there. The issue with the prologue is that it is difficult to get absorbed in the story if you are purely a spectator.

Let me assure you that I have no intention of creating a 'trading' simulator, as it would be horribly tedious. It is merely a mechanism to give you immersion into the story. If you don't like trading, there will be other mechanisms to gain credits in future updates. Salvaging is planned in 0.3 (Alice and Rachel need a reason for being on the ship) and others such as upgrading the strip club and episodic branching adventures (stealing something for example) are also planned. All of these will be optional for the player, so they can focus on whatever they enjoy.

Note that 0.2 contains 2,200 images and 8,000 lines of code. About 1,000 of the images are purely to create the environment and ~3,000 lines of code are for the purposes of navigation / interface. This was the hard slog that has been completed in 0.2, that does not have to be done again. It means I can focus on more interesting things like creating some really interesting visuals and telling a story.

I understand the negative feedback from those that played the first version. You downloaded, expecting a certain item and got something quite different. I would however say that 0.2 is very early days and that you should return to the game in 6 months or so when the majority of the content will be story line and more in line with the prologue.

PS: Currently I'm just happy that the coding is sufficiently robust, that I haven't been hit with a huge list of bugs.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Xavster I deleted one of my previous comments which was made in the heat of the moment. I apologize for my brusk (well, lets face it, jackass) behavior. I look forward to what you bring in the future. It's rather well done for a sandbox, I just am looking forward to more story plot and actual events than what is currently given in this simple first release. I will praise you for delivering a game that has absolutely no bugs in it that I've found and seems to be running perfectly.

I also hope that Sam will gain more personality later and will be given conversations of her own.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster I deleted one of my previous comments which was made in the heat of the moment. I apologize for my brusk (well, lets face it, jackass) behavior. I look forward to what you bring in the future. It's rather well done for a sandbox, I just am looking forward to more story plot and actual events than what is currently given in this simple first release. I will praise you for delivering a game that has absolutely no bugs in it that I've found and seems to be running perfectly.

I also hope that Sam will gain more personality later and will be given conversations of her own.
Thanks for your reply. I haven't really decided where Sam is headed at this stage, however I have given her room to expand with the 'learning AI'. She will not be on the priority list early as there are certain character developments I need to do to advance the main story line. Note that the reason that Tiffany was the focus in 0.2 was due to the interaction with the trading mechanism and to ensure that I didn't have to create any more variations in the 'screen' coding / environment images.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I just started. 2 minutes into the game. I think you need to stick to using the name of the MC instead of the nickname in the prologue. At that point, he is just a Lieutenant and not a "cap" right?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just started. 2 minutes into the game. I think you need to stick to using the name of the MC instead of the nickname in the prologue. At that point, he is just a Lieutenant and not a "cap" right?
Well, he is the captain of the Callisto, which has now been traveling the galaxy for a couple of months. That said, "Captain" and "Cap" are merely the defaults; you can choose others. For instance, I would prefer to be more familiar with my crew, so I chose "Dexter" and "Dex" instead. If you want to maintain the name from the Prologue (which wasn't customizable), just enter "Xavier" and maybe "Xav" for the nickname.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes