ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I agree with you, changing engine in the middle of the development process is dumb, just think back to when Bioware was developing Andromeda, if they stuck to UE3 or even worked on it in UE4 we'd probably get much better game, instead they switched to a new engine that was buggy and was lacking important tools and features that had to be developed from scratch. If UE5 is so much different from UE4, changing engine is indeed a mistake, saying it kills your game just doesn't make sense unless new engine features something that makes the game much easier to develop and in the end better.
Changing in middle of development - yea, that's disruptive.
Notice though that currently the game is still in pre-alpha. Vast majority of the work is yet to be done and CI team has judged that UE5 significantly improves their workflow, so while it's a bump on the road now, it's a better decision long term.

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
Fact you didn't found it before getting the quest to do so is a good thing.

As every one who has now has a bug quest an can't finish it.

Haaa thanks , thought i was just missing something , but I remember I picked a Sword that was on one of those People in stone !

Last edited:

Xmire

Feb 5, 2019
I didn't check this game for over a year, I think. Does anyone know how much new content (animated scenes) the developers have added? Is it worth checking out now?

Also I've read the last couple of pages of this thread and just want to say this: don't believe people who say that UE5 is "a new engine" compared to UE4. It's the same engine. It has a number of new features which require rewriting some of the code paths in the renderer in such a way that you can't disable them completely (and return to the old UE4 behavior) thus the minimum system requirements of UE5 are always greater.
As for porting a game from UE4 to UE5 - if Satisfactory developers could do it without much hassle then no one should complain. The last time I checked Carnal Instinct, it used ALSv4 system for character movement and primitive parkour (this plugin has been actively maintained and updated for the new engine versions). I highly doubt the devs wrote a single game system by themselves, but even if they did, there should be no problems porting it as long as they know what they're doing. And if they don't know what they're doing then upgrading to Unreal 5 was a terrible idea.

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
I didn't check this game for over a year, I think. Does anyone know how much new content (animated scenes) the developers have added? Is it worth checking out now?

Also I've read the last couple of pages of this thread and just want to say this: don't believe people who say that UE5 is "a new engine" compared to UE4. It's the same engine. It has a number of new features which require rewriting some of the code paths in the renderer in such a way that you can't disable them completely (and return to the old UE4 behavior) thus the minimum system requirements of UE5 are always greater.
As for porting a game from UE4 to UE5 - if Satisfactory developers could do it without much hassle then no one should complain. The last time I checked Carnal Instinct, it used ALSv4 system for character movement and primitive parkour (this plugin has been actively maintained and updated for the new engine versions). I highly doubt the devs wrote a single game system by themselves, but even if they did, there should be no problems porting it as long as they know what they're doing. And if they don't know what they're doing then upgrading to Unreal 5 was a terrible idea.
Animated scenes if you mean sex scenes if I am not wrong There are 3 different places one with a Drakonic female , Another with a Felina Female and another With a Jackal Male... The game in UE5 has some content like the developer posted but still not much , for Quests it has a little more in a reasonable amount its worth playing it ...Bugs are there in one place or the other but not much so far , at least for me , What I have been having issues with is that when you have just one final mission and after impregnate a Female of those two I told The Drakonic Female , the game starts having issues loading the saves ...

There is a quest to find a sword that doesn't show up anywhere mostly cause most of us pick that same sword on a road before so the quest doesn't finish, the final quest I have is to clean the island from the plague , and I just can not find the way to do it ..

But the game is fun..

Reactions: Xmire

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
Have a question how to open the large temple triangle door after getting the watcher eye , doesN'T seem to equip or no activation appears in the door !???

Last edited:

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
How to open.jpg

Does anyone knows how to open this door , tried with the watcher stone but doesn't equip and no activating message appears for using it !

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes