ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
Just found this, and played through most(?) of 0.21, and figured I'd offer some feedback.

I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm a bit of a sucker for both harem games, and tramp trader sci-fi stuff. The renders are really nice, and I like how the ship feels the right size.

I get that it doesn't take long to get around the ship, but I did find it confusing at the start, and still find I miss click, or just look in the wrong place for the arrows. It is a lot better than a lot of other renpy games I've played that also use a FPS'ish style navigation though. What I'd like to see (excluding the inclusion of a quick travel), is:
1: a "home" button of sorts, to instantly take you back to the captains quarters from anywhere on the ship. The ship icon at the top of the screen, between the time of day and the money display would work fine for that.
2: move some of the "turn around" arrows to the middle bottom centre. When in the shower and the hold, I almost always go to click the bottom middle to head back to the corridor/common respectively, ditto for the engineering for that matter, though I go there a lot less. Almost every other room on the ship has that arrow bottom middle.
3: when telling Tanya where to head to next, it might be nice to colour code the place names. I know it's "only" three places to remember, but when starting out, I had to run all the way back to the captains quarters a few times to check the computer for which was which. It's also a bit of a reverse of the suggestion to give the trading columns labels as well as their existing colour coding (which is also a good idea).

Quite disappointed with Tiffany's new, mid-length hair :(. I thought the short style was cute as hell, and she's already had one style change. Now she's 'yet another girl on the ship with mid-length hair', along with Alice/Rachel/Lia/Julia. She also looks like she's trying a bit too hard to look mature and business-like (which I guess is what she might actually be doing).

I hope Sam gets more face skin. At the moment her half skin/half robot face looks a bit macabre to me.

Reactions: Harbinger88

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This is don't ask don't tell protocol ... strict army code and even stricter flight self preservation plan in outer space. Being alpha is a must in these kinds of situations, especially the life and death stuck in a death tube situations. MC has to step up and give the d*** deep and creamy and stark and throbbing back and forth, forehand and backhand, bareback and sloppy! All of them crew dumb asses trying to get everyone killed for the sake of shenanigans ... They all follow suit or they all die, as simple as that.
Salute.gif

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
If I were to implement a quick travel system I would just place anther button in the header bar with a drop down menu of where you want to travel. I don't think it is necessary, however if people want it, it's fairly easy to implement.
I wouldn't mind this. I feel it would solve some of my issues of going in circles at times.

Reactions: Xavster

Jcompt

Sep 24, 2017
Decent game so far. Great renders and interesting story with decent game play except for the navigation (very personal preference). My prefered navigation style for a game like this would be similar to the one implemented in the "Water World" game. As it stands now, it is a bit tedious and confusing.

Reactions: Xavster

Phosphorus

Mar 6, 2018
There is an error in trading system. I bought 80 Fuel at Beehive Cluster. When i wanted to sell it in Pleiades Cluster my current inventory says 80 x none.

Phosphorus

Mar 6, 2018
I have selected the dot next to resource. Money is spend and the Cargo appears in cargo bay. But next day when i will sell the Cargo Bay is emty and current inventory says 80 x none. Now i´m out of money because it happens again. This time with Berillium. It´s again at Pleiades Cluster....

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I can't save my progress. I keep getting this error:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

"While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\Userl\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 436, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Callisto-0.21-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 409, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations."
In looking at the error message, it looks to be an issue with the Ren'Py setup rather than Callisto itself. In my coding I did not do any customisation to the saving functions. All of the files listed in the report above are not files I actually edit when creating the game.

I'm not an expert on this, however it looks like it is searching for a save game location that does not exist. Typically save games will go to "C:\Users\[logon]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Callisto-1564968478". I can only suggest you try a few things.
1) Check that the save game folder as above exists. Note that [logon] is your user name.
2) Make sure you a logged into you PC as a valid user with write privileges to your C: drive - is your logon name 'User'?
3) Move the game to a more conventional location such as c:\games\callisto-0.21-pc\
If any others with more coding / Ren'Py experience would like to assist please feel free to post.

There is an error in trading system. I bought 80 Fuel at Beehive Cluster. When i wanted to sell it in Pleiades Cluster my current inventory says 80 x none.
I have selected the dot next to resource. Money is spend and the Cargo appears in cargo bay. But next day when i will sell the Cargo Bay is emty and current inventory says 80 x none. Now i´m out of money because it happens again. This time with Berillium. It´s again at Pleiades Cluster....
I have taken a look at my current code and the variable in question is 'trade_c'. This variable is set in 3 places.
1) On initial game load:
Python:
default trade_c = "None"
2) Within the sell function call - portion of function below
Python:
        store.credits += int(trade_s)
        store.trade_sales += int(trade_s)
        store.trade_profit += int(trade_s - trade_buy)
        store.trade_q = 0
        store.trade_c = "None"
        store.trade_s = 0
3) Within the purchase function call - portion of function below
Python:
        if credits >= order and trade_q == 0:
            store.credits -= int(order)
            store.trade_q = store.trade_oq
            store.trade_c = store.trade_oc
            store.trade_buy = int(order)
            store.trade_oq = 0
            store.trade_oc = "None"
            renpy.sound.play("t_register.mp3")
Item 1 will only set the value if there is no existing value. Items 2 & 3 can only occur in the purchasing window as it is the only place where the purchase and sell functions are called. I'm currently at a loss to explain why it is happening and am also unable to duplicate the issue. If any other players have encountered the same bug or if you are able to isolate at exactly what point the cargo is being lost (what action being taken), then I may be able to isolate the issue.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Decent game so far. Great renders and interesting story with decent game play except for the navigation (very personal preference). My prefered navigation style for a game like this would be similar to the one implemented in the "Water World" game. As it stands now, it is a bit tedious and confusing.
I'll take a look at the game and adjust my navigation system should it be a better alternative.

PS: I am happy to make changes to the game based upon constructive criticism. Should I not follow any advice, I will also attempt to explain why I did not make the change.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'll take a look at the game and adjust my navigation system should it be a better alternative.

PS: I am happy to make changes to the game based upon constructive criticism. Should I not follow any advice, I will also attempt to explain why I did not make the change.
Ya a side bar for quick nav would be nice... probably essential even.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I have taken a look at Water World navigation system and achieving the same mechanism in Callisto should be fairly straight forward. I will place a button at the top of the screen which will activate this fast travel mechanism. I will also have the characters appear in their respective locations as well. The system from what I can see is a combination of an imagemap and imagebuttons on a screen. Shouldn't take more than a day to complete and will be available in 0.3. Note that navigating as per the current system will also be available.

I wouldn't mind this. I feel it would solve some of my issues of going in circles at times.
I believe the 'Water World' style interface should suffice as the quick travel system as well.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I have taken a look at Water World navigation system and achieving the same mechanism in Callisto should be fairly straight forward. I will place a button at the top of the screen which will activate this fast travel mechanism. I will also have the characters appear in their respective locations as well. The system from what I can see is a combination of an imagemap and imagebuttons on a screen. Shouldn't take more than a day to complete and will be available in 0.3. Note that navigating as per the current system will also be available.
One thing that's nice about Water World navigation is the little star that shows up on the map location when you can trigger a story/level up event. I's a good thing to have if it's not too much trouble implementing, it pretty much eliminates the need for a hint system.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: flxgrm

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Callisto v0.30

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.03.2020 (videos with alpha masks working now properly)

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
One thing that's nice about Water World navigation is the little star that shows up on the map location when you can trigger a story/level up event. I's a good thing to have if it's not too much trouble implementing, it pretty much eliminates the need for a hint system.
It will be a fair bit of work, however I believe it is achievable. Water world seems to have 10 time increments that repeat every day, however a few more locations that what I have. Essentially I think I need to create a True / False flag for each location (10) at each time (42). Should just be a matter of turning it on once a preceding event is completed and turning it off after the active event has been completed. It's going to be a big list of variables, however shouldn't be too difficult. If I get stuck I can always look at the Water World code.

I'll add it to the list for 0.3, as I personally don't really like the current hint system. With the 'Water World' style interface and the star for story progression I should be able to replace the current H and i buttons. Also further expanding on this, I think I will establish such that both major and minor events show on the navigation maps. I'll likely use a gold star for major events and a blue star for minor events. This should allow players to experience all of the events whilst avoiding repeated content.

Reactions: flxgrm and arms99
Mar 5, 2018
Just play the game, like most of the games here with navegation and things like that, i was lose at the start, once i touch the new game bottom, i was in a menu of sort, that confuse the hell out of me, thankfully after 30-1h i get used to it, and finish the game (up to the content).

Things that in MY opinion can be better or need an explanation:
- Pls, change the new game and -puff- starting in the computer.
- Hint are okay, but i don't really get the meaning of the game or what i can expect of it. I guess that you are a 'merchant' of some sort... but the storyline? No idea.
- Navegation, hell! Pls, a quick travel, 30min to get used to the map!
- Tiffany, u change her waaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast, at least u should add some things with her. I get her change, but that was radical, from 19 schoolgirl, to sexy 25+ secretary, this would enter smooth if u would add at least some teasing with ther trying to win the mc over or something.
- MC, what is special about the MC? I mean all the girls have a worth but the MC?

Good things, w/o a lot of details:
- Good prologue.
- Good potential.
- Good sound, background?
- No NTR
- Good Girls.
- Game name.

Bad things:

- Game is not full >:v
- Not more aliens girl.
-Not enough content to fap with
-No rape