professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
OK, It was Monday and I finally got to play 0.31 and my first impression was . . . "WHOA! This is gonna be GOOD!" and that held up. . . somewhat.
Where I started was just getting the Salvage scanner...but the next thing that happened was getting called before the Admiral and I never got to use it....?? red herring?? I missed something? (likely, I'm playing blind)

I got to the basketball game and 'whew' you put a lot of work into that. It was kinda fun, even if basket ball is not my game...I guessed my way to a win and a shower with the girls... cool... O'veralll B+ for a diversion but made me want to get back to the mission...

Which I never got past picking up the 'bot.' and it seemed like that was the end of this plot. no more stars...?? That's where I'm stopped.

I'm going back and start over and run through it again as I'm not sure I was doin it right as there were the new overview and interface/map to deal with. I feel I missed a lot.

OH, I did catch the TV News pgm in the Capt. cabin. Great show. IDEAS for that. 1) instead of repeating it after the first 'interview.' why not jst put a place holder that says "News Upcoming in nnn Hrs. Please return then" or whatever until you get more video's for the next edition? 2) Great place to 'stash clues' for situations ahead. 3) also could be used for Capt. Private communicator...?

Ok that's the first impression. Hope this helps..... Prof out.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
OK, It was Monday and I finally got to play 0.31 and my first impression was . . . "WHOA! This is gonna be GOOD!" and that held up. . . somewhat.
Where I started was just getting the Salvage scanner...but the next thing that happened was getting called before the Admiral and I never got to use it....?? red herring?? I missed something? (likely, I'm playing blind)

I got to the basketball game and 'whew' you put a lot of work into that. It was kinda fun, even if basket ball is not my game...I guessed my way to a win and a shower with the girls... cool... O'veralll B+ for a diversion but made me want to get back to the mission...

Which I never got past picking up the 'bot.' and it seemed like that was the end of this plot. no more stars...?? That's where I'm stopped.

I'm going back and start over and run through it again as I'm not sure I was doin it right as there were the new overview and interface/map to deal with. I feel I missed a lot.

OH, I did catch the TV News pgm in the Capt. cabin. Great show. IDEAS for that. 1) instead of repeating it after the first 'interview.' why not jst put a place holder that says "News Upcoming in nnn Hrs. Please return then" or whatever until you get more video's for the next edition? 2) Great place to 'stash clues' for situations ahead. 3) also could be used for Capt. Private communicator...?

Ok that's the first impression. Hope this helps..... Prof out.
The salvage scanner unlocks the Salvage Fields zone. It provides and alternative to commodities trading to raise additional credits. It can be done at any time you desire, you just need to travel there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As far as the TV, I intend to add additional new stories and 'other' stories with each update. I will probably do something like change the colour of the episode text to show you have already seen it.

Reactions: professorx10

Okamikari

Mar 30, 2018
Love the story, the art, the sci fi-setting, and the sexy girls. . Damn Kara, even your fangs look hot!
Fun fact: Did you notice, that Admiral Gracen pops out her nipples from time to time? I wonder if it was a
tactical maneuver :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Xavster

erkper

May 16, 2018
This game is incredible. I was leery when I saw "open world" because I tend to hate sandbox grinders, but even when I had to grind commodity trading to build enough cash to buy the scanner I found enough to do to keep me interested. (And since I got the scanner, I haven't even bothered with commodity trading at all. Guess Tiff shoulda stayed the maid, lol.) Models, renders, and animations are amazing. Can't wait for the next update.

Kara is so freakin hot. I need more! Next best IMO: Lia, Tanya, Rachel, Tiff, then not really interested in Julia or Alice. I did find it interesting the android appeared on the LI screen, haha. Keep up the good work, Xavster !

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Just some kind words to cheer the work on character/univers building this game have, very liked the overall writing!

Awesome cast, nice animations and renders (shower scenes <3). I also like to point the nice work on music.
The free roam is nice tuned and actually cool to play, you feels like a cap checking on girls and do stuff.
I really liked the overall quality of life this game have like the pad to check prices, girls, prologue,... and the navigation shortcuts!

Looking forward for more content, I only played the Prologue before and played whole night the new content since, hope you can continue this project and growth it healthy, it's a nice piece of Sci-Fi in good hands and there is no limits!

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
Spotted a few bugs:
- Tanya keeps lurking into your room each night, no difference if you call her or not. It was like that until I flew to another location.
- Tanya's night scene ending with few screens from the prologue (when you give permission to Lia to stay in your bed).
- By some means, I'm not always can buy/sell stuff in my inventory. No clues are given why it is so... buttons just not doing anything. Am I missing something?
- Not sure about the algorithm behind basketball game success throw chance, but I think it can have some improvement - I got a game where I missed ~10 throws in a row. Not cool.

Overall - very nice ofc. Kara is a bombshell :cool:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Man this is starting to really impress me! Story's working, girls are hot (and personalities starting to get interesting) and the graphics are great. ok....stop. I did find a couple typos... I'll have to check back as they were minor and I skipped past as I was having fun... sorry.
Animation: (fabulous that you have it throughout, many do not except fap scenes) Kara's fight/workoug routines are fabulous! The girls in the basket ball game are good for the way it works. However, I've spotted a couple areas of improvement in animation. In viewing the enemy's orbit around the planet (Lia's--forgot its name) while the planet rotated several times my screen flashed white and blanked all but the planet and rings. . . regularly. This happened on a couple of other ship views but not so often/regular. Also, when the girls open the port to leap over to a ship to look for stuff, the animation cuts off at times before the door is open...sometimes...like 40% of the time. These dropouts hamper otherwise great animation sequences.
And, BTW, while I'm on animation. It may be a problem but I always thought that the 'leap through the space gate' that the ship repeatedly does when traveling could have more 'segments' in it. It looks so jerky. Don't make it last longer, short is good, just smooth the motion across the scene. We have to watch that animation repeatedly so often, that would be a major improvement in visual quality.
Hope these notes help you make a great game even more awesome!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Spotted a few bugs:
- Tanya keeps lurking into your room each night, no difference if you call her or not. It was like that until I flew to another location.
- Tanya's night scene ending with few screens from the prologue (when you give permission to Lia to stay in your bed).
- By some means, I'm not always can buy/sell stuff in my inventory. No clues are given why it is so... buttons just not doing anything. Am I missing something?
- Not sure about the algorithm behind basketball game success throw chance, but I think it can have some improvement - I got a game where I missed ~10 throws in a row. Not cool.

Overall - very nice ofc. Kara is a bombshell :cool:
There we a couple bugs in the code relating to nested if statements. They were behaving a little different from what I expected. This resulted in the code jumping to a different label. Tanya bug I have already fixed, will need to investigate the jump to prologue.

The basketball game outcomes are based upon random numbers. As far as making / missing shots, if you attempt a difficult shot you have like a 30% change of making it and about 80% chance of making an easy shot. Which plays you face is also depended upon random numbers. One thing that concerns me is just how random the RenPy random number generator is? Which ships you also find during salvage is also dependent upon 'random' numbers, however there have been instances where I seem to get a string of the same ships cropping up.

Man this is starting to really impress me! Story's working, girls are hot (and personalities starting to get interesting) and the graphics are great. ok....stop. I did find a couple typos... I'll have to check back as they were minor and I skipped past as I was having fun... sorry.
Animation: (fabulous that you have it throughout, many do not except fap scenes) Kara's fight/workoug routines are fabulous! The girls in the basket ball game are good for the way it works. However, I've spotted a couple areas of improvement in animation. In viewing the enemy's orbit around the planet (Lia's--forgot its name) while the planet rotated several times my screen flashed white and blanked all but the planet and rings. . . regularly. This happened on a couple of other ship views but not so often/regular. Also, when the girls open the port to leap over to a ship to look for stuff, the animation cuts off at times before the door is open...sometimes...like 40% of the time. These dropouts hamper otherwise great animation sequences.
And, BTW, while I'm on animation. It may be a problem but I always thought that the 'leap through the space gate' that the ship repeatedly does when traveling could have more 'segments' in it. It looks so jerky. Don't make it last longer, short is good, just smooth the motion across the scene. We have to watch that animation repeatedly so often, that would be a major improvement in visual quality.
Hope these notes help you make a great game even more awesome!
As far as the animations, you may be having a bit of an issue with your hardware in terms of Ren'Py video playback. The animations you are really having problems with are the ones with a transparency mask. If looks like the transparency mask isn't keeping up, hence the video is obscuring the background. This is not something that I can resolve outside removing them from the game. I could place a switch in the game, accessible via the captains computer, that would remove these animations and replace with static images.

The space gate animations should run smoothly as they are at 30FPS. Linked below is the webm file for the Pleiades Space Gate. You should be able to play it in a video player / chrome. This will give you a comparison to what you are seeing in the game.

Reactions: Sin'Gul Arity

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Spotted a few bugs:
There should be only 2 instances where you can't purchase commodities.
- You already have commodities / salvage in your hold.
- You have insufficient credits to purchase selected quantity.
For both there should be a sound effect indicating it is unsuccessful.

In terms of selling, it should only fail (get beep), when you have no commodities in the hold.

If you are experiencing something other than the above, a save game would be appreciated to assist me in correcting the code.

Reactions: Sin'Gul Arity

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
As far as the animations, you may be having a bit of an issue with your hardware in terms of Ren'Py video playback. The animations you are really having problems with are the ones with a transparency mask. If looks like the transparency mask isn't keeping up, hence the video is obscuring the background. This is not something that I can resolve outside removing them from the game. I could place a switch in the game, accessible via the captains computer, that would remove these animations and replace with static images.

The space gate animations should run smoothly as they are at 30FPS. Linked below is the webm file for the Pleiades Space Gate. You should be able to play it in a video player / chrome. This will give you a comparison to what you are seeing in the game.
Space Gate Animation
Xavster , Thanks for the test video. It plays totally smoothly. I went back and loaded the game and watched the same sequence. It is like I'm getting 11 still shots as the ship moves across the screen. (I counted) Obviously it is my hardware. So maybe this is the cause of my other issues too?
THis brings up the 'minimum required hardware issue.' My PC is pretty lame. Just a 1.44ghz Intel Atom 64bit 4 thread processor with 4 gig of ram and an integrated Intel video graphics. SO, two thoughts. 1) is there anything I could do to help my units's performance? and 2) if my unit is insufficient, what is needed to play the game smoothly? ...and maybe indicate that on page one of the thread so others with lame units like mind don't blame the game? BTW, I sure don't want you switching out the animations...I love 'em. There are many static image games and moving up to animations adds a lot in my book.

cheers...

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster , Thanks for the test video. It plays totally smoothly. I went back and loaded the game and watched the same sequence. It is like I'm getting 11 still shots as the ship moves across the screen. (I counted) Obviously it is my hardware. So maybe this is the cause of my other issues too?
THis brings up the 'minimum required hardware issue.' My PC is pretty lame. Just a 1.44ghz Intel Atom 64bit 4 thread processor with 4 gig of ram and an integrated Intel video graphics. SO, two thoughts. 1) is there anything I could do to help my units's performance? and 2) if my unit is insufficient, what is needed to play the game smoothly? ...and maybe indicate that on page one of the thread so others with lame units like mind don't blame the game? BTW, I sure don't want you switching out the animations...I love 'em. There are many static image games and moving up to animations adds a lot in my book.

cheers...
As far as what is required to play the game smoothly, I simply don't know. The only way to get a good idea is to test it over an array of hardware, which is not really possible, outside a full retail game with a full development team. As far as your machine, I would guess that the integrated graphics is probably the biggest issue. 4 gig of RAM should be sufficient, however you could check this by opening your task manager and going to the performance tab when the game is running. I really can't give you a recommendation though and be confident that it will fix your issues.

I do not have any intention of removing the animations from the game, however I can give players with low spec machines the option of either bypassing the animations or replacing with a few step images. Would be a reasonable amount of work to do this, so no intention of having it ready for next release. However if there is enough demand, would likely include at some point. Note that the animations you are having a problem with, are the ones that have transparency mask and also the higher FPS ones. About half the animations are at 20FPS, which you seem to be able to play adequately.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
so i just checked this title out and have been diggin the story! however, im getting a bit frustrated at times where theres a star on the map indicating that there is more story content between the characters in the area but when i attempt to interact with them i have them tell me to come back later or their busy right now... something along those lines! did i miss something that hasnt unlocked the conditions for this conversation yet? is this just a place holder for content that is yet to come! (if the latter is the case... thats so evil. teasing us with possible content that we cant get to yet!)

second concern i had was, where is all the sex? i apologize for being blunt but the shower scene after the game and the two scenes with Tanya are all ive found so far! are we gonna be able to have relations with all the girls? ive already seen the convo where Alice gets upset that we messed around with Rachel in the shower and Julia is reluctant to have any shower fun because the MC is with Tanya. will we be able to go down the harem route and romance the whole crew like a cooler version of captain Kirk or are we gonna be stuck having to chose a main love interest or even have multiple lovers but have to face the consequences of cheating on our girlfriends?

anyway, the story is great! aside from some grammatical errors the game looks nice and i cant wait to see where the story goes... and have doc Julia give me her extra special treatment! (hope that content is coming soon)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
so i just checked this title out and have been diggin the story! however, im getting a bit frustrated at times where theres a star on the map indicating that there is more story content between the characters in the area but when i attempt to interact with them i have them tell me to come back later or their busy right now... something along those lines! did i miss something that hasnt unlocked the conditions for this conversation yet? is this just a place holder for content that is yet to come! (if the latter is the case... thats so evil. teasing us with possible content that we cant get to yet!)

second concern i had was, where is all the sex? i apologize for being blunt but the shower scene after the game and the two scenes with Tanya are all ive found so far! are we gonna be able to have relations with all the girls? ive already seen the convo where Alice gets upset that we messed around with Rachel in the shower and Julia is reluctant to have any shower fun because the MC is with Tanya. will we be able to go down the harem route and romance the whole crew like a cooler version of captain Kirk or are we gonna be stuck having to chose a main love interest or even have multiple lovers but have to face the consequences of cheating on our girlfriends?

anyway, the story is great! aside from some grammatical errors the game looks nice and i cant wait to see where the story goes... and have doc Julia give me her extra special treatment! (hope that content is coming soon)
If the star you are referring to is a gold one on the bridge, then you need to speak to Tanya. If it's anything else, could you clarify time / location or include save game and I will take a look. The hint system is a bit of a nightmare to code / check.

As far as lewd content, it's only 0.31. The main story line needs to progress to 'unlock' other characters.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
the stars have been both silver and gold. ive pretty much put together that blue stars indicate an erotic event, no problems with these. however there is the time i believe at "Late" when Julia and Tanya are talking in the lounge area (silver star) and when approached by the MC he greets them Julia returns the greeting only to have tanya tell him shes busy talking to her friend and the MC should leave them alone! at the same time period i think its an event with Korra, Tiffany, and Lia at the dinning table and the MC greets the girls they return the greeting and he says he will leave them to their convo and thats it! its just small occurrences like that.

heres my save file if that will help narrow down the issue.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
the stars have been both silver and gold. ive pretty much put together that blue stars indicate an erotic event, no problems with these. however there is the time i believe at "Late" when Julia and Tanya are talking in the lounge area (silver star) and when approached by the MC he greets them Julia returns the greeting only to have tanya tell him shes busy talking to her friend and the MC should leave them alone! at the same time period i think its an event with Korra, Tiffany, and Lia at the dinning table and the MC greets the girls they return the greeting and he says he will leave them to their convo and thats it! its just small occurrences like that.

heres my save file if that will help narrow down the issue.
What version of the game are you playing? I suspect you may be on 0.30 rather than 0.31. As soon as I ran the update_quest label on version 0.31, the issue resolved itself. Playing your save game for the following week on 0.31, didn't kick up any hint issues. The main reason for 0.31 was to resolve the quest / hint bugs.

If you don't want to download 0.31, just pay attention to the gold stars on the bridge. From looking at your event variables you have done almost all of the other side events.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
ok right on! yeah im playing version 0.30 and not 0.31! thanks for looking into that as quickly as you did. like i said before im digging the game and the story and its awesome that you interact with your fans! keep up the great work!

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
just finished version 0.30 without even knowing it had bugs or that there was a hint system and not just the stars on map lol..
might have missed some side quests but im sure it will sort itself out when I play the next version.
very nice game so far!
nice animations.. nice story progression.. cant wait for next version to be able to upgrade the ship and see what new options we get :)

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xavster, on the hardware front, I put it on my other machine which is an Intel, I3, 3.2Ghz 4xproc(dual core) with 8Gbytes Ram and Intel 530 integrated video and it ran smoooooth as silk. (wow, great animation!) So there is a data point on hardware needed.
On the 'typo' front, when they meet the Admiral the 1st time look for "intergrate my equipment" instead of "integrate my equip", The space Corps are spelled "Space Core" and Lia returns from shopping saying "Don't look pretty in these clothes?" (no "I")

EDIT: I had played ver 0.31 to the end and saved my games. I went back and started over and had a couple things pop up. One was when I clicked on the engine room about day 10 (?) I got an error. See attached file.
The second thing-and I saw someone else had this problem too so I don't know if this is redundant if you've already addressed it-- but Tanya shows up consistently every night whether or not you send for her. . . for the ten days that I've replayed.
Ok, I hope these items help you improve an already great start. View attachment traceback.txt Overall you're doin' great! Keep ON Target!! :cool:

Last edited:

Sin'Gul Arity

May 4, 2019
There should be only 2 instances where you can't purchase commodities.
- You already have commodities / salvage in your hold.
- You have insufficient credits to purchase selected quantity.
For both there should be a sound effect indicating it is unsuccessful.

In terms of selling, it should only fail (get beep), when you have no commodities in the hold.

If you are experiencing something other than the above, a save game would be appreciated to assist me in correcting the code.
Thanks for the answer. It looks like an archive with the game was damaged on download or smth, cuz I redownloaded the game and now almost everything is fine. These issues had gone:
Now it's ended with Lia coming, but the room is the same where we had night scene with Tanya. And it seems to be correct.
- By some means, I'm not always can buy/sell stuff in my inventory. No clues are given why it is so... buttons just not doing anything.
Everything works fine.

One more question please - how could I know that I found all version events? It should be a title screen or smth? Because I'm flying from planet to planet without any clue what to do now... I bought a scanner and salvaging ships now. Selling wreckage on the junkyard. Like 10 weeks or so had passed in this way. I flew over all available locations a few times.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
One more question please - how could I know that I found all version events? It should be a title screen or smth? Because I'm flying from planet to planet without any clue what to do now... I bought a scanner and salvaging ships now. Selling wreckage on the junkyard. Like 10 weeks or so had passed in this way. I flew over all available locations a few times.
In 0.31 there is an screen that indicates the end of the main story line. As far as side events, if you have completed the main story line and then there are no stars on the map interface outside repeatable events, then all of the side events are also complete.

Reactions: Gods
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes