TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
People shouldn't expect much in the next few updates. CI is way behind the roadmap atm due mainly to getting character customization and the dynamic sex system functional were realized needing to be done before any new meaningful content is added. There is actually less overall content in 3.14 due then before due to a lot of the stuff not being finished yet for the customizable and morphable body. This includes feline skins and outfits.

As a backer I'm not expecting any big content to land until probably May of next year or later. I'd love to be wrong of course but I'm not letting myself built up unreasonable expectations.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
People shouldn't expect much in the next few updates. CI is way behind the roadmap atm due mainly to getting character customization and the dynamic sex system functional were realized needing to be done before any new meaningful content is added. There is actually less overall content in 3.14 due then before due to a lot of the stuff not being finished yet for the customizable and morphable body. This includes feline skins and outfits.

As a backer I'm not expecting any big content to land until probably May of next year or later. I'd love to be wrong of course but I'm not letting myself built up unreasonable expectations.
They're surprisingly on-target considering one of the devs was assaulted with a spade recently.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
They're surprisingly on-target considering one of the devs was assaulted with a spade recently.
Life happens for sure. And really realizing they needed to do the character customization and dynamic sex system now is a very good thing. Trying to implement that down the road would have required so many re-renderings to fix things that no longer lined up.

I for one love the fact we can actually put belly weight on characters now, that's an incredibly rare customizable thing in games. Let alone thighs and hips.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

2B NieR

Mar 22, 2018
Saves don't work well: at first everything is fine, saves quickly, but the longer you play, the longer you wait for saving. Eventually, when trying to save, the game freezes on dead. How to fix it ?
Its the same for me. After I got to a certain point in the game it would take longer & longer to save. One of the saves got messed up with all the missions got reset. I went back to an earlier save but now this save it still kinda the same. Its like all the saves affect each other.
Plus I notice that the saves just stack up every time you save. I end up deleting old saves but when I checked the save folder a lot of save files are still there. Any one else experience the same thing? or you most like will after playing for some time.

Couliber

May 22, 2018
Its the same for me. After I got to a certain point in the game it would take longer & longer to save. One of the saves got messed up with all the missions got reset. I went back to an earlier save but now this save it still kinda the same. Its like all the saves affect each other.
Plus I notice that the saves just stack up every time you save. I end up deleting old saves but when I checked the save folder a lot of save files are still there. Any one else experience the same thing? or you most like will after playing for some time.
Jep, had the same problem with the last version. That problem is still not fixed. Played this version with a lot less saves. Just made my last save for that version and it took a lot more time than in the beginning

Reactions: 2B NieR

heisemajia

Oct 25, 2020
they updated steam version just before jackal update??
now i have to wait another 3 months to play jackal, GREAT

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
This game is almost unplayable with that save problem. Anyone knows how to fix it or get passed it?
The only known fix is to not save as often. Every save makes it slower.
Its says i need to be patreon! So how to play game if I not patreon?
Download it again, v0.3.13 was an uncracked Patreon build while v0.3.14 (the current one on the thread) is a cracked Steam build.
How's the pregnancy in this game?
The tag is there because, for some reason, this forum uses "pregnancy" to tag for both impregnation and pregnancy. The game has an impregnation-focused quest named "Ride the Pony" that earned it the tag.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
The only known fix is to not save as often. Every save makes it slower.

Download it again, v0.3.13 was an uncracked Patreon build while v0.3.14 (the current one on the thread) is a cracked Steam build.

The tag is there because, for some reason, this forum uses "pregnancy" to tag for both impregnation and pregnancy. The game has an impregnation-focused quest named "Ride the Pony" that earned it the tag.
So I have to start over? Because I saved quite a few times already so I have to start a new playthrough now?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So I have to start over? Because I saved quite a few times already so I have to start a new playthrough now?
It might be worth backing up your save folder and trying to prune out all but the latest save file. But make sure to back it up! I seem to recall there being an index file of sorts that tracks all the saves, and the game might not be happy if the actual save files aren't also there.

In terms of what I'd do, step by step:
  1. Back up the save folder. (%localappdata%/carnal_instinct/Saved/SaveGames)
  2. Load up the game, and delete all but your latest save using the save/load menu.
  3. Go to the save folder, and delete the files for the saves you deleted from the save menu.
  4. Load up the game again, and see if this has improved stability/performance.
I've personally never run into this issue (I don't save often), but from the reports it seems to be tied to how many files the game needs to dig through in the save folder. This is not a guaranteed fix - as I said before, the only thing I've seen that is, is not making many saves in the first place.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes