Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Is the main story close to being finished? The reason I ask this is because the quest tracking page for the main story is almost filled up. I hope that there is still a lot more story to tell. Love sci-fi stuff. Too bad there isn't more games like this here.

Also, for the space battle, can someone please tell me what is the best choices to make when choosing your 2nd, and 3rd wing commanders, and what forces to assign them to so that the best outcome will be achieved?
The game will wind up with version v1.0. This will close out all of the current story threads and also provide several epilogues. I have no intention of dragging out the story and I am looking forward to a clean slate. Callisto is my first game and with what I have learnt, the second will be even better.

As far as assignments for the battle, it is dependent upon a range of variables and previous events. Outcomes in the second and third side mission are taken into account. As are all of the decisions made during the training simulations. There is no simple answer to your question, as it is dependent upon a range of previous events. If you just survive the battle, it will be possible to complete the game with a positive ending, however I wouldn't want to make too many poor decisions.

Reactions: scalvi and 3rop

Akifai

May 8, 2017
The game will wind up with version v1.0. This will close out all of the current story threads and also provide several epilogues. I have no intention of dragging out the story and I am looking forward to a clean slate. Callisto is my first game and with what I have learnt, the second will be even better.

As far as assignments for the battle, it is dependent upon a range of variables and previous events. Outcomes in the second and third side mission are taken into account. As are all of the decisions made during the training simulations. There is no simple answer to your question, as it is dependent upon a range of previous events. If you just survive the battle, it will be possible to complete the game with a positive ending, however I wouldn't want to make too many poor decisions.

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. If you don't mind, can you answer two things for me?

First, is your new game gonna be full on sci-fi like this one?

Second, how do you access the "Lounge JT" miscellaneous event "B?" I just can't get it, and it's bugging the hell out of me because seeing the "B" greyed out is really triggering my ocd since everything else is complete. Please tell me how to get it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. If you don't mind, can you answer two things for me?

First, is your new game gonna be full on sci-fi like this one?

Second, how do you access the "Lounge JT" miscellaneous event "B?" I just can't get it, and it's bugging the hell out of me because seeing the "B" greyed out is really triggering my ocd since everything else is complete. Please tell me how to get it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The second game is planned to be based upon a space station in the Orion Sector. Like sci-fi and have already invested in suitable assets.

As far your quest, you need to get a blowjob from Julia in the medbay first, before the scene is active. Then it's a conversation between Julia and Tanya about that previous event.

Reactions: save8lot

Akifai

May 8, 2017
The second game is planned to be based upon a space station in the Orion Sector. Like sci-fi and have already invested in suitable assets.

As far your quest, you need to get a blowjob from Julia in the medbay first, before the scene is active. Then it's a conversation between Julia and Tanya about that previous event.

Space station, by any chance, did you get the inspiration from Babylon 5, and/or Deep Space 9? I'll look forward to your next game. Full on adult space sci-fi games are far, and few. It's nice to see more people taking on this genre. I usually hate sandbox games, but yours hooked me in with the space sci-fi element/theme.

Also, thanks for the help with getting the scene. I finally managed to access it. I got it the first time, but on that playthrough, I had a dreaded "bypassed" scene. With my ocd, I started a second time, got everything except for that particular scene.

By the way, I know it's debatable...actually, no it's not, it's just plain fact; Julia has one of the absolute best looking set of tits in any game. They are freakin amazingly shaped. You are a hero for making those things. (y)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hornyowl

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Looking forward to that one as well Xavster. Just curious, any plans to rework your first game using knowledge gained from this one?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Looking forward to that one as well Xavster. Just curious, any plans to rework your first game using knowledge gained from this one?
Probably not. The writing has progressively been getting better, as I release successive versions. This is predominately related to increased planning and also feedback from the development team. Some of the systemic issues, such as the ship feeling a little devoid of life, is not something that I can fix. Hence the goal is to close out the current game nicely and then move onto the next project.

Whilst the next game is set to be based upon a space station, it will be a highly variable set, where you start with a run down station, which you then upgrade and add features. Along with this, new members will populate this location. There will also be a number of missions and activities off station and various ships to procure. One of the goals is to make the station feel alive. Hence not only does the set change, but the participants and visitors change as well. All of this is next year though, as I am committed to getting the first project completed first.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
This is pretty awesome, how do you get the other side quests to go, I have side quest 2 available but never see anything that lets me start it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This is pretty awesome, how do you get the other side quests to go, I have side quest 2 available but never see anything that lets me start it.
Just travel to Beehive Station. Side quests trigger from there.

Reactions: Arato23

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
I can't beat the last mission no matter what.
I really don't want to start from scratch considering there's not even a good walkthrough, the one available doesn't show the best option for each step, only some, so I probably made wrong decisions WAY back that I can't fix.
I just die every time.

and starting the whole thing over? That's motivation to uninstall and never try again not restart.

the only side quest I made saves at each step along the way was side quest 2.
the only decisions I can see being important involving it are who to give the necklace to and who to contact among the rhean right before the battle

I tried a few options and nothing seemed to impact the results, always get killed, and the Rhean don't seem to do anything

I suppose after looking up how to do side missions 3a and 3b I might still have a chance but.. the outcome being this complicated and strict to get anything but game over.. not the best plan

Consider a skip function like other Renpy VN's.. that would make it a little less of a slog if you do have to start from the beginning for something like this

Last edited:

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I'm no expert cause I just finished the game, but I think the things that determine whether you're successful or not are Who you gave the necklace to, if you gave the recruits good advice during the flying lessons, and WHO you choose as second and thrid wing and WHERE you assign them.. The decisions I made are: Gave the necklace to Caleb, called Caleb and asked him to intervene, put the sister of the Helean who attacks you as second wing and Xiu (?) as the third Wing. Can't exactly remember where I delegated each of them though, but every spot gives you different results/losses/casualties, and picking these two was the best option for me.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I can't beat the last mission no matter what.
I really don't want to start from scratch considering there's not even a good walkthrough, the one available doesn't show the best option for each step, only some, so I probably made wrong decisions WAY back that I can't fix.
I just die every time.

and starting the whole thing over? That's motivation to uninstall and never try again not restart.

the only side quest I made saves at each step along the way was side quest 2.
the only decisions I can see being important involving it are who to give the necklace to and who to contact among the rhean right before the battle

I tried a few options and nothing seemed to impact the results, always get killed, and the Rhean don't seem to do anything

I suppose after looking up how to do side missions 3a and 3b I might still have a chance but.. the outcome being this complicated and strict to get anything but game over.. not the best plan

Consider a skip function like other Renpy VN's.. that would make it a little less of a slog if you do have to start from the beginning for something like this
If you paid attention during the training missions, you would realise that the Kal'trath do poorly against fighters. Hence if you allow them to swarm you, things will not go well. You can complete the Krillen battle, no matter what previous decisions you made, however you will take more losses if you made poor decisions previously or didn't bother.

I suspect your issue is that you have failed to allocate any forces to tie down the battle cruisers, hence they jumped to your main fleet and launched fighters. Just allocate your forces in the battle setup interface.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Out of curiosity what's considered a "good" outcome for that fight from a casuality standpoint ?

I can't recall specifics right now but i think i remember seeing something like losing 60 units with 17 recovered injured.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Out of curiosity what's considered a "good" outcome for that fight from a casuality standpoint ?

I can't recall specifics right now but i think i remember seeing something like losing 60 units with 17 recovered injured.
I ended with 44 KIA and 49 wounded. No Kal'traths lost.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
If you paid attention during the training missions, you would realise that the Kal'trath do poorly against fighters. Hence if you allow them to swarm you, things will not go well. You can complete the Krillen battle, no matter what previous decisions you made, however you will take more losses if you made poor decisions previously or didn't bother.

I suspect your issue is that you have failed to allocate any forces to tie down the battle cruisers, hence they jumped to your main fleet and launched fighters. Just allocate your forces in the battle setup interface.
I put the Zircs on the cruisers, the rest were on frigates, I tried a few ways of dealing with the necklace, and after doing the 3rd side mission was able to beat it but the thing was.. the 3rd mission was greyed out and going to sleep without a girl staying over always triggered the last main mission, so having to wait 5 days to even get the 3rd side mission is counterintuitive since it just looks like it's locked and you think "maybe that's after the last main mission"

But really, skip read text function would help. When I think about "I have to start from the beginning and just spam click through all the dialogue until choices" it just seems like "screw this, I'm deleting instead"

• Angry

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I put the Zircs on the cruisers, the rest were on frigates, I tried a few ways of dealing with the necklace, and after doing the 3rd side mission was able to beat it but the thing was.. the 3rd mission was greyed out and going to sleep without a girl staying over always triggered the last main mission, so having to wait 5 days to even get the 3rd side mission is counterintuitive since it just looks like it's locked and you think "maybe that's after the last main mission"

But really, skip read text function would help. When I think about "I have to start from the beginning and just spam click through all the dialogue until choices" it just seems like "screw this, I'm deleting instead"
You need the Rhean's help for the cruisers, which goes back to who got the necklace (you should have saved your game there...the mod implied/stated that) and who you contacted for help before the battle. I don't think the girls sleeping over has anything to do with it, if its greyed out you did something wrong somewhere.

You don't need a skip read text function...that's what saves are for.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I'm no expert cause I just finished the game, but I think the things that determine whether you're successful or not are Who you gave the necklace to, if you gave the recruits good advice during the flying lessons, and WHO you choose as second and thrid wing and WHERE you assign them.. The decisions I made are: Gave the necklace to Caleb, called Caleb and asked him to intervene, put the sister of the Helean who attacks you as second wing and Xiu (?) as the third Wing. Can't exactly remember where I delegated each of them though, but every spot gives you different results/losses/casualties, and picking these two was the best option for me.
You need to pay attention to the MC during training. The best wing commanders are the ones with least aggression.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Skip read text can be enabled in preferences menu, as in every other Ren'py game. Or just press and hold Tab

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

Given your difficulties with the battle, I thought I would check whether getting past this point was in some way difficult. There are two possible ways of suffering a defeat in the final battle, with the corresponding text below.
Python:
        alice angry "Why didn't you send a force to engage the Cruisers?"
        alice nervous "They have opened jump gates; they will be on us in seconds."
        alice shock "We are completely overwhelmed! We are done for!"
Python:
            alice worried "The Krillen ships are moving away from the station and spooling up Captain."
            alice nervous "They have opened jump gates; they will be on us in seconds."
            alice shock "We are completely overwhelmed! We are done for!"
The first lines in both tell you exactly what you did wrong. I created a battle with many different decisions and also an array of outcomes, largely driven by formulae. I am sorry you struggled with the battle, however I couldn't have made it much more obvious, outside of an auto button.

I would also note that the battle is dependent upon a large number of variables, however having poor values of these variables, will mean that you will take significant losses in the battle, but it is still winnable. Also I would note, that a good result in the battle, doesn't necessarily mean the best final result. Life is never that simple. ;)

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
You need the Rhean's help for the cruisers, which goes back to who got the necklace (you should have saved your game there...the mod implied/stated that) and who you contacted for help before the battle. I don't think the girls sleeping over has anything to do with it, if its greyed out you did something wrong somewhere.

You don't need a skip read text function...that's what saves are for.
Yeah you do need a skip read text function if we're talking about a decision made several quests ago has an impact, saves get overwritten sometimes.
and the girl sleeping over was to prevent the last mission from triggering.
if you don't have a girl sleeping over Lia wakes you up and starts the mission and you cannot back out to try and do the 3rd side mission.
as far as I can tell you cannot survive the last mission without doing both side mission 2 and 3.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes