AstriaTaltrix

Sep 5, 2017
New links for the old UE4 version, please?
Impossible to download currently, it takes HOURS and the download even stops and resets over and over.
I tried Torrent but no seeds.

Edit: I finished the download on 7th try.
I uploaded it in case anybody else wants it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh thanks
I tried UE5 but it didn't have much content and only 3 different sex encounters.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Is Shipwrecked Anubites still a workinprogress thing? Cuz Ameni(priestess) just doesn't prompt dialog anymore and just keeps warning people to leave cuz its not safe anymore...

Monn

Oct 31, 2017
There is a v0.5.04 out, not sure if that's the same as the latest one, or I'd submit a ticket

Unknow_XY

Nov 7, 2017
Two bugs here.

Another look at low Visual Effects Quality(VEQ), now making other characters also not have eye textures(instead it loads a checkered gray white texture on eyes)

And if you press Escape to go to the game menu during a conversation your character can move during dialogue.

An image showing this(and also the grid sky texture bug which I had forgot to report :KEK: , related to VEQ but the sky bug happens on both low and medium settings.)
eyeless 2023-08-22 095535.png

Loktahar

Aug 21, 2017
More than the bugs, I am worried they will repeat their mistakes in a new way. The mount is good, as it was a pain in the ass to move around the map. Though after a simple taste, the mount went away. Looking up the guide, I need to buy it again. Come on, what? Make it a quest reward or something. That mount is a big part of the game's pacing solution.

Second, was Unreal Engine 5 even needed? Does it provide some ease of use so that we get more frequent updates and content? If not, then I would not like stuff to be remade in UE5 again.

The Steam version is fucked, as in, if I opt in to EU5 or opt out of it, the game downloads itself again and again. UE5 content is little and not good, as they had a good foundation with a great population in the UE4 version. Now it feels empty. It is in the desert, but come on.

I hope if people do remake something, they wait and have equal content to the previous version or less before any release. I really hope somehow they just remaster the old version in EU5 instead of making it from scratch.

• Angry
Reactions: MrStal0ne

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
More than the bugs, I am worried they will repeat their mistakes in a new way. The mount is good, as it was a pain in the ass to move around the map. Though after a simple taste, the mount went away. Looking up the guide, I need to buy it again. Come on, what? Make it a quest reward or something. That mount is a big part of the game's pacing solution.

Second, was Unreal Engine 5 even needed? Does it provide some ease of use so that we get more frequent updates and content? If not, then I would not like stuff to be remade in UE5 again.

The Steam version is fucked, as in, if I opt in to EU5 or opt out of it, the game downloads itself again and again. UE5 content is little and not good, as they had a good foundation with a great population in the UE4 version. Now it feels empty. It is in the desert, but come on.

I hope if people do remake something, they wait and have equal content to the previous version or less before any release. I really hope somehow they just remaster the old version in EU5 instead of making it from scratch.
Mine didn't go away, probably a bug on your or my part, game is so bare bones right now that its not even worth playing since changes are if a new version comes out we'll need to start all over again.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

Unknow_XY

Nov 7, 2017

You don't need to buy it again though:unsure:? Unless you are talking about the starting area(Heifer's Reach) Aadi, that one didn't travel along with you when you get teleported/sent to the second start zone(Tal'Senet), it is now a free Aadi:KEK:.

Also my bug reports are done so that when the developer goes thought the forum they can find some of the bugs and more easily fix them(still trying to replicate the Aadi duplication that I experienced[for now seems to related to having unresolved quests??? on the quest log]).

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
The mount is a great idea, sure wish they'd do something like that in Hunt and Snare (Fast Travel is a sin, but that game fucking needs it). They need to re-introduce ledge scaling and mantling though, general movement around anything taller than the knees is such a pain without it. Also, it's still to this day easy as shit to accidentally break the UI to the point of soft-locking. Inventory screen needs a way to return to the equipment screen directly instead of needing to be closed out then hitting I to open the equip screen again. I also found I was able to bug a quest to retrieve a sword for the bar lady by accidentally finding it before taking the quest and having already sold it to her since I already had one by that point. Since it involves a quest item, it needs to be a unique item that cannot be sold. Finally, combat actually feels even clunkier and inconsistent than any of the pre-UE5 builds, which is honestly quite a feat. Strangely, everything is level 1, but probably shouldn't be - that stone guard hits like a truck and doesn't give too tenths of a rat's ass how hard you hit.

Overall, seems like the voice acting is getting better, though someone needs to tell that bard to knock it off when I'm talking to the owner...fuck, she's loud as shit. There is some missing voice lines though that you will notice from time to time. Also, you can pet a dog, or at least a dog-like animal, so game automatically gets a point just for that. About the mount, btw, the guy says it's 1000 munnies but you can just "take her for a test spin" and never come back. He even acts surprised that you do come back at all, almost like the game is saying "just take the mount and leave for free".

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Is there another upload of the unreal 4 version? The 3 others don't seem to work for me
I'll see if I can get an upload to Mega later on this evening. Internet where I'm at isn't the greatest so it might take as long to get it ready by then.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Is Shipwrecked Anubites still a workinprogress thing? Cuz Ameni(priestess) just doesn't prompt dialog anymore and just keeps warning people to leave cuz its not safe anymore...
The quest is finished and doable, but this game version is super-duper finicky about dialogue triggers. I had this quest bugged like you so I just restarted the game and skipped any other quest and encounter I could to get there. It's the most rewarding quest in the game too - you get the 2-handed sword, bows, arrows, and unique armor from chests that spawn by the water's edge when the dialogue reveals them. If you're a "nice" player, tell the Anubites about the ships to escape with, do not tell them that you found their weapons for them to try to defend themselves with. The captain hints that you may meet them again in another location later should they survive.

The Prodigal Son quest also bugs like this when it's time to go back to the father to finish the quest - he won't let you complete the dialogue sometimes. Just run that quest through from start to finish when you get it. I still don't know what the "???" option is, I don't mind spoilers.

Limbix

Jul 25, 2021
The quest is finished and doable, but this game version is super-duper finicky about dialogue triggers. I had this quest bugged like you so I just restarted the game and skipped any other quest and encounter I could to get there. It's the most rewarding quest in the game too - you get the 2-handed sword, bows, arrows, and unique armor from chests that spawn by the water's edge when the dialogue reveals them. If you're a "nice" player, tell the Anubites about the ships to escape with, do not tell them that you found their weapons for them to try to defend themselves with. The captain hints that you may meet them again in another location later should they survive.

The Prodigal Son quest also bugs like this when it's time to go back to the father to finish the quest - he won't let you complete the dialogue sometimes. Just run that quest through from start to finish when you get it. I still don't know what the "???" option is, I don't mind spoilers.
I will say, they also said there is a side quest in the works to guarantee a good ending for this quest called "If it bleeds..." where you go kill the thing that caused them to shack up.

Reactions: JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
what the difference between unreal 5 and 4 are they same?
No, they are different. The Unreal 4 version has more content but has ceased production to migrate to the Unreal 5 engine. If you play the Unreal 4 version you get to experience some of what will be coming to the Unreal 5 version and you will know what changed between the versions. If you lack time just try the Unreal 5 version and wait for future updates paced about every 4 months. Hopefully your save data in versions of the U5 build can carry over to new U5 builds.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
No, they are different. The Unreal 4 version has more content but has ceased production to migrate to the Unreal 5 engine. If you play the Unreal 4 version you get to experience some of what will be coming to the Unreal 5 version and you will know what changed between the versions. If you lack time just try the Unreal 5 version and wait for future updates paced about every 4 months. Hopefully your save data in versions of the U5 build can carry over to new U5 builds.
Especially since the way the UE5 build starts compared to the UE4 builds. The UE5 build is more like a Bethesda game wherein the beginning wants you to proceed through a defined segment before it finally opens up the so-called open world. The fact that you have to run through a questline just to get to the point where you can customize your character, even to the point of walling much of it behind a currency, just feels like a thing Howard would do. At least this dev doesn't seem to be as enamored in their own shit.

Edit: Btw, I don't want CI devs to think I'm bitching that this game has a Bethesda opening. As long as this game doesn't continue to pressure the player to play ALL of the questlines before being allowed to really do anything else even if that's not what the player wants to do, it's fine honestly. Bethesda doesn't quite know what free will really is, and that's a pretty big problem they still can't seem to get out of their system. Giving the player an opening like this is okay because it's an opportunity to introduce the player to the game world while easing them into being acclimated to how that world works and the story around it. Since there's not much beyond what feels like a mere opening, so far CI doesn't commit the same sins Bethesda seems to keep making in their games. We'll have to see how this game fairs in terms of truly letting players off the leash once that's been accomplished.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes