Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Currently I have used italics to indicate thoughts, however adding () is easy enough. Switched major organs to vital organs. As far as Kara, her actions will make more sense when you see her backstory. The first of 3 parts will be in 0.3.

I struggle with the writing more than the other aspects of the game, as I am from a science background. If the game takes off, I'll likely engage a writer to assist.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1575801302019.png

This is a tech oriented game -> star ships and androids and tech enhanced personnel abound!
Play the human revolution! Play the Andromeda! Play the Metal gear games! Be the Machine Human!

1575801475389.png

Enter the I am Robot state of mind and enjoy the life of robots and humans vulnerable side!

1575801561543.png

Get your Almost human series on and become the human / machine collaborator this games needs!

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xvaster, Since you've clearly got the visual graphics and coding areas competence, (and being another tech/science guy) I will give you the script writing hint you need to make this a winner, story wise.
...2 things, Conflict and surprise/twists...don't tell what's gonna happen in advance. (LLtP is good at this)
Conflict: You've got many characters. Who has a 'secret agenda'? Who hates Who? OR Who is in the pay of what outside party? Or skip internal conflict and create a BAD GUY somewhere who wants to kill 'em all! Games/Stories live or die on Conflict and so far, you've eliminated the only 'bad boy.' (there must be others) OH, and they do have to be BAD (IE Dangerous) or the plot fails.
Second twists. We sci/techs thing too much in a straight line. Life has pitfalls. Discover a body. Have one of the girls injured/killed by a malevolent 'other' Discover a life threatening character in one of your derelict ships. Suddenly get lost on one of your regular jumps. Things like that.
Writing stories isn't hard. Just sit down at the keyboard and slit open one of your veins! :cool:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Xvaster, Since you've clearly got the visual graphics and coding areas competence, (and being another tech/science guy) I will give you the script writing hint you need to make this a winner, story wise.
...2 things, Conflict and surprise/twists...don't tell what's gonna happen in advance. (LLtP is good at this)
Conflict: You've got many characters. Who has a 'secret agenda'? Who hates Who? OR Who is in the pay of what outside party? Or skip internal conflict and create a BAD GUY somewhere who wants to kill 'em all! Games/Stories live or die on Conflict and so far, you've eliminated the only 'bad boy.' (there must be others) OH, and they do have to be BAD (IE Dangerous) or the plot fails.
Second twists. We sci/techs thing too much in a straight line. Life has pitfalls. Discover a body. Have one of the girls injured/killed by a malevolent 'other' Discover a life threatening character in one of your derelict ships. Suddenly get lost on one of your regular jumps. Things like that.
Writing stories isn't hard. Just sit down at the keyboard and slit open one of your veins! :cool:
This is version 0.21. What you propose is revealing the bad guy 5 minutes into the movie? Most stories that do this tend to be ridiculously simplistic and poorly written. I agree that Long Live the Princess does suspense well, but it's far too early to introduce this type of internal conflict or any kind of major antagonist. Excellent stories (The Great Gatsby, The Usual Suspects, A Hound of the Baskervilles, Hamlet) often don't reveal the real danger until much, much later.

You have no idea what Xavster has planned for the rest of the game, and it's far too early to make any assumptions.

Reactions: Ragnar and Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
With the next version (0.3) the plot will develop in terms of conflict with one adversary. This relates to the liberation of Dione (Lia's home planet). I also have a mad scientist style villain planned (starts 0.5) and also another race that poses a galactic threat (starts 0.7). One of the real challenges is to keep open world feel with progressing a story line. For the story line to make sense it needs to follow a certain order, but you have to do this without the player feeling like they are forced down a path.

Also planned are a number of side missions that can be done at any time and in any order. My goal is to do one of these each version starting with 0.4. These will have different outcomes depending upon what choices you make.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
With the next version (0.3) the plot will develop in terms of conflict with one adversary. This relates to the liberation of Dione (Lia's home planet). I also have a mad scientist style villain planned (starts 0.5) and also another race that poses a galactic threat (starts 0.7). One of the real challenges is to keep open world feel with progressing a story line. For the story line to make sense it needs to follow a certain order, but you have to do this without the player feeling like they are forced down a path.

Also planned are a number of side missions that can be done at any time and in any order. My goal is to do one of these each version starting with 0.4. These will have different outcomes depending upon what choices you make.
GREAT! Ok, sounds like you've put a little thought into going forward. My suggestions were in the vein of helping you do that and improving an already good project. Story is the cement that keeps us grounded and conflict and surprise is what we desire. THose side missions will help keep your world feeling like it is not constricted and the implication that your 'universe' is larger than the code allows will keep an open feeling moving forward. Best of luck and I look forward to these chapters... Cheers! :)

Reactions: Xavster

whynot87

Jan 10, 2019
Just wanted to shoutout to Xavster, I think the game is coming along amazingly! I love the style and interaction that you've managed to implement and suffice to say I'm eagerly awaiting future installments!

Also I didn't find the change from the Prologue (VN) to the Main story (sandbox) to be jarring, I thought it was kind of expected to be a short story, just giving the details and setting up the storyline.

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
Is there a walk through anywhere? The in-game hints aren't exactly helpful. Been skipping time and wandering the ship for any new dialogue with ships crew but... same shit, different day. How long do I have to wait for whats-her-nuts to finish studying?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Is there a walk through anywhere? The in-game hints aren't exactly helpful. Been skipping time and wandering the ship for any new dialogue with ships crew but... same shit, different day. How long do I have to wait for whats-her-nuts to finish studying?
I have adjusted the code in the current version, however I believe in the one on this site, there is a requirement for the game day to be greater than 20. The version I am working on has incorporated a fast travel interface which includes a hint system that you should find easier to use. The next version will include significant additional content, so I would suggest you park the game for a while and pick it up at 0.3 or later version.

PS: I haven't been providing updates on the development of the game on this site, however I give a weekly updates every Friday on Patreon.

Reactions: BloodyFace

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Let us have a look see in the parking lot ... there are some words on wheels on there:)!

Almost feel this update date should be the 'You Got Game?' update as I spent significant time this week doing renders for the basketball gam...
Jan 24 at 6:37am
Callisto 0.3 - Week 13 Update

park the game for a while
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Park iT oN!

Ste Rix

Dec 17, 2017
Hi. I install android version on my phone but when i start the game ask me permission to read my photo, multimedia and private file on my device. Why?

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1580728525802.png

Well first off the basketball game renders are complete. I have also included an incentive for winning the game as well.
Jan 31 at 4:37am

Callisto 0.3 - Week 14 Update

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes