Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
how's it feel answering the same question 50 times, man?
As long as it's spaced out enough, it's bearable.
If it happens too many times in a short time span, I can go to the linked comment and retrofit it with instructions, forcing everyone to stare at them on their way and making anyone who STILL has problems safely mockable.

beanbeans

Apr 6, 2021
So i was trying to pop in a completed save and i learned my save is called dbScript.sql and every other save is cGameDB.db is this a me dumb thing or is something wrong
Ever since .5, the save data was moved from the main folder to C:\Users\REPLACETHISWITHYOURPC'NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Perveloper\Captivity
The following should be my save file... I think, which is all achievements save losing a bunch of times because that's not fun.

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
I cant get mind broken ;-;
the cheat wont let me, any fix for that?
im using the cheat which is highlighted in the link for the game, or any way to remove the infinite hearts?
did you figure this out? I dont know what menu the other guy is talking about

Anongoog

Jun 6, 2022
Nice game and all but normal difficulty is so hard and there's nothing but cosmetics, no perks to make the game easier.
I know there's an easy mode but I feel like there should've been another option to reduce difficulty like in-game items. The content + graphics is quite limited as well but it could still be appreciated

Reactions: arandofool

saow_the_overlord

Oct 5, 2021
As ppl said here, each save has it own code, you can overwrite your save with someone elses and use their code. Save is on "/Captivity_Data/StreamingAssets/xGameDB.db", you can edit the save with DBBrowser, there you can see the code for the save.

Also set the CheatEngine scan on 4 bytes, it's easy to hack the money.

Also waiting for someone upload 1.0.1, several changes regarding the difficulty.
what do you mean by "edit the save with DBBrowser" what is DBBrowser and how do i use it?

sdsadsadsadsadas

Sep 3, 2023
great start
View attachment 905401

Overview:
Captivity is an adult, erotic action game in which you need to fight waves of sexually driven enemies.
In Captivity you will: run, dodge, climb, shoot, kill, find and buy guns, inject yourself with drugs and expose yourself to hostile enemies to survive and complete challenges. There are 5 levels with 20 enemies in total that will provide a though challenge for you! Every enemy has in-game H-animations for you to discover. There are over 20 guns to choose from: find your favorites and explode some heads! Worried you might get defeated (among other things?): inject yourself with some drugs to save your skin! Try to reach higher waves to get new highscores. Try to complete over 75 interesting challenges (experiments) to unlock new clothes, and to regain your freedom!​

Thread Updated: 2022-11-12
Release Date: 2020-11-22
Developer: Perveloper - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0.5b
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Win
(Debug): - - MEGA -

Extras: Mods Package -
Cheat

Thanks Gadriel for the share

View attachment 905416 View attachment 905391 View attachment 905392 View attachment 905393 View attachment 905394 View attachment 905395
View attachment 905396 View attachment 905397 View attachment 905398 View attachment 905399 View attachment 905400
View attachment 905401

Overview:
Captivity is an adult, erotic action game in which you need to fight waves of sexually driven enemies.
In Captivity you will: run, dodge, climb, shoot, kill, find and buy guns, inject yourself with drugs and expose yourself to hostile enemies to survive and complete challenges. There are 5 levels with 20 enemies in total that will provide a though challenge for you! Every enemy has in-game H-animations for you to discover. There are over 20 guns to choose from: find your favorites and explode some heads! Worried you might get defeated (among other things?): inject yourself with some drugs to save your skin! Try to reach higher waves to get new highscores. Try to complete over 75 interesting challenges (experiments) to unlock new clothes, and to regain your freedom!​

Thread Updated: 2022-11-12
Release Date: 2020-11-22
Developer: Perveloper - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0.5b
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Win
(Debug): - - MEGA -

Extras: Mods Package -
Cheat

Thanks Gadriel for the share

View attachment 905416 View attachment 905391 View attachment 905392 View attachment 905393 View attachment 905394 View attachment 905395
View attachment 905396 View attachment 905397 View attachment 905398 View attachment 905399 View attachment 905400
Level 2 is terrible and gross, the fly enemy design is terrible its hit box is so small they are tankier then the bigger bosses not even factoring the pistols accuracy, how are you gonna make the basic grunt mob the hardest mob to kill, are you new to game design? Do you understand basic mechanics at all?

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Level 2 is terrible and gross, the fly enemy design is terrible its hit box is so small they are tankier then the bigger bosses not even factoring the pistols accuracy, how are you gonna make the basic grunt mob the hardest mob to kill, are you new to game design? Do you understand basic mechanics at all?
Ah, new AND belligerent. What a wonderful combo.
Let's start off with the basics. BaasB did not make the game, they just uploaded it here. Perveloper made the game.
Next, the obvious. Yes, level 2 is the hardest level... but the Fly is NOT tankier then the biggest bosses. It's pretty frail, just hard to hit.
This game also doesn't use hitboxes. You shoot the character model, you deal damage, that's all there is to it.
Yes, in fact, Perveloper is new to game design. They made this game as a learning experience.
It also used to be so, so much worse. You originally couldn't step on larva, and had to shoot them. Now THAT was a tiny target.
...Play other levels as you gt gud? I think the pistol's accuracy is making you THINK the flies are a lot more dangerous then they really are. Plus, look away and they'll gather up right behind you.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Another thing to note is that Perveloper is not actively working on Captivity any further either, hence the "Completed" label. Honestly, given Perveloper's experience in game development, Captivity is actually pretty well put together despite some balancing issues with certain maps being generally harder than others. I would actually say the issue mainly lies in the fact that the shack map is too simple, leaving the rest to feel unnaturally more challenging by comparison. Enemies on other maps require the player to think more carefully about how to despatch enemies and manage upgrades more intently. Not to mention that aside from the Alien themed map, all of the other feature verticallity rather than linear left-right designs. The shack also has the fewest list of foes at 3, and 2 of them are mechanically copies of one another, and no flying enemies. The simplest fix would have been labeling the shack map as a practice or starter map.

If you are finding the other maps to be a bit much, there are mods that can give you a leg up. The C4C mod gives the player much more generous survival chances by jacking up the number of hearts you start with, among other changes that I can't recall. I'll include a link to a slew of mods gracious;y pulled together by one of the Discord chaps below. Do note that mods are only compatible with each other as long as they do not replace the same file.

Last edited:

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
This game also doesn't use hitboxes. You shoot the character model, you deal damage, that's all there is to it.
I don't really disagree with your overall post, but my man, if in a game you're able to shoot at something and it interacts with the shot (gets damaged/killed), then there's a hitbox.That's literally how you get two entities to interact with each other in games.

Reactions: ViviX12

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Arent most engines using meshing to determine collision on a gameObject these days?
"Hitboxes" is something from the past i think?

Edit: Just released were taliking 2D and not 3D. Guess hitboxes is still a thing in 2D

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I don't really disagree with your overall post, but my man, if in a game you're able to shoot at something and it interacts with the shot (gets damaged/killed), then there's a hitbox.That's literally how you get two entities to interact with each other in games.
To my knowledge, with Unity you can generate hitboxes based on sprites, but yeah even if almost the same hitboxes are still there as their own thing

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
...In 3-D games.
3-D games can't run on 'you shoot the model, you deal damage' because the models have so many polygons that would each individually need to be checked every frame to see if they've been hit. Thus, a simple, invisible box around the character that is much cheaper to monitor for incoming fire.
Plenty of games take this a step further, and have a single massive box around the entire character to simplify hit detection even more.
Don't need to do that here. You shoot the character sprite, you deal damage. Each sprite is just the silhouettes of their parts, which are cheap enough to monitor that you don't need any external hit detection like hitboxes.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
...In 3-D games.
3-D games can't run on 'you shoot the model, you deal damage' because the models have so many polygons that would each individually need to be checked every frame to see if they've been hit. Thus, a simple, invisible box around the character that is much cheaper to monitor for incoming fire.
Plenty of games take this a step further, and have a single massive box around the entire character to simplify hit detection even more.
Don't need to do that here. You shoot the character sprite, you deal damage. Each sprite is just the silhouettes of their parts, which are cheap enough to monitor that you don't need any external hit detection like hitboxes.
Then we just disagree on the definition of what a hitbox is. An invisible shape bounding the model of an entity which is used to determine collision. Whether that shape is a literal box or the sprite itself matters very little to me, I call both a hitbox.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes