freshi85

Nov 28, 2018
Just as a disclaimer, I bought this game on Steam I while ago and am not a supporter on patreon.

That said, there are some valid points of criticism as mentioned above by TheInternetIsForThis but they've always delivered and lots of devs changed to UE5 and looking at this release it is far more polished then other, better funded projects, cough, wildlife cough.

I still do and will have my gripes with some stuff that this game has, awkward running cycles with the bow out, no free cam, no penetration animation, broken quests, only one variation of pussy (I like em puffy) etc. but the point is if you only focus on bugfixes the other side will complain the progression is slow because you didn't add new stuff or animations. The biggest mistake a dev. can make in regards to his project is listen to supporters how the game should be developed. Don't get me wrong they should listen to ideas and bug reports for sure but not on how to plan their project or when to implement new stuff.

Unreal 6

Jan 21, 2018
question is jump to unreal 5 from 4 realy gives any real advanteg ? is it simpler to use or more complex? curently i dont realy see much point for them to the change the u5 beta dosent realy look like they changing much in assents used right now it jsut looks like they staring from zero for some reson by changing to 5

Reactions: leon.falkon

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
question is jump to unreal 5 from 4 realy gives any real advanteg ? is it simpler to use or more complex? curently i dont realy see much point for them to the change the u5 beta dosent realy look like they changing much in assents used right now it jsut looks like they staring from zero for some reson by changing to 5
So a few things about that:
  • Unreal Engine 4 is no longer supported. That means that if they run into an issue, they cannot get any help from Epic. If there is an issue with the engine, Team Carnal is left on their own to attempt to fix it.
  • Unreal Engine 5 has a different asset development pipeline from UE4, and according to CI's developers, the differences work better with their own development workflow.
  • Despite the complaints about UE5 having higher minimum requirements compared to UE4, it actually allows the developers to do some things more efficiently than they could in UE4. Most notably, a lot of the UE5 upgrades are tied to more effectively creating immersive and open game worlds in ways that UE4 just isn't capable of handling.
The trade-offs here are pretty obvious. They're rebuilding the game from scratch, which means that a lot of the work that went into UE4 is effectively lost. Same with a lot of the UE4 content. And as mentioned above, UE5 has higher minimum requirements than UE4, so people with older computers are left with a worse experience.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
How does one use this cheat engine, am new to this.
I. You need the program first (Cheat Engine 7.1) either start it before launching the game or after. If you have launched the game (I would also go into the gameworld immediately) you need to select the process in Cheat Engine by clicking on the blinking button in the top left of the Cheat Engine window.

II. Make sure to gain 1 level so you have 3 attribute points when sitting down at a campfire and select "level up" (as in e.g. Dark Souls basically, if you ever played that). Before allocating any of your points tab out again to your Cheat Engine Window. You will see the buttons "first scan" and "next scan" as well as the empty line below those. In that line type "3" and click on "first scan", wait until it is done scanning.

III. Go back into Carnal Instinct, spend 1 point (only 1) but do not finalize the changes, just spend the point. Go back into Cheat Engine, replace the "3" in the search line with "2" and click on "next scan", wait until it is done scanning, go back into Carnal Desires, spend another attribute point (just as before don't leave the level up screen), replace the "2" with a "1" and click "next scan" once more.

IV. There is a good chance the results will still be too many things so go back into Carnal Instinct, remove 1 of the points you've spent, so that you go up to 2 spendable points again, go to Cheat Engine, replace the "1" with a "2" and click on "next scan" and the result should be only a few. If you then go back into Carnal Instincts and remove the final point you've allocated (so your points go back up to 3) you can go back to Cheat Engine and you should see that 1 of the addresses you've found before has the value changed from 2 to 3, it will be red, so you should be able to identify it easily. Ignore anything that constantly changes the value while you are in the window & instead choose the address that changed to 3 and that remains at 3 while you look at the window.

V. Double click that address and it will appear in the field at the bottom of the Cheat Engine Window. There you can either edit the value "3" into something higher, or (as I did it because it's easier) check the box "active" because that will make it so the value doesn't go down to 0 when you spend points in the game, tab into Carnal Instinct, allocate attribute points as you see fit, once you are satisfied confirm the changes and return to the gameworld that way. While you are standing right beside the fire try to save your game in the menu (press Esc) and if your game saves there (which it might not do at every location during the 1st part of the tutorial, but it should at the first camfire) you can tab into cheat engine again and just close that, don't save when it asks if you want to save the changes made, not sure what that is good for and it's not required for anything relevant to playing with the attribute points.

Edit: if this isn't clear to you I will try to help if I can but I don't think I can explain it in more detail, I've done my best to describe literally every single step.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
That's not exactly a straightforward process, especially when a game doesn't have a cheat table. covers a lot of what you can do, but it is likely to be an uphill learning curve for many people.
True, but thankfully the attribute thing doesn't need any fancy calculations or the like.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
True, but thankfully the attribute thing doesn't need any fancy calculations or the like.
Yeah, that's fair. Even the basic process you described is something that takes a lot of getting used to for first-timers, when they're poking an engine like unreal. It's much easier to learn cheat engine with something smaller, or in a controlled environment.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Yeah, that's fair. Even the basic process you described is something that takes a lot of getting used to for first-timers, when they're poking an engine like unreal. It's much easier to learn cheat engine with something smaller, or in a controlled environment.
Yeah, I was honestly surprised it worked here, often times especially attribute points and the like are really hard to mess with & I'm not really proficient at using Cheat Engine myself tbh.

Limbix

Jul 25, 2021
I know I'm late to the conversation, but if I'm not misremembering anything (lets be honest I probably am) they did a poll on their patreon or something forever ago asking people if they should stick with UE4 or migrate to UE5 and the poll said to move to 5.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I know I'm late to the conversation, but if I'm not misremembering anything (lets be honest I probably am) they did a poll on their patreon or something forever ago asking people if they should stick with UE4 or migrate to UE5 and the poll said to move to 5.
I believe the poll was actually about whether they should continue working on both at the same time, or put UE4 on the backburner so they could get UE5 out the door sooner. The latter option won, which is why we spent the last year or so getting basically nothing for UE4 and feeding all these peoples' accusations of milking.

Edit: found the poll. This is a copy of the Patron post:

"It was only as the titanic form rose before me that I finally grasped the inevitability of the conflict. Looming large the Wyrm obscured everything before me. The traders and farmers streamed past, paying little heed to the hooded wanderer as they ran for their lives.

Baskets tumbled, their contents lost to the shifting sand. Gold, silver, and all manner of precious things were dropped without hesitation. The smallest were bundled up in the arms of strangers, the strong aiming to aid the weak. Their bravery meant little against the slavering maw that began to descend on them.

It is not my way to interfere, with this place or its people. I watch. I write. It is not for me to decide such things. Yet nonetheless I raised my staff. Unbidden the words rose in my throat and I uttered the commanding sounds of that long forgotten tongue.

This decision was too weighty to be left unmade."

Ehkos, A Guide to the Desert Kingdoms
Hi All,

We were torn as to whether we should make this a poll at all, as the drawbacks and benefits are difficult to articulate, but we felt it was important to gauge the feeling of the community around this decision.

This post will not be an exhaustive list of every feature or problem, but will try to give you an idea of what we're talking about so that you can come to your decision.

Update Schedule

This is probably the most contentious bit of news; we're moving to less frequent but larger builds.

We have maintained our twice-per-month update schedule since the first release in November 2020, with some months even seeing more updates than that. The problem with this is that we're more or less past the "easy to fit in 2 weeks" content and we're into the "3 weeks plus of work" stage. It's why the female centaur doesn't immediately ship with an adult scene, for example.

For Avatar tier, what we're moving to will not impact you at all. You'll get a single update around the middle of the month and it will include all the previous month's content.

For Ascended tier and above, the two updates will be replaced with a single larger update, however it will release on the same day as the last month's update goes live for Avatar tier. That is to say that both builds will release around the middle of the month; Ascended will therefore gain exclusivity on the new content for one month rather than two weeks.

This was always something we knew might become necessary, as some things are not possible for our small team to deliver within a 2 week window. It's important to know that this will allow us to make more, not less, each

Why are we making this decision at all?

We mentioned, when announcing UE5, that it allows much more rapid development. That is absolutely true and remains the case. What is not faster however, is maintaining two separate versions of the game.

Some items can be made in UE5 and ported back to UE4, however many others must be made twice. Bugfixes are required for UE4, a cul-de-sac that no longer feeds mechanically into the Alpha.

The long and short of it is that releasing UE4 builds is hugely hampering our development progress.

What are my options?

So before we spell out the options, and though it's a simple choice there are pros and cons on both sides, we want to make something clear; the current UE4 build will remain accessible to Patrons. That means the UE4 version will be available for download either way, we'll just stop updating it with content and put that work into UE5.

So the options;

Option 1

This is what we're proposing. We push UE5 out much sooner than intended, in the not-yet-alpha state it's in. The game starts in an area of the map which players haven't yet seen and where none of our current quests are set.

This means that there will be fewer quests available at the start but far more mechanics. Pregnancy, followers, and mounts are already in (to name a few).

This will essentially be pre-alpha but UE5 - further along in terms of features.

Option 2

This is what we're currently doing. We don't push UE5 out until it's at Alpha, continuing to update UE4 every month. This means some time on some wasted work and therefore knock-on delays - for example all bug-fixing is irrelevant as it's a different engine. Additionally we'll have to update and detail areas of the map which are not in UE5 (as the map is physically different and more spread out).

The clear benefit here is playable content - everything which is already in will remain from day one and the new quests will be added to this version as well. It does delay the Alpha but that may not be a major concern for you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To address the change to the update schedule; we always want to make sure you have a chunky update every month, and we just don't think that's possible if we keep having to salami slice our workload to fit the arbitrary 2 week point. I'm always upfront about things, honest to a fault, and I really believe this is the way to maximise what you get in return for your support.

I'd usually end by thanking you for your support (we really do appreciate it by the way) but instead I want to ask for your honest response. You'll always have the UE4 version to replay content until it's in UE5, but this is the only way we can see to cut the dead weight of a second build.

Team Carnal Instinct

Move pre-alpha to UE5 (Recommended) 94%
Continue updating UE4 whilst working on UE5 2%
No Preference 4%

Last edited:

swordpolisher

Feb 23, 2021
So... apparently getting pregnant permanently reduces your max stamina by 25 points so ya'll preg lovers might want to avoid getting pregnant too many times unless you go down into the negatives and by then running and attacking with melee stuff becomes impossible.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
So... apparently getting pregnant permanently reduces your max stamina by 25 points so ya'll preg lovers might want to avoid getting pregnant too many times unless you go down into the negatives and by then running and attacking with melee stuff becomes impossible.
my guess is that is something going to be addressed sooner rather than later considering how the UE5 build feels very much like a minimial viable product for showing off what they have been working on

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
been waiting for this for ever PREGNANCY about damn time LOL
pregnancy specific or can knock anyone one up
OR is it female mc only gets knocked up and by anyone or specific npc only?
who can knock up female npc specific npc or any of them (if playing female)

Limbix

Jul 25, 2021
I believe it being a permanent reduction has been identified as a bug by them on release, but since you'd only be getting preggers is near the end of the UE5 demo, I'm guessing they felt they didn't need to delay it to fix it.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes