Oko7

Mar 14, 2021
Is it? I haven't been seeing any new reports of the bug on their discord, and the last couple of times this thread updated there were people complaining about it pretty much immediately.
Unfortunately yes. Just searching for "save" in discord shows reports of it on daily basis. It may be fixed for some, but if over time their player base gets also bigger it will be showing up until they get to bottom of it. Let's just hope it will be soon.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Unfortunately yes. Just searching for "save" in discord shows reports of it on daily basis. It may be fixed for some, but if over time their player base gets also bigger it will be showing up until they get to bottom of it. Let's just hope it will be soon.
I've been doing that, though. And thus far I've seen dozens of questions about broken saves, a ton of entirely unrelated messages (such as ones about saving NPCs), and precisely one report of the bug with a time that resembles reports from prior updates. Saving does still take a while for some people, but a couple of minutes (in the extreme case I managed to dig up when looking) is far better than the reports of half an hour or more that I was seeing when the last update came out. (Mind, it's still a heck of a long time for how little data is getting saved)

Edit: Actually dug through the server's search to the day the update came out, and I see why I missed the reports. First report is a day after the update came out, and looks like it could have been an actual softlock/crash that happened when they tabbed out. (The symptoms resemble previously reported softlocks tied to the menus and window focus). Then we get another report two days after the update with someone reported freezing, but it was specific to loading old saves. (Meaning they're trying to bypass the save invalidation)

That was followed up by someone else reporting the actual save time bug, and then following up with the fact that they dug up the appdata folder, found the saves directory was full of old saves from prior versions, and deleted those. The end result being instant save/load times. (This didn't work with prior versions, the save load was effectively permanent sans deleting the appdata folder overall) He then came back to report that he seems to have accidentally deleted quest progress at the same time, which is odd and implies the save has been split into multiple files, only to take it back again when it happened on a new save without mucking in the files.

And then finally, three days after the update, we start seeing reports that clearly resemble the prior bug. Honestly it's on me for not continuing to search every day. That said, while there is clear evidence that the bug exists still, it appears that either the game has far fewer players than it did for prior updates, or the bug is both far less prevalent and generally less severe than it used to be. I count three different people on their discord and none here reporting what is clearly the old save bug, with another two reports that I'd normally discard as tainted data when debugging things on my own projects.

The vast majority of the rest of the search, post-update, is complaints about losing save data and occasional comments like asking how to save a specific NPC. In comparison, prior updates resulted in a multitude of reports of the bug both here and on their discord, starting pretty much immediately.

My old assessment is reinforced by this, however: they need to hire a programmer. Not someone who can code odds and ends while working on other stuff in unreal engine, but a fully capable programmer. There are a multitude of odd little bugs and issues with quests, dialogue, and save handling that I've seen over the last year that strongly imply to me that their team doesn't have a dedicated programmer, and they're instead relying on someone with minimal production level experience who has racked up quite the list of logic errors, oversights, and other small issues that you learn to avoid via experience and training.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Changelog v0.3.24

• Added Form “Male Jackal”
  • Added “Extras” menu to allow skipping to most recent quest.
  • Added torches as a craftable option with the Blacksmith for 10 gold
  • Added a quest notify so once you complete Law and Order it’ll be easier to get directed to Winter Winds
  • Re-Added the Slaver to the docks to help introduce some newer players to the game and help with first quests
  • Fixed an issue with the Toses and Dragon cutscenes which can result in the player not dying and being stuck in dialog
  • Fixed a major issue with Law and Order that can prevent progression of Ranno’s Dialog, preventing the player from completing Winter Winds
  • Fixed an issue with the Cook’s Jail which could prevent some players from unlocking the cook
  • Fixed an issue with the door in Milk and Honey so it will load in fully open if you save with the door partially open
  • Fixed an issue where crafting an upgraded version of an item would remove it from the player equipment but not properly remove the applied stats/effects (fixing slow dagger attacks)
  • Changed Wraps & Bedlah items to be compatible with Jackal Form (female)
  • Changed the system which loads the player equipment in the main menu to try and prevent issues for some players
  • Changed multiple Dialog cameras
  • Changed the Skeleton that can be found in Diamond in the Rough and Milk and Honey which can cause some collision issues
  • Changed the Raving Citizen’s dialog so you can speak to them after Law and Order has completed

Reactions: ViviX12

eyecourt

May 21, 2017
Noticed a problem with the Amulet quest (Uniting Lovers from across the docks). If you turn it in then reload a save before finishing the quest, the amulet will not be in your inventory. I tried this because I wanted to see what would occur if I said I was the secret Admirer.

Quest still tells me I should bring the Amulet of 'Not in my bag' to the girl.

Petern

Jun 8, 2017
I have started a new game - never played this game before - with version v0.3.22. and I have two problems.

- The prisoner on the bottom left can not be freed. I killed the jailer, I have the key in the inventory but I can't unlock the cage, saying I don't have the key.
- Saving takes ridiculously long now. I'm level 6, completed some quests and now when I save the game freezes for half an hour now - it used to take maybe 2 seconds in the beginning to save. Deleting previous saves did not help, or at least it wasn't noticeable.

I tried to search for solution for these but I have not found anything yet. Has any of you encountered with any of these problems and found solution(s)?
Thanks.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I have started a new game - never played this game before - with version v0.3.22. and I have two problems.

- The prisoner on the bottom left can not be freed. I killed the jailer, I have the key in the inventory but I can't unlock the cage, saying I don't have the key.
- Saving takes ridiculously long now. I'm level 6, completed some quests and now when I save the game freezes for half an hour now - it used to take maybe 2 seconds in the beginning to save. Deleting previous saves did not help, or at least it wasn't noticeable.

I tried to search for solution for these but I have not found anything yet. Has any of you encountered with any of these problems and found solution(s)?
Thanks.
First is a known bug that got patched last night in the Patreon update (we won't be seeing the patch here until March, unless they release a Steam hotfix), second is a known bug that only affects some players that the developers have been trying to pin for a year. It would appear that they've made progress since it's now significantly less common, but you seem to have won (lost?) the lottery on that front.

Pococoe

Mar 9, 2019
is there really no trainer or cheats or something? i hate dying and going back and dying and going back...
You can cheat engine your health. It's a float variable and from what I can tell there are multiple addresses you need to modify/freeze at the same time for there to be any effect. you can find how much health you have per level on the wiki in the stats and experience section.

phillibuster

Apr 2, 2019
Thanks, now if only I had an idea of how to do that... oh well, i can cheat money at least, or try to

Edit: Well, so much for that idea...

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 86 Votes