TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I kinda wanna know how much money they've spent on the DRM alone, I'm betting its a lot and none of it is on the actual game's development.
It's pretty clearly a homebrew DRM cooked up by someone in the studio. It's just good enough to not be worth bothering with, and they haven't changed it in over a year because they only bother updating it if someone bypasses it. Which is the second reason I started discouraging the sharing of patreon builds here. If nobody cracks them, the devs don't waste time on DRM.

Huffledrunk

Oct 7, 2021
The devs just released v0.3.70 for subscribers, which should in theory be the penultimate UE4 build we see on Patreon and Subscribestar. (It will receive a bugfix build for a lower tier next month)

As usual, no explicit changelog, but the update has an update for the inquisitor of bast. She's now eligible for the DSS depending on your choices, though she uses the existing relevant scenes rather than having a new one. They also updated her armor and included color variants.

Apparently the release also has some QoL fixes for the DSS, NPC texturing fixes, and adds The Scribe to the DSS list as well.

And finally, they've announced when lower tier subscribers and Steam are slotted to get UE5:

View attachment 2666121

They mentioned that Steam will be an opt-in beta branch, and warned that since everything was built from the ground up, the initial builds are likely to be a significant bugfest.

Also, a reminder that they didn't include in this Patreon post: UE5 launches with pregnancy, a new area, the actual start of the game, mounts, and quite a bit else that we don't have in UE4.

As usual, a reminder that this thread does not get updated with Patreon builds because the game has security measures that require either compromising a Patreon account or sharing a nonfunctional copy of the game (and thus wasting peoples' time).
ah, thanks, needed it alot. since I didn't know if it will be updating soon here with a new version or not. happened to me twice or 3 times where I downloaded a big game just for it to have an update a day or two later lol.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Assuming there's no plans for more (which I have no idea if there is to be fair), it's kinda lame that the inquisitor is just getting thrown into the DSS system and not getting anything unique. I figured there would be something more interesting than that for a capturable boss. REALLY hope that doesn't become the trend.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Assuming there's no plans for more (which I have no idea if there is to be fair), it's kinda lame that the inquisitor is just getting thrown into the DSS system and not getting anything unique. I figured there would be something more interesting than that for a capturable boss. REALLY hope that doesn't become the trend.
The exact phrasing used was:
This means that there are impactful decisions to make at the end of her fight now. Spare the Inquisitor and take her captive, or kill her and obtain her armour. She is now potentially interactive in DSS scenes, should her devotion to the Inquisition crack in the face of her needs. She doesn't have a unique scene right now, but she's fully voice acted.
That doesn't confirm either way, but I assume that since the UE4 version of the game is just about to be set aside, they didn't want to handle something they'd need to rebuild for UE5 when they finally get back to the area that the UE4 build is placed in.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
That doesn't confirm either way, but I assume that since the UE4 version of the game is just about to be set aside, they didn't want to handle something they'd need to rebuild for UE5 when they finally get back to the area that the UE4 build is placed in.
Yeah that's a good point actually, and that wording is a bit more encouraging. Might have been too quick to assume the worst, here's hoping.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

panaeon

Feb 3, 2023
For whatever reason I cannot get any of the Downloads to succeed so far - they fail at different stages of the Download some after 1 GB, others after 2.3 GB - it's a little bit annoying sadly, since I was really looking forward to checking this Game out (it's not available on Steam in my country, so I cannot get it there).

• Sad

RedFox374

Jun 25, 2019
just wornding here but ill the f95zone page for this game get updated past v0.3.64 becall from what i have been reading its seem as tharo it will not but at the same time i am not sure

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
just wornding here but ill the f95zone page for this game get updated past v0.3.64 becall from what i have been reading its seem as tharo it will not but at the same time i am not sure
This thread only gets updated when new versions come out on Steam, because it's much less hassle than the previous attempts to deal with this game's custom DRM. Luckily, Steam updates quarterly so it's not really that long of a wait.

RedFox374

Jun 25, 2019
thx for leting me know and just reread my last post and was not try to come of as an ass are anything like that so just in case if i did my bad

edale

Apr 1, 2018
For whatever reason I cannot get any of the Downloads to succeed so far - they fail at different stages of the Download some after 1 GB, others after 2.3 GB - it's a little bit annoying sadly, since I was really looking forward to checking this Game out (it's not available on Steam in my country, so I cannot get it there).
Use a download manager that supports resume, such as JDownloader, and you should be able to complete them.

Reactions: panaeon

tathanhdat08

Jan 15, 2018
why they want to change to UE5 since they are indie game dev swiching form 4 to UE5 gonna cost them alot of time since new problem will occurred and more system demainding :confused:

• Angry

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
why they want to change to UE5 since they are indie game dev swiching form 4 to UE5 gonna cost them alot of time since new problem will occurred and more system demainding :confused:
I illogically trust you completely and faithfully with all my heart, that this comment is never going to degrade and everything about it is truthful without any bias.
Don't let me down.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It did indeed cost them a lot of time, which is why they've been working on the UE5.1 version for over a year now at the same time as they've been putting out new UE4 versions. This isn't some new "Oh hey it's all UE5 now, lets drop everything in the conversion" announcement. It is "The UE5 version, which we announced was a work in progress over a year ago and which has dramatically affected the amount of content we could put into each new UE4 update, is almost ready for release."

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
I illogically trust you completely and faithfully with all my heart, that this comment is never going to degrade and everything about it is truthful without any bias.
Don't let me down.
Its been how long now since the last proper big update? Other than some more barbed dicks or a skin here and there?

• Angry
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes