RPGM Completed Captured by Dark Elves: Arachna’s Return [Final Edition] [Darktoz]

3.60 star(s) 43 Votes

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
@Edvin

While I can understand what you mean by saying "it's bad trying to please everyone" the creator never wanted to do that, he is focused in femdom and all of it's types, be it humilliation, torture, pegging...

Basically you can find from light femdom to hardcore femdom in his games, in fact the only bad point that I actually find is that he tries to make everything optional and that kind of hurts the story sometimes. It is always much harder to write when you give options because you have to take into consideration if x "did or did not happen".

In this game we take the rol of a slave so I just hope that the character gets treated as a slave and used by the dark elves, if a slave tried to do the same I would hope to get the chance to fight him/her off and only if I'm defeated they do whatever they want. Personally I'm here because I want to play a slave life in a game. I have played quite a few games as the trainer so it's kind of interesting to see the other side of the coin, but for the setting to be good, many things should be unavoidable (while quite a few could be avoidable).
This. The bit in the Asylum where Horney asks you whether or not you like pegging to then use the information the next day to give one of 2 possible scenes was very smart, as it gave the player what he wanted without actually giving him direct control, which would have made little sense in a game where the protagonist is (basically) a slave. That said in the same game there were like 3/4 other unavoidable pegging scenes, so... weird.

Reactions: DawnCry and UncleVT

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
This. The bit in the Asylum where Horney asks you whether or not you like pegging to then use the information the next day to give one of 2 possible scenes was very smart, as it gave the player what he wanted without actually giving him direct control, which would have made little sense in a game where the protagonist is (basically) a slave. That said in the same game there were like 3/4 other unavoidable pegging scenes, so... weird.
Indeed, in asylum they want to train you and that you accept their training, so it makes sense that it has a few avoidable scenes or that change based on choices, but well the more they advance the less they care about what you want haha.

But in this game from the start the slavers don't give a shit about the MC and I hope that we get that feeling of being "used without caring" and then earn respect by our actions during the game, I would say that by becoming stronger the MC would earn a bit of respect, at least enough so that the dark elves don't try to provoke you all the time.

In fact this game feels like it should be the contrary to asylum, at the start almost everything unavoidable but later on when we are stronger and all that we should have quite a bit more of freedom and respect.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I tried to play this but after fight with some big bug I got only black screen and nothing happens. Is that bug or end of version?

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Well, since criticism is actually your subjective opinion, every criticism must be true (If you have not decided to lie).
Try to name a single movie or a game where was strategy "Let's please all !" successful.
The vast majority of others are tragic failures like "SW: Last Jedi".
I could show you a lot of charts, reviews, ratings and write a great deal about how bad movie Last Jedi was...
But I'd rather not start long off topic discussion. (But if you are interested, we can continue the discussion in private.)
As mentioned by RC, might want to define your terms because successful doesn't = good heh, and you switch what you were talking about between posts.
Trying to please as many (can never be all as lots are mutually exclusive) as possible is a movie (and many others) staple, since as above, it can make a ton of money. Ever wonder why you get a romance in a movie that really shouldn't be there? Date crowd demographics grab. Chekov in the original Star Trek, youth crowd grab. Do those necessarily break the movie, no. Can they, maybe. Like Wesley in STNG, he tries hard heh. But that's also due to how it's done, not the act itself.

The trick is balancing how much more appeal (business) you bring in, VS any issues to where it becomes counter productive. Which is one of the BIG fights film directors have VS the suits putting up the money.
Because something that appeals to a 1,000,000 people where it's good enough that half will buy it, makes more money than something that appeals to 100,000 people, so much where everyone buys a ticket.

For the game....as money is involved (Patreon), I have to believe he's looking at successful as in $$.

As previously mentioned, I also think the point is if you stick to a basic genre spread. A main game theme.
Like if you're doing Male Dom Protag game with blowjobs, you'll be ok adding in doggy style, or titty wank etc. as while different, doesn't turn off the base group. And I could make a list of 20 different sexual positions and that still wouldn't split it off. Big list, no problem.
In this game, except for the Gay and Monsters the Femdom and BDSM list is pretty much par for the course for the harder variety, so there's not really that big a list. I'd be more put out if he added a way to flip it to Male Dom (one change), as opposed to five more types of FDom BDSM fetishes, as it breaks away from the main genre.

And with a bigger list within a theme, a minor piece of content can always be gated off behind a player choice without breaking the main game. But if you only had two fetishes, say Pegging and Spanking. Giving choice and gating one means you lose half the content. Not a good bang for the buck when you lose half the game.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
For some reason I don't think that would be impossible. I mean BDSM tournament MC got a harem ending.
Hmmm, but that's an ending.... Bit like above discussion. Not sure how many more sales you'll get by having a Mdom ending to satisfy those wanting Mdom... and having them have to play through a whole Fdom game go there there....
To balance out the time and folks you might tick off in their Fdom game.
That's a far more risky addition.

Could you imagine if in Big Brother, on the last and final update, after taking all those pledges the kid ends up being the anal sex slave of Mom and family with strapons? OMG I'd want to see it just to see the internet implode heh.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Hmmm, but that's an ending.... Bit like above discussion. Not sure how many more sales you'll get by having a Mdom ending to satisfy those wanting Mdom... and having them have to play through a whole Fdom game go there there....
To balance out the time and folks you might tick off in their Fdom game.
That's a far more risky addition.

Could you imagine if in Big Brother, on the last and final update, after taking all those pledges the kid ends up being the anal sex slave of Mom and family with strapons? OMG I'd want to see it just to see the internet implode heh.
It wouldn't be the first time he adds some choose your own ending type of deal, and personally I would like it. Many people are into both Fdom and Mdom.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
It wouldn't be the first time he adds some choose your own ending type of deal, and personally I would like it. Many people are into both Fdom and Mdom.
Yeah me too, but again was mentioning the cost in the big picture. Having that in a M/F Dom game from the begining is one thing, you'd expect the folks playing would be ok with it as it's already mentioned. Putting it in later or without warning is another as you don't know if your current base is into both, or how much. Will you get more, or lose more...

But the real point is the bigger picture and the discussion on the makeup of the fetish list. Not saying good, bad, I like it, or don't. Just because you, or me, or John Smith like it, doesn't mean it will always pay off adding it.

You look at the 1st page description here, you'll get those Fdom players.
You flip the ending to a Mdom ending. What do you gain?
Anyone who likes Fdom and Mdom was already playing/paying. No gain in sales, maybe a bit happier with a twist ending but no more money.
Anyone who likes Mdom only probably is not even following, and/or won't play a 95% Fdom game for 5% Mdom ending. So ending doesn't create more sales.
Anyone who likes Fdom only is just going to be ticked off with Mdom ending. Hopefully not enough to lose a sale now or next game.
So what's the final total? Was it worth it. I don't know, just mentioning the design process.

This type of stuff is done all the time for movies, and things like politics. The datamining of demographics (See Facebook latest problems).

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah me too, but again was mentioning the cost in the big picture. Having that in a M/F Dom game from the begining is one thing, you'd expect the folks playing would be ok with it as it's already mentioned. Putting it in later or without warning is another as you don't know if your current base is into both, or how much. Will you get more, or lose more...

But the real point is the bigger picture and the discussion on the makeup of the fetish list. Not saying good, bad, I like it, or don't. Just because you, or me, or John Smith like it, doesn't mean it will always pay off adding it.

You look at the 1st page description here, you'll get those Fdom players.
You flip the ending to a Mdom ending. What do you gain?
Anyone who likes Fdom and Mdom was already playing/paying. No gain in sales, maybe a bit happier with a twist ending but no more money.
Anyone who likes Mdom only probably is not even following, and/or won't play a 95% Fdom game for 5% Mdom ending. So ending doesn't create more sales.
Anyone who likes Fdom only is just going to be ticked off with Mdom ending. Hopefully not enough to lose a sale now or next game.
So what's the final total? Was it worth it. I don't know, just mentioning the design process.

This type of stuff is done all the time for movies, and things like politics. The datamining of demographics (See Facebook latest problems).
It's not like you can like both right, also discussing sales on pirate forum for shadow realm smut peddlers

tontoman

May 4, 2017
It's not like you can like both right, also discussing sales on pirate forum for shadow realm smut peddlers
Well, as others have mentioned can get more exposure here than most sites just due to traffic.
And I prefer to think of this as, a select forum for more refinded and discerning erotica. XD

3.60 star(s) 43 Votes