kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
I just played prolog of this game (well, half of it).
I love this sci-fi setting! Story is nice, but reminds me of this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(In other words: everything happens too fast! Like in Luis recap)

• Haha
Reactions: BloodyFace

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here it is - the latest dev update about this game:

I am currently focusing on writing, coding and the other little elements required to create the game.

Posted this Feb 7th at 5:04 am on the subject of Callisto 0.3 - Week 15 Update

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev talk about what is supposed to be coming in Callisto 0.3
.........\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ ..........................\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ .....
Been working on the basketball game renders today.
Going to go with a branching choice system.
It will be a pick option A or B which leads to another render to which you have to pick option C or D.
If you look at each render you should be able to pick the correct option if you think about it.
Will likely also couple this with some randomness on the final shot as well, so things aren't 100% predictable.

What about the basketball game we keep hearing about ???
......\/ \/ \/ \/ ...............\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ ..................................
Check out this dev excerpt on the matter:

Checked out Star Maidens and the basketball game.
Seems to work fairly well, however longer than necessary.
Will implement something similar.
The game had nice character design, pity about the rest of it though.

Wait oN!

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
Basketball game? On the space-trader ship? In the Sci-fi game?
I'm a little confused, to be honest...:unsure:
Let's w8 till the update to make a final judgment ofc :confused:

Reactions: lartemer

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
Oh, I'm sure he told it before. This is new information only for me :)
If dev thinks it will fit the setting, he can make a horse polo or hockey on the grass in his game... absolute freedom here!
I'm just surprised :unsure:

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
Space jam ring any bells to anyone? Actual animations mixing it with the game!
Do you mean that old comedy with Mike Jordan and looney tunes? I watched it when I was a kid :) Like it despite the bad rating.
But now I even more confused :D And the main question who will get the role of Jessica R? :sneaky:

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
Is the red head zebrah antilope babe on the right a prime suspect
Heh, will keep my fingers crossed :D
I'm still unsure of how to implement this without making it a farce but looks like it will be a wild ride at least :cool:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Basketball game? On the space-trader ship? In the Sci-fi game?
I'm a little confused, to be honest...:unsure:
Let's w8 till the update to make a final judgment ofc :confused:
The basketball game is just a side activity within the game itself, it certainly isn't a focus. Just something to round out activities on the ship. I could have gone with some exotic sport, however this would require an extended explanation to allow people to play the game.

You will have noticed with 0.2 that the activities on the ship were limited. This came down to a matter of available time / effort to flesh these out. Moving forwards the real main story line kicks off with 0.3. In additional to the main story line, little activities will be added with each revision to make the ship feel more alive.

I just played prolog of this game (well, half of it).
I love this sci-fi setting! Story is nice, but reminds me of this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(In other words: everything happens too fast! Like in Luis recap)
I worked on the prologue prior to creating the more open world environment. In order to limit the quantity of navigation screens, I needed all of the crew on board. This meant that the prologue pacing was faster than ideal. Within the main game itself, the pace will be significantly slower. Additionally there will be backstories for most of the characters (Alice and Kara in 0.3).

PS: Relationships with Lia and Kara develop in 0.3.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
KAra Zor El! Bloom in the sparks of the Yellow Sun! burn bright with desire and unquenced thirst for MC revaging throbb!

Red head zebrah antilope babe for Gamers Glory!

• Love
Reactions: Xavster

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Release of Callisto 0.30b - Beta to $10 Patreons.

The big news from Feb 24th at 12:13pm

Callisto - 0.30b - Beta

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
As an update, I have uploaded the official v0.30 release to $5 and $10 Patreons. This version IMHO is a significant upgrade from v0.20, with plenty of new content and a revised navigation / hint system. It also includes progression of the main story line and relationships with Lia and Kara. This version will be available to $1 Patreons in 3 days time and I will make it available on F95 in 7 days time. I would request that it is not leaked in advance on this site, as I would like to maintain the benefits from being a Patreon. I love F95, but hope that you respect that the content you enjoy, comes from the hard work that individuals invest in creating it in the first place. I won't leave you completely empty handed, so a couple renders from v0.30.
alice 137.jpg
alice 108.jpg

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Thanks Xavster, I really appreciate your openness and up front announcement and sharing. With all the Devs out there who either ignore us or leave us hanging for weeks not knowing when the next update will be available, your approach is a breeze of fresh air. I'll gladly wait for ver 0.30 as, I'm sure others on F95 will also. I think your game is developing into a top notch game and I hope you and your patreons enjoy great success in the future. With best wishes, "The Prof!"

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thanks for your understand guys. With the release of 0.30 here, I will be more active in this thread. Really 0.30 provides a much better indication of where the game is headed. Hence discussion of what is already in the game and what is to be included in the game, become far more relevant. I am already hard at work on 0.40.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Just a heads up that Callisto 0.30 is available to $1 Patreons. Hence if you can't wait until Tuesday, feel free to sign up. Also, as a bit of a development update, I have been progressing on with 0.40 content, via the creation of the Rogue Den (Bar) and the range of alien characters that frequent this location. Couple of test images I did of the bar / characters below.
bar_001.jpg
bar_002.jpg

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes