RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I just started. 2 minutes into the game. I think you need to stick to using the name of the MC instead of the nickname in the prologue. At that point, he is just a Lieutenant and not a "cap" right?
Personally I named him, and used a "Last Name" for the nickname, since calling someone by their last name is Military protocol anyway and he'd be used to it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I just started. 2 minutes into the game. I think you need to stick to using the name of the MC instead of the nickname in the prologue. At that point, he is just a Lieutenant and not a "cap" right?
To add a little from what Cookie explained. The 'Name' is what your crew and other's will call you in a more formal fashion whilst the 'Nickname' is what they will refer to you in a casual fashion. I would suggest just using a first name and then a nickname.

In 0.1 the 'Name' was Xavier and the nick was 'Xav'. If you elect to play the prologue content in 0.2 all of the references to Xavier / Xav will be replaced with the user selected names.

PS: I'll put a button on the computer interface somewhere on the next version to allow you to change name whenever you wish.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Feedback i guess...maybe a rant depending on how you view this.

I played .1 and enjoyed it.
I did not enjoy .2 and that's because the navigation is beyond confusing.

First, i was dropped into a menu with absolutely no idea what was what nor that it was a terminal that i had to exit to explore. This needs to be cleaned up either with a cleaner text informing you that it's a terminal or sci-fi captains log thing. Secondly, just leave the arrows on screen for room navigation or give me the option to have them on all the time. I spent way longer than i should have going in circles. Third, the "Quest Hints" system needs to be far less ambigious. There was more than one instance where i'd go to see someone at some time and the quest help wouldn't update or would just assume that i knew to do it again. Finally, i have no idea where the end of this update is which is a problem. This could be that i haven't reached it, or it could be that leaving the "Patience is a Virtue" in quest help doesn't actually help....Not sure which.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
To add a little from what Cookie explained. The 'Name' is what your crew and other's will call you in a more formal fashion whilst the 'Nickname' is what they will refer to you in a casual fashion. I would suggest just using a first name and then a nickname.

In 0.1 the 'Name' was Xavier and the nick was 'Xav'. If you elect to play the prologue content in 0.2 all of the references to Xavier / Xav will be replaced with the user selected names.

PS: I'll put a button on the computer interface somewhere on the next version to allow you to change name whenever you wish.
Yea I can see the intention behind it. I did choose a first name, but I kinda wanted my crew to call me Cap. I just think it would be cool if you used the first name until you get the freighter. It shouldn't cause problems for people who choose a normal nickname, and also improve immersion for people who want to keep the "Cap" nickname.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Feedback i guess...maybe a rant depending on how you view this.

I played .1 and enjoyed it.
I did not enjoy .2 and that's because the navigation is beyond confusing.

First, i was dropped into a menu with absolutely no idea what was what nor that it was a terminal that i had to exit to explore. This needs to be cleaned up either with a cleaner text informing you that it's a terminal or sci-fi captains log thing. Secondly, just leave the arrows on screen for room navigation or give me the option to have them on all the time. I spent way longer than i should have going in circles. Third, the "Quest Hints" system needs to be far less ambigious. There was more than one instance where i'd go to see someone at some time and the quest help wouldn't update or would just assume that i knew to do it again. Finally, i have no idea where the end of this update is which is a problem. This could be that i haven't reached it, or it could be that leaving the "Patience is a Virtue" in quest help doesn't actually help....Not sure which.
I have done a couple of things that should alleviate the issue a little.
- Revised the introduction text slightly such that they know that they can log off computer / leave room.
- Revised the hint text to make it more obvious "- Guess she needs more time to study."

Changing the navigation style or providing an option as to whether or not players wish arrows to be left on the screen isn't as easy. Navigation is done via imagemaps which would require me to create an additional idle image for every single imagemap (there are currently about 250 idle images). I personally prefer the cleaner idle image so intend to leave it as is.

In terms of your playing experience, this version as mentioned in an earlier post was more of a technical exercise and will be more story driven in future versions. The game is intended to eventually play a bit like Harem Hotel as it progresses, however also with an overarching main story as well.

In your current game, to progress the story line further, you need to progress the game additional days for the event to trigger. I would also note that if you are just playing the game by running through the hints, you are missing the majority of the content.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Are old saves not compatible? i get these errors when i try to load a save

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Version 0.2 starts after the events of 0.1, so old saves are not required. You can still revisit the prologue via the computer.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I still think this title has a ton of potential, but as far as the interactions with the rest of the crew goes, it sort of feels like the player is just along for the ride. I sort of just wander around from area to area, eavesdropping on conversations, and on the rare occasion the MC speaks up, the player has no input as to his responses. At the moment at least, player agency seems limited to 'what commodities do you want to buy/sell', and 'do you want to watch this sex scene'.

I have high hopes for the game, but I hope future updates will feature a little more in the way player input/choice, even if it's (mostly) cosmetic. I feel like it would do a lot for immersion.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I have done a couple of things that should alleviate the issue a little.
- Revised the introduction text slightly such that they know that they can log off computer / leave room.
- Revised the hint text to make it more obvious "- Guess she needs more time to study."

Changing the navigation style or providing an option as to whether or not players wish arrows to be left on the screen isn't as easy. Navigation is done via imagemaps which would require me to create an additional idle image for every single imagemap (there are currently about 250 idle images). I personally prefer the cleaner idle image so intend to leave it as is.

In terms of your playing experience, this version as mentioned in an earlier post was more of a technical exercise and will be more story driven in future versions. The game is intended to eventually play a bit like Harem Hotel as it progresses, however also with an overarching main story as well.

In your current game, to progress the story line further, you need to progress the game additional days for the event to trigger. I would also note that if you are just playing the game by running through the hints, you are missing the majority of the content.
That's good.

I wasn't solely going through the UI but i was using as a guide post. I did notice a few extra animations hidden away and those were nice. I'd like to point out that my gripes aren't from the artistic or even the actual story aspect, those are all good. It's the smaller things like UI/Hints that kinda made me have less enjoyment this go round compared to .1

I don't mind sandbox when it's done well and if your aim is to create something akin to a sci-fi Harem Hotel experience i'll look forward to more progress. Just had to express my frustrations because i like clarity in gameplay and when things aren't i tend to quickly drop titles.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
As a quick note, I am currently uploading a v0.21 that tweaks a few things, patches a couple of minor bugs and also corrects a couple of rookie mistakes I made in the 0.20 distribution. If you have already played v0.2, there is no need to download v0.21.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Xavster Navigation confusion with the arrows could be solved with labeling the arrows. Though personally I only ever got turned around in the Lounge area since it's easy to go back the way you came if you aren't paying attention.

Personally I think a "Quick Travel" would only be needed from the Captain's Quarters, that way you could only need to have the idle image be in one part.

Last edited:
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster Navigation confusion with the arrows could be solved with labeling the arrows. Though personally I only ever got turned around in the Lounge area since it's easy to go back the way you came if you aren't paying attention.

Personally I think a "Quick Travel" would only be needed from the Captain's Quarters, that way you could only need to have the idle image be in one part.
The arrows are kinda labelled already as the room display in the header bar changes based upon what you have hovered. If I were to implement a quick travel system I would just place anther button in the header bar with a drop down menu of where you want to travel. I don't think it is necessary, however if people want it, it's fairly easy to implement.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Xavster Is there a place where you're keeping track of reported bugs that's available for public viewing? I've found a few w/in the prologue (script, not program) that i'd like to report, but don't want to repeat... or read through 11 pages to avoid repeating. ;)

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Storywise the update was kinda low, but yeah the new travel system works quite good for me. Found it kinda sad that the focus storywise was about tiffany but that is just personal :) I just think all the other chars are more interesting ^^
But looking forward to the next update :)

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, well, the protagonist forgot the last time he fucked somebody...
All the hints of lesbianism of the entire crew

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is don't ask don't tell protocol ... strict army code and even stricter flight self preservation plan in outer space. Being alpha is a must in these kinds of situations, especially the life and death stuck in a death tube situations. MC has to step up and give the d*** deep and creamy and stark and throbbing back and forth, forehand and backhand, bareback and sloppy! All of them crew dumb asses trying to get everyone killed for the sake of shenanigans ... They all follow suit or they all die, as simple as that.

Turbo Turkey

Jul 22, 2017
I like it. There's levity, there's story, at least one blue woman... nice.
Took me a moment to realize the prologue is more like a disjointed flashback, but that might just be me.
In the prologue I came across one reference (in v2.0) to the name 'Xavier', though I don't exactly remember where. Also, a few grammatical boo-boos, but nothing immersion breaking.

Just a small hint. In software development it is much more common to use a second decimal point separator to indicate bugfixes. So instead of 0.21 you would end up with 0.2.1. This helps in the long run when you have more than 9 releases without the game being complete. Otherwise you would be forced to use 1.0, which implies a completed game. Or heck, if things really go wrong, it allows you to have more than 9 bugfixes (e.g. 0.2.10).

PS:
It would be awesome if, in a future update, we see the crew fighting a Krillen ship. When all seems lost and the crew is mere moments from doom Kara's markings light up. Unleashing all of her power she shouts "HADOUKEN" and shoots a rainbow from her mouth. When the rainbow hits the ship it momentarily warps before exploding with a massive boom. (Yeah, it's so powerful even physics gives up and lets sound travel through space)
This is then followed by a period where Kara has to struggle with the darkness inside her. But the captain manages to pound her through it. I, I mean help her through it, of course.

Anyway, happy devving!

Reactions: flxgrm

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Nice continuation to the first part. As an old Elite player (5500 hours in Elite Dangerous + older versions) I was at home with the scenario. You surpassed ED at once, since we don't have ability to walk inside ships yet :) (except little cockpit movement in VR), not to mention sex part that Elite will never have.

I hope that we'll get to the upgrading ship systems/weapons in the next update.

There was couple small problems though. Exiting shower would be more intuitive if it was at the bottom instead being in the left. And when I tried to press H for clearing screen for screenshots upon entering (before clicking on showerers), it took me back to my cabin screen.

I also took note of typoes I saw:

Couple words about Tiffany. I thought she should have used opportunity to win me back when I entered shower instead of ordering me to leave. And I understand why she changed her looks to be more businesslike, but in my eyes she was more attractive in previous looks :(.

But I'll be waiting eagerly how story continues. Keep up the good work.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes